Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

How to grow hair faster?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
rosesandpeonies
5% products discount

Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
I cut 6 inches off my hair in the summer and it's growing painfully slow. I have been taking Biotin 5000 mcg and omega 3 fish oil vitamins on a daily basis. Occasionally, I give myself a coconut oil treatment. I just bought some gelatin to try and am thinking of trying MSM.

What else can I do to get my hair to grow faster? Any advice is much appreciated.
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
My hair tends to grow fast as it is however, I'm using GNC's Hair Skin, and Nails formula and it's growing even faster.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
This may sound odd but true, your hair and nails both grow faster during summer than winter!

I agree with supplements that support healthy nails and hair!

HTH
DM

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
rosesandpeonies wrote:
I cut 6 inches off my hair in the summer and it's growing painfully slow. I have been taking Biotin 5000 mcg and omega 3 fish oil vitamins on a daily basis. Occasionally, I give myself a coconut oil treatment. I just bought some gelatin to try and am thinking of trying MSM.

What else can I do to get my hair to grow faster? Any advice is much appreciated.

I take several supplements for the skin, and most help the hair as well. My hair grows like a weed. I think mostly because I take 3 grams of MSM daily.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
Supplements wise, I think MSM is a good choice. The other things to do, are a little scalp massage (so the nutrients your taking will nourish the hair folicles), and maybe doing a brushing routine, where you lightly brush your hair (usually some people do this with their heads hung over the bed so gravity stimulates their scalp). The old wives tale used to be to brush your hair 100 times (but its very dependant on the brush - using a plastic synthetic brush will scratch the scalp which you don't want so choose your brush wisely). Its also quite relaxing.

The other thing to look at are B vitamins (these are majorily important for hair growth), and perhaps even doing a detox of sorts for the body to cleanse itself of impurities. You won't experience major growth during the detox, but immediately after hair takes on a new lease of life.

5% products discount

Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hi R&P

Google Meka-Tek and try that it works wonders for making your hair grow. You need the black bottle 'Rebuilder'. My hair grows at 3/4" per month [u]summer[/u] or [u]winter[/u]. It is fantastic and the condition it imparts is phenomenal.
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
I use MegaTek too and it helps. Got a bad haircut over summer and been growing it out ever since. I also take Biotin.

5% products discount

Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:17 pm      Reply with quote
k girls now youve got me is this a product for horses ???? is it safe for humans ??? and how do you take apply it ???? any similar ones in australia ??? Im intrigued love Gorgeous

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:57 am      Reply with quote
If you want rear hair to grow fast ,cut of some front hair,vise versa.....I heard it worked,not for sure
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:36 am      Reply with quote
MegaTek is safe for humans. I started off with using Ovation Cell Therapy but that costs $57 a bottle. MegaTek is similar in ingredients and costs around $30 a bottle. So that's why I stuck with the MegaTek.

5% products discount

Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
thankyou white wolf, how do you use mega tek please ? how long does a bottle last and anyone seen megatek in australia ??? thankyou again ive always wanted to grow my hair it grows to just below the bra line then stops and goes stragly uggh. I going to put in mane maxx extensions in the mean time Ive also got a good link to msm in oz Gorgeous

5% products discount

Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
shampooing your hair everyday can make them grow faster!!!
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, normally I would just put it on wet hair while showering and leave it on for 5 minutes, then rinse out. I tried putting it on my hair when it was dry as a pretreatment but felt it got too sticky (doesn't help my hair is thick/coarse though). Some use it on their hair overnight; anything goes really. For me, the quick 5 minutes then wash out was easiest and still got me good results. Smile

5% products discount

Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
thankyou do you use conditioner as well ? and how long does a bottle last please gorgeous .

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:01 am      Reply with quote
I have been taking supplements for hair growth for a while. At first I was taking a simple Skin, Hair, Nails formula that you can get cheap. I then went to Biotin, and now I take a B Complex vitamin (B Vitamins + C), I also take MSM occasionally. My hair grows pretty quickly, and my hair has never been this healthy/thick...my hair used to be thinner when I was YOUNGER!

People SWEAR that supplements don't help your hair grow, but THEY DO.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:35 am      Reply with quote
Prove it - shampooing my hair just made it dry and brittle!
seres wrote:
shampooing your hair everyday can make them grow faster!!!
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:33 am      Reply with quote
You tend to find your hair grows faster in warmer climates.

Sea kelp has been identified as a supplement that does help to improve hair growth.

I would suggest that washing your hair more often will not increase hair growth, but may just dry out your scalp and hair.

I have not in 30 years of hairdressing identified a tried and trusted method to increase hair growth, your hair goes through three cycles, growing resting and falling out and this dictates how your scalp is populated with new growth. Scalp massage does increase the circulation to the scalp, so this might improve the quality of your hair and stimulate follicles that are in a resting phase. Another method to stimulate the scalp/follicles is by using a galvanic device with a comb attachment.

HTH

PQ

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:49 am      Reply with quote
EC413

What brand of biotin and vitamin B to you take and how much daily? How long was it before you saw results?

Thanks, Lin
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:56 am      Reply with quote
LOL glad I'm not the only one who thought that about washing the hair.

Warning though re sea kelp, if you have thyroid issues you got to say clear of it as it can effect the thyroid big time.

What kind of comb devices would you recommend? I've seen so many but am always skeptical about them. Do you use one yourself? My hair is starting to thin (but I'm at that lovely lady age where things start going south at an incredible speed!).
photoqueen wrote:
You tend to find your hair grows faster in warmer climates.

Sea kelp has been identified as a supplement that does help to improve hair growth.

I would suggest that washing your hair more often will not increase hair growth, but may just dry out your scalp and hair.

I have not in 30 years of hairdressing identified a tried and trusted method to increase hair growth, your hair goes through three cycles, growing resting and falling out and this dictates how your scalp is populated with new growth. Scalp massage does increase the circulation to the scalp, so this might improve the quality of your hair and stimulate follicles that are in a resting phase. Another method to stimulate the scalp/follicles is by using a galvanic device with a comb attachment.

HTH

PQ
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:59 am      Reply with quote
Lin, I just use the generic brands from Giant Eagle, much cheaper!

And I actually found that my hair is much healthier if I DON'T wash it everyday. Washing it too much strips the hair of essential oils and makes it dry!
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:21 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
LOL glad I'm not the only one who thought that about washing the hair.

I think if someone wants to have long silky hair and grow it - condition is really important, during the growing phase, if your hair is dry, you will give up and cut it short to improve the look/condition and handling, I think a few days of conditioner only cleansing does also help.

Warning though re sea kelp, if you have thyroid issues you got to say clear of it as it can effect the thyroid big time.

I didn't know that about kelp - thanks for the top tip!

What kind of comb devices would you recommend? I've seen so many but am always skeptical about them. Do you use one yourself?

I have heard good things about the NuSkin product which is galvanic and has a hair comb attachment.
http://www.nuskin.com/intercom/editorial.do?contentId=eu.ns.product.galvanic

We used to use one at a trichology clinic for people who had alopecia - and in some cases it did work but it was very slow and not that reliable.

I don't use one.

My hair is starting to thin (but I'm at that lovely lady age where things start going south at an incredible speed!).

The most effective treatment I have seen for hair getting a little thinner is homeopathy, I referred quite a few clients for treatment and a few came back to show me their amazing hair. I think there is a lovely man age where it all goes south, I am keeping up the battle Smile

HTH

PQ

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:31 am      Reply with quote
Topical caffeine and/or shampoos containing caffeine are supposed to accelerate hair growth.
GORGEOUS@50
5% products discount

Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
wow so many responses thankyou all gosh this is a great forum !!! youre all so helpful and lovely souls Smile
well Ive chopped all my dry ends off. Im now taking
silicia every day 1 tablespoon in juice

1 dessert spoon of malasses( which is supposed to make hair shine )

one hair/ skin and nails tablet every day

one puereria mirifica cap every day ( for estrogen balance)
massaging my head when I rememb er

coconut milk/ cream masque once a fortnight.
and if i washed my hair everyday it would fall out so cant do that one.

I would like to try msm and the other stuff wrrrritten higher on this thread so will order gosh that will take up all my time ..

keep the ideas coming girls love Gorgeous.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
GORGEOUS@50 wrote:

keep the ideas coming girls love Gorgeous.

Please can you be inclusive, there are men on this forum who work hard to share their knowledge and I did contribute to this particular topic, it does say in my signature I am a man.

Thank you

Philip

5% products discount

Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
Dear dear Philip not only are you a man but I have learned so much from your very knowledgeble posts several times ove. please accept my deepest apologies for any disclusion. xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo especially regarding hair it will be really interesting to hear from the mens side for me as I am trying to help my husband maintain his very few lock. as you can see I am very new to this forum and on L plates. thankyou for alerting me love and gratitude Gorgeous.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:49 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |