Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

LightWave DH
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Jimm
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
Recently I came across a new home LED device, the LightWave DH, that might be interesting for people who don’t want to spend a lot of $$$ on an LED device. To me it seems like a good quality device.

It’s build with 660nm / 850nm American CREE LEDs, the best and most expensive LEDs on the market today.

It’s big brother, the LightWave CS (for acne), has been around for a while.
This Anti Aging device, the LightWave DH, is new.

You can read all about the LightWave CS on http://www.intelligentacnetreatment.com/
This website has a lot of detailed information, articles, links, etc.

For the LightWave DH got to: http://www.coloranalysis.com/category_s/81.htm

Since the LightWave CS can treat the face within minutes per session (according to the designer), I assume that the LightWave DH will also be fast, but I am not sure. For that one will have to contact their customer service.

My only concern with these two lights would be the merging of the wavelengths.
I still don’t know whether that’s a ‘good’ thing or a ‘bad’ thing, or if it just doesn’t matter.

Other than that these lights look interesting to me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:52 am      Reply with quote
Jimm wrote:
Recently I came across a new home LED device, the LightWave DH, that might be interesting for people who don’t want to spend a lot of $$$ on an LED device. To me it seems like a good quality device.

It’s build with 660nm / 850nm American CREE LEDs, the best and most expensive LEDs on the market today.

You can read all about the LightWave CS on http://www.intelligentacnetreatment.com/

Since the LightWave CS can treat the face within minutes per session (according to the designer), I assume that the LightWave DH will also be fast, but I am not sure. For that one will have to contact their customer service.

I still don’t know whether that’s a ‘good’ thing or a ‘bad’ thing, or if it just doesn’t matter.

Jimm

Interesting devices, thanks for sharing the link and ideas.

The merging of wavelengths - the company that makes the Omnilux - phototheraputics - are really firm in their belief the red light stimulate cells that are negatively affected by infra red and firmly believe the two wavelengths should be used in isolation but if you look at the AALS and Baby Quasar they both use a mixture of amber/ir/red and the posts on the forums speak for themselves - my feeling is I don't know which is better but for me both both omimilux and AALS and Baby Q work really well in their own way.

Best wishes

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:52 am      Reply with quote
Jimm wrote:

Jimm

Interesting devices, thanks for sharing the link and ideas.

The merging of wavelengths - the company that makes the Omnilux - phototheraputics - are really firm in their belief the red light stimulate cells that are negatively affected by infra red and firmly believe the two wavelengths should be used in isolation but if you look at the AALS and Baby Quasar they both use a mixture of amber/ir/red and the posts on the forums speak for themselves - my feeling is I don't know which is better but for me both both omimilux and AALS and Baby Q work really well in their own way.

Best wishes

PQ

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
You’re welcome PQ.

I am just curious. If you had to pick only one LED, which one would you choose?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:

It could be that it's the prominent amber wavelength that's effective and making all the difference with the AALS.

Jimm - I'm interested that you are now considering trying a much less inexpensive LED after spending so much money on the Dermawave. It brings us right back to that "age-old question" regarding the price discrepancy with the various LED devices - what are we really paying for?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:25 am      Reply with quote
Jimm wrote:
You’re welcome PQ.

Jimm - it depends what you want to use it for -

I would say the LED device that has a very good track record is the AALS - but the treatment of acne I would use a single wavelength - obviously blue - and I would go for the clear-u from Omnilux, which also had the red led.

Have a good day.

PQ

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:24 am      Reply with quote
Hi Keliu,

The reason I am planning to use a different LED on working days is purely a matter of time and convenience.
By using a few high quality LED spots I will be able to treat my whole face/scalp within 10-15 minutes per session, with a wavelength of choice.
On weekends, when I have all the time of the world, I will keep using the Dermawave.

I still love the Dermawave. It's an excellent device and I am a happy owner. But since it takes around 40 -50 minutes per session to treat my face/scalp/neck (15-20 sec. per spot with overlapping), I became less motivated to use the unit on working days, when I have less time.

That's the story in a nutshell.

Another option would be to purchase 2 X AALS and use them simultaneously, which, if I'd use them for 2 minutes per spot, would do the job in about 22 minutes per session (I calculated 22 spots). The big head/treatment area of the AALS would make it more convenient to use than units that have smaller heads like Prolight, BQ/QP and the Dermawave. I could live with 22 minutes per session, 2 or 3 times a week. And I could easily do a session while watching TV or something, which, with smaller heads, is quite an impossible task.

More interesting is the one million dollar question: are we paying to much for our Home LED devices?

Keep in mind that the kind of LED spots I am planning to use are far from cheap. They have high quality U.S. LEDs and proper engineering.
There are plenty of cheap and inferior LEDs and LED spots available. For the average consumer it's hard to distinguish the difference between a high quality LED spot and an inferior one because the housing of all of these lights appear to be exactly the same. It took me a lot of time and effort to find a manufacturer who actually uses American High Power LEDs instead of cheaper Chinese Leds and who, for example, knows the difference between 590 nm and 660 nm.

High quality LED spots in the proper blue, green, amber and red wavelengths are relatively expensive and quite hard to find.

So I don't think we are overcharged for our LED home devices, at least not for the high quality units, such as Prolight and Lightstim.
Considering all of the costs and effort a manufacturer has to make to design, produce and market a good product (and still make some profit), I think most of the high quality LED home devices, like Prolight and Lightstim are reasonably priced. You also have to keep in mind that they are produced in relatively small quantities, with high quality American diodes and proper engineering.

So, in my opinion it all depends on the quality of a device.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
Jimm - thanks for the detailed reply. So, are you buying the red light? - the LEDs look huge compared with other devices. Exactly how long is the treatment time for the LightWave DH, I'm presuming from your reply it must be much shorter than the DermaWave. Can you explain why this light is more powerful than the others - or is it a matter of the head being larger? TIA

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu,

I don’t know how long the treatment time for the LightWave DH is.
What I did is, I ordered two Led Spots in 660 nm red, from a local LED manufacturer.
Like the LightWave DH, they have 7 X 1 Watt diodes.

I expect them to arrive in about two weeks.
If I like the lights and if they turn out to be suitable for what I have in mind, I’ll probably order some in 630 nm red as well.

These lights are not necessarily more powerful at skin level than some of the high power handheld devices. They just treat a relatively larger area.

I have no idea about the amount of joules they generate at skin level.
I think I’ll let the lights shine simultaneously on each area for about 30 seconds / 1 minute, about 4 inches away from skin and see how that goes.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
Jimm wrote:
You’re welcome PQ.

Jimm - it depends what you want to use it for -

I would say the LED device that has a very good track record is the AALS - but the treatment of acne I would use a single wavelength - obviously blue - and I would go for the clear-u from Omnilux, which also had the red led.

Have a good day.

PQ

Thanks PQ.

By the way, saw your picture. You look great!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:01 am      Reply with quote
Due to a tragic event that took place in the company that sells the LightWave DH, the store is closed for an indeterminate period. The link to the LightWave DH is no longer working.
The link to the LightWave CS is still working.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:34 am      Reply with quote
The CS is on ebay right now, used. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Lightwave-CS-Hi-Power-LED-acne-lamp-light-therapy_W0QQitemZ200461925072QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Health_Beauty_Skincare_PP?hash=item2eac763ad0

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:08 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |