Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Most effective Anti-Aging item
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jedder
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:19 am      Reply with quote
We seem to have an abundance of anti aging gadgets, systems and creams. Luckily, more and more things are coming to market.
This thread is for people to say what has worked and to detail the benefits it has given them.
If you had to choose one item( ok maybe two Razz ) what would they be??
Leggy 61
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:54 am      Reply with quote
I would say for me Nudern by Obagi the retin A made all the difference in my skin.But it is not an over night thing.I did the full 18 weeks and had all the red dry wrinkle looking skin for a while and than my skin started to glow less creepy looking and thicker alot less wrinkles.I started the AALS in Jan 2010 and it as also helped can't wait to what happens after a full month.
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
Jedder - that is a really tough question - I am going away to mull it over and will come back with my top two.

Good topic!

PQ
Angel

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, this IS a good topic. Also a very tough question. I'm like PQ, going to give this one a bit of thought. ~ JJ

ETA: Off the top of my head, I would have to say that the quickest visible results on my skin were achieved by drybrushing my face and neck. Much, much thicker. I began facial exercises at the same time, so for me, the two go hand in hand.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:40 am      Reply with quote
It would have to be my hands Very Happy Strange choice I know, but I do FEs, massage, oil cleansing, dry brushing, and really the common element is using my hands on my skin. Getting to know my face, not being afraid of my skin, that's been the greatest thing for me since starting this self-care process. I developed rosacea in 2005 and looked like hell over night, and all the advice I ever got was "DON'T touch your face EVER" and I was in agony that I looked so awful. Now I'm very happy with myself and that's to do with not being afraid of my skin, so my hands win hands down in terms of things that work Very Happy
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:56 am      Reply with quote
whoops..mountainrose herbs would be for USA posters, i'm not sure where good quality, organic herbs can be prchased elsewhere (like the UK)..

but imo these 'anti-aging' pills won't do as much as many less expensive holistic alternatives

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:06 am      Reply with quote
oh no, i posted my above post in the wrong thread ..so much for trying to fit in too much posting in too lilttle time this morning!

meanwhile to answer the question in this thread...iwould have a variation on hawthorne's theme...

it's my body itself..and knowing how to activate it to have healthy vibrant face, skin, hair, muscles..through holistic means...like diet... and movement in general ie, exercise, massage, brushing, scraping (for face and body)..

and at age 64..with my whole adult life spent in holistic pursuits and practices..thru this forum...i am just truly beginning to understand what a marvel a body really is when activated

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
jjbeacham
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:14 am      Reply with quote
hawthorn wrote:
It would have to be my hands Very Happy Strange choice I know, but I do FEs, massage, oil cleansing, dry brushing, and really the common element is using my hands on my skin. Getting to know my face, not being afraid of my skin, that's been the greatest thing for me since starting this self-care process. I developed rosacea in 2005 and looked like hell over night, and all the advice I ever got was "DON'T touch your face EVER" and I was in agony that I looked so awful. Now I'm very happy with myself and that's to do with not being afraid of my skin, so my hands win hands down in terms of things that work Very Happy

Hawthorn, this is so true and I love the way you put it!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:15 am      Reply with quote
jasminerosey wrote:
oh no, i posted my above post in the wrong thread ..so much for trying to fit in too much posting in too lilttle time this morning!

meanwhile to answer the question in this thread...iwould have a variation on hawthorne's theme...

it's my body itself..and knowing how to activate it to have healthy vibrant face, skin, hair, muscles..through holistic means...like diet... and movement in general ie, exercise, massage, brushing, scraping (for face and body)..

and at age 64..with my whole adult life spent in holistic pursuits and practices..thru this forum...i am just truly beginning to understand what a marvel a body really is when activated

I love this post, too, jasminerosey. Activating the body is such a great way to put it! ~ JJ

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:55 am      Reply with quote
I agree! Jasminerosey - what is scraping?

The biggest tool in the shed that stands out for me is evaluation and change in my Nutritional choices and living that everyday!

Part of my educational background is in nutrition and I always *believed* I made good food choices but have realized I have a ways to go in the total realm of things.
I love all things healthy yet I've ramped it up a notch or three in the last year or so. Thanks to many here (Jasminerosey particularly).

Another thought (plea) for Jasminerosey - I wish you would begin a thread on your holistic approach - including dietary choices, recommendation for where to get certain things, etc. (I just stated spirulina and Chlorella and not even sure if I got the "good stuff").

Great thread. Thanks Jedder.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
WOW, this is a wonderful thread! Like other's have mentioned, I'm also mulling things over and trying to narrow it down to just '2' things that helped me in the anti aging arena...

For me the things that have given me noticeable improvement are those that work in synergy. That has been the case whether it be gadgets, topicals, nutrition and even things like facial massage...In other words for example, in order to get the best out of a gadget, a complimentary topical should be used, and also the skin should be prepared to receive the most benefit from treatment. (This would be the case for gadgets like; micro current, LED, microdermabrasion, ultrasound, and I'm sure many more.) Same goes for massage and facial exercise I think. If care isn't taken to use/find the topical that is beneficial to "your" skin condition, and God forbid you're in a hurry and left some bacteria lurking on your hands or face, then you will wind up with worse problems, and perhaps overlook entirely, the real reason for the failure... So the point is I can't pick just one *thing*, without including the whole *team* of things that make it work.

Okay, I'm getting carried away and going off the intent of this topic... I'll keep mulling it over and try to find the 2 common denominators that make it work for me.

I will leave you with one absolutely 100% positive + effective tool in my anti aging arsenal though, and that's my Blentec... Very Happy Veg/fruit smoothies every day, have made the most dramatic overall improvement to both my health and my skin... (I was sorely lacking in the nutrition department because of a hectic lifestyle, and smoothies were a quick, easy, tasty fix for me... (Thanks Toby!)

And I bet you guys thought I was going to pick the AALS.... Laughing

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:

I had money on AALS

Angel

x

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:

I had money on AALS

Angel

x

10-4 that!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
If you're talking about ANTI-AGING, then I'd have to say
RETIN A (aka: tretinoin, retonic acid, Tazorac, Renova, Avage, Retin A Micro).

This product is by far, the best money can buy for ANTI aging. There are lots of others out there that can help in that matter or even do a little reversal, but this one builds collegen (supported by many, many studies)

This is what Smartskincare says about it:
Quote:
Tretinoin produces multiple effects in the skin. It works by triggering molecular switches in skin cells called retinoid receptors. These switches affect many intracellular processes including cell growth and differentiation, synthesis of proteins (including collagen and elastin), sebum production, and possibly even the cell's lifespan clock (telomeres). Furthermore, tretinoin indirectly inhibits matrix metalloproteinases (MMP), the enzymes that break down collagen and elastin, the skin's key structural proteins. MMP become overactive as we age and contribute to wrinkles and sagging skin. Overall, the biochemical effects of tretinoin are numerous and only some are well researched.

Topical tretinoin and its analogs (collectively called retinoids) are among the very few substances whose anti-aging effects on the skin have been documented in many well-designed studies of varying duration. Topical tretinoin was found to reduce fine wrinkles and skin roughness, increase epidermal thickness and stimulate deposition of collagen. Typical strength of topical tretinoin creams is 0.025 - 0.1 percent. Side effects are not uncommon and include skin-irritation, dryness, peeling and sun sensitivity. With tretinoin, more is not necessarily better. Studies indicate that 0.025 percent tretinoin may be almost as effective as 0.05 or 0.1 percent, but with lower incidence of skin irritation. According to the studies, improvement on tretinoin may continue for up to a year of continued use.

Beyond that, I'd go with adding CPs to the mix along with an LED for your best bet.

I've been using a tretinoin (retinoid) product for the last 20 yrs or so and have often been mistaken for someone 15 years younger. That didn't start happening until I added CPs to the mix, tho.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
photoqueen wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:

I had money on AALS

Angel

x

10-4 that!

I would've doubled down on that bet!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
I'm loving what everyone has said on this thread.

Sister, thanks, I'm seriously considering your suggestion for a new thread...just need a bit more time to make adjustments in my life timewise to be able to effectively do so. (I believe you've said on another thread that you've ordered your spirulina and chlorella from Lucky Vitamin..their Pure Planet spirulina and Nutrex spirulina are the best imo (another great brand is Healthforce..but it's not carried by Lucky Vitamin and is more expensive..really the kilo of Pure Planet spirulina is a great buy..and a great product.. at Lucky Vitamin ...but it's fine if you ordered another brand this time....for chlorella I order bulk by the pound at MountainRose Herbs...best quality for the price...but the important thing is that you're following your intution about your health)

photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
sister sweets wrote:
photoqueen wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:

I had money on AALS

Angel

x

10-4 that!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
Sister,

scraping is a Japanese and Korean (and Chinese maybe..i'm not sure about that) technique for massage....using a scraping device..i am absolutely a novice with this..but like the concept so much. Critic has some links in her original bone exercise thread...I can pm you some of them tomorrow if you'd like.

JJ,

i just looked at your 'byline' and realized you are maggiemay from Ageless..how much fun to have you here... i had no idea you were the same person!

(and Hawthorne, I've so enjoyed your presence here as much as i have on Ageless)

cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
Ack! I can't narrow it down to 2...how about just 3 then Smile

* Raw food diet with high greens (1.5+ lbs), high fruit, low fat (but the goodies: avocado, flax, and chia seeds). Closest to the 80-10-10 diet by Dr. Doug Graham, but a little looser, including with more greens and a smigden more fat.

* Facial exercise (mostly FlexEffect, but also some others)

* Massage, especially lymphatic drainage massage, NLL, and cupping-type massages

I just can't escape the fact that roughly 80% of my skin's health always seems to be due to lifestyle choices and healthy habits like the ones above, not topicals. But I guess that's a good thing... Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
jasminerosey wrote:
Sister,

JJ,

i just looked at your 'byline' and realized you are maggiemay from Ageless..how much fun to have you here... i had no idea you were the same person!

Hi, jasminerosey! Yes, it's me. Very Happy I tried to change my username (Maggie is my kitty), but couldn't, so put it at the bottom. I've actually belonged to EDS longer than I have to the Ageless Forum, but didn't have much time to post when I first joined. I really enjoy both. It's great to read your posts here; you have such wisdom to impart. I too look forward to a thread by you! And I too adore our Hawthorn. Big hug, sweet ~ JJ/Mags Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
foxe wrote:
sister sweets wrote:
photoqueen wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:

I had money on AALS

Angel

x

10-4 that!

That's hilarious!

You guys should all know me well enough by now to know I am honest to a fault... Laughing With that in mind, I'm honestly 'pondering' my top 2 as "jedder" requested, and just not sure AALS fits into the top 2 at this point in time... Why you say?.. Glad you asked! At this point in time (after 28 months of use), I'd say I've hit a plateau lately.. With that said though, I would also have to admit that I've been too busy to use it more than once a week on average, since November... I'd also have to admit, (if I'm being perfectly honest), that at 60, it will take a lot more than something that plugs in the wall, to keep me one step ahead of the dreaded aging process... Embarassed

So to sum it up; I love my LED's and won't stop using them, but at this point in time, they won't turn the hands of time back on their own... (Wish I found EDS and LED's when I was a youngin of 40 though!)

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
hawthorn
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
Loving your presence here too Jasminrosey Very Happy xxx
jasminerosey wrote:
Sister,

scraping is a Japanese and Korean (and Chinese maybe..i'm not sure about that) technique for massage....using a scraping device..i am absolutely a novice with this..but like the concept so much. Critic has some links in her original bone exercise thread...I can pm you some of them tomorrow if you'd like.

JJ,

(and Hawthorne, I've so enjoyed your presence here as much as i have on Ageless)

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
Big hug to you lassie XXXX
jjbeacham wrote:
jasminerosey wrote:
Sister,

JJ,

Hi, jasminerosey! Yes, it's me. Very Happy I tried to change my username (Maggie is my kitty), but couldn't, so put it at the bottom. I've actually belonged to EDS longer than I have to the Ageless Forum, but didn't have much time to post when I first joined. I really enjoy both. It's great to read your posts here; you have such wisdom to impart. I too look forward to a thread by you! And I too adore our Hawthorn. Big hug, sweet ~ JJ/Mags Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
Thats easy...BOTOX!
jjbeacham
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
Thats easy...BOTOX!

lmao!!!! Laughing That just tickles me.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |