Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
Vaculifter or DermaWand
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
tracy46
5% products discount

Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
I have spent so much money on skincare this year..from Copper peptides to a AA lightstim....
I have settled with using my microfiber cloth, vitamin c serum, retin A and the AALS. Seeing results finally!
I have been looking at the DermaWand and the Vaculifter to add to my collection lol, Which one do you think would help the most for firming my going south jaws and above the lip lines. I treasure this website and the input from all you folks. Thanks in advance for your responses.
Merrylass
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
I do not have the dermawand but I do have the vaculifter and I believe it is a very versatile tool. I combine OCM (oil cleansing method) with the vaculifter in the morning and it really cleans my skin AND provides an excellent massage.
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
hi,
i have the dermawand. the working surface is very small... the size of a quarter or so. i like the idea that it is versatile and can be used on clean face or with any product... but it is very time consuming. usually i try really hard to finish a routine, but never accomplish it.

if the dermawand had a bigger surface area, it would be fab! right now it is sitting in a cloth case in my spa area with some other gadgets.
HTH

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:56 am      Reply with quote
Tracy,

For firming - I would say Vaculifter and facial exercise; later on you may add a professional High Frequency device (for ozone) - such as Violet Ray fromwww.beautifulonraw.com (they also have a good explanation of how and why it works).

HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:57 am      Reply with quote
I have both the Vaculifter and Dermawand and think they're both very useful tools - I use them regularly. However, I've not had any success in improving my sagging jawline. I've tried just about everything (as you can see from my extensive list of gadgets) but nothing seems to make a visible improvement to sag.

I've recently purchased a "professional" high frequency device with 200,000 hertz fromwww.palaciabeautydevice.com because I wanted a stronger version of the Dermawand - haven't received it yet though.

I definitely recommend the Vaculifter, it really does a great job of bringing the blood to the skin surface which is very beneficial.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:44 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
I have both the Vaculifter and Dermawand and think they're both very useful tools - I use them regularly. However, I've not had any success in improving my sagging jawline. I've tried just about everything (as you can see from my extensive list of gadgets) but nothing seems to make a visible improvement to sag.

I've recently purchased a "professional" high frequency device with 200,000 hertz fromwww.palaciabeautydevice.com because I wanted a stronger version of the Dermawand - haven't received it yet though.

I definitely recommend the Vaculifter, it really does a great job of bringing the blood to the skin surface which is very beneficial.

I wholeheartedly agree with all you have said but would just ask you this.. At 60, what kind of sag do you think we'd be looking at if it we weren't using our lovely gadgets.. Shock

I've managed to keep everything under control in the sag department except that one little jowl pouch that is a total thorn in my side... Mad So far I've never had any fillers or botox or the like, but when things get beyond *my* control, I just might look into some form of fillers. I'm not horrified at the thought of just being the best damn 60 year old I can be naturally either. Feeling young, healthy and vibrant, and enjoying life's blessings along the way, are what's most important to me.

In my experience the aging process is a viscous and unrelenting downhill slide following menopause... Keeping one step ahead, and *slowing* that down, to me is a realistic goal. So far, so good!

ETA: Wish I knew way back then, (when I was a youngun in my 40's), what I know now, thanks to EDS!

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
At 60, what kind of sag do you think we'd be looking at if it we weren't using our lovely gadgets.. Shock

My jowls would be resting on my knees! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
Just saw Heidi Klum on the red carpet at the Grammies - she looked fabulous of course, but I noticed she's developed marionette pouches - happens to the best of us! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
I can only reply on the Vaculifter... great success on my eye bags and on a general face detoxing slimming effect, plus I do the Tanaka massage (yet I started the vaculifter way before I learned about the massage and did a good job).
Kassy_A, what would you have done before your 40's? Seeing your results nowadays it is a bit difficult to imaging you could do any better!
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
Must add I remember seeing Kassy_A mentioned the vaculifter helped on the upper lip wrinkles... Keeping the upper lip tight and using the vaculifter over that tight lip. May be wrong here though.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
You're very sweet ATester, thank you.. Embarassed

If I knew then, what I know now, these are the things I would do differently;

- Not spend every summer tanning my hyde, while basting with iodine and baby oil

- Never smoke

- Use sun protection more regularly

- Treat myself to facials at a spa (It's still on my list, but I've never been in spa, other than once on a medical call... Embarassed One of these days though!)

- And finally, I would have loved to have had a couple of nice gadgets that I could have been using all these years while the collagen and elastin foundation was still very salvageable.

With that in mind I would choose the Vaculifter, because 1st and foremost I believe that increased circulation to the skin on a regular basis is the most beneficial thing we can do. I would then find a quality micro current machine which I really believe if done correctly, and while muscles are still firmly supported, would keep that foundation much longer than if nature just takes it's course..(Jeez, could I get that sentence any longer.. Rolling Eyes : ) And last but not least I'd for sure have an LED to keep the collagen flourishing.

And yes, you are right about my use of the 'V' for the dreaded lip lines... I'm happy to say I eradicated those with my trust little V... Laughing (Lip stretched tightly over mouth, plenty of oil, and 100 times back and forth across the entire upper lip.)

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Just saw Heidi Klum on the red carpet at the Grammies - she looked fabulous of course, but I noticed she's developed marionette pouches - happens to the best of us! Laughing

She'll have that dealt with in a darn hurry. Soon as she see's the outtakes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:

And yes, you are right about my use of the 'V' for the dreaded lip lines... I'm happy to say I eradicated those with my trust little V... Laughing (Lip stretched tightly over mouth, plenty of oil, and 100 times back and forth across the entire upper lip.)

Wow Kassy that is a remarkable accomplishment for the upper lip area. So many people struggle and never are able to made a difference there. That is worthy of starting a thread about because many people could be helped with that information.....and by George I think I boogie dance to thatImage

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
You're very sweet ATester, thank you.. Embarassed

If I knew then, what I know now, these are the things I would do differently;

- Not spend every summer tanning my hyde, while basting with iodine and baby oil

- Never smoke

- Use sun protection more regularly

- Treat myself to facials at a spa (It's still on my list, but I've never been in spa, other than once on a medical call... Embarassed One of these days though!)

- And finally, I would have loved to have had a couple of nice gadgets that I could have been using all these years while the collagen and elastin foundation was still very salvageable.

With that in mind I would choose the Vaculifter, because 1st and foremost I believe that increased circulation to the skin on a regular basis is the most beneficial thing we can do. I would then find a quality micro current machine which I really believe if done correctly, and while muscles are still firmly supported, would keep that foundation much longer than if nature just takes it's course..(Jeez, could I get that sentence any longer.. Rolling Eyes : ) And last but not least I'd for sure have an LED to keep the collagen flourishing.

Kassy - You are a dedication to the cause. No matter the previous skin sins - anyones! you have been a supporter of improvement by virtue of all of the things you do, the recipes you share and the pictures you put out there. You also let us know that 60 can be a beautiful age - that is a huge accomplishment. Not many at 50+ could think of having your following, hanging on your recipes and wanting to know more. Way to go. You have reached a wide age range.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:

Wow Kassy that is a remarkable accomplishment for the upper lip area. So many people struggle and never are able to made a difference there. That is worthy of starting a thread about because many people could be helped with that information.....and by George I think I boogie dance to thatImage

Boogie dance indeed Missy... Laughing

I've shared that info for months here and there.. I know Riley tried it, but I think she got some broken caps as a result..

I got a few broken caps when I first used the V, but plowed on anyway... Things improved once the veins strenghthened.

Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:04 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
I've shared that info for months here and there.. I know Riley tried it, but I think she got some broken caps as a result..

I got a few broken caps when I first used the V, but plowed on anyway... Things improved once the veins strenghthened.

I think Riley has some kind of blood platelet disorder for which the Vaculifter is a no-no.

I honestly think the Vaculifter has improved my broken caps (which used to be really bad). I think they do tend to look worse before they get better because the Vaculifter brings the blood to the skin's surface. But after a while they start to diminish.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
llina wrote:
hi,
i have the dermawand. the working surface is very small... the size of a quarter or so. i like the idea that it is versatile and can be used on clean face or with any product... but it is very time consuming. usually i try really hard to finish a routine, but never accomplish it.

if the dermawand had a bigger surface area, it would be fab! right now it is sitting in a cloth case in my spa area with some other gadgets.
HTH

I can't understand why you find the Dermawand time consuming to use. The recommended treatment time is 5 minutes. The size of the head is irrelevant IMHO. The device should be slowly and lightly moved over the skin in a zigzag motion. To finish, you can use upward strokes - and for a lift, the head can be held on the skin for a few moments. All of this takes no time at all, so how you find it hard to finish a routine, I can't figure out.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
llina wrote:
hi,

HTH

I can't understand why you find the Dermawand time consuming to use. The recommended treatment time is 5 minutes. The size of the head is irrelevant IMHO. The device should be slowly and lightly moved over the skin in a zigzag motion. To finish, you can use upward strokes - and for a lift, the head can be held on the skin for a few moments. All of this takes no time at all, so how you find it hard to finish a routine, I can't figure out.

actually the dermawand head is smaller than a dime. don't see immediate results and there isn't much sensation to the treatment either. i think that's way i tend to stay in one area of the face to see if i can get better results.

doing it this way takes forever, and i usually don't finish a routine.

i still wish the active head was larger... it would cover more surface area.

i'm glad you like, i don't.

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
llina wrote:
hi,

HTH

and don't get your panties in a bunch! i'm not staying on this thread.

Quote:
I have spent so much money on skincare this year..from Copper peptides to a AA lightstim....
I have settled with using my microfiber cloth, vitamin c serum, retin A and the AALS. Seeing results finally!
I have been looking at the DermaWand and the Vaculifter to add to my collection lol, Which one do you think would help the most for firming my going south jaws and above the lip lines. I treasure this website and the input from all you folks. Thanks in advance for your responses.

just as tracy46 has requested, i gave her my honest input. that is my honest input as i am not trying to convince anyone of this or the other. i really don't care if she/he want to buy whatever product/gadget. but if someone asks me for my input, i give it honestly and simply.

as for you not understand what i am able and not able to do in my skincare routine... i really don't care.
i think you're RUDE!

ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
I have both and I use the Vaculifter most (with OCM), the Dermawand really when I have a spot (or zit) to zap, sometimes before a night out when I remember.

I had facial surgery and an undereye bleph just over 2 months ago so was a bit nervous about tugging the skin with the Vaculifter. Is it safe to use it again? Probably over-cautious! And would it be effective on my scars? I have a slight hypertropic scar on one side.

llina: I'm sure Keliu wasn't being confrontational, the Dermawand doesn't really take up a lot of time. Especially compared to LED devices and the like. I need over an hour for my AALS!

We all have gadgets that fall to the wayside, it's no big deal.

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:02 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:
I know Riley tried it, but I think she got some broken caps as a result..

I think Riley has some kind of blood platelet disorder for which the Vaculifter is a no-no.

Yes, Keliu, you are correct. Very Happy I have ITP and the vaculifter caused horrible purpura for me above my upper lip, not broken caps. Nanci didn't think I should continue with it due to what it was doing to my skin.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:59 pm      Reply with quote
Iliana - in no way was I intending to be confrontational or rude - sorry if I came across that way.

But I couldn't understand how the size of the head impacted on the treatment as the device is meant to be constantly moved over the face. It is only held in one place at a time to treat pimples - and for that job the head is quite large enough.

The treatment time for the Dermawand is 5 minutes, and as Ljk said, compared to devices like an LED which take up to an hour, the treatment time is very quick.

Your comments lead me to presume that you might not be using the device correctly - I apologize again if I came across in an abrupt manner - but sometimes that happens with internet conversations when using the written word. I in no way meant to undermine your opinion. Sorry!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:25 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Iliana - in no way was I intending to be confrontational or rude - sorry if I came across that way.

But I couldn't understand how the size of the head impacted on the treatment as the device is meant to be constantly moved over the face. It is only held in one place at a time to treat pimples - and for that job the head is quite large enough.

The treatment time for the Dermawand is 5 minutes, and as Ljk said, compared to devices like an LED which take up to an hour, the treatment time is very quick.

Your comments lead me to presume that you might not be using the device correctly - I apologize again if I came across in an abrupt manner - but sometimes that happens with internet conversations when using the written word. I in no way meant to undermine your opinion. Sorry!!

i'm sorry too. *hugs*
i really love this place and want to love all the members... you too!
love you! *big smile for keliu*

AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:12 am      Reply with quote
I am looking into the Vaculifter and am curious as to what size to order, girls.
I want to use it on my face and maybe upper thighs .

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
Also, is there a big difference in the face and body one? I am probably going to have to choose one or my hubby will give me that look for ordering YET ANOTHER gadget.
Which should i go with and size that might work for both?

Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:34 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |