Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Renova and peeling?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using Renova 0.025% for approx. 3 to 4 months. I am estimating because I truly can not remember exactly when I started. I use it every other night and after all this time I am peeling now. I thought I was home free with no redness, no adverse reaction and no peeling. Is this normal and is it going to get much worse?
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:25 am      Reply with quote
If it is winter where you live, that could be contributing to your peelies. I would take it as a good sign that your skin is rejuvenating and turning over. It's probably a better sign than never peeling! Take a day off now and then and use some emu oil or another heavy moisturizing oil.

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
LAT
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:27 am      Reply with quote
I agree with mtgirl, it's much easier to adjust to retin-a during the warmer months when there is more moisture in the air. Winter can be harsh on the skin even if your not using retin-a. Between the cold weather and heat on in the house it can really set you back when using a retinol.

I also use retin-a every other night, I have found that applying vitamin e straight from the gel cap about an hour or so after retin-a and on nights that you dont' use retin-a has really helped me alot. I hate the feel of it on my skin Sad really sticky Exclamation But.. it does work wonders Smile

Lin
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:55 am      Reply with quote
Hi Starlight - Any chance you are applying more retin-a than before? I've been very stingy in applying my retin-a and I've now worked up to using it daily. I find with the cold weather I tend to apply more as it soaks in faster on my drier winter skin...thus causing some irritation.

Also, there are a number of folks on EDS that say that hempseed oil helps with the peeling and irritation. I've just started using it myself, too soon to tell the impact.
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone for responding! Yes, it is winter here and we have had some very cold temp. Since Renova feels very rich and moisturizing unlike Retin-a I do not use any thing afterwards. I apply a very small amount every night, and use emu oil in the morning and then use SS face cream on top. I have been using the exfoliating cloth from NCN to gently scrub the dead skin off. It bothers me when I look in the mirror during the day and I have dry flaky patches of skin on my face!
*mirjana*
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
Starlight wrote:
Thanks everyone for responding! Yes, it is winter here and we have had some very cold temp. Since Renova feels very rich and moisturizing unlike Retin-a I do not use any thing afterwards. I apply a very small amount every night, and use emu oil in the morning and then use SS face cream on top. I have been using the exfoliating cloth from NCN to gently scrub the dead skin off. It bothers me when I look in the mirror during the day and I have dry flaky patches of skin on my face!

After reading this...maybe this SS face cream is not rich enough in cold winter time for your skin.
I had similar experience - I also use oil in the morning (avocado) but if cream applied on top the oil is not rich enough - my skin later in the day is bit dryer, with tiny flakes. It really depends of weather, as far as I noticed.
I am using Retin-A 0,05 without any moisturiser on top during night, and my skin is pretty oily when I wake up. But during the day without rich cream on - I experienced milder but similar problems as you described.
I also using microfiber cloth.
Hope this help a bit
Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
Starlight wrote:

Starlight, are you using the microfiber cloth daily? That may also be contributing to your dryness/peeling especially with colder weather.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:23 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |