Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Face felt slimy when washed in the morning??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:31 am      Reply with quote
I'll explain more in case some of you don't get it Very Happy What happened is...I usually moisturized my face at night before sleep. The next morning when I woke up, I went and washed my face, and my face felt slimy and slippery when washing. It felt like the cream/gel from the night before is still there and not fully absorbed into the skin yet. Perhaps it was just sitting on my face and that was why it was slimy when I washed it in the morning? Is that normal? Is that a good or bad thing? Anyone experienced that too? Confused
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
Haven't had that happen to me but it sounds like it was from your moisturizer. Was it new or have you used it before?
blueeyes
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
this has happened to me if the moisturiser I have used has just been to rich for me
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
Silicones are most likely the culprit...

They are designed to form a layer on the top of the skin, which seals in the moisture, and *hopefully* some nice actives.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl, yeah it was my first time using it.

blueeyes , oh so does that mean the cream is too rich for me? I tried a lighter lotion texture moisturizer before, there's still some slight sliminess the next morning but not as much.

Kassy_A I believe there're some silicones in it. So is that a good thing in a night cream/gel? I feel the product is not penetrating into my skin.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
Stardustdy wrote:

Kassy_A I believe there're some silicones in it. So is that a good thing in a night cream/gel? I feel the product is not penetrating into my skin.

I could probably tell you more if I know which cream we were talking about.. Ingredient list would be helpful too.

If it's loaded with nice actives, as well as a few silicones, then it would be great to use at night because it would work in conjunction with our natual nightly repair/renew system.

Keep in mind that silicones are not designed to 'penetrate' the skin. There main function is to seal in the actives and moisture, by forming a film/seal on top of the skin.. They also work well as a makeup primer because of the 'slip'...

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Stardustdy wrote:

I could probably tell you more if I know which cream we were talking about.. Ingredient list would be helpful too.

If it's loaded with nice actives, as well as a few silicones, then it would be great to use at night because it would work in conjunction with our natual nightly repair/renew system.

Keep in mind that silicones are not designed to 'penetrate' the skin. There main function is to seal in the actives and moisture, by forming a film/seal on top of the skin.. They also work well as a makeup primer because of the 'slip'...

Hi Kassy A,
Here're the ingredients. It's the Lise Watier Total Moisture Night Creme Gel. Thanks! =)

Aqua (Water), Biosaccharide Gum-1, Glycerin, Squalane, Polyacrylamide, Phenyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Polysorbate 60, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Rumex Occidentalis Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Ceramide 3, Sphingolipids, Tocopheryl Acetate, Fragrance, Cyclomethicone, Dimethiconol, Myristyl Lactate, Ethylhexyl Cocoate, Cetyl Alcohol, Polyperfluoromethylisopropyl Ether, Laureth-7, Myristyl Alcohol, BHT, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben.
woshididi
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
Yes. I have to wash it every morning otherwise it will feel oily.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
Well it certainly has some rich ingredients in there, and yes, silicone and other occlusive ingredients.. Looks like with glycerin being that high on the list, would leave a greasy, slimy feeling also Wink

Many of the ingredients aren't designed to penetrate the skin, so if you don't mind the slip, I'd say let your skin be your guide..

You might want to re think using that every single night though, unless your skin is very dry. It's only my humble opinion, but that many parabens on a daily diet might not be a geat idea.

Now I wish I didn't ask you for the product, because I don't want to sound negative, but I honestly don't think the *few* good ingredients outweigh the not so nice stuff...

Bet it doesn't have an expiration date though.. Smile

Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Well it certainly has some rich ingredients in there, and yes, silicone and other occlusive ingredients.. Looks like with glycerin being that high on the list, would leave a greasy, slimy feeling also Wink

Many of the ingredients aren't designed to penetrate the skin, so if you don't mind the slip, I'd say let your skin be your guide..

You might want to re think using that every single night though, unless your skin is very dry. It's only my humble opinion, but that many parabens on a daily diet might not be a geat idea.

Now I wish I didn't ask you for the product, because I don't want to sound negative, but I honestly don't think the *few* good ingredients outweigh the not so nice stuff...

Bet it doesn't have an expiration date though.. Smile

Hi Kassy, yeah it doesn't have an expiration date. I do have a feeling it's not a so~ great products cuz of the preservatives and chemicals? Also, it's not like too cheap too for me. hhm my skin is kinda dry recently due to the cold weather and flaking. So what's a nice brand that I can use at night to hydrate my skin well? Thanks! =) Smile
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
Oh yes Stardusty, this happens all the time with me. Doesn't matter whose moisturizer I use. I like it though, makes skin feel very soft. You don't want squeaky clean.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
Stardustdy wrote:
[
Hi Kassy, yeah it doesn't have an expiration date. I do have a feeling it's not a so~ great products cuz of the preservatives and chemicals? Also, it's not like too cheap too for me. hhm my skin is kinda dry recently due to the cold weather and flaking. So what's a nice brand that I can use at night to hydrate my skin well? Thanks! =) Smile

I just bought the 'Cera Ve' Moisturizing Lotion' (12 oz for $12.99) and I like it very much. Here are the ingredients, which coincidentally has the best of what is in the product you are using (plus additional ceramides), but has a better lineup of preservatives. (Only 1 silicone + 2 parabens, verses the 3 + 5 in your's.)

'Cera Ve' Moisturizing Lotion

Water (Purified), Glycerin, Capric/Caprylic Triglycerides, Behentrimonium Methosulfate/Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6 II, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Dimethicone, Polysorbate 20, Polyglyceryl 3 Diisostearate, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

You can have a look at the entire line here at drugstore.com, with an ingredient list for each... You don't have to spend a lot of money for a decent, effective moisturizer, or any skincare products, IMHO.

http://www.drugstore.com/templates/brand/default.asp?brand=49240&aid=336064&aparam=cerave%20cream&scinit1=cerave%20cream

Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kassy, thanks for posting the ingredients. What do you think of Juice Beauty Antioxidant Cream? It doesn't seem to have any silicones or preservatives parabens in it? Smile
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
Stardustdy wrote:
Hi Kassy, thanks for posting the ingredients. What do you think of Juice Beauty Antioxidant Cream? It doesn't seem to have any silicones or preservatives parabens in it? Smile

Hi Star, is this the one you mean?

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/juice-beauty-antioxidant-p_4770.htm

Ingredients
organic juices of vitis vinifera (white grape) juice, citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) juice & aloe barbadensis leaf juice, glycerin, vitis vinifera (grape) seed oil, organic essential fatty acids of oenothera biennis (evening primrose), linum usitatissimum (linseed) seed & borago officinali (borage) seed, organic algae extract, ubiquinone (coenzyme Q10), thioctic acid (alpha-lipoic acid), magnesium ascorbyl phosphate (vitamin C), dipeptide-2, palmitoyl tetrapeptide-3, tocopheryl acetate & tocopherol (vitamin E), retinyl palmitate (vitamin A), sclerotium gum, phenoxyethanol, sodium hydroxide, benzyl alcohol, disodium edta, phospholipids, hyaluronic acid, dimethylaminoethanol (DMAE), potassium sorbate, amyris balsamifera & litsea cubeba (may chang) pure essential oils.

I love this one, and add extra actives to it (ingredients in bold)

I also love the 'soothing serum'

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/juice-beauty-soothing-ser-p_7975.htm

Ingredients
organic juices of vitis vinifera (white grape) juice, rubus idaeus (red raspberry) juice & aloe barbadensis leaf juice, glycerin, organic cucumis sativus (cucumber) extract, organic botanical extracts of glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root, arctostaphylos uva ursi (bearberry) leaf, rubus idaeus (red raspberry) leaf, calendula officinalis flower & matricaria chamomilla flower, organic algae extract, vitis vinifera (grape) seed oil, organic essential fatty acids of oenothera biennis (evening primrose), linum usitatissimum (linseed) seed & borago officinali (borage) seed, organic sesamum indicum (sesame) seed oil, tocopherol & tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E), panthenol (vitamin B5), magnesium ascorbyl phosphate (vitamin C), phospholipids, retinyl palmitate (vitamin A), hesperidin methyl chalcone (vitamin P), potassium sorbate, hyaluronic acid, sclerotium gum, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcohol, disodium EDTA, sodium hydroxide, limonene, linalool, lavandula angustifolia, tanacetum annuum (blue chamomile) & anthemis nobilis (roman chamomile) pure essential oils.

And 'oil free moisturizer'

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/juice-beauty-oil-free-moi-p_4773.htm

Ingredients
organic juices of pyrus malus (apple) juice, vitis vinifera (white grape) juice, punica granatum (pomegranate) juice & aloe barbadensis leaf juice, organic cucumis sativus (cucumber) extract, organic botanical extracts of taraxacum officinale (dandelion) leaf, melissa offficinalis (lemon balm) leaf & salvia officinalis (sage) leaf, glycerin, caprylic/capric triglyceride, alkyl benzoate, retinyl palmitate (vitamin A), panthenol (vitamin B5), tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E), organic algae extract, organic cera alba (beeswax), ascorbyl palmitate (vitamin C), ethylhexyl (octyl) palmitate, cetearyl alcohol, cetearyl glucoside, sodium pca, sodium hyaluronate, xanthan gum, disodium edta, sodium hydroxide, phenoxyethanol, citrus aurantium (sweet orange & petitgrain) & cinnamomum camphora (ho wood) pure essential oils.

Which are all favs, as are the 10oz body lotions.. I love Juice Beauty products for so many reasons.. ♥

System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:43 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |