Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Has anyone tried to repair their skin DNA with this cream?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:45 am      Reply with quote
What do you think of this product claim? Very expensive.

http://www.mypureradiance.com/revive/SAS.html
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
Actually $240 for 3 1 oz. jars isn't all that expensive compared to some products I have purchased. Do I believe the claims? No, only because I have that so many times. I would need to read lots of reviews before considering purchasing this item.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:
What do you think of this product claim? Very expensive.

http://www.mypureradiance.com/revive/SAS.html

There has been 1 review by Marta on truth in aging.

http://www.truthinaging.com/face/revive-dna-rejuvenation-cream-tested-and-recommended

And, ingredients per truth in aging:

Purified Water, Squalane, Hyaluronic Acid, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (natural thickening agent derived from coconut), Teprenone, Polyacrylate 13, Polyisobutene, Polysorbate 20, Xylitylglucoside, Anhydroxylitol, Xylitol, Astragalus, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin.
ChariseS

Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
Purchased this product as I am a big fan of Dr. Sears and have had amazing results with hyuralonic acid in reducing my wrinkles. I originally learned about it from a review at Pure Skin Blog.
queenielau718
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
I do trust the theory behind. The brand Revive Peau Magnifique Youth Recruit has the similar ingredients:

Telomerase: Recruits a youthful skin by triggering a cascade of responses that contribute to a transformation of brand new skin cells.

EGF [Epidermal Growth Factor]: The "youth molecule" that is a bioengineered protein that dramatically increases skin cell renewal.

FGF [Fibroblast Growth Factor]: A bioengineered molecule that increases collagen, which firms the skin.

Hyaluronic Acid: A natural moisture binder.

however; they sell at $1500USD for NET WT (4) 0.03 FL OZ / 1 ML. !!!!

and this product only cost $240USD is not expensive at all; however I maynot 100% trust this kind of product b/c there is no picture of the product, you don't know the texture of the cream, very min. review.
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, being a biology major, I am almost certain those products will not work the way you want them to.

First off, telomerase is a gigantic and extremely complex protein. It not only has to pass through the out cell membrane, it must also pass through the nuclear membrane. The latter is much more difficult because it requires a numerous number of receptors on the nuclear membrane in order to get something that large inside. Not only that, the telomerase is likely not even of human origin because that would just be illegal. If you used a bacteria/animal telomerase, it just won't code for the same DNA that you and I have, which could actually cause mutations. But the fact that there has been no reported adverse effects of mutations or teratogenic effects, it is most likely because this telomerase can't even get inside the cell in the first place. Oh and if it can't get past the cell membrane, it most likely won't even get past the numerous epidermal layers due to its large size.

DNA is extremely complicated and replication of it can only ever be done inside a lab where the biologist literally has to stick a nano-scopic (yes, nano) needle into the cell in order to introduce the appropriate enzymes to stimulate DNA replication. And even then, the cell has to be carefully monitored for any mutations. Do NOT mess with your DNA. It literally codes for your life.

Telomerase is an active area of research. It was only just last year that its true role was discovered. Do you think a company such as this one would have been able to discover its secret by now without the whole world knowing? If they could find a way to reverse age using a telomerase, they would've also won a nobel prize, just as the discoverers of the telomerase did.

The reason why we age isn't because of the telomerase enzyme. It is due to the natural degradation and exhaustion of all our cells in the body.

The only molecules that will work from this product are likely just squalane and hyaluronic acid. I'm not really certain what the EGF and FGF are, but unless they are what Paula Begoun likes to call, "cell communicating" (meaning they act on receptors on the cell surface as opposed to actually entering inside the cell) then they will not work either.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:39 am      Reply with quote
I wonder if you can just do it with a specific diet instead. Mimi Kirk said after 18 mos. of being vegan and eating mostly (all?) raw food, her skin noticeably improved.
ChariseS

Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
Of course being vegan will help your skin! The trouble is the work and discipline it takes to be vegan, so we are all looking for something that's easier.

I recently got a sample from my dermatologist when I went for my skin cancer screening and she wrote Afirm 2 on the outside which has retin a. Lo and behold, you can order this online much cheaper. Anyhow, I have received more compliments on my skin lately. Not sure exactly which product is working but I am not going to change my routine any time soon. Unfortunately for me, using the retin a product can easily burn you and I worship the summer.

Cheers to looking younger,

Charise
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:59 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |