Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Vitacreme B12 so far
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
LD
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:23 am      Reply with quote
Hi all, pretty new here but posted this question about Vitacream B-12 about a week ago. My question got moved to the makeup thread and only had one response. I was sent the cream as a sample by Enu skin.com. The rep said it was fabulous for just about everything and the hype as i understood from reading about it was that the B-12 acted as a kind of "botox' if used in the right areas. I did alot of research and came up with tons of great reviews. No bad comments from anywhere! I have tried it for the last week and it is moisturizing but I haven't been using long enough to really be fair about the other claims. Anyone else been using for longer? I have quite a few samples but don't want to order unless I see something more dramatic. Thanks for any info. LD
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:12 am      Reply with quote
Hi LD. I can't help you as I've never used it, but I've been curious about it ever since nibn mentioned it on another thread. I'm looking for a moisturizer to use with copper peptides and retin-A, and I'm wondering if this would work. Please keep us posted on your results, if you decide to continue using it. Thanks.
beautyrose
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
"Vitacream B-12" I haven't heard about this products.
LD
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:07 am      Reply with quote
Skippie, I don't think any of those ingedients are in this cream. it is supposed to have to only delivery system that actually delivers the b-12 into your skin deeper. Supposed to be very beneficial. What thread does nbin discuss this product? I can't find it? Thanks, LD
havana8

Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:47 am      Reply with quote
LD wrote:
Skippie, I don't think any of those ingedients are in this cream. it is supposed to have to only delivery system that actually delivers the b-12 into your skin deeper. Supposed to be very beneficial. What thread does nbin discuss this product? I can't find it? Thanks, LD

Here is a link to the thread that Skippie mentioned with nibn's comments, LD:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=491480#491480
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:55 am      Reply with quote
Thanks havana - I was having trouble finding it.

Sorry I didn't make myself clear, LD. I'm looking for a moisturizer to use on top of CPs and retin-a.
LD
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:11 am      Reply with quote
Skippie, I had trouble with CP's but retin a is a godsend. I tried alot of things but my skin has looked the best when using just plain avacado oil. I buy it at Whole Foods. Beats the heck out of all the expensive creams I have loading down my bathroom shelves. HTH LD
Star Model
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
Thanks havana - I was having trouble finding it.

Sorry I didn't make myself clear, LD. I'm looking for a moisturizer to use on top of CPs and retin-a.

Hi Skippie Very Happy ,

Since I am a vegetarian, I take a sublingual B12 everyday. I've done this for years. I have never heard of it in a cream?

I too use CPs & Retin-A. I use Emu Oil (my fav) or sometimes Squalane on top to moisturize my skin. The BHO's help to push the products into your skin to get down to the dermis making them more efficient.

I use Retin-A a couple of times a week, but CPs everyday. I really like Skin Biology's Skin Signals which has helped to tighten my skin. Father Time tried knocking on my door, but I shooed him away. Laughing I used Super CP Serum for years previous to this. So my skin is very acclimated to stronger CPs & I can't live without them.
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:11 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the oil suggestions, LD and StarModel. I may give one or more a try.

StarModel, I just got a sample of the Skin Signals so I will definitely give it a try when my skin becomes more acclimated to CPs.
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:04 am      Reply with quote
I've been using Vitacreme B12 for about a month now. It's a nice cream that absorbs well, but it's not rich enough for me in this weather and I need to apply several layers. In terms of reducing wrinkles, I have not noticed any miraculous changes. Then again, I seldom notice improvements even in other creams that receive raves here on EDS. I also use it for the Tanaka Massage, rewetting my hands with water when I need more 'slip'. I believe I will repurchase again, considering its price I think it's rather affordable.

Asian. Near 30. Prone to broken caps, moles + freckles, large congested pores, hormonal cystic acne, flaky skin and fat puffy eyelids. Staples: Bioderma SS, Taz, Dr. Kassy's C, Skinoren, HQ, Cerave and growth factors-- but also trying EVERYTHING ELSE.....
LD
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:12 am      Reply with quote
Fat Swan, Have you been having good luck with the Tanaka. i have been working on it for about a week correctly but haven't noticed any thing other that it feels good. The oil I use is avacado from whole foods and it is very moisturizing but that's about it? I was very excited about after all the raves? LD
lemongrass12

Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:23 am      Reply with quote
I have heard raves about this vitacremeb12 on youtube, blogs and forums. I understand that this cream helps in the elasticity of the skin on the face and the neck and is rather light weighted! Bec of the raves, I went in search for the shops that sell this in Singapore. But there are non until i come upon this blogshop call flowersofpink AT Blogspot that sells this at a very affordable price!!!!
I have placed my order with her, cross fingers I get to be confirmed soon once her goods are in. She is reliable. She doesnt take the money before the goods are in and she sends emails acknowledging your orders.
LD
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:57 am      Reply with quote
Lemongrass, I too saw all the raves! I got a ton of samples from Enuskin.com. The rep told me it was the greatest!! Love to hear what other people think. I've been using the samples for a couple weeks and really haven't noticed anything special, but still hoping!! LD
LD
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:54 am      Reply with quote
Lemongrass, noticed on the Stevia for wrinkles thread you mentioned today that Vitacream B-12 was your favorite product for wrinkles. But on this thread, same day you said you had just ordered it, based on all the rave reviews? Which is it? Have you been using it a while? I also noticed you just became a member yesterday and these were your first posts? This really has me wondering?? HMMMM LD
lemongrass12

Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
Yuppy,I have been using the samples for a few weeks!!! And went to buy to order it! Was looking around for additional wrinkle remedies when I chanced up this forum. Do not worry, I don't own any blogshop nor did anyone gave me any monies for writing hahaaa...
Talking about samples, there are free samples site in singapore where you can simply pay for postage and select 3 skincare products of your liking to try! I didnt get the vitacremeb12 samples from there though, I got it from somewhere else Smile
LD
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:15 am      Reply with quote
Lemongrass, you certainly handled my query with grace. Thank You. Your post didn't mention you had been using the samples like I had. What results are you actually seeing? I haven't seen anything other than moisture which always makes things look temporarily better. Are you following the complicated application instructions? The hype I got was that this product could act as a type of muscle relaxer. If you go to Enuskin.com you can read what I did and see if any of their claims hold true. I would love this product to work since it is so inexpensive and the company seems easy to work with. LD
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:24 am      Reply with quote
LD wrote:
Fat Swan, Have you been having good luck with the Tanaka. i have been working on it for about a week correctly but haven't noticed any thing other that it feels good. The oil I use is avacado from whole foods and it is very moisturizing but that's about it? I was very excited about after all the raves? LD

Nope, none at all. But maybe I'm just not a very observant person. Confused I'm pretty sure I'm doing it right. Hopefully it'll pay off one day
LD wrote:
The hype I got was that this product could act as a type of muscle relaxer.

Do you mean to say Vitacreme B12 is supposed to act as a muscle relaxer even when applied topically?? Nope, can't say I noticed any of those effects either. I guess I really am completely unobservant! Laughing Laughing

Asian. Near 30. Prone to broken caps, moles + freckles, large congested pores, hormonal cystic acne, flaky skin and fat puffy eyelids. Staples: Bioderma SS, Taz, Dr. Kassy's C, Skinoren, HQ, Cerave and growth factors-- but also trying EVERYTHING ELSE.....
3rd.oculus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:26 pm      Reply with quote
Is the effect supposed to be different from B3 (niacinamide - Olay uses it alot in their anti-ageing formulations)?
LD
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:55 am      Reply with quote
3rd Ocoulis, I don't think it is the same thing but you would have to google the product to reeally understand. I just remember something about it that the Rep was saying when i called the number on the website Enuskin.com. I really didn't pay that much attention to that part because in my experience none of these products have lived up to that claim. I used to get botox injections and no topical has really given me anything near that result. Maybe a little softening but not botox!! LD
BBD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:15 am      Reply with quote
Hmm. Enuskin.com doesn't work for me. I wonder if their site is down.
3rd.oculus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
LD wrote:
3rd Ocoulis, I don't think it is the same thing but you would have to google the product to reeally understand. I just remember something about it that the Rep was saying when i called the number on the website Enuskin.com. I really didn't pay that much attention to that part because in my experience none of these products have lived up to that claim. I used to get botox injections and no topical has really given me anything near that result. Maybe a little softening but not botox!! LD

LD - Thanks, most cosmetics companies make outrageous/misleading claims that they'd never be allowed to make if they were pharmaceutical.
LD
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:25 am      Reply with quote
BBD, sorry I will dig out my packaging and make sure I have the right web site. LD
LD
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
BBD, sorry, try Anu-Skin.com, or Anu Skin Store.com. It was the first site that came up on Biz Rate when I googled the product. HTH LD
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
My father had this type of anemia that required monthly shots of B12, there are many forms of B vitamins that's why as a supplement you will often see B-complex sold as it contains many of your B vitamins.

A little from Wikipedia:

Vitamin B12, also called cobalamin, is a water soluble vitamin with a key role in the normal functioning of the brain and nervous system, and for the formation of blood. It is one of the eight B vitamins. It is normally involved in the metabolism of every cell of the body, especially affecting DNA synthesis and regulation, but also fatty acid synthesis and energy production.

Vitamin B12 is a class of chemically-related compounds, all of which have vitamin activity. It is structurally the most complicated vitamin and it contains the biochemically rare element cobalt. Biosynthesis of the basic structure of the vitamin can only be accomplished by bacteria, but conversion between different forms of the vitamin can be accomplished in the human body. A common synthetic form of the vitamin, cyanocobalamin, does not occur in nature, but is used in many pharmaceuticals and supplements, and as a food additive, due to its stability and lower cost. In the body it is converted to the physiological forms, methylcobalamin and adenosylcobalamin, leaving behind the cyanide, albeit in minimal concentration. More recently, hydroxocobalamin (a form produced by bacteria), methylcobalamin, and adenosylcobalamin can also be found in more expensive pharmacological products and food supplements. The utility of these is presently debated.

Historically, vitamin B12 was discovered from its relationship to the disease pernicious anemia, which is an autoimmune disease that destroys parietal cells in the stomach that secrete intrinsic factor. Intrinsic factor is crucial for the normal absorption of B12, so a lack of intrinsic factor, as seen in pernicious anemia, causes a vitamin B12 deficiency. Many other subtler kinds of vitamin B12 deficiency, and their biochemical effects, have since been elucidated.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitamin_B12?wasRedirected=true

HTH
DM

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:24 am      Reply with quote
Dark Moon, so how do you think this might be, or not be?, effective in topical application? LD
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:20 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |