Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Eminence Organics Masques & Treatments
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
hi everyone wave

its winter here in canada, and i thought i should stock up on hydrating masks at my favorite store, EDS. among the hydrating masks, i felt i should explore the organic natural products as well. EMINENCE. its natural and organic, it has to be good for ya? right?!?

well, in my enthusiasm, i purchased, in the eminence line, the peach, hibiscus, apricot, chocolate, and sugar plum masks. the treatments, i purchased linden, fire thorn, and seven herb.

yup, i'm just not a happy puppy about this. not happy at all. the masks and treatments are very thick and that's fine, but why is it so difficult to get off? i tried them straight from the jar, or mixing with water, and even rinsing before it dries. the thing won't come off!

i rinsed and rinsed, and even took out my natural sponges to gently remove. for anyone that has sensitive skin or fragile skin, this IS NOT for you. i used different toners (valmont, orlane, etc)with cotton swabs/pads afterwards to remove the remaining film. hmmm... not impressed. i still feel the wax film and bits of product here and there on my face. is anyone suppose to have any skin left after this treatment? Embarassed

i won't write all the descriptions for each product but...

seven herb treatment: intense treatment, soothing and nourishing properties with organic herbs and antioxidants for all skin types. as soon as it is on, it tingles. i would not call this healing and soothing. it was drying. my face felt like it was saran wrap stretched over tupperware.

linden calendula treatment: rich night repair cream or treatment for dehydrated and dry skin types. again, it says for dehydrated and dry skin right? wrong! Confused it left my face dull and dry.

i love playing with skincare products... and like anyone, i would love to make more natural and organic choices. however, i was not impressed at all with this company. perhaps it is just me or my skin type... but i thought i would write this review and let other members with dry or sensitive skin know...

to proceed with caution.

truly, after, if you are sucessful at getting this finally off your face, i'm not sure you'll have any skin left. maybe they should have marketed it as an extreme exfoliatant or dermabrasion. Mad

sorry for the negative review. i hope it helps someone though. Smile

i won't throw it out which what i should do. perhaps if i'm brave i'll give it another go, after my skin grows back... or i'll use it on my body in the shower or tub. i just hate to waste money, or throw things out.

HTH
happy new year to all! Very Happy

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
update... after a couple of days, when my face somewhat recovered from the eminence treatment, i had second thoughts and grabbed for the jar again. i thought perhaps i was being too harsh, and so i started again...
(i will only write about the seven herb and keep it simple.)

grabbed the jar with smiles... trying to convince myself that it'll be better this time around. all happy that i was going to do a nice treatment just before a shower. i floated around in my monster slippers happy as could be.

i opened the jar and took a nice wifff... lovely fesh herb scent, almost right out of a romantic, and well groomed garden. mmm... i stared into the mirror content and proceeded to finger out globs and began to paste it on my face. mmmmm... thinking peaceful thoughs i smoothed out the gobs and spread gingerly across my cheeks... until... ack! awww.. something was digging into my skin. i looked closely and found a darn twig. a hard twig i say! i looked around pn my face, and amongst the pieces of herb, i found more hard twig like pieces... i thought there must be a mistake. they wouldn't put wood in this thing. especially not hard pieces like this!

i fished around in the jar, frantically and found more evidence. i was stunned.

what could i do. i waited 10 minutes till it was tacky and headed into the shower. in the shower i remained for at least an extra 20 minutes... again trying to get this sucker off my face. i tried giving the mask treatment a gentle water fall to loosen it, i tried steaming it, gently gliding my hands repeatedly to dislodge it... i spent a lot of time under the water. even when most of it was off, there it was again, that mysterious hard film left behind. i never experienced or felt anything like it before.

when i gave up, the hard film was all over my face, neck, and chest, and still found bits of eminence around my nose and eye area.

but eminence is out of my life and out of my fairytale dreams of romantic and well groomed gardens. where did it go? the tiolet monster ate it! Bad Grin

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
beautyrose
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:23 am      Reply with quote
I think it isn't suitable for sensitive skin.
onlyxi6
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:30 am      Reply with quote
i don't know more about eminence, but the mask is very famous, some friends introduced "hot mask" to me, i will buy the "hot mask" to try

5% products discount

Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:22 am      Reply with quote
I want to try the masks,they sounds so great,but now,I have to think about,I am sensitive skin
cupcakeaddict

Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
Moving from the States to Canada, this is a much more marketed line to Canadians since it has headquarters in Vancouver. I was not able to find out where it was manufactured though.

I purchased a few items after a facial at a local spa via the recommendation of the spa person. Normally I don't do this since I already have a line I like, but I was looking for a facial scrub and masque to add to my regimen. One of the items was the pear and green apple masque. I waited a few days post facial to start using this product. What I found was it too harsh for my otherwise normal/combo skin to handle. I am not sure if it was the Green tea which is added or what. I am not a scientist.
Katy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
Eminence Mask sounds great! I heard so many positive comments. Just wondering are they suitable for sensitive skin as well??
Katy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:21 am      Reply with quote
I wanna try eminence's raspberry recovery eye masque, it is good? Any experience to share??Smile
Katy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hello?

It sounds like Eminence is no longer popular?? The post about Eminence is really inpopular now....
POPO
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:35 am      Reply with quote
according to my friends it is great. i was going to try it.now i am not sure, but i might still gonna try.
Katy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:00 am      Reply with quote
Thanks POPO,

I have been using its Sweet Red Rose whip Moisturizer for a week. It's quite good that makes my skin smooth and soft.

I like organic products. Anyone knows which Eminence products is a must-try for sensitive skin??
Katy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:01 am      Reply with quote
Thanks POPO,

I have been using its Sweet Red Rose whip Moisturizer for a week. It's quite good that makes my skin smooth and soft.

I like organic products. Anyone knows which Eminence products is a must-try for sensitive skin??
POPO
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:21 am      Reply with quote
ordered the hot mask, will do a review after using it. really hope it clears my huge pore
queenielau718
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:30 am      Reply with quote
I search all over the internet, got replies from friends in Europe. The bottom line conclusion is:
“ilcsi is the original line made in hungary since 1958. ilcsi is the woman’s nickname who studied biochemistry, herbology, folk medicine and esthetics and created the line.

the eminence people used to work for ilcsi. they took her recipes and started a U.S. company.

ilike is the U.S. version of ilcsi. they are the same company, essentially.

i don’t know if the eminence products are good or not, now that they have tweaked the recipes. my problem with them is they are unethical.

in addition to a great product, i’m happy to support the woman who started this great line by using ilike organic skin care.”

I have used Eminence for awhile, the products are just OK but NOT too GREAT

I find the seven herb treatment is the best out of the 30's masks
beautyrose
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:40 am      Reply with quote
I intend to buy the Eminence Garlic & Tomato Masque to treat my acne.
queenielau718
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
Eminence Garlic & Tomato Masque may not be a very good choice if you have a very sensitive skin.

5% products discount

Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:56 am      Reply with quote
I was a fan of Eminence. Their Persimmon & Cantaloupe Face Cream and that yogurt face mask are my favourite products... but I didn't think they were so unethical (as mentioned earlier in this forum).

Check out Ilcsi's website:
http://www.ilcsi.com/
beauty mask
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:10 am      Reply with quote
Sensitive skin should use stone crop

bonheurgirl wrote:
I want to try the masks,they sounds so great,but now,I have to think about,I am sensitive skin

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:11 am      Reply with quote
how about pumkin and yam?

queenielau718 wrote:
Eminence Garlic & Tomato Masque may not be a very good choice if you have a very sensitive skin.

5% products discount

Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:44 pm      Reply with quote
I love Eminence products,I've been using them for years!!
whskdgs
5% products discount

Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:20 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone of you know that if Eminence Couperose-C Serum can lighten pigmentation? I have light-sensitive skin and get it dark very easily after sun-shine. So I am now looking for some serum that can help to brighten my skin colour~
beauty mask
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:36 am      Reply with quote
You can try stone crop serum. It can lighten pigmentation. I have not use Couperose-C, can't give any comment.

whskdgs wrote:
Does anyone of you know that if Eminence Couperose-C Serum can lighten pigmentation? I have light-sensitive skin and get it dark very easily after sun-shine. So I am now looking for some serum that can help to brighten my skin colour~

5% products discount

Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
I have sensitive skin and am allergic to salicylates- I tried blueberry soy repair mask. It is good and have had no reactions.I would definitely recommend it.
Katy wrote:
Thanks POPO,

gamma
5% products discount

Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
Ilike is available in USA but not in UK. Additionally it is not available to individual customers in their european website unless they are beauty professionals! It is supposed to be very concentrated....how effective is this for sensitive skin?
queenielau718 wrote:
I search all over the internet, got replies from friends in Europe. The bottom line conclusion is:
“ilcsi is the original line made in hungary since 1958. ilcsi is the woman’s nickname who studied biochemistry, herbology, folk medicine and esthetics and created the line.

the eminence people used to work for ilcsi. they took her recipes and started a U.S. company.

ilike is the U.S. version of ilcsi. they are the same company, essentially.

i don’t know if the eminence products are good or not, now that they have tweaked the recipes. my problem with them is they are unethical.

in addition to a great product, i’m happy to support the woman who started this great line by using ilike organic skin care.”

I have used Eminence for awhile, the products are just OK but NOT too GREAT

I find the seven herb treatment is the best out of the 30's masks
beauty mask
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
blueberry soy night cream also good for sensitive skin.

gamma wrote:
I have sensitive skin and am allergic to salicylates- I tried blueberry soy repair mask. It is good and have had no reactions.I would definitely recommend it.
Katy wrote:
Thanks POPO,

Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:24 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |