Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

SkinCare Arsenal Additions 2010
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jjbeacham
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
What new products/procedures are you planning to try this year? What products/gadgets are you lemming for?

I have a "holiday special" Isomers kit on the way, which contains their new Stem Genesis product, so I am excited about trying that. I also am so impressed with TNS Night Repair Eye that I am going to try the TNS Recovery Complex.

I intend to be more consistent with the LED/green tea procedure because I get visible results.

I am lemming for a dermaroller by Dr. Fernandes, either the RollCIT or the new FocusCIT when it becomes availble.

Also am lemming for Valmont Lip Repair. ~ JJ

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
Love this topic! I have several things that I am interested in checking out further: The TNS Essential Serum, the Clarisonic brush, and the Clarisonic new device for around the eyes, Neocutis Blanche, and the Environ Roll-Cit (this one is mainly to see if there is a difference between it and the Dr. Roller brand!)
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
A couple things I'd like to try:

The TNS Night Repair Eye (jj you mentioned this in another thread and it's definitely on my list)

Retin-A micro. I currently use Renova and plan to try the micro next refill.

Maybe the AALS...but I currently have a Tanda and I just can't justify the new purchase while the Tanda still functions.

I definitely want to try Tanaka massage too.
jjbeacham
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
ShastaGirl wrote:
A couple things I'd like to try:

The TNS Night Repair Eye (jj you mentioned this in another thread and it's definitely on my list)

Retin-A micro. I currently use Renova and plan to try the micro next refill.

Maybe the AALS...but I currently have a Tanda and I just can't justify the new purchase while the Tanda still functions.

I definitely want to try Tanaka massage too.

Shasta, the TNS Night Repair is truly awesome. Several people who have tried it are having really good results with it, and I'm so glad. I always make sure any product I recommend has worked for a period of time on me before suggesting that anyone else spend their money on it. I would love the TNS Essential Serum that Riley mentioned because the it's NouriCel (human fibroblasts) on one side and peptides and antioxidants on the other; the ingredients sound amazing. Need to save for that one, though! Laughing I'm with you on the Retin-A Micro. Foxe has lots of good info about it on the CP Serums thread.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:28 pm      Reply with quote
After reading about dermarollers for two years I finally bought one Laughing the cheapie jj mentioned in the *new* dermaroller thread. I figured this would be a good starting point without major investment. I would love to try either the RollCIT or the new FocusCIT when it becomes available. I checked that out too and sent them a message.
So thanks for the recommendation. JJ - I am enjoying the thread you started as my only interest in dermarollers ever was in product penetration and I think this is the year! And you have inspired that.

Along with the above I will likely put together serums et al. that will work with a rolling protocal (during and after). This is very exciting as it will be a new thing for me.

My next thing is to get the new Flex Effect package - it sounds wonderful, comprehensive and full of possibilities - just like a New Year should be!

I'm also looking at using more peptides and am also loving the skin signals CP after being away from CP for a good year or more.

I looked through my samples and found a TNS night repair - probably enough to last two weeks! WooHoo. My plan at this point is to continue exploring the threads and putting together a baseline skin care regime for the coming year. (So many options and ideas to think about)

A big thanks to all you helpful folks who keep things fresh and lively and open the doors for all of us.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:40 am      Reply with quote
i'm going to order the new flex effect package in the next few weeks..i'm excited about the bone massage (pressure reps) and the connective tissue massage.

i'm also really interested in traditional Chinese/Japanese 'gadgets'... like scraping tools and jade rollers..and very interested in the technique/philosophy (Gua Sha) behind using them for rejuvenation/healing...

...but what i'm really lemming after(and have been for the past year) is an energy/healing device calld a multiwave oscillator ...the one i've researched extensively is made in Holland and costs close to $7,000 USA..it uses a Tesla coil and is created by a guy named Lakhovsky decades ago. This is a quote from a site called multiwaveoscilator.com:

"Lakhovsky believed that living cells are batteries; the nucleus holds the positive charge and the cytoplasm carries the negative. If cells were irradiated with a range of electromagnetic oscillations, they could be "recharged" and thus rejuvenated. A range of frequencies is necessary because the cell and its parts respond to different frequencies"

anyway, i've researched tons of energy devices (including different multiwave oscillators) and this one i believe is for real (and used in doctor's offices internationaly).

i experienced this device in inida last year...when i went to a woman for an energy healing experience (something i rarely do... but she was recommended so highly and the cost was $5 USA)..and my 11's smoothed out and stayed that way for weeks with that one 15 minute session.(also my digestion improved greatly...which is directly connected imo to the releasing of the 11 tension.)..and although acupuncture does the same for me...for various reasons i really want this device ( and at some point..some year soon..i know i'll get it..perhaps going in with others and sharing it)

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
Zelda
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:02 am      Reply with quote
Do you think TNS night repair eye cream is better than MD Forte? (which I love by the way!)
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:56 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

Along with the above I will likely put together serums et al. that will work with a rolling protocal (during and after). This is very exciting as it will be a new thing for me.

I'm also looking at using more peptides and am also loving the skin signals CP after being away from CP for a good year or more.

I looked through my samples and found a TNS night repair - probably enough to last two weeks! WooHoo. My plan at this point is to continue exploring the threads and putting together a baseline skin care regime for the coming year. (So many options and ideas to think about)

Hey, Sis. I thought you were going to be trying some natural skin care from Spain? Are you not going to do that any longer?
jjbeacham
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:48 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
After reading about dermarollers for two years I finally bought one Laughing the cheapie jj mentioned in the *new* dermaroller thread. I figured this would be a good starting point without major investment. I would love to try either the RollCIT or the new FocusCIT when it becomes available. I checked that out too and sent them a message.
So thanks for the recommendation. JJ - I am enjoying the thread you started as my only interest in dermarollers ever was in product penetration and I think this is the year! And you have inspired that.

My next thing is to get the new Flex Effect package - it sounds wonderful, comprehensive and full of possibilities - just like a New Year should be!

A big thanks to all you helpful folks who keep things fresh and lively and open the doors for all of us.

Sis, you got a dermaroller!!!! Woo-hoo!!! I know that is a HUGE step, honestly. I finally convinced my friend to order one and she's still a little shaky about the whole thing; hates needles and cannot imagine how gentle these baby rollers are. She bought the same one you did and it's my favorite roller for sure. It does take courage to try some of these things and my hat is off to you for taking that leap of faith. I think you will be so pleased with the results. You simply get so much more out of your products, there's no doubt about that in my mind (or on my skin - Laughing ). Rolling is something I intend to do from now on. I can't wait to see how you like it.

Very happy for you with your exciting plans for 2010! I cannot imagine what this forum will come up with next, but I have no doubt it will be mindboggling and that it will probably work. That's what I love so much about EDS. Cutting edge solutions that actually get results. Love it!!! Thank you everyone from me as well, for your courage to try new things, your generosity and of course, great information. ~ JJ

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:50 am      Reply with quote
jasminerosey wrote:
i'm going to order the new flex effect package in the next few weeks..i'm excited about the bone massage (pressure reps) and the connective tissue massage.

i'm also really interested in traditional Chinese/Japanese 'gadgets'... like scraping tools and jade rollers..and very interested in the technique/philosophy (Gua Sha) behind using them for rejuvenation/healing...

...but what i'm really lemming after(and have been for the past year) is an energy/healing device calld a multiwave oscillator ...the one i've researched extensively is made in Holland and costs close to $7,000 USA..it uses a Tesla coil and is created by a guy named Lakhovsky decades ago. This is a quote from a site called multiwaveoscilator.com:

"Lakhovsky believed that living cells are batteries; the nucleus holds the positive charge and the cytoplasm carries the negative. If cells were irradiated with a range of electromagnetic oscillations, they could be "recharged" and thus rejuvenated. A range of frequencies is necessary because the cell and its parts respond to different frequencies"

anyway, i've researched tons of energy devices (including different multiwave oscillators) and this one i believe is for real (and used in doctor's offices internationaly).

i experienced this device in inida last year...when i went to a woman for an energy healing experience (something i rarely do... but she was recommended so highly and the cost was $5 USA)..and my 11's smoothed out and stayed that way for weeks with that one 15 minute session.(also my digestion improved greatly...which is directly connected imo to the releasing of the 11 tension.)..and although acupuncture does the same for me...for various reasons i really want this device ( and at some point..some year soon..i know i'll get it..perhaps going in with others and sharing it)

Gee whiz, jasimerosey, now you have me lemming for a $7000 machine! Laughing Very impressed by this post. BTW, I wish you would start a scraping thread. ~ JJ

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:55 am      Reply with quote
Zelda wrote:
Do you think TNS night repair eye cream is better than MD Forte? (which I love by the way!)

Zel, it's a completely different approach. The MD Forte exfoliates and removes lines in that way; the TNS is a much more gentle product, but just as effective. TNS uses human fibroblasts and it works very well. But if you are happy with something, DON'T change it, IMO. I needed the two together on alternate nights, but I think you are much younger than I am. Stay with what's working for you, sweet. If you're like me, the time will come when you just have to try something else, and then you can try the TNS samples for very little to see how TNS works for you. MD Forte Rejuvenation Eye is an excellent product; I cannot praise it highly enough and I intend to always use it. ~ JJ

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:36 am      Reply with quote
JJ,
I am a total and complete novice about this Gua Sha(or scraping)technique (which at it's most healing/regenerating is used in on the acupuncture energy points/meridians)...but for now I just want to experiment using it like a basic massage tool.... and am clumsily trying to assimilate this knowledge via utube videos posted by Ilina on the original bone face exercise thread..and other online videos and info.

I would love it if someone who really had an understanding of this technique would begin a thread!

The jade rollers (which I haven't purchased yet)look beautiful to me (it looks like it's used like a smooth dermaroller made from jade)

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
jjbeacham
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:46 am      Reply with quote
jasminerosey wrote:
JJ,
I am a total and complete novice about this Gua Sha(or scraping)technique (which at it's most healing/regenerating is used in on the acupuncture energy points/meridians)...but for now I just want to experiment using it like a basic massage tool.... and am clumsily trying to assimilate this knowledge via utube videos posted by Ilina on the original bone face exercise thread..and other online videos and info.

I would love it if someone who really had an understanding of this technique would begin a thread!

The jade rollers (which I haven't purchased yet)look beautiful to me (it looks like it's used like a smooth dermaroller made from jade)

JR, I think I'm going to start a thread for information on scraping. Hopefully someone knowledgeable will see that and give us some info. Ooooh the jade roller sounds awesome.~ JJ

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:50 am      Reply with quote
I'm actually hoping to cut back this year and stick to Retin-A and Copper Peptides and see if they'll be just as or more effective than all the other products I've been trying. That means I may have to give up this forum if I'm going to be strong. Laughing If someone comes up with something to stop the sagging and the lip lines, I'll be all over it though.

jj, I've used the Isomers stem genesis products. I really like the body lotion and will purchase it again but don't care so much for the serum. I know it gets raves from other people, but I can't see that it did anything for my face.
jjbeacham
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:36 am      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
I'm actually hoping to cut back this year and stick to Retin-A and Copper Peptides and see if they'll be just as or more effective than all the other products I've been trying. That means I may have to give up this forum if I'm going to be strong. Laughing If someone comes up with something to stop the sagging and the lip lines, I'll be all over it though.

jj, I've used the Isomers stem genesis products. I really like the body lotion and will purchase it again but don't care so much for the serum. I know it gets raves from other people, but I can't see that it did anything for my face.

Thanks, Skippie! Since this is my third day of using Stem Genesis, I can't tell a thing. I have only used three Isomers products prior to my kit. I really like Lip Firming Serum and the lifting eye serum. Not thrilled with Chitofirm, although I have friends who swear by it. I too, believe in the tried and true. I'm currently using Skin Signals C/P's and I'm very impressed with this product, and I use retin-a several nights a week. I know exactly what you mean about restricting your forum visits if you don't want to try new products. Every time I'm on here, I am lemming for something else! Laughing ~ JJ

ETA: Skippie, after reading tons of reviews on Stem Genesis, I got the impression it works much better with Synchronizer (which also came in my kit). Just curious if you used it with the Synchronizer. Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:49 am      Reply with quote
Skippie,
I hear you about keeping it down, I know I had no choice this last year as financial choices were delegated to what was most important, which didn't include adding to skin care!
We can always start a CA (cosmetics anomyous) thread and keep each other on track! Smile

I agree about the stem cells from non human sources they aren't compatable with our bodies, according to research. I take it as another marketing tool.

Dm

Skippie wrote:

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:56 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Skippie,
I hear you about keeping it down, I know I had no choice this last year as financial choices were delegated to what was most important, which didn't include adding to skin care!
We can always start a CA (cosmetics anomyous) thread and keep each other on track! Smile

I agree about the stem cells from non human sources they aren't compatable with our bodies, according to research. I take it as another marketing tool.

Dm

DM, I have never seen a post written by you in praise of any product, although there certainly may be some. Could you tell us what you use and what you feel is effective? I'm really sincere about this, as I know you do like essential oils and I am curious if you use anything else. Since this is a thread about skincare "arsenals" is there any product you would like to try? ~ JJ

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:32 am      Reply with quote
Yes actually jj there are several products I have recommended maybe you should pull up my profile and read all posts!
I am using up what I already own rather than add to a large collection of skin care!
Some brands I use are Isomers, alloette, pur minerals skin care not just the cosmetic, Wei east, burt bee,s amongst others!
Honestly at almost 56 and not having any major skin issues the only thing I am definite about adding is Retin A! The clairsonic is a temptation but I am on the fence about needing one as my Iskin does a great job and I love the effect! Oh the 1000 lash dye is on my list.
I have some self control when it comes to jumping in on every new product that is raved about and usually see those that aren't happy with a product that others rave about!
I do use my EO blends with Jojoba but not as a stand alone moisturizer, a humectant is a necessity and no oil has that!
One line I have added is Never Over The Hill, I have only reviewed the lash serum and lip plumper FANTASTIC! oh and the living lotion LOVE IT! the other products from the line I haven't used long enough to review, I am always personally skeptical when a product is RAVED ABOUT after one use, even a weak isn't enough time for me to feel it's a valid review! I also see members who use so many products it's difficult to know what is working and what's not!

DM

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:46 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Yes actually jj there are several products I have recommended maybe you should pull up my profile and read all posts!
I am using up what I already own rather than add to a large collection of skin care!
Some brands I use are Isomers, alloette, pur minerals skin care not just the cosmetic, Wei east, burt bee,s amongst others!
Honestly at almost 56 and not having any major skin issues the only thing I am definite about adding is Retin A! The clairsonic is a temptation but I am on the fence about needing one as my Iskin does a great job and I love the effect! Oh the 1000 lash dye is on my list.
I have some self control when it comes to jumping in on every new product that is raved about and usually see those that aren't happy with a product that others rave about!
I do use my EO blends with Jojoba but not as a stand alone moisturizer, a humectant is a necessity and no oil has that!
One line I have added is Never Over The Hill, I have only reviewed the lash serum and lip plumper FANTASTIC! oh and the living lotion LOVE IT! the other products from the line I haven't used long enough to review, I am always personally skeptical when a product is RAVED ABOUT after one use, even a weak isn't enough time for me to feel it's a valid review! I also see members who use so many products it's difficult to know what is working and what's not!

DM

DM, I have just developed an interest in Isomers. I have a kit that contained: Australian Harvest Cleanser, Instant Skin Lift, Fast Lift Eye Serum, Desert Youth 4X, Synchronizer and Stem Genesis. Don't know yet how I feel about any of these, but I have used Renovage with quite a bit of success, so I'm interested in their Renovage products and the Accelerated Recovery Serum. I use (and love) Skin Signals copper peptides and like to use other peptides along with them. Is there a particular Isomers product(s) you like?

Also, where do you purchase Never Over the Hill? thanks!!! ~ JJ

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:28 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Skippie,

I'll join CA, too! I just made 2 big purchases - the Clarisonia Mia and the TNS Essential Serum. Now, I may be wanting a LED again!! That one will take some saving up for, unfortunately!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:57 am      Reply with quote
jj,

I am sitting at the bank waiting on the manager to be free, Estate Account needs to be open! I have my iPhone with me so I am able to post, you will have to wait until I have time to look and list my Isomers products, sorry! I wouldn't want to give you the incorrect product names!

Here is the link to Never Over The Hill

http://www.neveroverthehill.com/

HTH
DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:01 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
Skippie,

I'll join CA, too! I just made 2 big purchases - the Clarisonia Mia and the TNS Essential Serum. Now, I may be wanting a LED again!! That one will take some saving up for, unfortunately!

Let's start the thread, I will after business hours when I have more time to devote to getting it started! I think there are a few of us that would enjoy helping each other resist all the products and gadgets!

DM
Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:54 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
jj,

I am sitting at the bank waiting on the manager to be free, Estate Account needs to be open! I have my iPhone with me so I am able to post, you will have to wait until I have time to look and list my Isomers products, sorry! I wouldn't want to give you the incorrect product names!

Here is the link to Never Over The Hill

http://www.neveroverthehill.com/

HTH
DM

Thanks for the link, DM! Yes, whenever you have time, I'd love some Isomers recommendations. ~ JJ

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:44 am      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:

I'm trying to cut back too and keep it simple as possible and actually not fall in the "new and better" mode and try everything. It was really hard when I got an email from skincarerx with their beauty cache worth $350 only $29.95.
JENIFUR

Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:56 am      Reply with quote
I;ve scars on my hands skin can you give me any advice to resolve my this problem
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:32 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |