Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
How can I make my clothes smell like detergent?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
headachexv

Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:43 am      Reply with quote
Can some1 help me out. After Im done washing my clothes I can smell the detergent. When I am done drying them I don't smell anything. I also use dryer sheets. I also use concentrated detergent. Can someone help me. I want to smell like my detergent!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:45 am      Reply with quote
You can try some of these ideas;

- Use a less intense dryer setting
- Remove clothes while still just a bit damp + hang till dry
- If your dryer has an "automatic" setting use that rather than letting it go beyond the time it takes to dry.
- Be sure you're using enough detergent.

When all else fails and you want to smell like a lovely laundry detergent, hit up Sephora for "Clean Warm Cotton"... Amazing little parfum it tis... Laughing

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Rockalilly
5% products discount

Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
I use Gain with a little bit of Borax (make sure it disolves in a little warm water before putting your clothes in)and Downy fabric softener then dry with Kirkland dryer sheets. My clothes come out smelling great.

Gain is really strong so the scent lasts and I'm using a concentrated version. I've also seen that Gain just came out with dryer sheets. I'd love to try them but can't justify buying them since I still have a box of 500 from Costco. I'm sure they smell divine since I love the smell of Gain!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
have you tried fabric freshener sprays, like febreeze?

years ago, when i had more time, and i was fixated and determined to have fresh detergent smelly clothes, i would place fresh new dryer sheets in between clean folded clothes, in the drawers and closets. HTH

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
doodlebug
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:46 am      Reply with quote
Did you all see those lint rollers made by Bounce that take the fuzzies off your clothes but also freshen them with Bounce fabric softener smell? I haven't tried them, but it might be worth looking into. Also, there's a type of laundry detergent (I can't remember who makes it) that has some type of microscopic renewing fragrance beads in it that are supposed to release fragrance every time you move in your clothes. Does anyone know what I mean? I saw the commercial on TV but can't remember the brand.
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:49 am      Reply with quote
i find what really helps with making my clothes smell fresh but also kill any bacteria germs etc...is a few drops of tea tree oil in water...and then doing a final rinse from that!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
It won't make your clothes smell like the detergent you use, but if you find a fabric softner you like I would suggest that. I never used it until this past summer when I started hanging my clothes on the line. I always thought it was an unneccesary step but now I really love the smell & the way my clothes feel.
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
All you need to do is leave fabric softener out including the fabric sheets. Those are too perfumy. UGH! I never use fabric softner. Better still, hang your clothes outside if you have a clothesline.
Moonface001
5% products discount

Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:43 am      Reply with quote
Another idea is to dilute fabric softener in a spray bottle and spray your clothes with that. Either as you are folding and putting them away or when you put them on.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:10 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |