Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anyone tried the facial massager tool from the body shop?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
sweetsweettart
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:21 am      Reply with quote
wonder how it works...

http://www.thebodyshop-usa.com/prod978813
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:42 am      Reply with quote
I've seen similar devices before, and they basically are little rollers on the end of a stick, so you begin at the jawline, and move the device up (so the end part turns and it stimulates the skin and connective tissue).

From memory the one I had from Japan had guidelines of doing from the jawline to forehead, and then doing it horizontally, across the face. The believe is that your stimulate the tissue. Some people use them with a cleanser also.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:29 pm      Reply with quote
Yes. It has a number of massage tools. But I do not think effective.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:49 am      Reply with quote
hey,
i got this from the bodyshop a few months ago while i was stocking up on brushes for dry brushing. its very easy to use... it rolls without snagging. the white roller head is a soft rubber, rounded at every angle, and feels nice on the face. the white head looks strange but it is quite soft and gentle... it gives a unique facial massage though time consuming.

it comes in a clear zip lock bag with a small fold out instruction pamphlet....

directions...
the nodular design ensures an in-depth massage of the skin without dragging or damaging delicate skin tissue. gently roll across the face and neck in the direction indicated. massage helps stimulate circulation, improving skin's natural radiance. use nightly after cleansing, toning and moisturizing to encourage better absorption of moisturiser. rinse after use.

then there are picture diagrams of a face and arrows...
1) up and down the forehead
2) up and down the cheek area (below eye to lip line)
3) diagonally from the corner of the lips to the cheek-temple area
4) up and down the neck.

they didn't have a large selection of natural brushes. i picked up a few and had to get the rest from the health food store and bedbody and beyond.

if you check at various health food stores, i found more manual face massagers there. HTH

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
sweetsweettart
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:08 am      Reply with quote
ok. so is this a waste of time? I am in my early 20s, could this be like a super super mild version of derma rolling (pressure/massage and circulation)? It says it can help with product penetration. or would dry brushing be better or both together?
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:26 am      Reply with quote
i got it cuz i like to collect such things, in case they come in handy.
in this case, i wouldn't think so. i positively know you can get better. the bodyshop massager head is only approx 1.5 inches in length (very small)

if you look at this hand held shower body brush which i picked up at bb&b. the head comes off (adjustable)... they come in a variety of function heads eg, brush, roller massager, stimulator, etc. the head actually has a small handle that you can use to slide on and off, interchanging different heads. the small head handle is also useful when you're using the head as a hand held eg massaging the face and neck. sometimes you can see the diff heads in walmart. i found diff heads at the dollar store and stocked up.

one head in particular, the roller with 5 soft rounded balls embedded in the head that independently roll would be another nice device for gentle product penetration.

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:47 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |