Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
The New Edition of FlexEffect is Here!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
havana8

Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:20 am      Reply with quote
re-posting for musuki

musuki wrote:
Hi, I've been doing Flex Effect for a couple of weeks now, and am slightly alarmed to find more wrinkles and furrows appearing on my face, especially around the eyes and on the forehead. While I admit 2 weeks isn't very long to see an improvement, I certainly wasn't expecting to see any deterioration. I had laughter lines starting to appear around my eyes and upper cheeks which is what prompted me to start FE, but after two weeks of doing the face and skin reconstruction exercises these lines are much more noticeable than before. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it a case of "gets worse before it gets better"? I've been doing 3 reps every day, with a 2 day break after 5 days, so I don't think I'm overdoing it...
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:38 am      Reply with quote
Musuki - I would agree: likely a case of things getting worse before they get better. I had similar things happen in the beginning. I've done FE for three years (almost) and the improvements come in increments and take a while.
I hope Claudia will come on and answer this in more depth for you. I adore Claudia - just want to throw that out there. So long as you are doing the exercises correctly I'm certain you're on the right path.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:27 am      Reply with quote
Musuki - the thing is that if its FlexEffect your doing - then the first and foremost thing I would do is head over to one of the trainers on their forum and get advice from them. I know when I have had awkward things turn up - they were my first port of call. I did post elsewhere but I got so worried by all the different responses I would hate for others to go through that. They will ask you lots of questions, but it does help in the long run. I know Deb does say the eye shows signs of stress faster than anywhere else so maybe thats happenign for you but I'm no trainer and the only one on the forum I think is Claudia, but I know you'll get an immediate response there.
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:25 am      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
re-posting for musuki

musuki wrote:
Hi, I've been doing Flex Effect for a couple of weeks now, and am slightly alarmed to find more wrinkles and furrows appearing on my face, especially around the eyes and on the forehead. While I admit 2 weeks isn't very long to see an improvement, I certainly wasn't expecting to see any deterioration. I had laughter lines starting to appear around my eyes and upper cheeks which is what prompted me to start FE, but after two weeks of doing the face and skin reconstruction exercises these lines are much more noticeable than before. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it a case of "gets worse before it gets better"? I've been doing 3 reps every day, with a 2 day break after 5 days, so I don't think I'm overdoing it...

Hi Musuki,

When you say wrinkles on your forehead and eyes, do you mean "fine lines" or large wrinkles like "large horizontal forehead lines", "vertical lines right between the brows", and "large horizontal lines across the under eye area"?

Are you seeing these lines immediately during and after training? Or, do they persist throughout the day? If you see them for a while, but then they disappear after a few hours, it could be a skin elasticity problem. How is your skin elasticity in general?

Just curious if you could provide a bit more details so that we can point you in the right direction Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:25 am      Reply with quote
Hi - a few things that help minimize the stress, keep two cloths ready to go- one wet in the ice box wrapped in plastic ready to take out when you are done with your exercises, and then another that you can run under hot water to lay on the face and neck before is do the upper face exercises at night. Warm up with a hot wet cloth before starting, and then when done.
Make sure you add more fluids to your diet- a lot of people have found that doing fruit and veggie smoothies helped them more than just adding water.
Do not do more than the count - and make sure you are allowing the muscle to work. putting too much resistance is not good. Think of when a person starts out body building - they start out with bicep curls at what... 12 pounds? then slowly over time as the muscles get stronger they add more weight. Same with facial building. Massage is also very very important. I like to do it in the shower with soap then rinse.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
Hi..and thanks for all the prompt responses! Just to answer some of the questions: at the moment if I don't smile the lines can be seen as fine lines, but when I smile even a little bit they become a lot of much deeper and longer horizontal lines across the under eye and upper cheek and into the temples, along with crepey skin. The thing is that they are deeper and there are more of them than when I first started FE, and the fine lines I had before are becoming more marked whether I'm smiling or not. The fine lines on the forehead and between the eyebrows are new, since I started the exercises. The lines persist throughout the day, not during or just after training. I'm not sure how to describe my skin elasticity. I'm 36, so it's not what it used to be. It seems different on different parts of the face - better on the cheeks but, for example, if I lean over to look in a mirror that's face-up on the table the skin sags around my eyes, between the eyebrows, around the nose and my chin. Still, I don't know if that's to do with the muscles rather than the skin elasticity. I will try out the other suggestions regarding asking a trainer on the FE forum, adding more fluids and veggie smoothies to my diet and doing the exercises at night with hot and cold towels - see if that makes a difference. I'd be interested to know what experiences you had in the beginning, sister sweets, and how long it took for the issues to resolve themselves. Thankyou everybody!
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
It sounds like it *might* be some combination of stressing the skin, skin elasticity issues (so that things don't snap down), loss of fullness, waking up the muscles, and/or hydration.

Btw, are you doing the massage? That helps relax your muscles, promotes better circulation, and speeds up muscle and skin repair....which in the long-term, will help with the skin showing signs of stress and will improve skin elasticity.

The trainers on the FlexEffect forum can help you out here. I hope you get it sorted out! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
A question: Is the 3N1(for the NL's)on the new DVD? I don't remember it. I have not been on the forum in forever so if it's from there maybe that's why.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:15 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
A question: Is the 3N1(for the NL's)on the new DVD? I don't remember it. I have not been on the forum in forever so if it's from there maybe that's why.

Hi sister sweets, The 3N1 is a new routine that Deb recently posted on the Flex Effect forum for the third edition. She basically said to try this if you need extra help for NLLs or MLs. Hope this helps.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:09 am      Reply with quote
No its not on the dvd, or in the book - its brand new (I think she's developed it since the book/dvd publication). Its in detail on the workshop forum only though.
sister sweets wrote:
Tony1
5% products discount

Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:27 am      Reply with quote
Just saw this = http://www.24-7pressrelease.com/press-release-service/230936

Kudos' to Deb!
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:31 am      Reply with quote
Hi Tony 1

Yes isnt it great, also that Deb has finally got confirmation in research that what shes been saying all along was true. (not that she really needed it!)

I have been doing FE for about a year (3rd edition) I love it, I havent been as religious at it recently as I should have been (only 3x a week) but even so its still enuff to maintain.And thats only the exercises.

I think her prog, is exceptional,even just for maintaining the status quo.( Although my DH has said with no encouragement that I have knocked 10yrs off my face, AND that was before I added in vitc.That was just FE and CPs)

So for anyone out there wondering, it is worth perservereing , it does work, but also slow and steady. Less is more

Laughing

And so endeth the lesson Exclamation

Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:35 am      Reply with quote
Hi all, I haven't posted before but have read hundreds of pages. The one thing I can't seem to find in this forum is the section where some have posted before and after pictures. I see references to the pics, but can't find them.

If anyone can point me in that direction I really appreciate it! I know it's probably right in front of my face, but seriously, I have looked for over a year now off and on.

Thanks!
Tony1
5% products discount

Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:11 am      Reply with quote
samantha66 wrote:
Hi all, I haven't posted before but have read hundreds of pages. The one thing I can't seem to find in this forum is the section where some have posted before and after pictures. I see references to the pics, but can't find them.

If anyone can point me in that direction I really appreciate it! I know it's probably right in front of my face, but seriously, I have looked for over a year now off and on.

Thanks!

Are you asking about B/A facial exercise photos or cosmetic B/A’s? Don’t know for sure but I think the B/A photos for facial exercise are links to the facial exercise sites that have them. Here are links to the top facial exercise programs that have stood the test of time.

FlexEffect Facialbuilding http://www.flexeffect.com/beforeafter.htm

Facercise http://www.facercise.com/results.shtml

Carolyn's Facial Fitness http://www.carolynsfacialfitness.com/before-after/

Facial Magic http://www.cynthiarowland.com/before_after_fm.php

There are hundreds more from the newest programs out today but mostly their exercises are just combinations of the ones above.
samantha66

Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
I realize I didn't make it clear. What I was referring to is when a poster refers to their own pics. I have heard reference to someone posting their progress pictures on various threads, facial excercises, dermarolling, etc. But can't seem to find where they are stored.

Thanks again
karenlee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
I tried to login to the general board to have a look-see as reading here has piqued my interest in FE; however the register button kept making me re-enter my details, and every time I did, I was forced to watch some stupid advert before I was able to view the anti-spam code.

I hate those anti-spam codes, they're usually impossible to read - and now, adding adverts to them is just taking it to a whole new level of yuck. I feel quite offended at being force-fed an advertising video - after the third time my perfectly good registration name/password were rejected (thus making me watch the advert again each time I attempted login), I left the site - never to return.

I really resent these kind of money-making tactics. Flex-effect may be making money on the ad, but they've lost me as a potential customer.
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
Karenlee,

Thanks for the feedback... I had no idea that was happening.

Proboards, the boards that hosts our site for free has updated...

I'll check into this... 'cause that bites!

BTW, we don't make any money on those ads... Just a component of a freebie...

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
Is anyone still regularly doing FE with good results?

Also, I know there some discussion in other threads about resistance training for "younger" faces. So, if you just want to maintain tone doing FE, would you just do the program a few days a week?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:57 am      Reply with quote
Well define "younger" face for me.

Just kidding. The issue with that it depends on the person, how fast they build muscle, what overbuilds, how responsive or unresponsive their faces are, but in general people do workout their faces less so after they've gotten to a stage they just wish to maintain. I've even got one client who started in her early 20's and is now in her later 20's and does it only once a week and seems to maintain exactly what she has. Its hard to give you a specific answer because it will vary somewhat individual to individual but the thing is that if someone owns the kit, they have the forum for this very purpose and myself or any of the other trainers can give guidance on how to go about working out what they need to do!
RyanA wrote:
Also, I know there some discussion in other threads about resistance training for "younger" faces. So, if you just want to maintain tone doing FE, would you just do the program a few days a week?

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
Well Facercise has gotten me over the fear of handling my face, but I still think I may need something more comprehensive as I get older. I also read on the FE website that it's best to start for prevention. So I am thinking about it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:34 am      Reply with quote
As with anything in life, prevention is always better than cure for sure. However with your comment Facercise has gotten you over the fear of handling your face, don't be so sure..... some people run with fear when they're hear what we ask them to do.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:01 am      Reply with quote
RyanA wrote:
Is anyone still regularly doing FE with good results?

Yes, I've been very happy with my results overall, even though I've had emotional ups and downs (I HATED my previously gaunt face). I still have a bit to go, but I had a long way to come in the first place. I now look about 4 years younger than my age (I'm almost 32) rather than older than my age and sickly-looking Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
I am a happy with FE too!

Sun Apr 01, 2012
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=6454474&highlight=#6454474
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:40 am      Reply with quote
summer2004 wrote:
I am a happy with FE too!

Sun Apr 01, 2012
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=6454474&highlight=#6454474

That's awesome, Summer2004. Congrats! Smile

RyanA, if you scroll upwards in the link that Summer2004 posted, you will see reports from other people, too.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:54 am      Reply with quote
I have Flexeffect 3 and it's quite useful, one aspect that I am not too thrilled about is the skin stretching. Musculature below, no worries there.

This:

Dermal fibroblasts respond to mechanical conditioning in a strain profile dependent manner
Abstract

Fibroblasts within tissues are exposed to a dynamic mechanical environment, which influences the structural integrity of both healthy and healing soft tissues. Various systems have been proposed to subject such cells to mechanical stimulation in culture. However the diverse nature of the studies, in terms of the strain profiles and the cell types, makes direct comparisons almost impossible. The present study addresses this issue by examining the metabolic response of two cell types subjected to three well defined strain profiles.

A young fibroblast cell population, represented by HuFFs, showed both greater cell proliferation and collagen production than adult dermal fibroblasts under unstrained conditions. The three strain profiles produced differing effects on both cell types. Uniaxial strains enhanced [3H]-thymidine incorporation for both cell types, whilst biaxial strains either inhibited or had no effect on its incorporation. In contrast, [3H]-proline incorporation was inhibited under biaxial and uniaxial strains for the adult fibroblasts, whilst the HuFF cells showed a small increase in proline incorporation under non-uniform and uniaxial strains.

Bit of a mixed bag....
I'm for the muscle work...but as far as the skin stretching goes....going to have to give that aspect a pass. Too old.

If you make, first do no harm, your Law, you will never strike the first blow and will be known as a man of peace who can fight like ten tigers, a Human in the act of Being. There is no greater rank than this. Ashida Kim on War.~Cellese~AnteAge Serum and Accelerator, DermaRoller ,MyFawnie AA2G serum, KNN G ForceUltrasound., SEA, ChrySun 25% ZnO
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |