Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Documentary: Super Botox Me
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
LondonJamie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
Has anybody ever watched this documentary?

I saw it recently, and it gives a very candid look into anti-aging procedures.

Kate is a 40 year old journalist from England and she travels to NYC and LA. She meets with DR. Brandt and other surgeons. Inevitably, she tries out botox, fraxel lasers, sculptra, and fillers.

A real eye-opener.

http://www.newfreefilms.com/2009/05/23/super-botox-me-the-ugly-truth-about-beauty/

There is a link to watch it at the bottom of the page.

Curent Regime: Cosmetic Skin Solutions CE Ferulic and Phloretin/ Revale Intensive Serum / NIA 24 Intensive Recovery Complex cream / Jojoba and Squalane oils / Avene Emulsion SPF 50 & Prevage City Smart SPF 50 / Skinceuticals Retinol 1.0/ Dermaroller / Facial exercises
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
Wow.. thanks for posting.

I thought she was quite pretty to start. Yes, her eyes look exhausted. But the rest of her face has such pretty characters.

I kind of wonder what visual changes she could make if she were to correct her lifestyle a bit.

She says she doesn't sleep much, she smokes, and drinks... Those are things she could correct for free.

And I have to say. The people that kept insisting how natural she looked, have themselves gone freakishly too far. How old do you think the Madonna Dr. is?

She talks of depression afterwards. I've heard this a lot.

Very educational.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
You're welcome Claudia. I'm glad you found it useful, its definitely an insightful look into the realities of all these injectables!

It was interesting that no one (apart from herself) considered that her 'arresting features' were due to her lifestyle, or made worst by it. Giving up smoking, getting proper sleep and eating healthier would have seen an improvement.

I actually think she looked quite natural at the end. Her lips surprised me becuase I am so used to seeing silly celebrities with over-filled lips that look ridiculous. Definitely encouraging.

Apparently Dr. Brandt is in his forties. His face is lineless, but I'm not convinced that he himself looks that natural. Newby Hands (blonde lady on the panel) has had botox and is in her fourties and she looks natural, and alot younger than 40.

However Dr. B does seem to achieve great work on his patients. Here is a video of him on the View with his clients with before and after shots. They do look very good and, more importantly, natural:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=949No3QJlhM

Here is a video of him talking about volume loss and performing botox injections on a male client:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hAtU2eK7Ec

I haven't looked into his skincare that much but I am considering buying his book '10 Minutes/10 Years' that I came across whilst reading an article by him. Here is the article:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-461095/The-sweet-truth-Ditch-sugar-look-years-younger.html

Smile

Curent Regime: Cosmetic Skin Solutions CE Ferulic and Phloretin/ Revale Intensive Serum / NIA 24 Intensive Recovery Complex cream / Jojoba and Squalane oils / Avene Emulsion SPF 50 & Prevage City Smart SPF 50 / Skinceuticals Retinol 1.0/ Dermaroller / Facial exercises
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
Ok... NOW I can't find it... but I read yesterday that he was 59 in 2008(??) I'll see if I can find it... If you look at the 2nd youtube video, while he's injecting the german guy... Cover his cheeks with your thumb. It LOOKS like you're looking at an old man, hair and all.. Then those pumped out cheeks. I think he's gone over the top with himself. The first video, he does not look like he can move much of his face except his mouth. That said, it does look as though he's quite talented with placement. I would think that if a person didn't get nutz, they'd look really nice after a visit him.

Now... that fraxel treatment... WOW... I just don't have the stomach for that. I think it made the biggest difference in her appearance. (the journalist)... BUT the bleeding eyes would scare the hell out of me. The risk for infection and what that might do to your eyes and vision... OMG... This coming from a person that ran to the Ophthalmologist just last week for an eye problem that FREAKED me out!

HOWEVER, I did see some before and afters on some stretched out stomachs... That doesn't seem as scary... kind of like the derma rolling times a million in one day!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:55 pm      Reply with quote
Ok... here's the link to the article that states he's 59, which was written 9/2008... for whatever that is worth...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2008/sep/07/beauty.women1

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:34 pm      Reply with quote
He IS OLDER! I have to admit I typed in 40 with some trepidation becuase he does not look it, even with the lineless skin. Never trust the Daily Mail to get facts straight!

Dr. B has gone oveboard with his procedures and IMO he still looks like a man in his fifties. Yes, his hair also gives away his age.

Quote:
Now... that fraxel treatment... WOW... I just don't have the stomach for that. I think it made the biggest difference in her appearance. (the journalist)... BUT the bleeding eyes would scare the hell out of me. The risk for infection and what that might do to your eyes and vision... OMG... This coming from a person that ran to the Ophthalmologist just last week for an eye problem that FREAKED me out!

Oh god, the Fraxel was grotesque! It looked VERY painful! To have that much skin taken off...it literaly shaved half her skin off! I would have felt mutilated! I totally understand why she felt depressed afterwards.

It did make the biggest difference to her eyes but my god what an ordeal to go through. The bleeding eyes...yes...too much to handle. I would rather opt for some topicals with botox and fillers under the eye area.

LOL at the Guardian article mentioning Demi Moore and Madonna:

'There is no suggestion that the women mentioned above have had cosmetic work.'

Nope, their faces have got that task all covered!

Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:37 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for directing us to this video - I enjoyed it immensely and could relate to everything she said and was going through. However, at times I did feel like hitting her over the head! She had the opportunity to go to the best doctors and had it all done for free!

Let's face it, the reason that we are tempted to have all these procedures done is simply because they are now readily available to us. Throughout history women have manipulated the way they look in the name of beauty and status. Think of all the things tribal peoples do to themselves, ie the long-neck people, plates in the lips and ears etc etc and Chinese women with bound feet. This is not new territory, just new medicine.

I thought she looked great afterwards - the tired haggard look was totally gone. She looked vibrant and refreshed and still totally natural. I especially liked the cheeks, she achieved a good result with the Sculptra. However, I thought it was a worry that the doctor was going to do fat transfer over the Sculptra, even I know that that's a no no!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:47 am      Reply with quote
I think Dr. B looks very feminine somehow...try visualizing him with a wig..the lips especially.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
I always assumed Brandt was gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that! He and Barry Manilow look the same to me -- overdone. Laughing

Forget lasers. I'll go the slow and steady route with dermarolling.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
I think Dr. B looks very feminine somehow...try visualizing him with a wig..the lips especially.

Dr. Brandt looks hideous - as does the women in the middle on the "judging" panel. I would still love for Dr. B to come at me with one of his syringes though!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
marina wrote:

Dr. Brandt looks hideous - as does the women in the middle on the "judging" panel. I would still love for Dr. B to come at me with one of his syringes though!

I noticed her right away, it looks like her upper lip is thrust forward..kinda like a neo-neanderthal look.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
Agree. The woman with the uber lips looked very odd (to me).

It was an interesting perspective. Thanks for sharing with us. It would be "fun" to see what Dr. Brandt would do if you had the opportunity she did. As for him I find his cheeks way too large - overwhelming his face. He would make a great caricature subject.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks the video is very informative! I wish I could see the entire show. Dr. B. looks quiet scary. He looks exactly like a old man pumped full of botox. He does a good job of making people look natural but he has done a very poor job on himself.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:38 am      Reply with quote
Starlight wrote:
Thanks the video is very informative! I wish I could see the entire show. Dr. B. looks quiet scary. He looks exactly like a old man pumped full of botox. He does a good job of making people look natural but he has done a very poor job on himself.

To watch the entire show, just download the video player when the pop-up appears on the screen.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:51 am      Reply with quote
Thanks LondonJamie for posting link to the 'Kate' video. I can't watch it all now, but I'll be glad to have a look later on. What I did see was, er, quite an 'eye-opener'. Very Happy
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:48 am      Reply with quote
To watch the entire show, just download the video player when the pop-up appears on the screen.[/quote]thanks! I saw that but did not download because I am always concerned about damage to my hard drive!
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Starlight wrote:

To watch the entire show, just download the video player when the pop-up appears on the screen.
I just dowloaded the player but that website still does not allow me to play the entire video. Too bad: I really wanted to see it!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
OMGosh I wonder why not? It's so worth the watch. I was thinking today I wonder if she ever considered skincare products or facial exercise - that should be her next thing (after she quits ciggies).

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for informing me of the video. I watched it this morning and have decided I want nothing invasive right now. The fraxel scared me to death. Also, I cannot imagine getting that shot up with Botox. I would be so nervous over that, and I've had Botox but just for the lines between my brows.

I thought she looked great after, however she could have looked a lot better to begin with just if she had done what the airbrush guy said and used some great makeup techniques.

Anyway, some of the people looked freaky to me, but I'm all about everyone doing their own thing and making themselves happy.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
Finally got the adobe downloaded so I could watch this video! I found it absolutely fascinating and I thought Kate looked amazing and not overdone at all.

I really didn't know that Botox could be used so much in the lower portion of the face and neck. I'd really like to look into this as I could use a little lift in these areas.

Thank you LondonJaime for bringing this to our attention!

I also thought Dr. Brandt looked kind of scary!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:22 am      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for posting that link! I've been wanting to watch that but for some reason could not find the whole video. It was a very interesting perspective on what we all do for the sake of beauty. Definitely worth the watch....Wow!

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
I showed some of these to the BF last night. He got so into it he began looking at more of the youtubes of botox, etc.

He is a news junkie and I've told him all the women appear to have both loads of botox (most of them) and fillers and I wanted him to see what I meant.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, this really makes you stop and think. Kinda scary all the things the doctors were willing to do within 24-48 hours of each other.

I agree with the comments that makeup could have made a difference without all the pain of about 100 shots. Ouch!
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:14 pm      Reply with quote
I finally was able to see the entire video and WOW! I was very surprised what the docs. were willing to do in such a short period of time. I can not believe that many injections of botox would not be toxic. The fraxel treatment was tough to watch because it involved the eyes. I would be so afraid of going blind. I also did not know that Botox could do all that. I have never had any and now it seems a little bit might not be so bad. Thanks for posting the video!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
In Australia, when Botox is administered in the neck area it is referred to as The Nefertiti Neck Lift - it's the latest big thing here. Google it for before and afters.

I've never had it done - but I have had Botox placed near my marionette folds which is supposed to upturn the mouth. Can't say it did much for me though.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:53 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |