Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

The New Edition of FlexEffect is Here!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:49 am      Reply with quote
i just ordered mine yesterday..i'm especially intersted in the bone massage/cross stretching..

i'm also beginning the Tian Yong Rejuvenation program today ( it's a special acupressure technique for the face) so i'm hoping by the time i receive the FE package i'll have a sense of what the TY program is doing before i incorporate the new FE techniques.

Brenpatsa,
have you tried the Tanaka massage..it's great for slimming the face (too much so for me..so i've had to be intuitve about when to use it..and which techinques from the whole massage to incorporate into my routine)...but it seems like it may well compliment the FE techniques.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:09 am      Reply with quote
I'm guessing it must compliment the FE system as it was recommended to me by one of their trainers - but have to say I haven't practiced it sufficiently yet but got my kit the other day and am loving this sooo much. The book is so detailed, and the dvd is awesome in my opinion. I'm a visual learner too so its wonderful to have that option finally, and Deb looks terrific (although her hair is a little crazy like mine - which is a comfort).

I've not done it to the cd yet, and I'm kinda afraid of spoiling my log book. Claudia will there be options of buying additional ones when these get filled up?

Theresa
jasminerosey wrote:
...but it seems like it may well compliment the FE techniques.
LondonLucyGeorge
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:15 am      Reply with quote
Mine came this morning, and I did the exercises along with Audrea, and it was so much fun. I love her to bits and her faces and expressions are really entertaining, but its so reassuring to be able to see the exercises in their entirety. I was doing some of the older ones completely wrong (what a numpty I am). I did watch Deb with the Pressure Reps, Jolting and Cross Stretching - but didn't see any massage, but love the idea that the Cross Stretching will effect the skin and the book was way scientific about it which I love. Not that I understand it all mind you, but its great to have that knowledge and I think her stuff with the Pressure Reps on the bone to me is way more detailed and looks to really work on the bone more than when I was doing Tanaka (even with the English translation). I'm going to order me some of that supplement she suggests for bone, love the idea of it strengthening my nails too. Audrea and Deb both have pretty nails and I'm wondering if its because they use their fingers in the exercises.

I thought her hair looked great though! I love it as well when she joked about getting a saying right!

I'm giving it a massive 10/10 for sure. Its great!

Lucy
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
jasminerosey wrote:
Brenpatsa,
have you tried the Tanaka massage..it's great for slimming the face (too much so for me..so i've had to be intuitve about when to use it..and which techinques from the whole massage to incorporate into my routine)...but it seems like it may well compliment the FE techniques.

Thanks for the reminder on this...I did the Tanaka massage a few times but broke out in the N/L area so I backed off and never tried again. While I am waiting for my FE program to arrive,this might be a good time to try it again to see if my breakouts were related or just one of my many mid-life hormonal joys. Laughing
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
Hey... I don't think you can go wrong with adding any sort of massage to your facial routine.

Regarding Tanaka... the best I can tell, it's supposed to be lympahtic in nature. Common sense tells me this would help in detoxing (which might be reason for some breakouts), but really for getting the fluid that has a tendancy to settle and make you look swollen to move along.

I generally refer to Sean with regards to the things like Lymph massage as he's studied a variety of styles... and I just have a sense of what they can accomplish...

Seems reasonable to be able to buy the training log seperate... I'm sure that will be around at some point...

RE CRAZY HAIR... I LOVE IT! Audrea tends to have the more "perfect" hair. She's one of those that can walk into a salon and talk the person through exactly what she wants and knows how it will compliment her face.. Deb and I have a bit more textured hair (read, GRAY...GRAY...GRAY... Thank GOD for color!)

I'm a total wash and wear kind of girl... styling is for people with time...LOL! I think the last picture I posted had me in an up-do clipped... yeah, that took a minute! Wearing a pony right now!

Bren... if you're breaking out from the face handling... (and it's not a detox of sorts), you need to be super cautious with regard to washing BEFORE you work your face, and AFTER! It can be gentle... but you will have your hands in you mouth at times...no need to stress your skin with extra bacteria!

Catch you all later!!!

5% products discount

Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:43 am      Reply with quote
I got my package today and went straight to reading the manual.

I have never heard of Flexeffect before until I came upon EDS. Facial exercise makes sense to me as it tones up the muscles. But flexeffect looks that it takes facial exercise to different levels altogether. It seems pretty intensive and for a beginner I am feeling overwhelmed with all the information that I have.

I'm heading straight to the DVD as I think I may have gotten information overload after flicking through the manual. Anyway the manual's instructions and the literature are very thorough.

ClaudiaFE I didn't know that you were Deb's daughter until reading your name in the manual! I just didnt register that even after reading through the posts in this thread.

Glad to know that you're here on EDS.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:54 am      Reply with quote
Garbath, head over to the forum and get advise from Claudia/The Trainers..... as I think it contains a lot of information that even I got slightly over whelmed with... but they are really helpful to me and really make it easy to understand (plus its great to get your questions answered!).

I think the Bone and Skin stuff is advanced things that they suggest doing once you master the resistance exercises... but you don't have to do all 50 of them, its only 30 you do. I got scarred thinking I needed to do them all and that it would take me an hour, but then Cathy explained to me that you only need to do 30 of the exercises and then you can either do it with the cd or dvd (and cd has one at 12 mins and one at 20+ mins).

Theresa

garbath wrote:
I got my package today and went straight to reading the manual.

I have never heard of Flexeffect before until I came upon EDS. Facial exercise makes sense to me as it tones up the muscles. But flexeffect looks that it takes facial exercise to different levels altogether. It seems pretty intensive and for a beginner I am feeling overwhelmed with all the information that I have.

I'm heading straight to the DVD as I think I may have gotten information overload after flicking through the manual. Anyway the manual's instructions and the literature are very thorough.

ClaudiaFE I didn't know that you were Deb's daughter until reading your name in the manual! I just didnt register that even after reading through the posts in this thread.

Glad to know that you're here on EDS.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:43 am      Reply with quote
I agree with TheresaMary....getting information at the Flexeffect forum will help you begin your program without getting overwhelmed. It is important to remember that Flexeffect is a comprehensive program that you don't just jump into...also you will have questions and those will be addressed promptly on the forum from skilled trainers. I wouldn't have made it for my first two years without the daily support of the forum. I needed reassurance,instruction, and motivation which the forum provided. Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:49 am      Reply with quote
We've really taken what we think is the next logical step... and that is to give you ALL the information...

We no longer consider ourselves a "program"... More like a tool box... Think of FlexEffect and your Livingroom as your gym... you walk in, you have all the tools you need. What are you going to do today... That's why the training log. EXACTLY as a serious trainer in a gym keeps. And just as the gym, you would not use EVERY single tool available to you in one session... You plan it out. Evaluate... do over... Make sure you ask your questions... we are quite pleased to help you out and guide you as best as possible...

5% products discount

Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:57 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary, Toby and ClaudiaFE,

Thanks for your help!

I most certainly will be registering on their forum.

I'm 28 years old, have got some pretty stressful work and I've got a small and oval face. I know if I don't work on my face now it will be thin and gaunt- looking in the next 2-5 years. I don't have an ounce of fat on it and I almost always look tired.

I want to have those chipmunk cheeks!
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
The good news: I received my new FE program two days from when I ordered it. Unbelievably fast!

The bad news: It arrived on a Saturday when my dh was home (let's just say he is not yet aware of the investment he just made in my future appearance. Wink ). Decided to wait until he went to bed to rip into the package. Hey, don't judge me.

More bad news: After waiting until after dh FINALLY went to bed last night (those darn Olympics Confused ) so I could open my package in privacy, I discovered that my manual's cover arrived with three tears in the binding and a badly bent corner. Darn.

More good news: Dan from Customer Service works on Sundays and is fixing me up!

The best good news: The information in the manual looks awesome and is more than I could ever imagine needing (and that is saying alot as I tend to be an info-junky.)

I haven't watched the DVD yet as I didn't want to open the sealed DVD area inside the front cover until I heard back from Customer Service but now I have, so it's a go. (and dh decided to go to the gym this afternoon! Yahoo!)
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
yeah, the cover of my book also had some scuff marks and a couple bent page and/or black marks on a couple pages...it's not that bad, so it's not enough to return the book for a replacement, and I'm not sure if the issue is USPS or the book binding company (it looked like it might be both), but just wanted to let you know, Claudia, since it looks like I wasn't the only one with this issue and I'm sure you'd want to know to keep a record of such things Smile

haven't gone through the new material yet...but will report back when i do Smile just overwhelmed with work right now.... so only able to post very briefly.... Sad

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
Finally got my package as well. Lots to delve into -- this is not a minor upgrade. Congrats to Deb, Claudia and Audrea for really upping the ante.

Preliminary impressions...

First off, Deb looks fab. A naturally beautiful woman who has aged amazingly well. A real testament to her program. I don't think anyone could accuse her of going about it artificially. She looks REAL. Audrea is gorge, too.

Really glad that all of the exercises were covered. I'm surprised that I've been doing the second edition pretty much just as Audrea demonstrated (some people realized they'd be doing ex's wrong). HOWEVER, for some of them I've been using way more resistance than Audrea demos (at least it looks that way). Especially, for the zyg major, minor, caput infra orb and buccinator. Hmmm perhaps why cheek hollows have been such a bugaboo for me!

Noticed too that some of the exercises seem a bit more streamlined.

Super excited about the bone element. Never got into Tanaka because I couldn't understand it -- too many interpretations.

Anyway, really excited about building a little program for myself.

VG Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
Bren... glad that Dan is taking care of you...

CM... thanks... YES, we want to know of damage of any degree...

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
I received my copy today so I will be busy reading and watching the video before I begin.

My copy arrived OK but I can see why some of you are receiving damaged copies if they were received in a priority mail envelope like mine. There is a lot of movement going on inside of the envelope and I don't think the postal employees are handling these with care. If anything maybe the sender could wrap the 2 books together in brown paper or bubble wrap. Just my two cents.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the mailing input... we will be taking new measures... You all are awesome for sharing!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
LondonLucyGeorge wrote:
Mine came this morning, and I did the exercises along with Audrea, and it was so much fun. I love her to bits and her faces and expressions are really entertaining, but its so reassuring to be able to see the exercises in their entirety. I was doing some of the older ones completely wrong (what a numpty I am). I did watch Deb with the Pressure Reps, Jolting and Cross Stretching - but didn't see any massage, but love the idea that the Cross Stretching will effect the skin and the book was way scientific about it which I love. Not that I understand it all mind you, but its great to have that knowledge and I think her stuff with the Pressure Reps on the bone to me is way more detailed and looks to really work on the bone more than when I was doing Tanaka (even with the English translation). I'm going to order me some of that supplement she suggests for bone, love the idea of it strengthening my nails too. Audrea and Deb both have pretty nails and I'm wondering if its because they use their fingers in the exercises.

I thought her hair looked great though! I love it as well when she joked about getting a saying right!

I'm giving it a massive 10/10 for sure. Its great!

Lucy

This is a great thumbs up. I hope you guys will fill us in on what you think of the cross-stretching and bone massage techniques after you do them for a period of time.

It sounds like Audrea does a good job with the demo. She must be a chip off the old block... Very Happy

5% products discount

Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:52 pm      Reply with quote
I'm so excited!! I finally ordered the new 3rd edition of FlexEffect this evening. I've been doing Ageless if You Dare for a year now, which I love, and will continue to do. But, I'm now ready to add some Flexeffect "moves" into my routine.WOOHOO!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:27 pm      Reply with quote
evrluv wrote:
I'm so excited!! I finally ordered the new 3rd edition of FlexEffect this evening. I've been doing Ageless if You Dare for a year now, which I love, and will continue to do. But, I'm now ready to add some Flexeffect "moves" into my routine.WOOHOO!

Hi evrluv - You WILL love having Flex Effect. I have both programs and FE is the central part of my facial building program. I like Ageless because I can throw in an exercise or two or do a sequence in no time and feel I've worked my face but when you do the FE program you know you "Got Er Done". It's like going to the gym and putting in a good hour of work compared to a brisk walk around the block a few times. Both are good but one feels like you've accomplished so much more. I think you will see continued results and an overall conditioning of the face once you incorporate the FE into your facial exercise regime. Good luck and PLEASE let us know what you think.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
Just popping in for a quick post before heading back to take care of Mamabear. (Nobody gives chemo like Nurse Ratchett dontcha know..) If anyone can spare a prayer, it's most appreciated... Pray

Not sure if it's increased circulation from a new serum I'm trying, or if it's the 'cross stretching' from FE, but whatever it is my malar bags are shrinking... Shock It could very possibly be both things helping.

When I 1st saw/read about the 'cross stretching' I thought, "yeah right, what the hell can that do"... So glad I was wrong. It's proving to be a powerhouse in the circulation department.

Not sure if anybody else has noticed this, but when I do this and reach the bottom of my neck (where the lines/rings would be), I swear to God this technique is peeling away the dryer skin there. That is the only place I have any dryness, and the last place left with a bit of rougher texture.. I am actually seeing the dead skin flakes on my fingers, and can feel it peeling away.

I know it's recommended to do it on dry skin, but I seldom do exactly what I'm told.. For me a few drops of quickly penetrating Macadamia + Grapeseed oils applied prior, have worked wonderfully. No greasy feel at all, quickly penetrates, and just makes the experience much more pleasant for me.

Hope everyone is enjoying this wonderful new edition!

K

ETA: Haven't been able to do anything other than cross stretching and a bit of massage every few days. No exercises for now.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy... many prayers sent your way...

Hugs...

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
Blessings and prayaers to you and Mom. xo

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:

Not sure if it's increased circulation from a new serum I'm trying, or if it's the 'cross stretching' from FE, but whatever it is my malar bags are shrinking... Shock It could very possibly be both things helping.

When I 1st saw/read about the 'cross stretching' I thought, "yeah right, what the hell can that do"... So glad I was wrong. It's proving to be a powerhouse in the circulation department.

Not sure if anybody else has noticed this, but when I do this and reach the bottom of my neck (where the lines/rings would be), I swear to God this technique is peeling away the dryer skin there. That is the only place I have any dryness, and the last place left with a bit of rougher texture.. I am actually seeing the dead skin flakes on my fingers, and can feel it peeling away.

Whoa....so interesting!! I had really dry skin on my face about 1.5 weeks ago, for about one week. I'd never had anything like it--it was so bizarre and it only appeared on my face and it was flaky a lot, which never happens. But this week, my skin looks great and moisturized, as if nothing else happened...so bizarre! Claudia, could this be explained by the cross-stretching? Does it promote skin remodeling like this, where the less healthy cells dry up and slough off? If so, should we expect a period of adjustment like this?

Kassy, sending prayers and good vibes your way. Hugs Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
Yees. Very Interesting. I can't wait to try cross-stretching. I'm off all next week and plan on making it a week long spa retreat at my house Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
I am still in the "just reading phase". Haven't even looked at the video yet. Sad

Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:25 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |