Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Best Shampoo EVER: Brazilian Blowout
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
Dear All,

I'm so excited! I have been using the Brazilian Blowout shampoo (on untreated hair) and it is soooo fabulous!
My hair is shiny, manageable, bouncy, and it feels strong and voluminous without being at all static-y.
I love it!
I would have never used it had my sister, who owns a salon, had it in her shower. I used it out of sheer desperation because I hate "Enjoy" products, which is the other brand she uses. I bought the shampoo and conditioner after using it and it seriously beats every other shampoo/conditioner duo I've ever tried.
Because it was formulated for people who do a "Brazilian Blowout" to their hair (keratinized heat straightening that stays permanent as long as you use sulfate-free shampoo), I would not think ever to use it on hair that hasn't undergone the procedure. It's not marketed to a customer base outside of the blowouts. But it is sulfate-free as a result, which I really like!

here is the link to the brazilian blowout procedure, if you don't already know about it. I've heard nothing but pure raves.

http://www.brazilianblowout.com/

And here is the link to the products:

http://www.brazilianblowout.com/acaiaftercare
I'm so happy to have shiny manageable winter hair!

On another note, has anyone done this to their hair when not curly and/or problem hair? My sister wants to do it on my hair and I'm not sure I want to. My hair is already pretty straight with a natural wave and smooth cuticle, slightly color-treated. Any info would be appreciated, because I hate being her "practice head," if you know what I mean.
A bunch of my curly-haired friends have gotten the blowout and it looks amazing on them, though.

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:51 am      Reply with quote
Hey Avalange....is there a website that you can purchase just the products without undergoing the procedure or can you only purchase from a salon that does this procedure? It sounds really interesting....

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Bren!

I have no idea! If you can believe it, my boyfriend, who prides himself in washing his face and hair as little as possible and with "soap" (I know, please don't judge) just asked me if my sis could send him some shampoo and conditioner wholesale, too! I mean, if this isn't the endorsement of the century, I don;t know what is!
Only downside is that I think I have to wash my hair more frequently. I usually try ot go 3-4 days and now my hair looks a bit oily at day 2. Must be the lack of sulfates drying out my hair!

As for how to get the products, so sorry, I thought the link to the website had a p.o.s. Maybe EDS can carry it!

I think the best thing to do would be to use the salon locator on the website and see if someplace local to you sells it.

Sorry I cannot be more helpful!

--avalange

p.s. still waiting to hear from people who have had the treatment--maybe I should begin another thread?

bren21 wrote:
Hey Avalange....is there a website that you can purchase just the products without undergoing the procedure or can you only purchase from a salon that does this procedure? It sounds really interesting....

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
vivian1312

Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
Brazilian Blowout?I've never heard it.
My hair is very dry.I don't know that can I use its shampoo and conditoner?
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:29 am      Reply with quote
Hi, is there any way you can post the ingredients? Just wondering what's in it....since it's costly.

My hair can really use a good shampoo/conditioner so I can stop hair breakage and bad split ends.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
I did a diy Brazilian keratin treatment last week. My hair is thick and wavy and tends to frizz.

This stuff is amazing, my hair is now silky and smooth and still has some of the wave. I bought it off of ebay, I think it's called qod max.

A friend helped a bit with the back, but I basically did most of it myself.
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:59 am      Reply with quote
I see they sell the Brazilian Blowout shampoo on Ebay!! Why didn't I think of that before? I am going to have to give it a try Very Happy

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:59 am      Reply with quote
So I am really thinking of giving this Brazilian Blowout treatment a whirl...I do like my curly hair, but to try it straight for a few months would kind of be cool...
So does this really keep your hair straight for that long? I wonder what the after effects are if I decide not to do it again? I would hate for my curly hair to be gone forever....Avalange, what can you tell me about it?

Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:51 am      Reply with quote
never even heard of a brazillian blowout treatment let alone a shampoo. lol

sounds interesting though but too bad u can't buy it unless u own a salon.
lagomorph
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:32 am      Reply with quote
There's a lot more information on diy Brazilian
keratin treatments on the naturally curly girls forum.

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/forumdisplay.php?s=d7f754ca6539aa05a56756c12ca9b3fa&f=31

Also, search for "Brazilian keratin treatment" on youtube.
lagomorph
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:42 am      Reply with quote
Here's a before and after photo from someone who did there own treatment-

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=83324
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
I got the Brazillian Blowout late August and it lasted me at least 3 months. My hair is naturally wavy ,and it got totally strait plus silky.The only problem is it's so expensive. I did become addicted to the shampoo & conditioners. They're wonderful.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
I'm sooo addicted to the shampoo/conditioner! My hair has never been so shiny and healthy looking. and right before, it was looking pretty bad from using Enjoy products.
Interesting that people are doing DIY blowouts. I imagine you could buy the product and have a friend do it quite easily.
Do you think the blowout actually puts the hair in better condition overall? I'm considering letting my sister do it to me, but I already have pretty straight hair.

--avalange
c4ward wrote:
I got the Brazillian Blowout late August and it lasted me at least 3 months. My hair is naturally wavy ,and it got totally strait plus silky.The only problem is it's so expensive. I did become addicted to the shampoo & conditioners. They're wonderful.

avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hi bren,

Like I said, it was just a fluke that I used the products and loved them, I've never gotten the blowout. But it is all the rage in Los Angeles. A couple of my friends do it regularly now, and they claim that it is really expensive, but that as long as you use non-sulfate shampoos, your hair should stay straight and then gradually regain curl after about 3-4 months. You can wash it as much as you like, but like I said, if you use the wrong ingredients on your hair, it could be $$$ down the drain. But there's no problem, because the BB formulation of shampoo will impress you, I'm sure of it.

--avalange

bren21 wrote:
So I am really thinking of giving this Brazilian Blowout treatment a whirl...I do like my curly hair, but to try it straight for a few months would kind of be cool...
So does this really keep your hair straight for that long? I wonder what the after effects are if I decide not to do it again? I would hate for my curly hair to be gone forever....Avalange, what can you tell me about it?

ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
This is so cool.. .It's like a reverse perm!

Ok.. C4ward.... So you get the treatment... and then you wash your hair with the appropriate product... and then is it silky flat like it's been flat ironed regardless of how it's dried? Do you end up using your flat iron at all???

What do your "roots" look like over time?

And does anyone know what happens to the treatment if color is used between treatments???

AND FINALLY... what if you want curly hair for the day? Can you use a curling iron without ill effect?

Off to research but would love to hear more...

Thanks for posting!!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
I am interested also interested to know some of what Claudia is asking....will your hair hold a curl if you decide you want some curls for a night or so and use a curling iron after treatment?...and also about color...I am about to get my hair colored in a week or so and want to do this treatment...can I do the treatment after I color my hair?

I am really excited about it...I am thinking of doing it myself and have read a bit on other forums about DIY's....QOD seems to be the DIY of choice....

ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
The link that Avalange supplied has a pretty good FAQ...

http://www.brazilianblowout.com/FAQs

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:50 am      Reply with quote
It wasn't expensive at all for me because I did it at home. I got 3 ounces of the qod and a pretreatment shampoo for $30. That's enough for one treatment.

It's not hard to do at all. If you can use a flat iron you can do this. Seriously, if I can do it anyone can.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:52 am      Reply with quote
i don't know the answers to any of the questions asked about the process above, but i will ask my sister. but lagomorph, if what you say below is true, that's pretty awesome, because from what i understand this process goes for $400 and up in salons...

--avalange

lagomorph wrote:
It wasn't expensive at all for me because I did it at home. I got 3 ounces of the qod and a pretreatment shampoo for $30. That's enough for one treatment.

It's not hard to do at all. If you can use a flat iron you can do this. Seriously, if I can do it anyone can.

ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:10 am      Reply with quote
lagomorph... is that an e-bay purchase? Of this exact product? Or a similar product?

Thanks...

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:17 am      Reply with quote
Wow! $400 on up?? My budget is definitely telling me I'll be doing the DYI...I couldn't imagine repeating this process every 3 months for that amount of cash!!! Shock

Claudia, they do sell it on Ebay and that's where I would buy the QOD...hopefully it is the authentic product. But the FAQ was very helpful...thanks for posting it.

DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
When making your decision about doing this especially at home you may wish to read a bit more reguarding it's safety. 

http://newyork.timeout.com/articles/spas-sport/24773/scared-straight

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=269625

http://www.behindthechair.com/forum/displaythread.aspx?DID=8757

Quote:
I became certified in Annapolis, Maryland with the Peter Coppola Keratin Complex Treatment. Formaldehyde by any other name is still formaldehyde. Once heat is applied to any form of formaldehyde, what have you turned it into? A vaporous gas that needs to be extracted from the environment. As my caring owner told me, "You are not a good candidate for testing this product because you have a compromised system". So I went home after the class and research this product. I have found many ya and na's. Then I looked up the active ingredient "aldehyde" (formaldehyde). Only to be told, "it's like comparing oranges to orange juice (BKT vs Peter Coppola). While giving this treatment to a model, I experienced burning eyes, burning and running nose, burning throat. By the time I got home I was having full blown asthma attacks with deeeeep chest cough (bronchial problems). Yes, I am sensitive but have been in the business for 17 years doing the same work as everyone else. NEVER have I had this type of immediate problem due to exposure. I am sadden to think that manufactures/distributors are now treating use like consumers by way of not giving us the information we need to make informed decisions so we can help our clients make them also. SHAME ON THE INDUSTRY and us as hairstylist for allowing this to happen. One stylist even said, "if you can't prove it will kill me, then I am doing it. Let me inform all who read this RESPIRATORY PROBLEMS ARE NO JOKE AND ARE PERMANENT. Today I am quitting my job due to exposure.
thanks for reading
jerri 

HTH
DM

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
Darkmoon... YOU ROCK!!!

NEXT PRODUCT PLEASE!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
ClaudiaFE wrote:
Darkmoon... YOU ROCK!!!

NEXT PRODUCT PLEASE!!!

LMAO! Bring it on!
I just like to see informed consumers! Smile

DM

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
I was wondering why some of the e-bay products were coming up "formaldehyde free"

Yeah... don't want to go near the stuff... Let alone change it's composition by adding heat...

Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:39 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |