Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Very Disappointed with the Customer Service at Light Stim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Skitahoe
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:56 am      Reply with quote
I called the Light Stim company this week and was very disappointed with Steve’s service. I had very specific questions just to verify of some of the things the AALS is capable of. These things even say it on their website!

It seemed that it will not help with even skin tone, redness, or anything of the sort. Well, then. What does it do? I wondered. He didn’t even seem that fond of me getting the darn product.

I told him my issues were acne, hyperpigmentation, redness from shaving, and razor bumps from shaving. The shaving issues tear up my face like no other. I want the hair completely remove. With razor bumps, the hair follicle is rough and does not completely remove.

He said that I should be careful because doing the correcting things like IPL, Pearl (which I haven’t done, but I am doing a Micro Laser Peel in two weeks), etc. would thin my skin. I told him that it wasn’t a concern of mine. My biggest concern is acne, shaving issues, and hyperpigmentation. I would worry about thinning of the skin (which isn’t even a concern for me) when that time came in the unforeseeable future. I asked him, “Well, then. If those procedures correct the problem and thin the skin at the same time, how do you correct the face without thinning the skin?” He didn’t respond.

I remember a dermatologist on this board saying (from a member) that you want the top layer thinned and the bottom, other layers thick.
He didn’t even seem like he liked the product.

The Obagi Clenziderm has brought the crud (blackheads, whiteheads, inflamed) to the surface, but it’s not fully doing its job.
This is why I am going to buy the AALS and Acne AALS.

I sure am getting tired of having the same issues.

Will anyone of these LED Devices help with redness from shaving?

I have some scaring, but it's a minor concern.

He also said he would check with his supervisor about the functions of the product and call me back, but he never responded.

I am willing to pay for both devices if it does what the website says it will suppose to do. If not, the website has false hope and advertising.

I am willing to put in the millions of hours for the LED light to work.

I am really having my doubts about this product merely due to the customer service.

EDS members, please prove me wrong!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:18 am      Reply with quote
Skitahoe,

I can't blame you for feeling the way you do! I don't use any of the LED devices so I've never had any experience with the company!

Those on the LED threads seem to only have raves about the device and the customer service with Steve?
I hope one of those members can chime in and help you with your concerns!

DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
I'll be happy to chime in, as I also have been trying to talk you out of an LED purchase since you 1st PM'd me.

Here's what I told you on Ded 23rd;

To: Skitahoe
Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:00 pm
Subject: Re: RE: AALS Question (recommended I PM you by Toby!!!)

Hi xxxxxxx,

You're going to hate what I'm about to tell you, but I'm saying it anyway... You should just stick to the Obagi regime for the full 18 weeks, see where you are at that point, and only then should you consider an LED...

LED's are great, but *pigmentation* concerns are the toughest, and take the longest to treat.. In order to address hyperpigmentation with an LED, a regime of alpha hydroxy acid, retin a + lots of exfoliation and even peels are helpful... In other words, the LED on it's own, won't address it.

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!
Kathy

In my experience LightStim (and NCN) have the very best customer service I've encountered, and customer satisfaction is their #1 priority... I would think you would be grateful that Steve tried to talk you out of spending a significant amount of money, on something that you would clearly not be happy with.. (IMO that is what *all* CS should be about...Telling the truth, rather than just grabbing the almighty buck.)

I also have told you (several times) that I don't think an LED would serve your purpose. You are certainly free to purchase any LED you choose, and hopefully you will get outstanding results, and I'll be happy to admit that I was wrong.

Hopefully others will chime in with their positive or negative CS experiences... Mine has been 100% positive through 4 purchases with LS.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Skitahoe
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Kassy for your reply. I figure the acne ls will help since Steve recommended that one. Part of me thinks that getting both would hope. At this point, it is only money. I am happy that most members have gotten excellent results with the led devices. I would and most likely will take the 90 day guarantee. I have nothing to lose. The worst thing I think that will happen with the purchase of the led devices are my skin will look the same!!! Do most members on this board that receive great results with the led not have acne? If led won't help, how do I fix the redness and razor bumps from my shaving woes? Thanks for the comments. I love this board!
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
I am sorry you have had a bad experience with Lightstim.

In my experience, the customer service from Lightstim is fantastic, Steve is very helpful and knows his product.

I hope your original post on this topic does not put EDS members off buying this product as we have many posters on this site clearly stating for their particular condition the AALS works.

Steve if you are reading this post, thanks for all your help and emails.

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
I want to thank you both for responding, I posted just to bump it up in hopes you that have the most experience with LED and Steve would chime in and give your positive opinions and quash any concerns!

DM
Smile

5% products discount

Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
Skitahoe wrote:
I asked him, “Well, then. If those procedures correct the problem and thin the skin at the same time, how do you correct the face without thinning the skin?” He didn’t respond.

I don't see how your question to the CS rep, Steve, even relates to the AALS. No wonder he didn't respond, he isn't here to answer those type of questions, as that is a medical question.

I suggest you ask your dermatologist about your concerns, before spending that amount of money.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
I have gotten the impression Steve is the go too guy from the company, from reading the LED thread. If some things are mentioned on the sight I would assume a company representative would answer about those claims?

DM

tmeyer66 wrote:
"I asked him, “Well, then. If those procedures correct the problem and thin the skin at the same time, how do you correct the face without thinning the skin?” He didn’t respond."

I don't see how your question to the CS rep, Steve, even relates to the AALS. No wonder he didn't respond, he isn't here to answer those type of questions, as that is a medical question.

I suggest you ask your dermatologist about your concerns, before spending that amount of money.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:53 am      Reply with quote
Someone must have brought this thread to Steve's attention, and since he isn't a member of EDS, has asked me to post this on his behalf;

Hi Kathy,

Just a few words on this recent EDS forum subject and you can quote me.

Our customer service, whether it is me or another of our staff, adhere to the policy that the first goal in serving any existing or potential customer is to give them the best advice possible. This should include using all that we have learned in the last 8 years from our tens of thousands of customers.

Our different Lights, each have a function or result that occurs with almost 100% of the users of that particular model. When someone wants to buy a Light and their main goal is not that main result that most people receive, we let them know so that they are not blindly purchasing our Light. That way, at least we have done our best to be honest with them and hopefully this will result in them having a good opinion of our company, even if they don't achieve what they mainly started out to achieve.

We do state numerous benefits from using our Lights on our website. Not all people or even close to 100% of the users receive all of those possible benefits, but, almost 100% will receive these benefits from the Anti-Aging and Acne Lights: The Anti-Aging Light builds collagen and elastin and thus reduces fine lines and wrinkles. The Acne Light kills the p.acnes bacteria and thus reduces the number of pustules. With these 2 Lights, almost 100% of our customers have received those benefits.

The person on this thread of the forum was looking for a result that is not reported very often. Most companies would be glad to take their money and "hope" that they got the result. We'd rather be honest and not make a sale.

I sincerely apologize if I did not answer this persons emails in a manner that satisfied them. I did try to do my best to help them though and I did not want them to spend any money without the benefit of our input.

Best wishes,

Steve

Steve Marchese, President, LightStim International, Inc.

LightStim® International, Inc.
The LEADER in LED Light Therapy

SteveM@lightstim.com
Toll Free (800) 298-4010
Local/International (714) 602-2412
http://www.LightStim.com

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
ricayhermosa
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
tmeyer66 wrote:
Skitahoe wrote:
I asked him, “Well, then. If those procedures correct the problem and thin the skin at the same time, how do you correct the face without thinning the skin?” He didn’t respond.

I totally agree.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |