Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Smashbox Halo Hydrating Powder
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
babs1031
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:04 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone out there tried this mineral makeup by Smashbox? If so, what are your likes/dislikes?
Bermie
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:47 am      Reply with quote
Yes I have this at the moment. I really like it. I use a liquid foundation first though, and then just sweep over with this, it does give a beautiful finish. My only problem was I bought the medium and I am pretty fair skinned (especially if I haven't fake tanned!) I think I should have got the fair.

but I would definately recommend it, a friend also uses it and she loves it too. HTH.
babs1031
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:49 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the input. I will let you know if I decide to try it.
chenhui
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
Their Blush is the magic glue, just squeeze the time to open is transparent, but smeared on his face as pink, and very fun to use.
3rd.oculus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:49 pm      Reply with quote
Does it really do what the name says? All the powders I've tried so far have been drying.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:04 am      Reply with quote
Does it not give enough coverage on it's own that a regular foundation is necessary underneith?

TIA
DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:09 am      Reply with quote
Here's the ingredient list for anyone interested.

Mica, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Isopropyl Linoleate, Synthetic Wax, Polymethyl-silsesquioxane, Water, Zinc Stearate, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Silica, Caprylyl Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Barium Sulfate, Dimethylacrylamide/Acrylic Acid/Polystyrene Ethyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Ethoxydiglycol, Sodium Dehydroaceatate, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract (Goji Berry), Trisodium Edta, Peat Extract, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Palmitoyl Hexapeptide-14, Dimethicone, Gold. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

http://www.smashbox.com/HALO-HYDRATING-PERFECTING-POWDER

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
THanks for the ingredient list, DM. It's good to see that it doesn't have talc.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
I have this, and it is great for use around the eyes since it does not settle into lines.

However, if your skin has a tendency to be oily at all, you are better off using this around the eyes only, and a non-hydrating mineral powder on the t-zone. Once I figured that out, I was very happy with it.

The colors do tend to be a little on the dark side, so if you are on the edge between 2 colors, go with the lighter one. (I use the Fair one)

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Does it not give enough coverage on it's own that a regular foundation is necessary underneith?

TIA
DM

I do not use anything underneath it....no need!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

TIA
DM

I do not use anything underneath it....no need!

That's good to know! Thanks Bethany. Smile
I was glad to see no talc either.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
bethany - would you say the fair has more of a pink, yellow, or orange cast?

TIA
blesstd
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:45 pm      Reply with quote
I stopped in Ulta this weekend looking for a new foundation. After hearing the sales person rave about this foundation with anti oxidants, I decided to try it. I did not purchase it and instead let the sales person wipe off my foundation and apply the Halo in Light. The shade looked a tad too light but she explained the color adjusted slightly to your skin color. FYI, I am 51 yo with the usual issues of mature skin. My skin is also oily in the t-zone.

Initially, I was very impressed with it's skin-like appearance. It evened-out my skin tone without looking mask-like. My skin looked fresh and dewy, and I was very pleased. I left the store, intending to wear it for a while and return to purchase it despite the hefty price of $59!

Well, as the day wore on, I thought the color darkened but assumed it was due to the lighting I was in. However, while outdoors I asked my husband to notice my foundation and he said it looked slightly dark. By the end of the day, I looked like the foundation disappeared.

.... and my quest for the perfect foundation for mature skin continues....
Star Model
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:38 am      Reply with quote
I occasionally use the Halo Hydrating Powder. I does give nice coverage and imparts a natural glow to your complexion. Very Happy

The colors are a little off though. They tend to run dark as mentioned by a few others. So, If you normally fall into a Medium Shade, go for the Light. Light Shades may want to go with Fair etc., etc.
clustersof3
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
I have the Halo powder and really like it because it doesn't highlight any imperfections, just gives a smooth finish. I've used it alone, but it works well over a bit of foundation or tinted moisturizer too. One thing I've found, and I'm sure this is true of most mineral powder foundations, - less is best - start with very small amounts and build the colour gradually.
I think they really need to add more colour choices. I believe there's only 4 or 5 and they're all very yellow-based.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
3rd.oculus wrote:
bethany - would you say the fair has more of a pink, yellow, or orange cast?

TIA

Definitely yellow.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:20 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |