Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Confused...need to tighten skin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
cg820

Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hello all,

I was standing in line at my local Victoria Secrets at their big sale yesterday, when I caught my reflection. I really need to do something to tighten my skin. Can someone suggest a path for me?

Currently I am using Avene Eluage(about 4 months now...not seeing much effect)
Just started 30% glycolic peel at home once a week (week 3)
DIY Vit C serum

My major issues are lines, crepinesss and horrible eye bags under the eyes, overall sagging, I am 43

I am open to anything where people have good success, including injections and surgery.

Will Obagi tighten skin?

Thank you for any insight and wisdom.
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
I am the same age as you and have experienced the same.

The things that have helped me have been dermaroller (1.5mm) copper peptides and a lot of exfoliation (I was using a glove now reversital).

In conjuction with this I have botox and fillers to the NL's and cheeks/undereyes (I have a thread about this down a bit).

I hope that eventually the copper peptides etc will reduce the need for the fillers, but if not I guess I will have to keep getting them. Embarassed

HTH

rebecca

Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for the response. Copper peptides
scare me, but will pursue that.

Were you please with the filler under your eyes?
I am about ready to have a consultation about
an upper/lower bleph.
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
cg820 wrote:
Thank you for the response. Copper peptides
scare me, but will pursue that.

Were you please with the filler under your eyes?
I am about ready to have a consultation about
an upper/lower bleph.

My original experience with filler there was BAD. But it was done differently through the cheek this time and injected deeply.

Your Ps will be able to tell you if you are a good candidate or whether the bleph will be a better option. A friend just had a lower bleph and she looked great within 2 weeks!!

Good Luck!

rebecca

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
cg820 wrote:
Will Obagi tighten skin?

Obagi will help somewhat with the tightening, but that is a harsh system and unless you have pigmentation issues I would not recommend it. I think you are doing the right thing with C and Eluage and glycolic. It will take time for you to get any change (especially just using Eluage), as even with Retin A the majority of benefits start after 6 months and are seen best at the 1 year mark. The only thing I would say is to bump up to Retin A if your skin can tolerate it and make sure you are wearing a really good sunscreen for your skin.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:21 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |