Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
The New Edition of FlexEffect is Here!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:11 pm      Reply with quote
The thing I've noticed with cross stretching is that my skin does act a bit faster. I suspect it's all the handling of the face. Stimulation of the tissues... better blood flow etc.

So, for example I tend to get congested around my nose. When I stretch the skin, I do notice that it clears easier later. (instead of NEEDING the extraction tool to clear pores, I can run my finger (nail) up my nose, and everything just pops out. How elegant!

I also notice that I can start with a "dry" face, and by the time I'm done cross stretching, and massaging, I've def. stimulated some oil production. So perhaps you are stimulating your natural exfoliation... and some oil production. Take notes. It will be interesting to note how you respond to everything...

FRODO... watch the DVD. It will shorten your reading time (at least with regard to HOW TO)

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:27 am      Reply with quote
ClaudiaFE wrote:
Hi all...

Well, the one thing I can count on is that people will point out all of errors on our web pages.

Our long standing 30 day $$ back guarantee still stands (with the exception of close out items). More corrections are in the que... Thank you!

Meloni... since you're new here, I'm assuming with only 2 posts, I'm sure you're not aware of who here is ACTUALLY associated with Flexeffect... meaning anyone that is a business partner in any capacity. Many get confused thinking that those that are trained in our program (and often in many other programs as well) are somehow here to sell it. Even those that are just very passionate about it are getting accused of this.

Regardless, that would be just me (the only FlexEffect business partner on EDS)... Which I try to make clear in my signature. Others here certainly can not answer for us with regards to the ins and outs of our business practices.

To everyone else... although I love to participate in the many fun conversations around here... Especially anything to do with nutrition and such, you'll be seeing less and less of me here... Things are going to get crazy busy once we ship... I've got to get ready to answer content questions soon!

If you all need some help over here... and I haven't already popped in... Someone "come and get me..."

I'll do my best to assist you with what I can...

Claudia,

Have we seen your pic yet?
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:35 am      Reply with quote
HI Inky... I posted a while back...They are on my forum. "Claudia age 35"... It's the same drill...

Yeah... you look good for your age. It's probably the lighting, my special DNA (LOL).. blah...blah...blah...

I've got a lot of work and home related projects right now... Current photos are in the que... But they've never been considered a top priority because of my age. However, as 40 is seriously approaching (I'll be 39 in May)... I suspect they will be of more interest to people then... and we'll work on putting together a progressive serious from my younger years. It's so weird for me that I'm pushin' 40. I was certain I turned 30 just a year or so ago...

For current pics, I'm sorry, you'll have to wait a bit... It's on the list...

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
I really can´t read through all the posts but can
someone tell me if one can do these exercises
while having fillers and botox on the face without the risk of absorption?
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
I've only talked with a handful of people that have had fillers/botox and done our exercises.

Some feel that their fillers don't last as long. I can't recall that anyone had them migrate. Although it seems entirely possible.

Obviously, you can't engage a botoxed muscle. Googling around I've found several statements on Derm and PS sites that state not to massage the areas as you may cause the product to disperse. Not sure if that could negatively impact surrounding tissue. I sure wouldn't want Botox to seep into my eye lid for example... Is that possible??? Without direct needle placement??? Not sure...

That probably doesn't help so much.

Are you botoxed because of chronic facial expressions 'causing say 11's or horizontal lines across the forehead? Or down turned lips that are being yanked by strong muscles?

Although this is not a desirable fix (IN MY OPINION), I can see how atrophying a dominating muscle for a while, and then approaching the muscles later for some build (as a flat atrophied forehead is going to look old even if it's wrinkle free after a while) might make major improvements.

Perhaps look into the SAFETOX that is discussed on another thread. It really seems like a brilliant idea for muscles that tenaciously dominate the facial structures (the constant frowner or squinter as an example)... I would liken it to deep tissue work (manual or electricle) followed by appropriate muscle building (balancing) exercises for a strained back, neck or hips as an example.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Claudia,
I have no problem with my forehead, my main problem is my crow feet (botox works wonders for this) and my gaunt face.
I want to build some muscles on my jaw and I am tired of spending money on botox and fillers to my nasolabial folds.
It is getting expensive now. This will be my second round in 2 years and I don´t think I want to keep it up, botox lasts me only a couple of months for some reason.
I just had it a month ago and it looks that the wrinkles are starting to show.
This is why I am reading everything in this forum and trying to learn, I hope is not too late. I will be starting Obagi for hyper pigmentation next week before a Dermaroler treatment. I don´t know what else to do or what gadget or exercise could address strong
jaw muscles/nasolabial/crow feet Sad without fillers.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:53 am      Reply with quote
ClaudiaFE wrote:
The thing I've noticed with cross stretching is that my skin does act a bit faster. I suspect it's all the handling of the face. Stimulation of the tissues... better blood flow etc.

So, for example I tend to get congested around my nose. When I stretch the skin, I do notice that it clears easier later. (instead of NEEDING the extraction tool to clear pores, I can run my finger (nail) up my nose, and everything just pops out. How elegant!

I also notice that I can start with a "dry" face, and by the time I'm done cross stretching, and massaging, I've def. stimulated some oil production. So perhaps you are stimulating your natural exfoliation... and some oil production. Take notes. It will be interesting to note how you respond to everything...

FRODO... watch the DVD. It will shorten your reading time (at least with regard to HOW TO)

I wish this wasn't the busy time of year for my job because I am totally overwhelmed and haven't had time to read and watch the dvd in the new Flexeffect Edition completely....but from what I have gleamed it is well thought out and a wonderful reference for information and techniques for the face and neck as we age. It is well worth the investment...even if someone wasn't into facial exercises the other information is definitely valuable...like a solid reference book Wink

Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
Below is a quote from Paula Begoun's newsletter today. Just wondered what your response to it is. I guess she is more interested in selling her products than promoting any other form of antiaging.

"Facial Exercises: Fitness or Folly?

The answer to the question posed in the headline may surprise you, but please, let me put it bluntly: facial exercises to reduce wrinkles and sagging have always been and still are totally ineffective and useless. When you take into consideration what really causes wrinkles and sagging skin, you'll realize that, if anything, facial exercise can make wrinkles worse!

Why Facial Exercises Don't Work

Aside from the fact that there is no research showing facial exercises do anything for the aging face, we know from extensive research that when muscles don't move wrinkles go away. Think about Botox: the reason it erases wrinkles is because it completely stops muscle movement. If you increase muscle/facial movement you increase wrinkling. Look in the mirror and notice that the parts of your face which are the most wrinkled, the parts of your face you stretch and crinkle the most, are the ones you use the most!

Facial Exercises for Sagging Skin

Proponents of facial exercises love pointing out that these maneuvers stop or reverse sagging skin because skin sags due to a loss of muscle tone. Here's where fabrication gets mixed up with fact: it isn't muscle “tone” that's a factor in wrinkling and sagging. Rather, what happens to muscles of the face is they sag due to the loosening of facial ligaments that hold the muscles in place. You can't exercise ligaments and facial exercises won't reattach the ligaments either; that is only possible via surgery.

Even if facial exercises could somehow tone the muscles of the face it would only make sagging skin look more prominent—it wouldn't change the fact the muscles beneath have become slackened because of those darn ligaments!"
[i] Brick wall
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
There is a current thread on EDS addressing Paula's recycling of the same old anti- facial exercising arguments.
She should have to do some facial exercise for 90 days (supervised of course Laughing ) and then discuss it. Other than that her opinion does not matter. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered the new program tonight...looking forward to doing lots of reading when I get it!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
I just received mine less than a week ago and am reading away. Really a nice upgrade. Have many comments and thoughts and will share them in a major, in-depth post.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
This exact topic has been discussed here:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=37536&highlight=

Here's the thing... I've been flexing with progressively more aggression since I was 18 years old. I'm 38 now (OMG... 39 is 2 months away!) and although I often look exhausted, because I am, I have pretty decent skin. Sans the typical lining for woman my age. I do things that might give Paula the idea to write a whole book on 1950's do's and don't-s... but it still won't apply.

Deb, my mother, is going on 30 years... and of course, you look at the other women that offer other programs... and they all look pretty good too... So, again, unless we have some sort of super human DNA... I WISH!!!!

Again, as I said in the attached post... we have EXPERIENCED only positive results for facial exercises... and we're quite familiar with MANY people who have also experienced the same... put them all in a room, and you've got yourself a quality sample size... but of course no controls... And GENERALLY when a person is not happy with their results.. it generally has to do with overbuild (something Paula doesn't even seem to think is possible, or muscles responding at different times (which happens with people throughout their entire body)... Basically frustration.

Paula, has what? An opinion based on???

You know... it does get a bit exhausting arguing with people about things when they just through out blanket statements based on no experience... and since I've been asked about this several times... I have just posted my response on my forum... Since I use my typical "Claudia" tone when I'm annoyed... I thought it would be better to post on my turf... no need to start anything here...

Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:16 pm      Reply with quote
Claudia please don't get upset! I am actually a FE member and bought the program a few years ago but sadly just couldn't put the time in but I was very impressed with everyone's results that have devoted their time. I'm just a bit lazy these days.

I didn't believe what Paula said anyway especially that last paragraph which made no sense to me. If you build muscle it must fill out the skin and there be less sag. That paragraph made no sense. I tell people who complain that they have saggy upper arms to do weights and build up the muscle so they don't look saggy. Same goes for faces I would think.

Anyway everyone whose photos I looked at on FE looked absolutely fabulous so it must work. Wink
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:08 pm      Reply with quote
Laura... thanks... I'm not "upset"... don't worry I'm not losing any sleep over it... THANK GOD... I have none to spare... I just get annoyed with that kind of article... I think it hearkens to my education, and more to the professors and even childhood educators that I had... They would never have allowed such flippant statements without something to back it up... LOL! I had one professor (for Statistics, and ethics none the less) that had a HUGE fully spelled out BS stamp (about 6 inches by 2inches) Won't deny earning one or 2 of those... Let's just say... I know what he'd give her... LOL!

5% products discount

Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:39 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, I've been very busy and haven't had much time lately to check in and say hello.

I ordered and received the new edition of Flex Effect a couple weeks ago and love it! I read the book and have watched some of the video and can't wait to get started. I haven't been able to start the exercises yet because I had sinus lift surgery and bone graft, preparing for two dental implants two days before I received Flex Effect. Ouch! I plan to get back to face ex's next week.

I've been doing Ageless if you Dare for a year now and still have the NL/ML sagging and sunken cheeks issues that I hate and I've not seen much improvement. I hope adding Flex Effect into the mix will make a difference. I guess I'll give it a go for 6 months or so before I give in to something else, non-evasive of course. Any suggestions??
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:05 am      Reply with quote
Just ask all the questions that you need to feel comfy with everything... and if something seems wrong, even if intuitively... ASK... don't push through... I find every now and then something is interpreted in a way that we didn't expect...

Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered the new program on Jan 26th and still have not received it. Was already charged on my credit card. How long does it take to arrive?
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
Life has been far too busy for me and I had not really had the opportunity to read and thoroughly review the new Flexeffect dvd and book until this weekend....when I started I couldn't stop. I was up until 2:00am so absorbed in all the material. For years I have searched to find an easy to read and comprehensive text for facial muscle and skin rejuvenation. I have searched this forum until my eyes bugged out picking up bits and pieces of information and doing the same with every other skin forum. Finally I have found something that is concise and extremely progressive, with cutting edge material.I absolutely love it and have spent the day emailing my friends about it. Even if you aren't interested in the facial exercises, the skin remodeling, cross stretching,jolting, and pressure massage techniques are amazing. This stuff is dynamite.Sorry if I sound like a commercial but I am that thrilled with it. The video is so clear and easy to follow...for once I can see if I am doing the exercises correctly...and some I wasn't Rolling Eyes Here are a couple of clips that give you some information. One clip that is especially good for me is the one that Jason does. He was a trainer at one time on the forum and left lots of great tips that are still being followed. When I saw his face and age I was rather shocked at how young he looks...now 41 is young Laughing but he looks way younger!One of the clips has been posted before but way back pages ago. Claudia please tell Deb how very impressed I am(not that my opinion means that much but I do search for quality stuff and this is a winner!!!!)...she has out done herself with this edition.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ih3VpSOeJPc
http://www.youtube.com/user/Facialbuilding#p/a/f/0/S1RoJS6gzBk
I can't get the one of Jason to post...still working on it!

http://www.youtube.com/user/Facialbuilding#p/f/0/S1RoJS6gzBk

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
Couldn't get Jason's to work...you can go to the Flexeffect channel and go to the one that says registered nurse and check out the ones from the doctors as well. Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
Mona... the one thing we have learned during our mass shipments, is that nothing is perfect once it leaves our postoffice. We have been able to prove that shipments go out... but unless you're in the US, the tracking stops at the ocean... We have seen up to 6 weeks in some areas (even some really unexpected areas... we're hearing that there are hold ups in other countries' customes... but I have NO idea what they could be...) Please contact customer service. or me... claudia@flexeffect.com... will get you squared away.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
Let's give it another try http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1RoJS6gzBk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxrM4zJIfgA

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
Wow Jason looks like he's in his late 20's Shock
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:

My thoughts exactly!!! Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:48 am      Reply with quote
I recently purchased the new edition of Flex Effect and it is just not for me. It is brand new except for the fact I watched a little of the dvd. I would like to sell it for less than I paid for it. I am asking $50.00. If interested you can pm me. Thanks!
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
Just to say, I don't think he looks in his late 20's but I do think he looks great. He's got beautiful skin and hair, and it doesn't surprise me to learn he was a trainer. What ever happened to him? Did he give up FlexEffect entirely?
Mishey wrote:
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:14 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |