Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

The New Edition of FlexEffect is Here!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:56 am      Reply with quote
I for one really appreciate Kassy's honest feedback (whether positive or negative) and she has shared some photos of herself when she has had some disasters like the STOP. Thats what the forum is for. I too posted a little while back about something that gave me negative results, and when you do, you're kind of attacked for it. Having said that, I don't believe there is a one size shoe fits all category in any element of life - so why should skincare be different?
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
The sunken gaunt look seems to generally be a "stage" that many people go through. I find it usually happens to people whose face has... umm... gone a little south and they are now in a corrective mode, as opposed to a prevention mode.

As we age our muscles become slack, and atrophy. The Buccs, have a tendancy to first DRAW IN when they are worked, creating that gaunt look.... What needs to happen next is BUILD... How long this takes really depends on a person's DNA. (You know how some guys can't develop BIG legs NO MATTER WHAT??? That's DNA, not exercises... The lack of, or even the wrong ones. Any build for these guys will come from painstaking effort, constant evaluation and routine tweaking...)

If the buccs are a hard muscle for you to build, it can take a LONG time to gain the improvement desired. If you're lucky and they build easily, they can fill out more quickly.

THIS IS GENERIC: You can focus solely on the Buc, or you can hit all the muscles that build/enhance the cheeks... Palpebral, Quadratus Labii Sup, Caput Infra-Orbital, Caput Zygomaticum, Zygomaticus, Caninus, Masseter and Risorius. Take a look at the program you are currently using and perhaps try the exrecises that target these areas. Pay attn to where you feel the work and whether or not you feel the work in areas that should lend to an improved aesthetic.

evrluv wrote:
The new edition Flexeffect sounds exciting. I'm thinking about ordering it, but I have some concerns and questions that maybe someone here can answer. I've been doing another face ex program for a year now. I started after suddenly noticing sagging in the lower face area after a very stressful period in my life. I admit, I have a way to go, I'm 55 by the way, but I've definitely seen improvement. It's not huge, but there has been some lifting and softening of the ml's. The problem is, the program I'm doing doesn't address building out the lower face and it's become sunken and gaunt looking, which I don't like at all. Do you think Flexeffect can help with this or will it make it worse?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
Well Kassy's review sent me over the edge and I just placed my order. Smile I am also a visual learner so I am hoping I'll be able to follow along with the dvd.
Bella1

Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
The cover is in color but someone said that the book's contents (photos, drawings..) are in black and white, right?

In the DVD part of the exercises are taught the different practices of massage?

Best regards,
Bella1
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, the cover is color (as pictured), the book content is black and white...

The DVD DOES NOT cover the advanced neck training or the Basic FE massage... It does cover all the other exercises, jolting, cross stretching, and pressure massage.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy gave really good review. I want to add that DVD has nice cross-reference to the book exercises. Prior to each exercise a corresponding picture from the book is shown on the screen which makes it easy to follow. Audria is very-very pretty Smile
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
LondonLucyGeorge wrote:

LOL I know I have seen people posting questions re CS and Claudia has done her best to respond to them, so I kind of think that your annoyed with the wrong person. Surely if people ask the question, then its not Claudia's fault re posting dates etc.

LOL..Really???? .. Laughing Laughing (Was your post supposed to be in support of Claudia?? Shock )

I see that you are very new here so maybe you are not yet totally familiar with the forum rules...the moderators say no customer service posts...period...so yes, of course, a seller is at fault if he/she chooses to post them. The rules aren't a la carte, and we are all responsible for our own actions here. Rolling Eyes

Claudia has graciously posted that she will be properly referring CS posts to FE CS, which is greatly appreciated.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know all of the forum rules either. It's been a long while since I read through them. Embarassed I don't think any of us would purposefully break them.

Time to give them another look.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
happygolucky wrote:
... also - why not post a new pic of deb so that we can see BEFORE we buy? ...

happygolucky - there are Deb's photos including one from the new DVD posted on FlexEffect web site:
http://flexeffect.com/debpic.htm

There are many other before and after photos as well.

Gosh, Deb has the most incredibly shaped cheekbones and I personally think she has gotten prettier and prettier over the years. Her eye area is so firm and lifted as well. In the closeup, you can tell how even and refined her skin texture is as well. Anyone even tries to take such a close-up of me and I am running for the hills...

I always wonder if someone, like the actress Jaclyn Smith, who has aged beautifully and seemingly naturally (as in, no sign of that alien look that comes with alot of the enhancement surgeries) uses facial exercise to prevent aging. Deb reminds me of someone like her, or vice versa.

My finger is hovering over the 'buy' button....
evrluv
5% products discount

Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
ClaudiaFE wrote:
The sunken gaunt look seems to generally be a "stage" that many people go through. I find it usually happens to people whose face has... umm... gone a little south and they are now in a corrective mode, as opposed to a prevention mode.

As we age our muscles become slack, and atrophy. The Buccs, have a tendancy to first DRAW IN when they are worked, creating that gaunt look.... What needs to happen next is BUILD... How long this takes really depends on a person's DNA. (You know how some guys can't develop BIG legs NO MATTER WHAT??? That's DNA, not exercises... The lack of, or even the wrong ones. Any build for these guys will come from painstaking effort, constant evaluation and routine tweaking...)

If the buccs are a hard muscle for you to build, it can take a LONG time to gain the improvement desired. If you're lucky and they build easily, they can fill out more quickly.

THIS IS GENERIC: You can focus solely on the Buc, or you can hit all the muscles that build/enhance the cheeks... Palpebral, Quadratus Labii Sup, Caput Infra-Orbital, Caput Zygomaticum, Zygomaticus, Caninus, Masseter and Risorius. Take a look at the program you are currently using and perhaps try the exrecises that target these areas. Pay attn to where you feel the work and whether or not you feel the work in areas that should lend to an improved aesthetic.

evrluv wrote:
The new edition Flexeffect sounds exciting. I'm thinking about ordering it, but I have some concerns and questions that maybe someone here can answer. I've been doing another face ex program for a year now. I started after suddenly noticing sagging in the lower face area after a very stressful period in my life. I admit, I have a way to go, I'm 55 by the way, but I've definitely seen improvement. It's not huge, but there has been some lifting and softening of the ml's. The problem is, the program I'm doing doesn't address building out the lower face and it's become sunken and gaunt looking, which I don't like at all. Do you think Flexeffect can help with this or will it make it worse?

Claudia, Thanks for addressing my concern and for the good advice. The program I'm doing (Ageless) only offers one exercise for the buccs and I quit doing that exercise 7 months ago because it was pulling my face inward creating hollows. Unfortuneatly the hollowness in my lower face is still there. Maybe I need a program that includes more exercises overall for the lower face area to build it out. I'm no expert, but I think it's worth a try. If it gets worse, I can always quit. I'm pretty sure at this point that I'm going to purchase the new Flexeffect edition and give it a try.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:05 am      Reply with quote
Actually although they may provide explanations to the people who posted the actual posts, I find it frustrating at times, as there is no message in the threads from the mods to say such an action has been carried out. I raised this before, and don't know where I can raise it again - but surely if the mods are called to step in and moderate or alter a posting, they could at least type something in the message to alert people that this has been done.

I remember before frequent accusations were made on other threads, and one of the posters had made accusations against another, and the thread was removed for a while, but the replaced and had obviously been edited in places but there was no distinction where. Also what was reallying annoying was that none of the comments made were really tackled by the mods - so we never got to know whether there was actually any selling going on in PMs or on the threads.

I'm all for the mods actually, and they do a superb job on all accounts but thats my one gripe that I would really like to see implemented. If there are rules with selling or providing answers to questions about product delivery dates, then would it really be such a big deal for one of them to respond to a thread saying that kind of info or answering such a question is off limits so we all are in the know?

Theresa
brenpatsa wrote:
sister sweets wrote:
I don't know all of the forum rules either. It's been a long while since I read through them. Embarassed I don't think any of us would purposefully break them.

Time to give them another look.

I bet the sellers have come to know them well as my understanding is that mods provide explanations when they zap posts.....
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:12 am      Reply with quote
Deleted for a correction.. back in a minute..

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:15 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
I find it frustrating at times, as there is no message in the threads from the mods to say such an action has been carried out.

Agree. There are two other forums where I post -- one for local news, one for soccer -- when the mods feel the need to edit or excise part/all of a post, they leave a brief note of explanation. That way, people can figure out where the boundaries lie.

By simply making posts disappear, the mods miss a valuable teaching opportunity. Just deleting a post may seem quicker at the time, but long-term the mods have more work because posters aren't learning from the mistakes of others, and face it, who remembers the rules?
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:22 am      Reply with quote
Perhaps the mods can remove all the unrelated topic within this thread... it's a swimming pool of Rule breaking lessons... mostly by example!

But until then... Havana did add a mention after it was requested that she deleted the shipping info I had posted.

However, yes, it is worth brushing up on THE RULES... as it talks about going way off topic as all of this has...how if you have a beef with a post, report it and don't comment as it creates more work for Havana to delete it all...

So here you go...

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/terms.php

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:29 am      Reply with quote
Ok...

So you want New Pictures of Deb?

How about a video? This is the intro from the DVD. You will also quickly meet Audrea, my little sister. And you will get ONE sample exercise...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqtgabbpWQc

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:52 am      Reply with quote
Claudia thank you so much for posting this. I think Deb looks wonderful - no way I would guess her at 60+ and Audrea is also a pretty girl too. I want her eye area for sure. She looks younger than me. I love her long hair too! This is a wonderful treat for us, especially if you were on the fence about purchasing it. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! Laughing
Swissmom
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
Claudia, thank you so much for posting that video! Deb looks absolutely gorgeous. One would never guess she was in her early 60's! She looks very natural. And your sister looks like a young woman in her early 20's! She is also gorgeous like her mom. Now I am very glad to have purchased this and I can't wait to get started.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
Claudia I wish you were on the video also. Deb is a stunning example of the power of facial exercising. You girls are very fortunate to have started facial exercising at such young ages.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
LOL Sister... We tried... but I have twins with a VERY busy Schedule... recording was squeezed into my sister's schedule as it was... getting all 3 of us together pretty much happens on Thanksgiving and Christmas...

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
Clauda!! Very Happy The video is AWESOME, and I can tell already that I am going to have to buy this new version!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
ATester you did get the discount. The price goes up soon.
I know Claudia can't talk about this but as was just mentioned the product just shipped about a week ago so you can expect to receive yours this week. I hope it meets your expectations. Please let us know how you like it. Thanks Smile

I know now, in fact I think I posted my figures in 'euros'? When I meant dollars... Spoken over it with Claudia in private messages, which we got on well, don't get me wrong, felt yelled at to begin with, then not at all, therefore my first previous public message,... I mixed euros with U.S. dollars... plus delivery estimated times as well, still expecting to receive! And I'm more than sure it will meet my expectations!
Still waiting though! Mad

I'll let you know immediately! Laughing
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:34 pm      Reply with quote
I posted this on the before and after pictures thread but it also needs to go here. Wink
Hm...pictures before and after....
Well when I started investigating facial exercises in 2007 I came here and asked questions...there wasn't alot of response at that time. I ventured to several places but ended up at Flexeffect because of some photos that impressed me. They were photos of this one. Her pictures were posted on the website and she spent a great deal of time posting pictures in the workshop forum that is only for users of the Flexeffect program. There is a general forum that Flexeffect has that she posted her pictures in as well. She wasn't using any skincare devices and very limited use of creams, the results came from flexeffect exercising. With her permission I am posting them here.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:36 pm      Reply with quote
More Pictures of using the Flexeffect program
Working on problem areas with this progress on the neck.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:13 am      Reply with quote
Toby do you know if she was focusing on all the advanced neck exercises to get this result? I don't do these and am starting to think that might be the next step. There is a new trainer at FE - Pat and she said she does some of the advanced neck on a fitness ball. This really made sense to me.

Thanks for sharing her pics and thanks to her too. Maybe she'll jump in here at some point and give us her routine Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:58 am      Reply with quote
Sister... The Neck exercises are a must... they address not only the appearance of the skin (sag and such) but your posture. Improved posture makes a huge diff. as well... (when you think old lady... how does she hold her head, neck... HUNCHED???)

I thought the ball was a wickedly awesome Idea too! It will really help open up the chest (stretching)

I know it's an extreme but go look at MEN's body building magazines. Where they OVERDO the neck... see if you can identify sag... that's all muscle baby!

Keep it toned dowd (from the men's perspective) and maintain grace... Like a ballet dancer...

Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:03 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |