Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Five Tibetan Rites
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Jimm
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Tibetan_Rites

I’ve been practising these for only a short while, about 15 years ago, and then got caught up in other things and sort of forgot about them.

Is anyone practising these rites as a daily routine and feel that they make a difference?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
I am reading a book (Japanese) about this, and wonder if it helps? The author said it is quite difficult to start, but said it is perfect to maintain weight, body balancing and anti-aging.
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:27 am      Reply with quote
I did them daily for a couple of years, but never really felt a noticeable change in me for having done them. The only exception still is Rite 1 I do daily, as I feel its an energetic exercise that helps me both destress, and shake off any stagnant energy and feels good to do. I also do some of Donna Eden's stuff daily - she has a 5 minute daily routine which is something that I would really recommend over the 5 rites as I think it delivers much more and helps with things and really enlivens the body.

I think that anything one does for health, ultimately helps with the beauty of the body. A healthy body doesn't need hour long routines, and its really about finding what works for you ultimately.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:54 am      Reply with quote
Sean--Thanks for posting the info on Donna Eden! Smile Is this the 5 min routine of hers that you recommend?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9106521468609833299#

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:28 am      Reply with quote
I have a couple of her dvd's but yes that looks a good one explaining it. She also has written about it extensively in her book also which I think is good for people who like to read up on things. I also got a little box set one time with a dvd where she demo'd the daily routine with people from the audience, but it also had a cd that talked you through the things demo'd on the dvd also.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:35 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Sean! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
All exercise is anti-aging. I heard Jane Fonda will be putting out a new exercise DVD in 2011 and she is, what, 72? I'd buy it!
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
I did the Five Tibetan Rites
for 6 months about 10 years ago. To me, it's an exercise routin, I got bored and move on to something eles.

Sean, do you have Donna Eden's "toys"? I have a couple of them. I do feel some tingle sensation from her bio-energy thingy .

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
I'm curious, what are Donna Eden's "toys"? And her bio-energy thingy?

I found a book at my library called "Ancient secret of the fountain of youth" by Peter Kelder and I requested it. I don't have it yet but I hope it's about the Tibetan Rites since the subject sparked by interest.
*mirjana*
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:52 am      Reply with quote
Bellezza wrote:

I found a book at my library called "Ancient secret of the fountain of youth" by Peter Kelder and I requested it. I don't have it yet but I hope it's about the Tibetan Rites since the subject sparked by interest.

Yes, that's the book. I read it many years ago and even started to practice, but I was too lazy to persist. But...my mother is doing this for 5 years now. She started after bad problems with upper spine and neck - it was completely rigid - she even stopped to drive a car because she couldn't turn the neck. Than it became even worse - awful pain in neck and head. She was in hospital for a while, but it didn't helped a lot - lots of pain killers and medicaments but nothing really to improve something.
So she decide to call one of our friends who is Reiki healer.
To cut a story a little, this man made an practical miracle - healing last about one month, at first it became much worse with awful pain and even mental problems (it was real horror) but than suddenly everything gone better.

He completely healed her, but after all this he also set a condition to her.
She MUST practicing 5 rites and as long she will, her spine and neck will be OK. And she have to sleep on the pillow with magnets.
So she obeyed - she doing Rites everyday and she is completely healthy.
At first she couldn't do all the rites properly, but today her body is fully flexible. And painless - I think she will stick with Rites for the rest of her life.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:29 am      Reply with quote
I don't have any of her toys - but they are on my list. I did get a leaflet sent with the dvd's I ordered, but the trouble is with them customs whops on a huge charge when it enters the UK (not fair really!). I can believe they are probably very effective though - as she really researches her stuff well.
MACrisis wrote:
Sean, do you have Donna Eden's "toys"? I have a couple of them. I do feel some tingle sensation from her bio-energy thingy .

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:56 am      Reply with quote
*mirjana* wrote:
Bellezza wrote:

Yes, that's the book. I read it many years ago and even started to practice, but I was too lazy to persist. But...my mother is doing this for 5 years now. She started after bad problems with upper spine and neck - it was completely rigid - she even stopped to drive a car because she couldn't turn the neck. Than it became even worse - awful pain in neck and head. She was in hospital for a while, but it didn't helped a lot - lots of pain killers and medicaments but nothing really to improve something.
So she decide to call one of our friends who is Reiki healer.
To cut a story a little, this man made an practical miracle - healing last about one month, at first it became much worse with awful pain and even mental problems (it was real horror) but than suddenly everything gone better.

He completely healed her, but after all this he also set a condition to her.
She MUST practicing 5 rites and as long she will, her spine and neck will be OK. And she have to sleep on the pillow with magnets.
So she obeyed - she doing Rites everyday and she is completely healthy.
At first she couldn't do all the rites properly, but today her body is fully flexible. And painless - I think she will stick with Rites for the rest of her life.

Maybe I should ask my mom to try.
Bellezza
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:07 am      Reply with quote
Mirjana, your mom's story is amazing! Thank you for sharing.
Swissmom
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:50 am      Reply with quote
I do the rites every morning along with a prayer of thanks afterward. I find that it energizes me. I also do other forms of exercise so I can't say if this helps overall. But I enjoy doing them.
LondonLucyGeorge
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:28 am      Reply with quote
OK sorry got to play devil's advocate here, but if these are so effective, how comes there is no scientific study backing them up (especially if they've been around so long)?

They look relatively simple to do, but I don't know if I believe all the hypes and claims.
Bellezza
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:30 am      Reply with quote
I picked up the book "Ancient secret of the fountain of youth" and frankly some of the claims made in this book are too fantastic...
The rites are easy to do except for #4 which is impossible for me to do. Most of them are incorporated in my yoga class and I've been doing them for a year. I don't look any younger and my skin has the same issues as before yoga... but I do like to do them and stretching feels good for my body.

I still don't know what Donna Eden's "toys" are. My local libraries show nothing under this author so I'm still curious.
*mirjana*
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:01 am      Reply with quote
LondonLucyGeorge wrote:
OK sorry got to play devil's advocate here, but if these are so effective, how comes there is no scientific study backing them up (especially if they've been around so long)?

They look relatively simple to do, but I don't know if I believe all the hypes and claims.

That's the battle in between science and alternative medicine and disciplines which is always hot.

It could be a big topic if we start. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:20 am      Reply with quote
I did a search here about a month ago, glad to see a thread has been started since then. I have Kelder's book, and I may have something to add.
If memory serves correctly, the first rite is the spin, right? Clockwise, I think. I've not seen the book in a few years (packed away when moving, not sure where now)but I think the instructions in the book call for a clockwise spin. I had collected several metaphysical books over the years, and I was surprised to find those same 5 rites in one of them...but this book called for counterclockwise spins. I wonder if it's possible that that's the factor involved in the fact that no one is reporting anti-aging results.
Remember that I can't recall with certainty which direction Kelder's book calls for, so whichever one it is, it's the OTHER direction that the other book called for. HTH.
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:18 am      Reply with quote
I think the direction of spin is based on where in the world you are. So for example in the US I think Kelder advised clockwise, but in the Southern Hemispheres he advised counter clockwise. I think it has to do with the magnetic pull on the area that your in. I seem to recall there is something about the direction the water runs when you turn it on from your tap (in the northern hemispheres it goes clockwise and in the southern hemispheres it goes counter clockwise).

Theres probably more science to it than I remember!
bluugrass wrote:
I did a search here about a month ago, glad to see a thread has been started since then. I have Kelder's book, and I may have something to add.
If memory serves correctly, the first rite is the spin, right? Clockwise, I think. I've not seen the book in a few years (packed away when moving, not sure where now)but I think the instructions in the book call for a clockwise spin. I had collected several metaphysical books over the years, and I was surprised to find those same 5 rites in one of them...but this book called for counterclockwise spins. I wonder if it's possible that that's the factor involved in the fact that no one is reporting anti-aging results.
Remember that I can't recall with certainty which direction Kelder's book calls for, so whichever one it is, it's the OTHER direction that the other book called for. HTH.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
Sean is right - whether it's clockwise or counter-clockwise depends upon where you live in the world. I had a video from Australia (VHS - long time ago!) that demonstrated the 5 Tibetan Rites. You start out with five reps of each exercise, increase (if I remember correctly) by 2 a week until you get to 21. You don't go over 21 reps for some reason. My husband has been doing them for years on a regular basis and looks much younger than I do . . . Now I don't know if it's just the exercises or if it's due to a combination of things but he has high praise for the Tibetan Rites. I don't have the staying power (too lazy, I guess!).
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:31 am      Reply with quote
From memory your right, you don't go above 21 reps for each exercise. I suppose because they stimulate the chakras and energy body, its kind of unnecesary to do so - otherwise they will go into double speed which probably isn't a good thing.

I don't do all the rites regularly, but I do always find that Rite 1 is particularly easy and freeing to do. Especially if you have had a tense day, sometimes spinning seems to really free the body of stress. I've a yoga friend one time who was talking with my group of friends, and one mentioned they had trouble switching off their minds and getting sleep - and he said if they were to try Rite 1, they would probably find they would be able to sleep more easily. Sure enough the friend says she sleeps soundly now. It hasn't always worked for me (I've tried it) but hey it might work for others!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
Donna Eden's "toys"???

I checked her website and all products and found nothing but books and DVDs. What am I missing?
mk12
5% products discount

Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
This is a nice video of the Five Tibetan Rites: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OyiHQRpY0Y
3rd.oculus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:18 am      Reply with quote
Hmm, never heard of them before. I'm not sure I believe they have any "magical" powers, but anything that gets the circulation going should be good for the body. Worth a try.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:46 am      Reply with quote
LOL its not that they have magical powers but are supposed to effect the chakras (which I learned the other day are located where we have a major gland in our body - so there might be some truth to them).

I got hold of a book by Peter Kelder that is a former manuscript he did with dieting suggestings that are horrible (like eat a raw egg - puke). But there was a really interesting thing he put about these exercises, that they are to be done slowly. I've been rushing through them, well not so much rushing but doing them quickly and this book says to do them slowly, so I tried it at the weekend and I couldn't get past 10 of them. It seems to work your body more but I did feel very energised afterwards. Its called the Eye of Revelation!
3rd.oculus wrote:
Hmm, never heard of them before. I'm not sure I believe they have any "magical" powers, but anything that gets the circulation going should be good for the body. Worth a try.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:08 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |