Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
HELP! How to wash a sore, red neck?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
MarieIG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:36 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

I recently increased my retin A to .1 micro, and last night, in my wisdom, left on an enzyme wash/ mask on my face and neck for 1/2 hour. My face was fine, but this resulted in a sore, red irritated neck. Well this morning I just washed my face, but I'm going to work out soon and will need to wash my neck.

Any advise on how to clean my neck without irritating it further? Right now I have olive oil but no other oils in the houses. TIA

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:45 am      Reply with quote
I had same problem with neck in first day of using RA. Hemp oil help me a lot, at first I tried with avocado but hemp oil is law for this neck issue.

I don't know for olive oil, but as far you haven't anything else try it. It can't make any damage.

But I think that you can clean neck with gentle cleansing milk, than mild toner and than apply oil - that's work very calming for my neck and decollete.
But avoid any woollen collars near skin - it is itchy like hell Mad

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, I will try what you are suggesting. I am also going to put in an order with iherb and add in some oils, i.e. castor, hemp and jojoba, but I will have to wash my neck before they arrive Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
The other thing that might help is really washing with only water, doing little splashes on the neck (or just rinsing it under the shower). Be sure to pat dry (not vigorus here) afterwards, and then apply either a good moisturising cream/lotion. With your neck, it needs a little rest. Olive oil is probably a good night time treatment to sleep with, but for general day, I would use a thick cream of sorts to moisturise top layer or even aloe vera gel to help the skin there heal up faster.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:48 am      Reply with quote
Hi I ended up washing with a little cool water and olive oil, and gently patting dry. The oil did not completely come off, but my neck was screaming and stamping its feet (to the extent a neck can stamp it's feet). When it dried I put a little copper serum and lipid serum over top. It is less irratated today, but it peeling like crazy.

SeanySean, I do have some aloe in the house, so I can try that later. I'm only going to wash my neck once today, just with water in the shower after I do the treadmill.

Mirjana, I can't wear wool in the best of times. My dad used to bring me beautiful Irish sweaters back from Ireland (he and his brother are Irish/ Swedish and used to go to Ireland frequently), and I always ended stuffing them in the back of my closet due to the itch factor!

Thanks for all your help!

Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:21 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |