Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

How to Reverse Age Holistically
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Kandy
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
As I was talking with SeanySeanUK about the importance of approaching age reversal in a holistic way and what tools we can use for that, I thought it was worth to start a new thread about this.

I hope it is ok to post in this category section of the forum.. It is about 'DIY tools' such as using affirmations (and afformations during facial exercises, using energy selfhelp tools such as EFT, TAPAS accupressure etc) anyway, but a lot has to do with the philosophy behind these tools, so as an introduction to the holistic approach of skin rejuvenation, I want to post an interview with a renowned holistic minded dermatologist that I translated from Dutch with the help of google translator.

I've always been intrigued by his philosophy on skin rejuvenation from the moment I read this interview,
so here it is for you:

INTERVIEW ABOUT ANTI_AGING WITH HOLISTIC-MINDED DERMATOLOGIST KARAVANI:

"You come just in time," says Dr. Ilan Karavani, "I'm just about to bury my fish."

Doctor Karavani is an internationally renowned dermatologist. If there is a television announcer who is notable still looking young and smooth, then the chances are big that (s)he's already payed a visit in Karavani's twenty-something constituent clinic. In an article about the fight against skin aging, we *had* to interview him.

But it promises to be an unusual conversation. "This fish," he says, as we stand in his garden and he shows me the just deceased one he fished from his pond , "has overeaten itself." The fish skin looks indeed as if it's cracked. "A good illustration," he says, " of what I am about to tell you. A dead fish is not as beautiful as a living fish. Beauty and health go hand in hand."

While I am trying to overcome my first surprise, he squeezes a glass of carrot juice - his breakfast- and then he grabs the magazine of Touring Secours, browses to the appropriate page and highlights the head of a piece: "Healthy food, a lot of exercise, a positive outlook and live longer." "That is a correct conclusion," he says, "but how does it exactly work? That is never stated anywhere. "He takes sheets of paper, three colored pencils, drawing diagrams and starts to tell us his viewpoint on aging.

ILAN KARAVANI: "Look, the condition of a skin cell is not separate from the condition of the cells in the rest of your body - roughly a liver cell or a lungcel. The only difference is that the skin is on the outside and we we measure our beauty and aging from that. If our liver was on the outside, a whole lot of people also would want plastic surgery on their liver, you know ? General health and beauty go hand in hand, and it starts with the health of your cells. And that depends not only from what you eat but also how you live, who your friends are and what you keep yourself busy with."

INTERVIEWER: Euh?

KARAVANI: "You certainly did not expect this, huh? You wanted a story about creams and surgery, but those serve only for restoration works and what you achieve with that is never really that good, because it is not consistent with who you are. You can see it often, don't you think? A face that makes you think: she looks young, but something is not quite right. "

INTERVIEWER: Doesn't making such faces defines your job?

KARAVANI: "That is the picture that you have. I view skin rejuvenation holistically. Everything is connected to everything. A cell can not live without blood. Blood carries oxygen, food and information - information from the nervous system in the form of hormones amongst other things. Seventy times per minute that is being delivered to a cell. If the cell received unhealthy nutrition, lack of oxygen and incorrect information then it shrivels and dies off. Is the nutrition healthy, the information positive and if the blood pumps the cell full of oxygen, then it looks pretty, it is alive and it can divide and multiply itself.

"For the oxygen supply, the lung and heart and vascular system has to run well. You need to exercise alot, they say in Touring Secours, but that's not the point. Yogi masters don't go jogging. It is important to breathe properly, and they control their breathing perfectly. They can control their cells to that extent that they can increase the temperature in their lefthand with five degrees while the temperature in their righthand lowers five degrees. " And our hearts, we just need to take good care of. Love makes your heart beat. If you're in love tomorrow, your skin will look better in no time. That's why good relationships with your environment is very important. In Monaco there is a big heart hospital. You know why? Because dominating others is not good for your heart, and it are mostly managers who are affected by heart attacks.

"Eating healthy, what is that? Minimizing waste build! So choose food that is as close as possible to the natural ingredients you need. Very simple. And: eat little, and select food of good quality. The body in fact needs very little food. All waste and everything we eat too much, the cells have to drain, and with this we overload and age them. What they can't dispose, the body has to save and with that we poison our system. We would stay longer young and become much older if we were eating much less. Did you know that a person eats an average of one hundred tons in a human life? That is way too much.

"We stock out of fear: the fear that Mother Nature wouldn't provide enough for us. A basic trust in life and the universe and having the confidence that we will not be wronged, it is elementary. It has repercussions to the last cell. "Then there is the information from our nervous system, our thinking. Everyone talks about the positive outlook, even Touring Secours. Just a matter of having a good laugh and saying "Be happy!", they say. But that is not so. It's about knowing what your position in this world is, knowing what you can mean to this world and bring it here, and how you can pass that on until the last cell to yourself.

If you are not doing all of the above, then yes, you will age quickly - take for instance : people who eat few fruits and consume pasta's, alcohol and other fermenting substances, are often affected by drooping eyelids. Then you have to correct and match: pills for the heart and blood vessels, omega 3's, antioxidants, creams ... All quick fixes that you do not need if you take good care of your cells. Moreover, it is a drop in the ocean compared to what good food and good living does. Nothing works as powerful as a healthy blood flow that reaches your cell at seventy times per minute. "You still look strange, but I tell you, within a few decades this holistic approach to my profession will be commonplace."

INTERVIEWER: It is all very spiritual what you say and most spiritual people are averse to face lifts and botox injections. You combine two worlds that are often very conflicting.

KARAVANI: "It is very simple. I tell you how to maintain your house - that is the holistic approach. If you do not properly maintain your home and it creates a leak somewhere, you can call on me as a plumber and then I'll restore your plumbing leak. A plumber- if he sees your rotten pipes, will say: "Madam, you must take better care of your home." If you say: "Leave me alone. I'm busy, I have no time for that house, "then the plumber goes home and next time he'll fix the leak again, no?"

INTERVIEWER: So you are a 'priest-plumber' ?

KARAVANI: "Why not? If a lifting is successful, it may well be that because of that, you dare to make contact with your fellow man. Maybe it helps you to win the love of first one and then several people, so you step out of your isolation, slowly open your heart, your breathing deepens and your heart rate improves. The profession of priests and plumber go hand in hand. "

INTERVIEWER: What creams do you recommend for patients who come for anti-aging advice?

KARAVANI: "With cosmetics and wrinkle creams, you can only correct wrinkels up to a millimeter deep. If you want effect on deep wrinkles of several millimeters deep, then you have to graduate to medicines: injections, fillers and lifting. "

INTERVIEWER: You have renewed the skin biometrics with your insight: you have developped a computer program that can measure in detail how the skin ages, what treatment is appropriate and what the best cream is you can use.

KARAVANI: "Yes. Such measurement is essential. If you want to play tennis, you can not wear high heels either. With creams it's the same. I get people here who are outraged that their expensive cream doesn't make their skin more beautiful. But if you have oily skin and you smear a rich cream on it , then you get acne and you create a problem on top of it, no matter how expensive the cream is. The biggest gain you get from a cream is one that is perfectly adapted to your skin and your problem. You must first know under which category your skin falls. And that is not as classified by the perfume industry as: either dry, or fat, or a combination or sensitive. That is far too imprecise. I have more than a thousand different skin types in my computer. The computer measuring wrinkles, pores, skin structure, moisture content, evaporation rate, pigment, rosacea, temperature, the functioning of the skin barrier ... "

INTERVIEWER: Are you the only one in Belgium with such a computer?

KARAVANI: "There are a sixty-some allover the world. But the future for me is that in each perfume/ cosmetics shop such a computer will be available, so that everyone can measure their own skin, and this way know which creams will work efficiently. Then no one ever has to rely on advertising, and try out five pots of cream before finding the right one. If it is good then the entire cosmetics industry will change . Anyway, I'm first of all busy with improving the software. "

INTERVIEWER: People often think the more expensive the cream, the better. Is that correct?

KARAVANI: "The main difference between cheap and expensive creams is comfort. And the ingredients are often a little purer. It's just a matter of luxury. But if you just want results and nothing more, you're also served with a basic cream. "

INTERVIEWER: And which basic creams are they then?

KARAVANI: "If you want to counter aging, there are a few things important.
A: remove the dead cell layers by a scrub or - in extremis - a fruit acid peeling. Then soothe the skin, for example extracts from chestnuts. Then relax the skin with Myokine, for example. And finally, preventing the aging of the skin with substances that have proven to improve the functioning of the cells. These are tretinoin - only available with prescription- and its derivatives for the industry: retinol and retinaldehyde. The antioxidants, including vitamin C and E are known, have proven to have effect. And the latest antioxidants - the soy extracts, green tea, and a whole range of other substances - also seem to work. And then there are also ingredients that stop pigment spots caused by aging. "

INTERVIEWER: What do you do?

KARAVANI: "I scrub every day and I use vitamin C. I pay special attention to my lifestyle. The 'one bullet-idea' of the past -that with one therapy per problem, you can solve everything - no longer exists. It is a comprehensive approach. I've adapted my practice to the holistic approach. "

INTERVIEWER:I still find it strange that you are so spiritual, and yet have one of the largest anti-aging clinics in Belgium.

KARAVANI: "Look, I am of Jewish descent, the grandson of a famous rabbi. I was preordained to become a rabbi himself. Untill my sixteenth I was trained for that. I eventually opted for science, but for me it is a very logical thing to unite the two.
"Now, I've lately been reorienting and focused myself more on what I think I should do in this life. I get rid more and more from what does not belong to me. We have for instance significantly reduced the invasive procedures in our practice. We have developped other techniques.

Most faces actually have no excess in skin, but a shortage in fat, they are say, run down. We now often fill faces with their own fat. I also still do some big surgery, but with each treatment belongs a leaflet that says the bigger picture is that I assume that it really hasn't got much point in lifting or filling if you do not also decide to change internally. I want to offer a comprehensive program, a long-term approach that really works anti-aging. We can really rejuvenate, we can turn the clock back as long as you watch your diet, your breathing and correct thinking and dealings with people."

"Did you know we are almost of the same age? You didn't think so, huh."

As we say goodbye, I remain amazed about his forty-six years old but perfectly smooth, wrinkle-free face.

Swissmom
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
Kandy, thank you so very much for posting that. It was a very interesting article.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:27 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |