Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

The New Edition of FlexEffect is Here!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
But I have seen her picture - and she looks amazing. Very inspirational.

Unfortunately, pictures can't tell much about the skin condition. Video can tell u much more. And I am somehow not particularly impressed by videos of people who claim doing these exercises. Confused Check the youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJjJO9UIpZc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9KH8mhgbHc&feature=related
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:58 pm      Reply with quote
I would say that every person comes from some sort of starting point. Wouldn't you?

So, You may not think these people look good for their age... But what is your reference point? Other people their age? Or their own experience and improvements. Which you really can't even begin to judge.

That's really more the point. If a person is looking for years and years of damage to be wiped away then I think a person will have to get less conservative with their approach than exercise.

So, the first video you refer to is Tori... Now, you may not like her before and after pictures... However, she looks younger at HER REAL 54 years old than she did at HER REAL 46. Does she look better than other 54 year olds... some yes, others no. It's all relative.

I would liken this in some cases to a person that is extremely obese and has been for some time. They can lose tons of weight, and look pretty good in clothes. Their organs will function better, and their life expectancy likely to increase... But you know what? I bet very few of them look HOT in a bikini or swim trunks. Sports Illustrated is not calling. Not without the intervention of a knife. Does that discount all the hard work they've done? Nope... Does it mean it's too bad they became obese in the first place... Yep! Does it mean they should have just headed straight for the knife? HECK NO! They could have died on the table.

There are so many options out there to assist in your desire to look/stay young... it's really a matter of what you can afford, and how invasive you want to get... and what you're willing to risk...

The 2nd clip you refer to has to do with professional opinion of a board dermatologist and a PT... This is most relevant for people that wonder what Derms who have actually looked at our program at least think, and also what some PT's might offer their patients say that have had a stroke or suffered from Bells Palsey.

I will never forget hearing from a mother who's daughter had been in some sort of accident and she had nerve damage. This girl's PT had NOTHING for her... gave her a few facial expression to try to make. That was it. Was our program able to bring back full facial movement... No. Did it offer this young girl a chance at some sort of normalicy? According to her mom: Yes.

Would you be impressed with her appearance... Probably not... especially if you don't have a full background story.

I always cringe a little when people go on about how they are not impressed with someone. When that someone is thrilled with their own results. Normal people that are happy with themselves, and take a risk to tell others about it... and others basically insinuate they have nothing to be happy about...granted I often feel the same way when I look at body types for varieties of workouts. So I do understand.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
ClaudiaFE wrote:
I would say that every person comes from some sort of starting point. Wouldn't you?

So, You may not think these people look good for their age... But what is your reference point? Other people their age? Or their own experience and improvements. Which you really can't even begin to judge.

That's really more the point. If a person is looking for years and years of damage to be wiped away then I think a person will have to get less conservative with their approach than exercise.

So, the first video you refer to is Tori... Now, you may not like her before and after pictures... However, she looks younger at HER REAL 54 years old than she did at HER REAL 46. Does she look better than other 54 year olds... some yes, others no. It's all relative.

I would liken this in some cases to a person that is extremely obese and has been for some time. They can lose tons of weight, and look pretty good in clothes. Their organs will function better, and their life expectancy likely to increase... But you know what? I bet very few of them look HOT in a bikini or swim trunks. Sports Illustrated is not calling. Not without the intervention of a knife. Does that discount all the hard work they've done? Nope... Does it mean it's too bad they became obese in the first place... Yep! Does it mean they should have just headed straight for the knife? HECK NO! They could have died on the table.

There are so many options out there to assist in your desire to look/stay young... it's really a matter of what you can afford, and how invasive you want to get... and what you're willing to risk...

The 2nd clip you refer to has to do with professional opinion of a board dermatologist and a PT... This is most relevant for people that wonder what Derms who have actually looked at our program at least think, and also what some PT's might offer their patients say that have had a stroke or suffered from Bells Palsey.

I will never forget hearing from a mother who's daughter had been in some sort of accident and she had nerve damage. This girl's PT had NOTHING for her... gave her a few facial expression to try to make. That was it. Was our program able to bring back full facial movement... No. Did it offer this young girl a chance at some sort of normalicy? According to her mom: Yes.

Would you be impressed with her appearance... Probably not... especially if you don't have a full background story.

I always cringe a little when people go on about how they are not impressed with someone. When that someone is thrilled with their own results. Normal people that are happy with themselves, and take a risk to tell others about it... and others basically insinuate they have nothing to be happy about...granted I often feel the same way when I look at body types for varieties of workouts. So I do understand.

ClaudiaFE, I just said I'm not impressed, but I was not trying to throw a stone at those who had courage to share their stories. Wink

Reference point? I can see their BEFORE pictures and AFTER and then their actual selves. To my eye, they are different from their AFTER pictures. That's all.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:37 pm      Reply with quote
Russian Sunshine - Are you saying due to the video aspect we see a difference even more so than we do in still photos? I absolutely agree with you.

Also: Improvement can be and often is a subtle thing. When you improve (ie: look better, younger, healthier) than you did years before that is always wonderful, particularly when you expect to be looking older and not better as you age (if you consider that the standard course of life).

Efforts to help this should be applauded. I can certainly see her efforts and I think she does look way above average for her age group and certainly better than she did at 46.

what else can any of us expect?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:40 pm      Reply with quote
Russian... that's totally fair...

Tori is 50 in her after photos (1999), and if my math is right 44ish in her FIRST before (1993), 47ish in 1996 ... and 54 in her video...So, I wouldn't expect her to hold solid at 50 or anything like that. You will still age even with exercises. (DANG IT!!!) The idea is to slow it down as much as possible. Starting at an older age, many corrections are possible, because so much muscle and bone have been lost. But, no, miracles are not likely to happen. Prevention is a person's BEST bet... With correction a close 2nd.

Obviously, anyone that doesn't know her has to make a judgment about what they are looking at. I have the benefit of knowing her... her changes were actually shocking... As I didn't see her on a regular basis. It was like someone actually took an eraser to the lines on her face. She had really abused her skin as a teen, and young adult. She had a lot of damage to deal with.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:42 am      Reply with quote
I think she looks great for her age and she def looks younger in my book. Although I don't do FlexEffect but another system, we don't have any videos of any posters. I wish we did. In fact I don't think any other program out there that I know of has its users on video. Do you know of any?

Lucy
RussianSunshine wrote:
sister sweets wrote:
But I have seen her picture - and she looks amazing. Very inspirational.

Unfortunately, pictures can't tell much about the skin condition. Video can tell u much more. And I am somehow not particularly impressed by videos of people who claim doing these exercises. Confused Check the youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJjJO9UIpZc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9KH8mhgbHc&feature=related
KayS
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:30 am      Reply with quote
Is there a dvd that accompanies this book? I personally am a visual person and would have preferred a dvd with all this on it instead.
KayS
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:00 am      Reply with quote
Now that I have had my coffee I see that there are two dvd's included. To be honest I am not big into manual facial exercise, I use my Tua Viso faithfully and love it! But I must admit I think I will purchase this new edition and incorporate it in with my Tua Viso routine, especially since it has dvd's to illustrate the exercises! Does anyone else use manual facial exercise with their Tua Visos?
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:01 am      Reply with quote
Kay... yes...

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:18 am      Reply with quote
If facial exercise is supposed to be so effective - why would it be necessary to use a Tua Viso as well?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:54 am      Reply with quote
Partly, it's all a matter of degrees...I think it's about addressing issues from many angles. As well as WHEN you start to address your aging... same as your health. Eat right and exercise from the start, and baring a medical condition... look great, feel great, live 'till your social security runs out!

Wait until your blood pressure is through the roof, your liver is full of fat, you now require insulin, and breathing is an issue just crossing the street... you've got a lot of work to do, and will need to address problems from all angles, say emotionally, physically (exercise), and cognitively (planning, diet changes)... You might want all the tools you can afford. Are they all necessary? Probably not, but they all might help one way or another.

If Tau Viso is so effective why fillers?

If fillers are so effective why plastic surg?

There is NO WAY to completely stop the aging process...yet a gazzilion ways to address them.

Fillers are instant... and do little to correct tissue loss. They just cover it. Quick, if done well, looks great. And that needle pricking might even stimulate collegen. $$

Plastic surg. stretches skin over lost tissues, which is why a person starts to look weird, their face is flatter, but smooth. (our faces are pretty curvy)... Which leads to implants to make up for lost tissue, muscle and bone. But even as you suggested in another thread often looks weird. $$$$

Obviously, the above are easily appropriate.

The Tau Viso, as I understand it, is for toning purposes... 'causing a mild contraction in the muscle. Which is great. Especially great for the person who has little muscle tone to begin with. Gotta start somewhere. And even great if you're already working the muscle... If you can reach even MORE muscle fibers than you would have otherwise then you will notice a difference.

Just contracting a muscle does not BUILD muscle. Put it on an emaciated malnurished bicep... You will probably see some more drastic results (assuming that diet has improved). Put it on Arnie's bicep, you probably won't notice anything... HE MIGHT notice some added strength (do to possibly reaching more muscle fiber), allowing him to add more weight, more resistance, and therefore more build...

So, I think, if a person has little muscle tone to begin with... this will def. make an improvement. I know people that use this sort of treatment along spinal muscles to correct scoliosis. Strengthening the muscle on the weaker, over stretched, barely working side. It does NOT however, create any build in the muscle along the spine creating size or mass.

To further the back situation, I can see how a person might then get into working out and strengthening their muscles and size (guys in particular), and hit the gym... the little zapper (as I call it) won't be enough... although it still may offer an assist...

I also think that the ability to over build some facial muscles is the most clear sign as to how effective a well thought out plan of attack can be. (same for the body... which is why generally body building competitions are about 1/3 symmetry.)

So, in reference to the thread talking about the "chipmunk cheeks"... I've seen overbuilt bucs. just do to resistance training. The beauty with facial exercises is that you can lay off the intensity, and the muscle will atrophy just as it does in the rest of the body. You end up with too much filler, or a bad implant... Well... bummer. I also think that cheeks that are built via muscle tend to look better as there is generally build around them that assists with symmetry (the webbing up the side of the nose for example)

Good questions... HTH

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:57 am      Reply with quote
I love the results I get from my Tua Viso I use it five days a week. I went ahead and purchased the new Flex Effect package solely because it now has instructional dvds. I want more build in the cheek area and to fill out my face more so I have a fuller looking face. I feel that the Flex Effect will help me achieve the build that Tua Viso does'nt.

How would I use the two in conjunction with each other? I thought maybe do the Tua in the afternoon and the facial exercises in the morning, my next question is do I do it every other day to give my muscles a rest?
lilredhead
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:36 am      Reply with quote
Hi Claudia. Very Happy I'm looking forward to starting FE. I've been doing facial exercises of one sort or another since my teens. Can you tell me where this is shipping from so I can estimate how much longer I've got to wait? Thanks! Wink
havana8

Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
lilredhead wrote:
Hi Claudia. Very Happy I'm looking forward to starting FE. I've been doing facial exercises of one sort or another since my teens. Can you tell me where this is shipping from so I can estimate how much longer I've got to wait? Thanks! Wink

The Mail/Fax page lists Eureka, CA. HTHs.
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
Kay... Have you been using the Tau Viso for a while? Say at least 6 months? I THINK you could do the FE program as prescribed if so... in that you're not stacking a whole bunch of new things...

HOWEVER, I would recommend that you take special note (use your trainer log) of how your face responds day to day. If you feel you look stressed then slow down your FE introduction. I find that over time MOST people build a solid sense of intuition about their face and body. And you should follow that!

At the same time, use your workshop access to share your journey, and get some experienced suggestions to consider. I don't use any machines like that (although the one that Nancy sells over at NCN kind of makes me drool!)... So I can not speak with experience EXACTLY how the two might interact.

Again, let me reiterate... Just don't start a SLEW of new things at once. You won't know what you're responding to (good or bad) So for example as a newbie to Facial exercises... DO NOT start in with the Jolting or Cross Stretching... that will be too much too soon!

[Admin: This post has been moderated to remove shipping information. Please see my PM.]

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
I have Tua Viso, and TV gives STRONG muscle contractions. It is a good device, and not mutually exclusive with facial exercises. I like the fact that I own TV, just because it gives me a peace of mind that I can use it if I want. At the same time I really do not use it because of time constraints, and in terms of priorities manual facial exercises win. As Claudia pointed out TV can help with toning, but not with increasing volume. In addition it is difficult to target specific muscles with a device, while manual exercises provide more control.

To summarize - if one can do facial exercises it is the best. If one does not have enough time for manual facial exercises, then muscle toning with device is a good choice. And lastly one can do both.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
KayS - both old and new editions of FE come with DVD. Old edition covered fewer exercises, but it still provided good cross section of the exercises.
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
ONE (1) DVD, One AUDIO CD... NOT 2 DVD's

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:32 am      Reply with quote
I had a nice chat with Deb over the phone yesterday. She said I could do both TV and Flex Effect just do not do it more than five days in a row. Basically just use common sense as to whether you need to back off or keep going. I had the old version of Flex Effect and after two months I gave it away as I was not inspired by just using the book, the dvd was excellent but only showed a few exercises. I just ordered the new version mainly because of the dvd which contains 55 exercises, I think that is what Deb told me. I love that and am really excited to start again on FE. I have been using the TV for a good eight months and am looking forward now to creating volume with the FE exercises. Very Happy
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:02 am      Reply with quote
The book 55 exercises... DVD 49 + new diciplines

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:48 am      Reply with quote
Hi Claudia,

I pre-ordered new edition on January,11.
When I should estimate the delivery?

I can't wait Smile

Thanks,

Tanya

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:26 am      Reply with quote
I think I read on their forum that they have all been shipped out this week by priority mail, so if your in the US thats three days or something?
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:15 am      Reply with quote
Hi Tanya... Please don't think I'm ignoring your question...

A response to your question is considered a Sales Pitch... and will and has been deleted in the past... So is sharing "tidbits" as someone requested earlier... that would be like a commercial... No???

If you want to get SPECIFIC answers from the horses mouth... well... go find the horse...LOL!

Dang... that's not very flattering now is it??? hahahahaha!

Ask me generic questions... those I can answer...

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:16 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, LondonLucyGeorge!

I'm in Canada, so I would expect it next week then Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:19 am      Reply with quote
Claudia,

You are right Smile

I just saw you around here, so decided to ask you here.
If I don't receive my package in a week or so, I'm going to bug you directly Very Happy

Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:16 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |