Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Why your skin will look worse before it gets better
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
I got depressed noticing I had melasma on my neck and age spots on my hands. They had been looking pretty good since I started using SkinBiology's copper peptides. I was ready to give up but asked Dr. Pickart about this. His reply:

The problem is buried skin damage. The skin is designed to quickly cover over areas of damage to prevent infection after injury. But this means that many types of skin damage are buried in this process.

This is often observed during clinical healing of sores. Often this means that skin overgrows infected sores and creates an abscess. This is dangerous and must be open and drained to prevent the development of a systemic infection. But the same process will cover over other types of skin damage and blemishes.

Buried skin damage usually causes irregularities in human skin such as bumps, pits or altered pigmentation. This results in a skin that just looks "old".

This buried damage is usually covered, and trapped in place, by relatively good looking skin. The use of copper peptides, hydroxy acids, abrasion, needling, and retinoic acid help remove the covering skin and the the pushing up and out of the area of damage.

One of the ways that sun damage on skin manifests itself is as dark patches of excess melanin produced in response to UV exposure. This excess melanin is much easier to visualize in the UV than in the visible band. Such types of dark patches, bruising, bite marks and scar tissue can also be seen in the UV months after they have faded to the eye.

It is difficult to convince people of the huge problem of buried skin damage, but look at the pictures at
http://www.reverseskinaging.com/buried-skin-damage.html

Another manifestation of buried damage is deep lines such as nasal-labial lines. Consider the lines to be held down by a hard rope of collagen under the skin. The best way to remove these is to rub a hydroxy and into the furrow at night and rub copper peptides into it in the morning. Some people just use the hydroxys and copper peptides one after the other and get good responses. But this can be irritating.

Hard buried scar tissue is difficult to remove. Needling often helps. You can use the small lances used to obtain blood for diabetic measurement - or the use of skin needle rollers helps break up hard tissue. The the hydroxys and copper peptides can loosen up and remove buried damage.

But this takes time. You can only speed up the skin renewal so much. The copper peptides are the trigger for skin repair in the human body starting with the adult stem cells in the skin.
hellenzqq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
interesting, i want to see how my face would look like under that.
blueeyes
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:04 am      Reply with quote
Softskin, this is so interesting and really makes you see the value of the skin regime do. Thanks for sharing!
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:34 am      Reply with quote
Softskin - thanks for this I read this reply on the SB forum and was rather impressed as well.

All this is a leap of faith of sorts, but this kind of information which at least is based in science makes it feel more worthy.

I have persisted in my use of CP's this time (6mths) around even though I have seen only a little improvement in my main concern (pigmentation). I have recently added more aggressive exfoliation in the form of 70% glycolic and I hope this will bump things along.

I will say that 2 days ago I suddenly noticed that my skin on my cheeks felt "different". I asked hubby and he agreed that the skin was denser? More substantial feeling. There has definitely been an overall thickening, which is likely to be due to the CP's - unless my dermarolling from 6mths ago is finally paying off???

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:08 am      Reply with quote
I actually did this today (funny that I read about it before going to the derm, and she suggested to take the photos)
It was really great to see and luckily enough I didn't have too much damage Smile
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:53 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |