Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
:: Review :: Blinc Kiss Me Mascara
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Thu Nov 25, 2004 5:49 am      Reply with quote
This is one mascara that has tempted me for ages. These are not available in Australia and I have not been able to find any place online that had decent postage to Australia - until, that is, EDS started stocking this.

I ended up getting this in "purple" which is actually a lovely bright purple color on the brush but it's very subtle on my lashes (which are quite dark). You only get a glimpse of a purple tinge in sunlight really, so this looks dark but not as harsh as black mascaras can look (at least on little pale me).

What's special about this mascara is the formulation - it coats your lashes in "stuff". Ok, bad description.... It forms "tubes" around your lashes. This is quite evident when you take it off (which you do with only water - no cleanser required or recommended) - literally you see purple (in my case) tubes of, well, "stuff" sliding off your lashes. This mascara has not irritated my eyes, has not smudged and it seems to keep a curl pretty well (my eyelash perm is wearing off in SECTIONS Confused ). Initially, I started off by taking the mascara off by just wiping my eyes with wet warm cotton balls but that means that the little tubes go all over your eye area. The best way to do this is to actually gently grab your lashes through some cotton wool and then pull - the tubes just slide right off. No mess, no fuss, no cleanser or makeup remover!

I'm quite impressed with this mascara, although, as with all mascaras, this is a personal choice and what I like you may end up hating. It's not an overly wet formulation but it's also not a dry one - it's somewhere in the middle there.

Btw, I have tried Mirenesse Secret Weapon mascara which is the Australian alternative to this mascara. I have to say that I really do prefer the Kiss Me one - the Mirenesse didn't really do what it said it would. I think it was a wetter formulation to begin with, but it didn't come off in tubes like this one does (rather, it came off in flakes) and it also clumped a fair bit. I have to admit that I still do have to use a lash comb with the Kiss Me - it does stick them together a fair bit as well.

Ingredients: Water, Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Triethanolamine, Acrylates Copolymer, Isopropyl Alcohol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Methylparaben, Pentasodium Triphosphate, Propylparaben, Ultramarines (CI 77007), Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

Mabsy
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Blinc Tubing Mascara (5 ml)
Blinc Tubing Mascara (5 ml)

Formerly known as Kiss Me, blinc is the original mascara invented to form tiny water-resistant "tubes" around your lashes rather than painting them like conventional mascaras. Once applied, these beauty tubes bind to your lashes and cannot run, smudge, clump, or flake, even if you cry or rub your eyes. Whether your daily activities take you from the office, to your sweaty workout and then out to dinner, your lashes will look as good in the evening as they did when you first applied blinc in the morning.

chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 25, 2004 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
You provided the ingredients! Hooray!!! You are the best reviewer in town. Laughing

Sounds very nice, although I must admit the tubes freak me out a bit...
skybaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 25, 2004 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
This is my HG mascara. I had used this mascara for years, actually I think it had been since it first came out because I get a special deal with the company. I recently had to stop using it because after so many years of using it my eyelashes fell out in some places. I have switched to Maybelline Sky High Curves waterproof which is running a close second, but will definitely switch back. I have also tried the Mineresse. Paid an exorbitant amount to have shipped from AUS to US and didn't like it one bit.
wen_goldfish
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 25, 2004 11:05 pm      Reply with quote
I love Kiss Me Mascaras! I have black and blue esp. good for the lower lashes.
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 26, 2004 3:03 am      Reply with quote
Hey Mabsy,

I ordered the Mascara after you mentioned it a few weeks ago!, I also got the purple. I was amazed how it comes off the eyes in tubes!

I also think its great and the colour is perfect...will definately be ordering this in other colours!

Fri Nov 26, 2004 5:37 am      Reply with quote
Yeah, I love taking this off. Plus you're only using water around the eye area as opposed to eye makeup remover. I must say that this does not really lengthen all that well (fine with me anyway) but it does add some body to the lashes. I only use one coat and get nicely defined natural looking lashes. I have been reading MUA reviews of it today and saw a good tip about using this on top of your lengthening mascaras (especially if you have a problem with smudging). Then you get the lengthening effect but no smudging because the Kiss Me "contains" the mascara underneath it.

I think I'm going to get the blue one... I'm not sure - what other color is good for someone pale with dark hair and brown/hazel eyes?
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 26, 2004 6:12 am      Reply with quote
Do they do a green colour?...a deep green would look nice...

Sat Nov 27, 2004 12:34 am      Reply with quote
Unfortunately no green - there's black, black/brown, blue, brown, and purple. I think blue might be my next one.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
I was out yesterday and saw it in a shop for $25 and I just couldn't pass it up.

I got the black and came home to take off all my makeup so I could reapply and test out the mascara. I LOVED how easy it went on. I was even able to use it on my lower lashes which is unheard of for me! I found it to take a bit longer than other mascaras to set, but that didn't bother me.

I must admit that I took an afternoon nap and no smudges!!!! YAY!!!!!

I was a bit scared to take it off last night but it really did come off very easily. I can't go back to regular mascara now.
Mabsy

Fri Feb 04, 2005 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
Glad you tried and liked it Lianne! I like taking it off - it's addictive Smile
manic

Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
This mascara sounds like Kanebo 38 Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:59 am      Reply with quote
wow, this mascara sounds like fun! I'm intrigued to try it. I like the idea of the brown or the blue Smile I can't choose which colour Rolling Eyes
Mabsy

Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:43 am      Reply with quote
Hi Rosewater,

What eye color do you have? Purple mascara is supposed to be great if you have brown/hazel eyes - it makes them stand out apparently. It's my fave color. Brown is nice and is basically not as harsh as black. Not sure about blue.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:52 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
Unfortunately no green - there's black, black/brown, blue, brown, and purple. I think blue might be my next one.

Mabsy,

You probably know by now I am not much of a makeup person. I need some guidance Confused I have greenish eyes. What color do you think I should get? If you put purple on does it really stand out as purple? I have also heard blue makes the whites of your eyes look whiter. hmm
Mabsy

Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:53 am      Reply with quote
Winnie,

Apparently if you have green eyes you should go for a purple or green mascara. The Kiss Me purple that I have does not actually look purple on the lashes, you can tell in sunlight that there is a light purple tinge to it but it's still quite dark on the lashes although it looks quite scary in the tube.

I have also heard about the blue making whites appear whiter but I'm not too sure if that applies to blue mascara as well. I know that eye brightening eye drops are usually blue.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
I always stick with black. I tried blue once and it looked hideous on me..mind you i'm blonde with brown eyes.

I sometimes use brown/black..usually when my hair is lighter in the summer.
rosewater
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
Hi Rosewater,

What eye color do you have? Purple mascara is supposed to be great if you have brown/hazel eyes - it makes them stand out apparently. It's my fave color. Brown is nice and is basically not as harsh as black. Not sure about blue.

My eyes are sort of green/brown. Hard to describe. I think I will try brown first because it's 'safe'.. hehehe and then if I like it purple is definately the next one. Cool
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
You can always use the brown and just put the colour on the tip to start out with til you get used to it...
rosewater
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
That's a neat idea! Thanks Lianne Very Happy
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
My mom used to do that after I told her the blue was just too much! It wasn't navy, it was like royal blue...VERY bright. It looked ridiculous with her pale blonde (almost non-existing brows and hair)
rosewater
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
hehehe Laughing I remember when bright blue mascara was all the rage in the early 90's! I thought it looked hideous. Shock Embarassed
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
it took years to get my mom over to the brown/black end of the scale.

I fear blue mascara and eyeshadow after being a child in the 80s...no wonder i'm terrified of clowns. Laughing
rosewater
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing Laughing Laughing hey being a child in the eighties makes you 'special' Wink You know it's odd, alot of my friends have a fear of clowns, you may just be onto something there! Shock Shock
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
my boyfriend and I both are...It may have something to do with stephen king's IT too...
daisyatl
5% products discount

Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
fyi -- it does come in green. i just bought it at my spa in atlanta.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:02 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |