Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Best anti-aging product for firming/brightening?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am      Reply with quote
I don't like starting threads, but ...

Most anti-aging products seem to be aimed at minimising wrinkles or sun damage.

I'm lucky to not have those particular issues, but I'd really like to know which anti-oxidants or other ingredients work best for general brightening/giving a "glow", and particularly firming. Although I'm not plagued by wrinkles (yet), I'd like my skin to be a little firmer, particularly the lower half of my face.

There are so many anti-oxidants and "miracle" ingredients, but most of the talk/research seems to be focused on wrinkles and sun damage. I'd really appreciate some advice on what's worked for others (40+) on firming/brightening? Was thinking of giving coffeeberry a try??

ps... I don't like DMAE, doesn't seem to agree with my skin.
jedder
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:49 am      Reply with quote
Glycolic acid peels seem to give the face a healthy glow.
It sounds like you may be in the first stages of 'sagging'?!......if so, facial exercise will help this.
If firming the skin is an issue, dermarolling or dry brushing is supposed to thicken the skin.
saisai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
I have the same concern..looking forward for more recommendations.
nibn
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
Skinceuticals AGE interrupter is said to be very firming, have.t tried it though
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
I can't recommend anything for slight sagging but for a nice glow I get the best results from a good vitamin C serum and regular exfoliation with Clarisonic and AHA/BHA serum.

This seems to keep the cell turnover from slowing down. As we get older cell turn over decreases and the skin begins to take on that dull, sometimes dry & flaky appearance.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
New Vitality's Night Skin has glycolic acid, retinyl propionate, glabridin and Vitamin C. A plastic surgeon sells it. I am using up my free sample and will call tomorrow to cancel since they automatically ship. It's not that I dislike the product. I will probably buy it in the future but I am unemployed at the moment and have other products I need to use up first. I also want to give dermarolling a chance over the next six months.
woshididi
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
I heard that the EL ANR is the best product for anti-aging if you continue use it for many years.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:03 am      Reply with quote
Matrixyl is a good firming product that is well-liked by many. There are a few serums available which contain it. I currently have a sample from Nancy at NCN, but haven't tried it out just yet.

As for the glow, I used to have a big problem with dull skin, especially as my skin is so pale. I managed to sort that out with regular exfoliation (I use Epidermx II) and good moisturisation. I also used to love Remergent DNA Repair, but it's no longer available. However, I am absolutely delighted with Nia24 Intensive Recovery Complex. Not only does it help to even skin tone, it just somehow makes my skin look better - pores less visible, glow, etc. I love it!

Unfortunately, I still haven't started the Ageless facial exercise programme, which I bought a while ago, but plan to do so soon. As has already been mentioned on this thread, many people swear by facial exercise for firming up their face and neck.
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:31 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for suggestions!

I've been using AHAs/acids and C serums on and off, more or less since they started appearing on the skincare market. Yes, I am old enough to remember those days Smile

Facial exercise does sound interesting, but it also sounds like a lot of work, and I'm lazy. Maybe I'll get around to it one day.

I've got a serum in the cupboard that contains matrixyl (I think), so I'll give that one a try first as I already have it. Those NIA24 products have been on my "to do" list for a while - might bump them up to the top.

In my case, it's probably just the result of a lifetime of sleep deprivation - rarely seem to get more than 5 or 6 hours, or less. Took a week off recently and was getting 7-8 hours per night, spending 3 hours in the gym/pool every day, and of course my skin looked great! Guess i've just answered my own question Smile
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:45 am      Reply with quote
I forgot about this in my last post, but eating healthily can make a huge difference to your skin also! Try to avoid processed foods if at all possible.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
I really like Revive skin care products,most notably: Moisture renewal cream., Creme Lustre night cream. eye renewal cream, Peau Magnifique. Their products were developed by a plastic surgeon who wanted to be able to give back the youthful glow in skin that the scalpel just couldnt do. I truly believe he has the best skin care line on the market today.You can buy on ebay at a big discount.(I have tried everything and this line made the big difference,I have been using it for 2 yrs and will never switch....}
luyan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:49 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
I really like Revive skin care products,most notably: Moisture renewal cream., Creme Lustre night cream. eye renewal cream, Peau Magnifique. Their products were developed by a plastic surgeon who wanted to be able to give back the youthful glow in skin that the scalpel just couldnt do. I truly believe he has the best skin care line on the market today.You can buy on ebay at a big discount.(I have tried everything and this line made the big difference,I have been using it for 2 yrs and will never switch....}

But they are really very expensive. More cost-effective products to choose from.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
A good vitamin C serum for brightening.

Firming? DMAE or some kind of peptide. I like Zia's Ultimate Day Renewal. It has Argireline and something else in it (maybe the grapeseed oil?) also adds a nice bit of glow. I always wake up with prettier-looking skin after using this at night.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:13 am      Reply with quote
luyan wrote:
lucyluc wrote:

But they are really very expensive. More cost-effective products to choose from.

I'd heard of Revive before but never investigated until I saw lucy's post. I'm not exactly known for being thrifty, however even I did a bit of a double-take when I saw the price of the Peau Magnifique! Still, if it works for you, I guess it's worth it.

As far as I can see, main active seems to be EGF, and some other stuff ??
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:09 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |