Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Which is best virtual makeover website?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried a couple in the past -- don't remember which -- and I could never get my photo lined up with the products and hairstyles. Maybe they've improved the technology.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:57 pm      Reply with quote
I can't believe no one here has never done this. I want to try on makeup and hairstyles I wouldn't normally pick.
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
SoftSkin, I tried one a few years back at clairol.com. It only did hairstyles and haircolor, nothing with makeup. It worked ok, and it's free. You could upload your own picture or use one of the preloaded ones. I've not tried it recently though, but it's still there at: http://www.clairol.com/try-it-on-studio/tios.jsp
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
I just found one and it's pretty good. You can adjust your photo so the changes fit your face. It can take a while but then you can save it on an album so others can see your makeovers and even change them if you give them permission. You can also have total privacy so no one sees them.

The only thing I couldn't figure out and maybe you just can't do it -- Once you've created one look, there doesn't seem to be a way to make changes to create a different photo without starting over again. You can edit your makeover but I don't think there is a "save as" feature. If there is, please let me know.

The makeup part was great with a gazillion choices. You can even choose price ranges and you will only see colors in that range and then when you select one, you see the brand and color. One problem I had -- my monitor or maybe their website wasn't entirely true to color. Example: I picked a lipstick that looked mauvey or even reddish but the stated color was Toasted Almond. Some eyeshadows looked taupe and mushroom but were orange on my photo.

The hairstyles and hair colors seemed somewhat limited. Short, Medium, Long. I wish they had fine, coarse, thin, thick, etc. I looked best wearing Jane Fonda and Melissa Etheridge's hairstyles. Very different from my current one. I sort of looked good in Helen Mirren's and some model I never heard of.

I tried some of the more extreme looks and wound up looking like a drag queen! Great fun.

http://www.taaz.com
SandraD4880
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
SoftSkin....

THANK YOU so much! This is the most awesome thing I have ever played with on the internet!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.ivillage.com/makeover

enjoy Smile
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
Seems to me I joined ivillage.com many years ago and was spammed to death, so I am hesitant about trying the website. I had a look around and couldn't see if they let you tweak your features for a perfect fit of changes. Taaz.com lets me do that, which is why I prefer it.

Anyone who tries Taaz, let me know if there is a way to email a photo once it's saved. When you save it the first time, you have an option to send it to facebook, email, twitter, etc. but after that window disappears and you go back into your account, how do you email that pic?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:46 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |