Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Antiaging wine
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
oranges
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:16 am      Reply with quote
Does drinking a glass of wine every night provide antiaging benefits? (Does it have reversitol in it) If so what kind of wine is best.
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:44 am      Reply with quote
Its believed to be red wine has reversitol in it, and that one glass a day does something to the heart capillaries from memory, but most people struggle with the one glass bit. Besides with reversitol, although its in red wine, your much better off getting that in supplement form as it can deliver much more than the glass could.

I have heard rumours that someone was making a potent antioxidant wine (David Wolfe's name I think was mentioned) but I've never found it or tasted it.
oranges wrote:
Does drinking a glass of wine every night provide antiaging benefits? (Does it have reversitol in it) If so what kind of wine is best.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:54 am      Reply with quote
The material you are asking about is know as Resveratrol. Resveratrol is 3,4,5-trihydroxy-trans-stilbene. It is a compound found in the skins of red fruits, grapes, seeds, berries (especially mulberries, peanuts, red wine, and various herbs.

Resveratrol occurs in two forms cis and trans Resveratrol, although the trans isomer is the form that is biologically active. It was first identified in the early 1980's as the pricipal active ingredient in the dried roots of Polygonum cuspidatum. This is a traditional Japanese and Chinese medicine used to treat a wide range of afflictions including fungal infections, various skin inflammations, and liver and cardiovascular disease. In the early 1990's scientist became interested in the "French Paradox" which was the surprisingly low incidence of cardiovascular disease observed in France among people consuming a rich, high-fat diet. Researchers proposed that the paradox may be due to the routine consumption by the French of resveratrol-rich red wine.

Studies that subsequently compared alcohol consumption to the risk of death from coronary heart disease revealed that those with the lowest risk drank red wind, while those who preferred other alcoholic beverages had the highest risk.

I've learned a lot about Resveratrol because I am currently under contract by a cosmetic company to produce a line of skin care products that contain Resveratrol for direct benefits to the skin. It is still early in the project. Once I have clinical testing data I will share it with the board.

But, from what I've learned about Resveratrol so far, I've become a believer in the health benefits of oral consumption of Resveratrol. As a matter of fact, I've added Resveratrol supplements as part of what Sandy and I take each morning as part of our daily supplement routine.

Hope this helps,

John

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
NOTCH wrote:
The material you are asking about is know as Resveratrol. Resveratrol is 3,4,5-trihydroxy-trans-stilbene. It is a compound found in the skins of red fruits, grapes, seeds, berries (especially mulberries, peanuts, red wine, and various herbs.

Resveratrol occurs in two forms cis and trans Resveratrol, although the trans isomer is the form that is biologically active. It was first identified in the early 1980's as the pricipal active ingredient in the dried roots of Polygonum cuspidatum. This is a traditional Japanese and Chinese medicine used to treat a wide range of afflictions including fungal infections, various skin inflammations, and liver and cardiovascular disease. In the early 1990's scientist became interested in the "French Paradox" which was the surprisingly low incidence of cardiovascular disease observed in France among people consuming a rich, high-fat diet. Researchers proposed that the paradox may be due to the routine consumption by the French of resveratrol-rich red wine.

Studies that subsequently compared alcohol consumption to the risk of death from coronary heart disease revealed that those with the lowest risk drank red wind, while those who preferred other alcoholic beverages had the highest risk.

I've learned a lot about Resveratrol because I am currently under contract by a cosmetic company to produce a line of skin care products that contain Resveratrol for direct benefits to the skin. It is still early in the project. Once I have clinical testing data I will share it with the board.

But, from what I've learned about Resveratrol so far, I've become a believer in the health benefits of oral consumption of Resveratrol. As a matter of fact, I've added Resveratrol supplements as part of what Sandy and I take each morning as part of our daily supplement routine.

Hope this helps,

John

So, John, is it valid to be consuming our Resveratrol in the form of red wine (please say yes!!) or is the supplement form considerably better?

rebecca

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
Well, that is a little hard to say. Without a doubt, getting things directly from nature is good. However, just how much Resveratrol can you get from one glass of red wine? Supplements are much more concentrated, but then the question there is how much has it been processed?

I made the following decision, I went with the supplements. I am not much of a wine drinker. I hardly ever touch it unless I'm on business travel in Europe, and then it often goes with the territory. However, I must admit I've started to have a glass of red wine with every Sunday night dinner now!

I guess the final choice will be up to you.

John

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
You need to drink an awful lot of red wine to get the amount of resveratrol that is packed in one little capsule, so much so that you may end up with dilated capillaries and a big, red nose (not anti-aging, not pretty). Please choose the capsule.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
Please see this link for the rest of the article that John quoted from;

http://cpmedical.net/articles.aspx?ProdID=art1623&zTYPE=2

A few decent research links can be found on the page also.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:38 am      Reply with quote
Septembergirl said it more beatiful than I could (but I tried), but her message mirrored my thinking too. THe capsules contain more than one glass (and you don't have to deal with the hangover either!).
Septembergirl wrote:
You need to drink an awful lot of red wine to get the amount of resveratrol that is packed in one little capsule, so much so that you may end up with dilated capillaries and a big, red nose (not anti-aging, not pretty). Please choose the capsule.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:22 am      Reply with quote
All of my docs recommend it, from derm to ob, so does my hubbys. Both my hubby and I take it. They have also said you have to ingest quite a bit to get the true benefits, so that's why the supplements work for us.
I like white wine here and there as the red makes me have migraines. I don't have that problem at all with the supplements as they don't contain the histamines.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:53 am      Reply with quote
i tried one glass of red wine everynight before sleep for like 4 monthes. all i noticed at the end is i got more pimples than before, wierd, huh. anyway, i stopped it, and everything back to normal....
LondonJamie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:23 am      Reply with quote
I love red wine, it's the only alcohol I drink.

Here is something information from Dr. Perricone:

Cabernet Sauvignon will keep you young

Red wine contains a powerful heart-healthy, anti-cancer, anti-aging antioxidant called resveratrol. It also appears that resveratrol helps protect the skin against the sun’s UV radiation. Cabernet Sauvignon grapes have the highest concentration of antioxidants. Just be sure to keep it to one glass, and have your wine with a meal to mitigate the inflammatory effects of alcohol.

Curent Regime: Cosmetic Skin Solutions CE Ferulic and Phloretin/ Revale Intensive Serum / NIA 24 Intensive Recovery Complex cream / Jojoba and Squalane oils / Avene Emulsion SPF 50 & Prevage City Smart SPF 50 / Skinceuticals Retinol 1.0/ Dermaroller / Facial exercises
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
SeanySeanUK wrote:
Septembergirl said it more beatiful than I could (but I tried), but her message mirrored my thinking too. THe capsules contain more than one glass (and you don't have to deal with the hangover either!).
Septembergirl wrote:

That was very nice of you to say (esp. to a foreigner Smile ).

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:22 am      Reply with quote
I read recently that if you are going to drink red wine, it should be organic and sulfite free. The authors mentioned Frey wineries, but I haven't tried it yet...but I do enjoy a good glass of red!

I honestly didn't read the research behind the recommendation but thought it worth mentioning!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
I agree that a nice glass of red wine can not only be beneficial for your heart but it helps to take the edge off of a busy day.

But I have read that even if taking resveratrol as a supplement you would need an excessive amount to really make a difference. Much more than what most people would take.

So I will stick with my daily glass of red wine. Razz
loribar
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
Cheers Star Model Here's to our health and beauty!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
I love and adore my glass of red at the end of the day..but all too often it becomes 2 glasses.

When I googled resveratrol as a supplement here is Aust. I hit on a website that said they had 70 free bottles to give away (cost of postage only $5) So of course I grabbed it!

For an Aussies reading

http://www.antioxwine.com/?aid=cx&sid=15099&hid=Wo-01211279AU#utm_source=cx&utm_medium=15099&utm_term=Wo-01211279AU&utm_content=ResVmax

Hope the link works.

rebecca

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
In any case, you need to adhere to. An appropriate amount of alcohol does the body good

Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:54 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |