Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

decollete
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
desertrose88

Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:15 pm      Reply with quote
Hello everyone,
I am a new member but I have been reading
some very good topics and thank you for
all the valuable advise/info.
I hope someone will be able to help me,
I have a badly damaged decollete (sun damaged etc) and have tried many different creams
My Dermatologist and Plastic Surgeon, both
told me that there is nothing I can do to
fix this. I never wear low cut tops/dresses
anymore. All your help/advise/info will be appreciated.
harriet
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:28 am      Reply with quote
Hi desertrose88. Welcome. I have the same problem and am trying Shiseido Brightening Serum for Neck and Decolletage but I have not seen much improvement. But I also don't apply it as regularly as I should. The best thing is to apply sunscreen to the area each day to the parts that aren't covered by a top. There are lots of special creams for that area so maybe others will have good results to share. I find I have to be gentle with that area as it is so sensitive. HTH
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:49 am      Reply with quote
Hi desertRose and welcome Smile
Just wondering what kind of sundamage you mean. Is it pigmentation or small broken capillaries or both?
desertrose88

Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:48 am      Reply with quote
Harriet,
I don't have to use sunscreen because I never
wear anything low. I tried Shiseido... but had
no luck, maybe I have too much damage !

Mishey,
I have both. A permanent, uneven reddish color.

Thank you both for getting back to me.
MaryClaire
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:27 am      Reply with quote
Hi DesertRose,

Don't you just hate it when doctors tell you there is nothing you can do...you might not be able to get rid of it entirely but I think you can do a lot to improve it.

You might start by dry brushing to wake up your chest area...it supposed to thicken your skin and that makes the veins not as noticeable.

I have the same problems as you and mine looks a lot better. I have been working on it for a year and some. It is not a quick process but hey, most of us would rather do something and I'm sure that's probably where you're at.

I think some of my sun damage came from using chemical sunscreens...so now I only use physical. Peels have helped a lot both glycolic and TCA but I wouldn't want you to jump right in and do anything too harsh. But little steps like dry-brushing and massaging would be a start.

Mary
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:35 am      Reply with quote
I was going to suggest just as MaryClaire did that you do some dry brushing and massage on the area.

The drybrushing is a great way to exfoliate it gently and get the circulation going.

The other things to try is using both a Vit C serum, and maybe Vit E. Vit C is great for helping the skin and sundamaged skin to repair. Its not going to happen overnight, but with regular usage you can certainly make the area healthy. You might also want to consider using remodellers of some sort like Retin A, or CPs. Again these need to be used for up to a year to really deliver their results - but there are many studies done on both.

Another thing you might want to try doing is aloe vera gel, which can be soothing and hydrating to the skin there.

There is always a solution, its just simply a matter of finding the one that works best for you and your body. Don't give up hope! Very Happy

Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:14 am      Reply with quote
MaryClaire,
I am 'anti' doctors at the moment. Dry brushing?
I am starting tonight !
SeanySean UK
Thank you for the encouragement,I won't give up

Google for decollette pads, very interesting !
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
desertrose88 wrote:
MaryClaire,
I am 'anti' doctors at the moment. Dry brushing?
I am starting tonight !
SeanySean UK
Thank you for the encouragement,I won't give up

Google for decollette pads, very interesting !

I have the same problem!

TCA peels/Glycolic peels using Copper Peptides's have improved mine about 50%. SOme have found dermarolling has helped profoundly.

Some say they have greatly improved this area with NIA24 products.

rebecca

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hi! I was also going to mention some skin care systems too like NIA24 and Obagi. Both of these have products designed to help sun damaged skin in the chest area.

I'm in the same boat as you -- and a lot of others it seems as well. And I've got some deep chest wrinkles to boot! I very rarely wear anything lower-cut either as I feel very self-conscious.

I've currently started using copper peptides and exfol serum by SkinBiology. I also use a hydroquinine p roduct called Clear by Obagi.

It's too early to really see any improvements as I expect it to take at least six months.

We have to start somewhere! I think your derm and plastic surgeon are completely off base. There are things we can be doing; sometimes we need to experiment and find out what works for us.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
Desertrose I have the permanent reddish chest from sundamage aswell. Some have said that IPL has worked great for them there, but it didn't work at all for me. I've heard good things about the V Beam laser and that's next on my agenda. But i couldn't get into see the derm that does it here till May. So I can't tell you from personal experience how that works yet.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe dermarolling for better product penetration in the damaged area.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
Retin A and topical C should at least help with sun damage. Have you tried either of those? I never used to treat my neck/chest, but after just 1 month on Retin A and C, my neck and chest look a ton better.
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:49 pm      Reply with quote
My chest area improved considerably using Retin A & Vit.C along with keeping it moisturized and always using sunscreen when outside. I would say it has improved at least 50%.
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:26 pm      Reply with quote
Well I wish retin a and c would work for me but I have to say it hasn't at all. And I've been using retin a there for about 5 years and c for maybe 1 or so. Sad

Maybe I'm just a really hard case.
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:25 am      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:
Well I wish retin a and c would work for me but I have to say it hasn't at all. And I've been using retin a there for about 5 years and c for maybe 1 or so. Sad

You and me both Mishey.It never helped at all. Even the Dermaroller hasn't helped me much there...but I have never doen a really intense roll.

I am 6 mths into using Super Cop Serum there and have just added a 70% Glycolic maybe I'm just starting to see a bit more improvement. I'm actually thinking of doing the salicylic peel on there to speed things along. But the thought of having to cover up to my collar bone for 2 weeks is putting me off.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:28 am      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:

Mishey, do you exfoliate that area? I think this also makes a difference (either with peels or one of those creams with the crystals in them). Too bad that RA and C never made a difference for you in that area.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:19 am      Reply with quote
You might want to try BND Cream (Breast, Nipples Décollage). It contains copper peptides and is aimed at repairing skin. I use it to try to maintain firmness, but I believe that it can also help with discolouration.

Here's a link: http://www.dianayvonne.com/product/SB53B/BND---Basic-4-oz.html
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:52 pm      Reply with quote
Yes Rebecca too hot at the moment for sure. Maybe you could wait till april and do the peels there.

Riley I exfoliate with a microfibre cloth probably 3 days a week. Hasn't made a difference to the redness unfortunately.

Really hoping the v beam treatments do the trick.
desertrose88

Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:45 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you all for your valuable info/advise/suggestion.

Mishey, I took Mary Claire's advise and started
dry brushing every morning and evening. Trust me,
I think this will help a lot. After just 3 days
most of the red patches/blotches are getting even. I have not had time to buy any of the products the other ladies recommended and is using/massaging Bio Oil after the dry brushing.

Please let me know once you had the v beam done.
murray28
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:43 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
You might want to try BND Cream (Breast, Nipples Décollage). It contains copper peptides and is aimed at repairing skin. I use it to try to maintain firmness, but I believe that it can also help with discolouration.

Do purplish-looking stretch marks (not many but enough that they bother me in that area - lost 30 pounds but I swear 10 of them came straight off the chest) count as "discoloration"? Not sure if I should be following the advice above do fix the coloring or go for more of a firming cream (they're also a little ... deflated. Sigh) but it sounds like yours does both. How long did it take you to notice results and does it just maintain your firmness or did it add firmness?
desertrose88

Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:26 am      Reply with quote
Murry28
I just read, Bio-Oil is good for :
Scars
Stretch Marks
Uneven Skin Tone
Ageing and Dehydrated Skin.

You can also look at the Decollete pads on :
worldwideweb decolletepads dot com/

You lucky girl, loosing 30 pound, how did you managed that ? Please give me your diet/secret !
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:25 am      Reply with quote
murray28 wrote:
Do purplish-looking stretch marks (not many but enough that they bother me in that area - lost 30 pounds but I swear 10 of them came straight off the chest) count as "discoloration"? Not sure if I should be following the advice above do fix the coloring or go for more of a firming cream (they're also a little ... deflated. Sigh) but it sounds like yours does both. How long did it take you to notice results and does it just maintain your firmness or did it add firmness?

To be honest, I'm not sure how well the BND Cream would work on stretch marks. I would definitely contact the dianayvonne site to ask as it could possibly help. My chest isn't really discoloured. I did have some sun damage, but it seems to have faded that effectively. As for the firming, it's more of a maintenance thing for me - although I have noticed some improvement in firming. If you've lost a lot of weight, it may not be enough, though.

I wonder whether the drybrushing technique might work for you if the BND Cream won't? As for the stretch marks, perhaps try the Dermarolling thread in this section of the forum as I'm sure I remember people finding that successful for helping with all kinds of marks.

Desertrose's suggestion of Bio-Oil may also be a good one for you. My mum used it after her lung cancer op, and it did help to fade (although not completely) her horrendous wound scar.

It's certainly best to treat any stretch marks as soon as possible. The fresher they are, the better the chance of improving them.

Good luck! And don't forget to let us know what works (and what doesn't) for you.
murray28
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:05 am      Reply with quote
MaryClaire wrote:
You might start by dry brushing to wake up your chest area...it supposed to thicken your skin and that makes the veins not as noticeable.

Wow - lots of people recommending dry brushing on here! It's something I recently started and I definitely can tell a difference in my skin in the areas that I brush, but I haven't really been brushing the chest area (just a really, really light circular motion 7 times clockwise, 7 times counter-clockwise). I thought we weren't supposed to do anything more?! New info to me!

So, question about that technique for those that do it (sorry, will try not to get too graphic here but you gotta ask what you gotta ask): exactly how much of the actual breast do you brush? Are we talking more general "chest" area (like what would show if you were wearing a deep scoop or v-neck shirt)? Or are we talking the whole enchilada? Including the nipple and the underside? And someone also mentioned massage ... could you give me some instructions for this or point me towards a good routine? I don't want anything that would be too, ah, "draining".

In addition to the few stretch marks I have here from losing weight, I have a lot of noticeable veins and would love to thicken up that skin (plus it couldn't hurt in terms of "firming").

See, I was under the impression that more touching/activity in that region would make the skin MORE stretchy/droopy, not less so (due to stretching out the skin as well as lymphatic drainage - aren't the girls really just bags of lymph? I don't want them to drain!). However, it sounds like some of you are having good results with this! Please tell me more!
desertrose88

Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:08 am      Reply with quote
Murray28
Light circular dry brushing is good. You have to use a good oil/moisturizer afterwards. You right, this area is sensitive and one has to be gentle, it won't stretch nor drain the skin. We are talking about the decollete/chest area (wearing a v-neck)

I personally don't dry brush my bust at all, as
I don't have any problem.

However, I sleep with a decollete pad, it eliminates the creases/lines, from sleeping on my sides. I can't sleep on my back !

I highly recommend the Bio Oil for your stretch
marks.
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:41 am      Reply with quote
murray28 wrote:
MaryClaire wrote:

Wow - lots of people recommending dry brushing on here! It's something I recently started and I definitely can tell a difference in my skin in the areas that I brush, but I haven't really been brushing the chest area (just a really, really light circular motion 7 times clockwise, 7 times counter-clockwise). I thought we weren't supposed to do anything more?! New info to me!

So, question about that technique for those that do it (sorry, will try not to get too graphic here but you gotta ask what you gotta ask): exactly how much of the actual breast do you brush? Are we talking more general "chest" area (like what would show if you were wearing a deep scoop or v-neck shirt)? Or are we talking the whole enchilada? Including the nipple and the underside? And someone also mentioned massage ... could you give me some instructions for this or point me towards a good routine? I don't want anything that would be too, ah, "draining".

In addition to the few stretch marks I have here from losing weight, I have a lot of noticeable veins and would love to thicken up that skin (plus it couldn't hurt in terms of "firming").

See, I was under the impression that more touching/activity in that region would make the skin MORE stretchy/droopy, not less so (due to stretching out the skin as well as lymphatic drainage - aren't the girls really just bags of lymph? I don't want them to drain!). However, it sounds like some of you are having good results with this! Please tell me more!

You can also google "chi" massage for your breasts...some people notice incredible firming of their breasts using this techinique. Massage/stimulation like dry brushing is good and may even help prevent breast problems due to the increased circulation and drainage.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |