Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Transulcent Skin - See Through Veins
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
BYRG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
This is something that really bothers me about my skin all over my body to no end! I have always had thin skin, but it is so thin that I can see all of the veins through my skin all over my body! I can see all the blue veins on my legs, on my arms, on my chest, on my breasts, etc. I can even see prominent ones on the side of my right eye and above my eyes on my temples. Everywhere! I feel and look like a freak. Rarely anyone else has this problem. I look and everyone else has such normal looking full coverage even colored skin on their body. Thick enough to cover all the veins and just have it all be one skin color. They can show cleavage and everything else and it looks great. I don't want to wear anything revealing! I don't want to show my arms or legs or my chest and certainly not any cleavage, where you just see the veins in my breasts! In fact, I don't think I even want a guy to ever see me naked again! I am that upset about this.

I know I have gotten quite pale right now because I stay out of the sun and cover up my body, but that is normal and healthy because everyone wants to avoid sun exposure anyways. I really don't think there is anything that can be done about this right? I mean there is no way to change the thickness of your skin right? And tanning would only do so much right? I doubt a tan would make that big of a difference and it would be so much maintenance to fake tan constantly. But if it would help a lot I would do it. Does anyone else know what causes this or what helps this? Thanks!
breezy42
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:21 am      Reply with quote
I actually have the same problem as you, and I really feel for you. My skin is very thin, I am pale, and all of my veins show through. I am currently trying a few things right now, but it's too early to see any results. In Do-It-Yourself Skincare, there's a thread on Wrinkles Above the Knees, where Aprile talks about how drybrushing has thickened her skin (you can also look up the drybrushing thread). Another possibility is regular massage of the skin. I am also trying dermarolling (see dermarolling for product penetration), as some have noticed thicker skin. I have only been doing these things for a short time, so it's too soon to report. Unfortunately, it is time consuming, but it will be worth it to me if it works. Good luck. Smile
2hype

Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:20 am      Reply with quote
I have that "problem" too, especially on my legs. I don't think it looks bad though, and no guys I've been with have ever complained about it. Maybe it's not as bad as you have it, or maybe I just don't care about it. I don't think tanning helps. It just makes the veins look green instead of blue. I prefer blue myself.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:28 am      Reply with quote
How about a light layer of body makeup?

Alot of celebrites put makeup on their decolletage. Kate Winslet said she had body makeup on in the Reader.

Curent Regime: Cosmetic Skin Solutions CE Ferulic and Phloretin/ Revale Intensive Serum / NIA 24 Intensive Recovery Complex cream / Jojoba and Squalane oils / Avene Emulsion SPF 50 & Prevage City Smart SPF 50 / Skinceuticals Retinol 1.0/ Dermaroller / Facial exercises
2hype

Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:34 am      Reply with quote
Also, I really doubt that you look like a freak. And if a guy really likes you, he isn't going to care about it, he'll just be happy to be with you.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
Most men would be happy to see you naked,veins and all.
Cazziek
5% products discount

Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
BYRG...I totally feel your frustration with your vein issue. I've been a longtime lurker, so-to-speak, of this site but your post is the reason I decided to join.

I have suffered with the same exact vein problems and self-consciousness about it. Hopefully, this may help you as it did myself...(nothing to buy). I get extremely veiny (sp) when I use certain products on my skin such as: glycolic, tca, cp's, etc.(I'm just restarting with these products again because they work so well for me usually), just the issue with veins afterwards. Pretty much from anything other than certain moisturizers & natural products. It use to clear-up a week or two later, but then it just stayed with me for months. I had it about 8-12mths.

I got rid of the veins by accident and just recently (1-mth ago). I decided to remove the toxins from my body by going on a 5-day fast to cleanse my system...not thinking it would clear-up my veins EVERYWHERE....BUT IT DID!I was looking at my arms a couple of days after the 5-days fast & realized there were no veins showing. I flipped-out! Went to the mirror and could only see a light shadow of veins on my wrists. I now know my problem was from an overload of toxins. The more products I bought to try to help the worse it seemed to get. I'm just looking into prevention now. I hope this will help you to. I did a liquid fast with water and lots of fiber (I used Benefiber from the Dollar store,but physillium husk, or any kind should work) added to transport the toxic-wastes..sorry if this disgust anyone.I did take use a couple of laxatives to speedup the process on a couple of evenings...I'm not recommending you take them though.. Let me know if you try it. Best of luck.
SkinCareJunkie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:01 am      Reply with quote
BYRG wrote:
This is something that really bothers me about my skin all over my body to no end! I have always had thin skin, but it is so thin that I can see all of the veins through my skin all over my body! I can see all the blue veins on my legs, on my arms, on my chest, on my breasts, etc. I can even see prominent ones on the side of my right eye and above my eyes on my temples. Everywhere! I feel and look like a freak. Rarely anyone else has this problem. I look and everyone else has such normal looking full coverage even colored skin on their body. Thick enough to cover all the veins and just have it all be one skin color. They can show cleavage and everything else and it looks great. I don't want to wear anything revealing! I don't want to show my arms or legs or my chest and certainly not any cleavage, where you just see the veins in my breasts! In fact, I don't think I even want a guy to ever see me naked again! I am that upset about this.

I know I have gotten quite pale right now because I stay out of the sun and cover up my body, but that is normal and healthy because everyone wants to avoid sun exposure anyways. I really don't think there is anything that can be done about this right? I mean there is no way to change the thickness of your skin right? And tanning would only do so much right? I doubt a tan would make that big of a difference and it would be so much maintenance to fake tan constantly. But if it would help a lot I would do it. Does anyone else know what causes this or what helps this? Thanks!

Hi! I just wanted to say I really don't think it has anything to do with your skin being "thin". I've never seen a very fair person that didn't have seen through veins!

I've always had very fair skin. In high school my friends would always tell me to get a tan. It used to really hurt feelings but it doesn't bother me anymore. I think there is so much pressure to be tan, everyone feels they must look this way. I'm sure your beautiful just the way you are!

Smile
patzy
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
Oh for all the times I've been told to "go get some color!!!" Even as an adult.And I honestly think it is very rude and assuming. Maybe a person is allergic to sunning or just naturally pale..so tan folks..please keep your opinion to yourself. Stop judging.
Now my skin was thicker when I was younger but with time most folks skin thins (especially in women) just some start with thicker skin and when it thins the change isn't so apparent.
I literally hate summer time due to this..I won't tan and am self conscious about being translucent...I've looked into lasers to close off the veins on my temples...the others can be covered with clothes for the most part.
Just depends on your genetics and skin type. Celtic skin tends to be fair due to the cloudy areas we originated from and skin thinned so one could create Vitamin D. I imagine in England you see plenty of translucent folks..so maybe we all should move there. Wink BUT nothing wrong with any of us detoxing and eating a plant based diet..far healthier than heavy foods including meat. IMHO
SandraD4880
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
Translucent skin is great. I see nothing wrong with it. The most beautiful women in the world are super pale (IMO). I think to be tan is ugly, and uglier yet is when tan people are naked and you see their "white" bikini. GROSS!
When ppl tell me to "get some color" I tell them to "go get too many wrinkles and future agespots, oh wait, you got that covered"

I wouldn't worry if I were you. I can see some veins in my arms, breasts, thighs and legs and it doesn't bother me a bit, or my boyfriend. He told me when he was a teenager he used to actually seek out ------------ online with pale girls in it. That type of ------------ exists so you know theres a population of ppl that like it. Don't stress!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
true a couple of celebrities like Nichol Kidman and Michele Pheiffer (sp?) are translucent and everyone thinks they are beautiful. Smile
SandraD4880
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
the ------ is for p 0 r n

Guess they don't want dirty spam so they block it. I was just relaying some info, to boost a fellow pale females' self esteem!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
I hear you - I think it's the combination of fair and thin skin that creates the translucency. Not sure how to alleviate it though. . .
patzy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
..and we must add genetics..maybe Mom or Grandma or Dad, Grandpa have that type of skin. Tho males tend to have thicker skin. I got my complexion from my Dad but due to being male his skin stayed thick enough not to get translucent (even tho through the years he mostly wore long sleeves and I don't remember ever seeing him wear shorts so his skin remained pale. Me being female and of course losing the boost of hormones over time the skin thinned and I use sun screen and thus translucent skin. One time I lay one layer of tissue paper over my skin and thought if it was just that little bit of thickness more...ta da!! no see-through me! sigh. ah well maybe in my next Wink life I'll get that caramel-colored skin I admire so much!!! One can dream. Very Happy
patzy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:10 pm      Reply with quote
Increased skin thickness and firmness
Increased skin hydration
Increased skin tolerance to external factors
Reduced visible signs of sun damage
Reduced fine wrinkles
Restoration of even skin tone and reduced hyperpigmentation
Reduction in dark circles under the eyes
Reduced skin roughness
Reduced irritation from shaving
Less risk of skin cancer
Reduced stretch marks
A healthy, 'rosy glow'

Sound good? http://inhumanexperiment.blogspot.com/2009/09/forgotten-anti-aging-classic-retinoids.html
IamDetermined

Thu May 20, 2010 8:38 am      Reply with quote
I have the same issue. I have always had thin skin, I looked like a Rand McNally Road map being able to see all the veins in my legs, arms, and breast area. As a young woman in my 20's my skin was tighter and less noticeable. All the guys I dated did not seem to mind. However, after I hit 40, I started developing spider veins. I really don't have the budget for laser or surgeries. I end up just wearing pants all the time even in the summer. I think the appearance of them is quite unsightly and do not want to expose anyone to look at them. The only time I really don't see them - is when I am cold they seem to retreat and disappear. My legs are thin and nicely shapped just ugly to look at...sigh...I actually miss wearing shorts in the warmer days. Sad
butterfliesandflowers
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 20, 2010 9:17 am      Reply with quote
I have exactly the same thing. I look absolutely horrible. Sad really sympathize with anyone who has this.
Actually was at the derm yesterday discussing possible laser to get rid of the veins under my eyes. Think I'm going to go ahead with it dispite costs and risks. Xx
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 20, 2010 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
LondonJamie wrote:
How about a light layer of body makeup?

Alot of celebrites put makeup on their decolletage. Kate Winslet said she had body makeup on in the Reader.

Eh,
body makeup is super annoying if you have to use it every day.
Sometimes rubs off on clothes, hard to blend everywhere....

I know cuz I have very obvious veins on my chest area and hate wearing low cut stuff.....so like never do-there's lots of"fitted" stuff I can wear....but it is so hard to find dencent t-shirts.

I can not wear very short sleeves without weird looks and annoying questions.

I had 4 surgeries onone arm and my arm is totally scarred.

I can find 3/4 sleeve tps, but most are so ugly.
I lately am just wearing 2 different topstogether and that looks ok.

I know dance shops sell skin colored body stocking and I tried some kind of thing like that on my arms..stillkinda annoying.

Maybe a beige meshlike thing or black mesh top w sleeves under what ever skimpy thing you want to wear?

I don't have any great advice, but did try dermablend years ago and that seemed to cover well.
Also makeupfor ever stuff...
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 20, 2010 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
2hype wrote:
I have that "problem" too, especially on my legs. I don't think it looks bad though, and no guys I've been with have ever complained about it. Maybe it's not as bad as you have it, or maybe I just don't care about it. I don't think tanning helps. It just makes the veins look green instead of blue. I prefer blue myself.

I actually had a bad allergic reacton to some antibiotic 2 years ago and it left my legs looking like a very bad sunburn and very purple and bruised looking.
I even had strangers walk up to me many time and ask what happened to my legs.

It took me 2 years of using arnica gel to get rid ofmost of the bruising.

I originally used arnica gel to reduce redness and found it cooled theburning of my skin feeling.
Too bad the productis very expensive..like $25 a tube and was using 1 or 2 a week.

But now my skin is just kind of blotchy and improved.
I thought of using some spray makeup, but it seems like toomuch bother now.
Feliz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 20, 2010 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
Hi BYRG
I think that what you are describing is actually rather common. I too have thin, pale skin that reveals most of my veins. I am also a very thin person (naturally), so I have always felt self conscious of the veins in my arms. The one thing that I found worked quite well was to go to a tanning salon for 5-8 minutes once to twice a week. Over a long duration of time you will get a light base tan. This is a miracle at hiding such things as veins. Also, if you look at pictures of actresses such as Angelina Jolie, she too has very pale skin with A LOT of blue veins showing everywhere. Although, when she is tanned you no longer see the translucent quality of her skin.

I think that your skin, like mine, and so many other peoples is a genetic issue.
Josee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 20, 2010 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
I think it's more an issue of "paleness" than skin thickness. Even if you had "thick skin" it would be just... what? less than half a mm more or so... so it wouldn't make that much difference.

I do have "thick" skin but I'm quite fair so see everything anyways Sad

Something you can do (although it's not miracle!) is eat with less salt.

butterfliesandflowers wrote:
I have exactly the same thing. I look absolutely horrible. Sad really sympathize with anyone who has this.
Actually was at the derm yesterday discussing possible laser to get rid of the veins under my eyes. Think I'm going to go ahead with it dispite costs and risks. Xx

Have you considered having them excised? Excision doesn't have major complications and it's very simple and way more effective than laser. With laser, if the vein is not thin like spider veins, you need to use higher energy. And then because the skin of the under-eye is so thin, you really run the risk of burning it.

37, light brown hair, green eyes, very fair skin. Oily T zone, broken capillaries... Current regime: Tretinoin 0.05% every night, hydroquinone 4% twice per day, lachydran every other day, random moisturizers and sunscreen
butterfliesandflowers
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 21, 2010 1:57 am      Reply with quote
Hi josee, thank u 4 ur reply, my veins r thick under my eyes. I had not herd of the Excision, I will look it up on the internet now, the last thing I need is a burn! Thank u again for pointing this out to me butterflies xx Smile
alexes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 21, 2010 3:10 am      Reply with quote
My skin is so thin and pale that when I was a kid I wondered if I could make money posing for medical students so they could see a circulatory system in action. Every vein in my eye lids is visible, but they don't really bother me. Its the boobs legs and arms.
But once I read a book where the man described the women he thought were beautiful. He said "and they are pale with blue veins marbling their breasts.." That made me feel a whole lot better about my self. As well my last boyfriend said "Pale skin can't take the sun, that's true, but it stay so supple and soft as a result..".
I still hate it, but that makes it a bit more bearable.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 21, 2010 3:21 am      Reply with quote
I SOMETIMES have blue veins visible on my chest. I think it might have something to do with being dehydrated because sometimes I cant see the veins at all(on my chest) and other times they are very noticeable. do have one vein on the side of my forehead. I do know that there are procedures that can elimnate the ones that really annoy you
smallandcute

Sat May 22, 2010 7:33 am      Reply with quote
i, mym mum and grandma all have very thin skin too and you can see all our veins, i dont mind the ones that have to be there its the spider veins that i want rid of so im saving up to have them removed. look on the bright side if it you will be one of the 10% of women that dont get stretch marks as your skin naturally stretches alot more easily then those with thicker skin and end up with less saggy and nasty looking old skin as it stays younger for longer. also remember that what you see in the mirror is different to what others see so i really wouldnt worry about it hun xx
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:24 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |