Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

DIY crest whitestrips for whiter teeth
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
ellet
5% products discount

Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:18 am      Reply with quote
hey guys. i need some help. i am not very skilled in the DIY world, so i need some help coming up with something similar to crest whitestrips.

first of all, i competely boycotted tooth paste, since that gave me the most horrible bad breath ever. no matter how many times i brushed my teeth. for the past few months i have been brusing with hydrogen peroxide and baking soda. and my teeth and mouth in general has never been this clean.

here is what i did today. i used some foil to make an 'imprint'? of my teeth. i put some foil on the top of my teeth and folded the rest underneath. so that way i have a 'cup'.

i mixed some hydrogen peroxide with baking soda so it looks just like white toothpaste. added some beverly hills formula whitening toothpaste. supposedly really helps with bad breath, and added to the foil mold. then placed on my teeth for 15 minutes.

my teeth were white after the first application. i noticed some yellow was gone. so i guess one shade whiter.

now i need help in knowing if what i am doing is ok or not. i don't want to damage my teeth.

do you guys have any input?

what are the ingredients in crest?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Ellet - I will try to help you with an idea or two.
First of all to answer a few questions you have:
The active ingredient in Crest Whitestrips is from the best of my knowledge a carbomide peroxide base.

The biggest problem I see with using foil as a makeshift bleaching tray is that foil can cause galvanation - that is: a reaction with any dental amalgam fillings and possibly crown or bridge work. If you don't have any of these such things it may be okay. You can always buy those do-it-yourself nightguard trays and use this.

Now to inexpensive suggestions for bleaching of your teeth:

First option is to buy a product in the dental aisle called Gly-oxide. This is a carbamide peroxide base also.

A second option (don't laugh) is to use Auro Eardrops -
I have used both.

Either of these can be placed in the makeshift tray and worn for a period of time. I would not wear longer than a half hour to start.

I also brush either of these gently/lightly on the fronts of my teeth and let sit for several minutes and then rinse out. It helps rid the teeth of surface staining. In a tray it would act similar to a bleaching preparation you pay mucho bucks for.

Stat slowly as bleaching can cause temporary dental sensitivity.

A quickie solution is to get a $1.00 bottle of hydrogen peroxide and swish around teeth - hold in your mouth as you shower for as long as you can (10 minutes is really good). Spit out. This does a nice job of a quick whitening and brightening.

Let us know how these work for you. ~Sis

Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:22 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |