Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
:: Review :: Dermalogica Deluxe Facial Brush
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 24, 2004 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
I got this as part of my order with my EDS $50 voucher last month. I've never used a facial brush before so can't really compare it to others on the market.

The bristles are sooooooooo soft.
They do an excellent job of helping to lather up any cleanser I use on my skin. I don't always want to use an exfoliating product on my skin but using this everyday helps to get rid of any grime or dead skin build-up.

I was worried that if I used it to remove my make-up in the evenings the white bristles may get stained by all the gunk that gets cleaned off. No problem. The brush just rinses clean and dries off really quickly.

It comes with a little cap to cover the head and bristles of the brush so they don't get bent out of shape. The whole brush arrives in a case which is really handy for travelling.

I actually look forward to cleansing my face when I use my little Dermalogica facial brush. Very Happy
Dabawenya62
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hi those brushes are really handy. I don't have the Dermalogica one but I have the Shiseido. Ever since I started using the brush almost 6 months ago, I can't do without it. It helps in massaging and cleaning/exfoliating those dead skin, and even though I don't wear make-up except for pressed powder, it does its job. I recommend to get one. And yes those bristles are so soooooft Smile

5% products discount

Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
Toe, I went and ordered the brush after I read your review...and you're absolutely right, the bristles are the softest I've ever felt!

Plus, I usually double-cleanse when I remove my makeup, first with a cleansing milk and after with a typical cleanser like the Dermalogica Anti-Bac skinwash cos if I don't, some traces of makeup always stays. But ever since using the Facial Brush, I found that one-step cleansing is good enough to get all the gunk off! When I use a toner afterwards, the cotton pad stays white Razz

And yep, the gunk slides off the bristles with just a slosh of water under the tap!
elee123
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:18 am      Reply with quote
Now I am tempted to order one. It sounds to good.
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:10 am      Reply with quote
Wow - this brush sounds really nice!! I'm tempted to get one, myself. Thanks for the review.
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:25 am      Reply with quote
I'm popping one in my shoppingcart "as we" speak"...

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
dsq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:17 pm      Reply with quote
i bought this brush a while ago as well, it serves as a gentle mechanical exfoliant for my skin. plus i like the fact that it comes with a little clear cap to cover the bristles
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't used a facial brush for a long time. Having Rosacea I have to be careful but I was told I could use the brush in areas that haven't got the visible veins, is that true?
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:40 am      Reply with quote
I used Dianne Yvonne's facial brush and it fell apart after about 5 washes.
Confused
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:47 am      Reply with quote
I've been in and checked and it is ages since Toe posted... but I wanted to ask you about useing the brush on your eyes! Shock Didn't that hurt?

I've got the brush and like it, but have learnt not to brush too hard, the bristles are very soft but the tips can be a bit harsh IMO....but I have pretty senstive skin though. Leaves my face baby smooth Very Happy and my SO got some tender loveing facial care with it last night and he really liked it - to his own surprise LOL...

I've had the brush, oh I don't know - maybe 6 months now - used it quite a bit and it looks and acts like new! Good buy!!!!

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
I am wondering if people are still using this??? and how it is going.
dsq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
i have the brush as well, it's good for foaming up the facial cleanser and for physical exfoliation.

Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
simran - I use my brush on and off, depending on what cleanser I use. I tend to use it with foaming cleansers rather than with lotion/cream ones so I'm not using it at the moment. I have the Shiseido brush (*so* *so* soft!) and do recommend it. I don't think I see much difference in my skin but I like the light exfoliation and like using this in the morning to give my skin a little extra wake-up boost.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
thanks for your review dsq, mabsy Smile
rubie13

Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
I love using the brush! It makes my skin so nice and soft after I wash off all the cleanser. Is really works good around my chin aread because I get blackheads and a few large pimples around that area. It really help un-clog pores and just make it very clean.
Blue Lotus
5% products discount

Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all,

I am considering getting the Clarisonic but it's a lots of money for me to spend now. Just wondering about this Dermalogica facial brush will work just as good as the Clarisonic. Could someone please provide me the wisdom to help me choosing the best one? Smile Thank you.

Blue Lotus
FalineRN
5% products discount

Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
Can this brush be used with the Obagi system?
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:32 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |