Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
:: Review :: Blinc Kiss Me Mascara
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
daisy, how do you like it?
Mabsy

Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:58 am      Reply with quote
daisyatl wrote:
fyi -- it does come in green. i just bought it at my spa in atlanta.

Is it nice?
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:15 am      Reply with quote
FYI - green eyed ladies like myself should use purple or burgundy mascara to really make their eye color pop! Second-best is a navy mascara, which can actually be worn by any eye color. Navy mascara is supposed to make the whites of your eyes look even whiter/brighter, so you look more refreshed and 'wide-eyed.' Personally, after trying purple mascara (yeah, they can look scary on the wand, but the effect becomes very subtle once applied to your lashes) I would never go back to just plain black or brown....
daisyatl
5% products discount

Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:44 am      Reply with quote
let me get back to you on that. i must confess i am not a big make-up person so not sure you want to base anything on me, however, my secretary is and has been wanting me to bring it to work (or at least wear it to work). i will do so tomorrow and let you know the verdict.
Mabsy

Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:49 am      Reply with quote
Thanks daisyatl - looking forward to it! Smile
daisyatl
5% products discount

Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:31 am      Reply with quote
well the color is nice, however, my assistant said that she could only see it on me close up, not from a distance. she also said that it lightened my lashes (they are dark) and that they stood out more without the mascara. we did decide that it would probably look best if i wore black mascara and then applied the green to the tips.

hope that helps.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
thanks daisy! How did you find wearing it? I cried yesterday and didn't get smudgies so I was happy!!
Mabsy

Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:28 am      Reply with quote
Thanks again daisy Smile Yo ucould try using a white primer underneath the mascara if you wanted to bring out the green more Wink
rosewater
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
lianne wrote:
thanks daisy! How did you find wearing it? I cried yesterday and didn't get smudgies so I was happy!!

I hope you're feeling better today Lianne
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:05 am      Reply with quote
better? umm...not really. I've got a really tough semester full of math and accounting and I just don't get it. I had an accounting test today that was hard. I had to pick up hagen daz cookie dough on the way home if that tells you anything!
dede
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
Just got this in the mail yesterday and tried it for the first time today. I really like this stuff! I have a horrible time with mascara running and smearing no matter what the type. It's mid-day and it is still in place! That is a very good sign!
marella
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:44 pm      Reply with quote
lianne wrote:
My mom used to do that after I told her the blue was just too much! It wasn't navy, it was like royal blue...VERY bright. It looked ridiculous with her pale blonde (almost non-existing brows and hair)

lianne- is the bright blue in the Kiss Me or a different brand? I was sort of thinking of the blue in this assuming it was a navy. But I can do without technicolor lashes. Laughing

Okay folks, I am terrible with color so someone please help me. Black it too harsh for me in my opinion. I'm pretty fair-skinned with red undertones. Does anyone know about the brown/black as opposed to the just brown? Or the blue if it isn't the blue that lianne was describing. My hair is sort of medium brown with highlights, and my eyes are bluish. They change a bit and have yellow-the cat part- in them a lot of the time but no brown so they aren't hazel. So just sort of bluish. Rolling Eyes See long explanation, I really am hopeless.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:33 am      Reply with quote
Marella - have you ever tried a burgundy/wine colored mascara? It’s an ideal solution for whom black mascaras seem too harsh, but brown mascaras don’t really work either. Burgundy mascaras are a mix of brown and wine color, and they really make the whites of your eyes look brighter and they go great with blue or green eyes (really makes your eye color “pop”). I know the color might sound scary by my description, but it’s really natural looking on the lashes. (BTW, I’m a fairskinned redhead with peachy tones to my skin and green/grey eyes) Yves Saint Laurent makes a gorgeous burgundy mascara, but I think they actually call the color “violet” or “eggplant.” My suggestion: go to the YSL counter at your local mid-range department store (i.e: higher-end than Penneys or Sears, but lower-end than Macys or Saks, in TX it would be some place like “Foleys” or “Dillards”) and take a look. Burgundy and/or dark violet mascaras are my faves because they look more natural than stark black lashes, but not as ‘washed out’ as brown mascaras can be....

HTH,
Carrie
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:37 am      Reply with quote
P.S. It’s the Miranesse mascara (Aussie rendition of Kiss Me) that is bright royal blue. I bought it from their website because I thought it was *navy* blue (which looks fantastic with any eyecolor!!) and had it shipped to me from Oz. I ended up keeping it because it was just too much trouble to send back, but the few times I wore it, the royal blue was VERY noticeable (so noticeable that people were commenting on how ‘strange’ my lashes looked). After that, I’ve been very careful to buy only *true* navy mascaras so I don’t get fooled again! If I can’t find my fave mascara brand/formula in my beloved burgundy or violet, then I’ll buy it in navy....
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:40 am      Reply with quote
I think it was Kevin Aucoin, or one of those famous makeup artists who said - unless you're albino, black mascara is the way to go. Who knows. I never had good luck with just brown mascara either. My eyes had no oomph. Black brown was better, but still....I still wasn't 100% happy. I think that's why I've always stuck to basic black.

Anyway, I agree with Carrie that a burgundy mascara is great. I have one from, if you can believe it, Max Factor, that is a burgundy-ish shade, I think its a 2000 Calorie Mascara, that really does make the ol' blues pop! It's very, very nice.

So far, the Kiss Me Mascara is the only one I'll wear on my lower lashes. It is the only one that has never caused racoon eyes. That's what I love about it. Never, ever smears.

Maria Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
no no...the colour my mom wears is NOT the blinc me. it's some crappy estee lauder I think, might be lancome, but definitely not the blinc!!
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
I forgot to add that I've been wearing this stuff for over a month now and it's still in great condition. Usually mascaras will clump in a couple of weeks, but not this one! Very Happy
marella
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for all the input. Are you all sure on the burgundy wine color? I picked up the aubergine cake eye-liner which is pretty close to a burgandy color from Laura Mercier when everyone at MUA was raving about it and it was terrible on me. It made my eyes look really red and bloodshot all the time. I happily returned it. Of course that was eye-liner and this is mascara. So it could be completely different. But a lot of the time part of the fun is the trying and seeing how it goes.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:35 am      Reply with quote
Just make sure that the burgundy has more violet (dark purple) in it than it does red tones. As I said, the one from YSL is gorgeous! But if you’re really scared or hesitant, ask the store what their return policy is to make sure you can bring it back if you don’t like it.
marella
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:50 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
Just make sure that the burgundy has more violet (dark purple) in it than it does red tones. As I said, the one from YSL is gorgeous! But if you’re really scared or hesitant, ask the store what their return policy is to make sure you can bring it back if you don’t like it.

carekate: Thank goodness most big department stores have a good return policy, or lord knows all the stuff I would have had to keep. Laughing After my really big error with the aubergine eyeliner, I have tended to avoid that color range just to be safe, but I can wear most anything with a blue tone to it so I think the burgandy with the more violet would probably work. I'll just have to take one of my more ruthless friends with me who will happily tell me the truth on how things look. Thanks for the advice on the color. On my own, I would probably never even considered trying that color. And what fun is that? Smile
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
I've got to be honest -- I've never even considered wearing a 'colored' mascara, I've always gone for black. But you ladies have raised some interesting options! I think I'm going to go for a navy mascara this week. I have gray eyes that can look either blueish or greenish, so maybe this will help bring some color out. Thanks for the suggestions!
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:16 am      Reply with quote
Marella - I just wanted to tell you that Shisedo makes a lovely dark burgundy/violet mascara, too! I actually use my Shisedo purple mascara more often then the YSL version because the Shisedo is waterproof (the area around my eyes is *extremely* oily so if I don’t wear waterproof mascara I end up with a serious case of ‘raccoon-eyes’ by lunchtime!!). Just wanted to let you know, because – at least at my department store – YSL shares counter-space with Shisedo so it’s kinda like ‘one-stop-shopping’!! Very Happy
marella
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
Carekate: Thanks so much. As you know I love my Shisedo. It keeps me from looking like a raccoon. Laughing I haven't gotten to the department store yet, but will definitly take a look at both of them now.
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried Kiss Me's new volumizing formula? I just saw it this weekend and was curious.

Liz
Mabsy

Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:51 am      Reply with quote
Liz - didn't even know it existed! Something else for me to try... Rolling Eyes

I just tried the Joey NY mascara with primer on the other end and I'm liking that. I also bought the other day Maybelline Sky High Curves (it was on sale and I couldn't resist Embarassed). While my curl is not sky high, I am quite pleasantly surprised with it (especially since I think the MUA reviews were quite negative).
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:08 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |