Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

HELP Im a Sasquatch....retin A and waxing
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jo123ellen

Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
ANY help would be great..thanks..

I am an avid waxer..of eyes and upper lip....Im Italian..so Im a harry little thing...lol..

since I have been using the retinA I cannot wax because it rips a layer of my skin off...yeeeoouttch..

so what do you ladies do to get rid of hair on your face when using RetinA???

I cant walk around looking like a sasquatch...I just cant!!!
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
Threading would work well for you.
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
hi jellen,
Smile i'm sure you look lovely. but i understand, when i've had beauty accidents i just want to hide too. i once had a big cold sore develop right smack in the middle of my chin (my cold sore's favorite spot)... and there it remained for a long time. it even doubled in growth before it actually went away (weeks later). at work pple called it my siamese twin. i was so embarassed! i came up with a story that i went to bar one night, and things got out of hand, and that it was a bullet wound! Very Happy Laughing Laughing

for facial hair i use a handheld razor, it is an eyebrow groomer/shaper, made by ardell. the razor is super thin and sharp, and find it very effective to remove even the thinnest/finest facial hairs-to the coarse eyebrow hairs. it has good maneuverability and easy to use. when using it, i blare on all the lights (4x4ft flourescents, and 6 100wt reg bulbs) and use the 20x mirror. you can gentle shave any facial hairs according to schedule. if you use this, please do so gently. the razor is surprisingly sharp.

you can pick this up at shopper's drug mart or trade secrets. you good! and ihope your skin recovers soon!

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
chellelynn
5% products discount

Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
I used to wax my eyebrows and my upper lip, hoever since I began using Retin A I have not been able to.

Instead I now go to an Indian beauty salon where they remove facial hair by threading.

I actually prefer threading over waxing any day!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
Can u do laser hair removal when on obagi and retin-A?
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
ouch!

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
jo123ellen

Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:48 am      Reply with quote
I have had my eyebrows plucked at the eyebrow place....and that was fine...but they can do threading for upper lip???

has anyone done that? I know Ive seen it for the eyebrows....I think I may have to try it....there are places around here that do it...I just think the pain would stink...lol

but..hey...I refuse to look like I have a armpit on my upper lip!!!

llina thanks..Im going to try that ardell razor too..I will let you know.
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:51 am      Reply with quote
jo123ellen wrote:
I have had my eyebrows plucked at the eyebrow place....and that was fine...but they can do threading for upper lip???

has anyone done that? I know Ive seen it for the eyebrows....I think I may have to try it....there are places around here that do it...I just think the pain would stink...lol

but..hey...I refuse to look like I have a armpit on my upper lip!!!

llina thanks..Im going to try that ardell razor too..I will let you know.

hey sweetie,
if you get the threading done, just let them know they have to be gentle with your skin condition. also, yes, try to get the ardell razor even if you get threading... for just in case, if there is some needed emergency hair removal that needs to be done, or if you notice some areas that threading missed.

i always like to have some razors at home for emergency situations. best of luck!
lina

ps yes they do threading for upper lip and actually the whole face to give a more refined look. its not irritating but its good to get someone gentle. Very Happy

brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
What works for me when it's time to wax my upper lip is...I stop using Retin A for a few days before waxing and I haven't had any problems.
hellenzqq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
I do not have too much, so I just shave mine
MarieIG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
Use Nair (or other) depilatory (hair remover) for the face. Stop the Retin A two days before and one after. Bleach in between.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
Laser removal. Starting with the face - go for it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hi! I've used Taz for years and I still wax regularly. The trick is to ask your aesthetician to apply a thin layer of oil first. If she does that she will then be able to wax without you losing any skin. Good luck!

5% products discount

Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:55 am      Reply with quote
Doesn't shaving your upper lip cause the hair to grow back in more coarse and dark? I've never had any luck with it.
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:46 am      Reply with quote
Lilac19 wrote:
Doesn't shaving your upper lip cause the hair to grow back in more coarse and dark? I've never had any luck with it.

no i believe that is an old folklore. shaving doesn't change dna sequencing. after shaving and when it is growing back, it may seem more coarse and thick but after a while, if you're patient you'll see it i the same.

brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
Lilac19 wrote:

I believe waxing is better for the upper lip. After doing this for awhile you will find that you only have to wax occasionally to maintain a hairfree upper lip. Hair growth becomes minimal.
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
As an alternative to threading, you might try the epicare self-threading tool. It's simple to use, very inexpensive, and pretty darn efficient in whisking away unwanted hairs.

It's a tightly coiled device that youy twirl between your fingers, catching the hairs in the coil. It works a bit like an epilator but without electricity. They're available online and my local Asian market stocks them too.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
Why not dry shave? Just buy a pack of those disposable razors and do your upper lip...zip, zip, zip and you're done! No pain at all, takes not even 10 seconds. How easy is that?!

I wouldn't use it on my eyebrows though. I just pluck as needed. Keep it simple.
Nijey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:32 am      Reply with quote
I am a retinoid user and I also had to stop waxing because of the aforementioned skin-ripping-off side effect Shock

I don't like depilatory creams as they can be very irritating and don't always work that well. I use tweezers for my eyebrows, which works fine, and an epilator for my upper lip--epilators are basically like threading or waxing or tweezing--they pull the hair out by the roots rather than just cutting it off at the skin like with shaving or depilatory creams. You can get inexpensive epilators from Emjoi that have small heads designed to be used in tight places: http://www.amazon.com/Emjoi-AP-9L-Slim-Cosmetic-Remover/dp/B0000DK5LW/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1264872644&sr=8-4

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
Concerning the epicare coil device; go to Ace Hardware and get a small multi-purpose spring, the kind that pulls screen-doors shut, only smaller...the one I just did my upper lip with cost me a buck. Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:52 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |