Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

My Obagi nuderm diary...with follow up :)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
Kims...so u mean that ur sun spots and discoloration has been taken care of but the texture of ur skin is still rough or not as smooth as u would want it to be ?
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
maheen1 wrote:
Kims...so u mean that ur sun spots and discoloration has been taken care of but the texture of ur skin is still rough or not as smooth as u would want it to be ?

Yes, I'm still working on the texture. It's better because of Nuderm, but there's still room for improvement!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
moosejavian wrote:
Kims, threading is a method for taking out facial hair. It's really amazing how it's done.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIeHYNt-rl4

Moose, thank you! Wow, very interesting. Now I know!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
thanks Kims and Moose,,,right now i m more depressed than ever...dont know why i have the feeling i m gonna have brown spots once this rawness has subsided....
Sydney
5% products discount

Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:10 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the welcome Moosejavian. I still have a little exfoderm forte left but I am hoping that the exfoderm will be less aggressive when used daily. I think my pores around my nose and on my chin have lessened however it is very difficult to tell when your face is undergoing the treatment, but as I said earlier when I let my skin get back to it's usual colour on my breaks I was pleased with the tone. I have read about so many people who do not get the red flakey face, I am sooooo jealous!! I started the nu-derm for 2 reasons really, firstly I started to develop hormone acne which then progressed to adult acne around my chin mainly; secondly I figured that at 40 yrs of age I really should start looking after my skin more. So the plan is to shock it into good condition then I plan to use maintenance. I love to hear everyone else's experiences about the process, hints and tips always welcome. My biggest tips when starting out would be to keep a lip balm handy, and eye drops to keep eyes moist. I still carry an emergency bag with Action, mineral powder and a powder brush everywhere I go in case the flakies get really bad!! Laughing
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
Sydney this is what i m concerned about ...u know most of the days ,,,i cant tell u exaclty what i have achieved with obagi nuderm except that it has almost faded all of my blotchiness....cuz there is redenss and dryness on my face and i cant see all the good results that i have achieved with obagi...somedays,,,when the redness is very little for e.g i have nt used obagi on that particular day,,,then i can see a more even toned skin and yes then i can say wow my skin is looknig really good...otherwise,i cant say much...
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
Dear Kims...i think u r using Jane iredale products,,,or not sure if it is Riley....
do u girls know if i m going ot buy the loose mineral foundation powder,,,then which type of brush i should buy for it,,,handi,,,kabuki or anyother that jane iredale sells ??
Thank u Smile
Sydney
5% products discount

Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Maheen, it is difficult to know if your skin is improving, I know what you mean. We have to have faith that by the time we reach 18 weeks our skin will hopefully be much improved!! Regarding the mineral powder, I bought Dior's first and bought their powder brush. I thought the powder was great but then as the peelies worsened my face looked awful, I then read that the Dior powder was not actually a mineral powder but just acted like one Mad so then I bought a cheap mineral powder set from Costco which has been absolutely brilliant. Yes I have to reapply a little Action and the powder by midday but it certainly makes me feel better about the whole Obagi thing. The Dior Powder brush is very good, I am pleased with it, but I am no expert on cosmetics and tools etc!!
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
Maheen, this is what it said on the JI website for the amazing base powder:
Quote:
Recommended Use: Apply with the Chisel Powder Brush on clean skin after moisturizer has been absorbed. Lightly dip brush into powder and use the lid to work it into the brush. The more evenly distributed the minerals are in the brush, the more evenly they will apply to the skin. Begin application where you need the most coverage. Reapply after lengthy sun exposure, excessive perspiration or anytime after towel drying.
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
Sydney, it's great that you found the Action and mmu to work for you while on the Obagi! I didn't even think of those, I just went to work with a red peely face Laughing I hear ya about turning 40, it was hard for me to swallow! I have always been concerned about my pores and I guess when I hit the big 40 is when I just put my foot down and wanted to do something strong, I don't want to try over the counter products anymore which I know will be a waste of precious time. And then when I am on maintenance I can try other stuff that I've learned from the forums here.

I am getting a little bit more flaking again. I also have a cystic break out on my chin, hopefully it won't erupt! Maybe this is the 2nd cycle of peeling for the next 6wk cycle.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
maheen1 wrote:
thanks Kims and Moose,,,right now i m more depressed than ever...dont know why i have the feeling i m gonna have brown spots once this rawness has subsided....

Maheen,
Try using Aquaphor on the raw areas and let your skin heal; and don't forget about sunscreen. Hopefully you can avoid any post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation.

I do use the loose powder by Jane Iredale (and the compact too) and right now I'm using a make up brush from Guerlain.

Don't be discouraged, this will heal in no time!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome to all you new ladies.I also have done the Obagi nuderm over a year ago,with great results,just a couple of things to add, first keep up you will be so glad you did and on maintenance you will see your skin continue to improve and get better.As for the Action be careful using that to often,it is my understanding that action will stop the other products from working,I believe it is only to be used when you have something you want to go to and need to look good.For the flakes and peelies you might want to try a hot shower and the stream will loosen up the flakes and you can rub them off,just don't rub to hard or you can use something to exfoliate.HTH
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:23 pm      Reply with quote
thanks Kims...yes i have aquaphor,,,i ll apply it form today...i hope it doesnt leave nay marks....i have scabs in that raw area,,once it has shed,,,lets see what it leaves behind Sad((
Thanks sweety...
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:26 pm      Reply with quote
moose seems like u r doing great on Obagi...we have finally compelted 8 weeks and this is the beginig of our 9th Smile,,,Raw areas for me and probably some breakouts for u,,,,
Well go thru it,,,lets see what we r going to get by the end of this month Smile that would be 12 weeks and people say we get the visible results in usually 12 weeks on obagi Smile
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:49 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Leggy!

Maheen, I try not to even think of the weeks, Obagi has just been part of my routine now, I'd probably be lost once I have to stop doing it everyday! But yeah it will definitely be nice to get to the end of the 2nd cycle and just be amazed at the transformation! Fingers crossed!
Sydney
5% products discount

Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Leggy for your tips. I know about the information regarding the Action but I am of the opinion that you just have to get through this in the most tollerable way possible, and the Action is helping me to do that.

Moosejavian, I hear what you say in not counting the weeks, I have to address the whole process on a day to day basis - when I get up in the morning I am compelled to apply the products; by lunchtime after I have looked at my horrid skin in the mirror I wonder what on earth I am doing and tell myself to just stop; however by bedtime I am once again compelled to apply the products!! It has become like an * spam alert *. At my last visit to the aesthetician last week he suggested that I could stop and go onto maintenance, however it is like a drug pulling me onto reach my target of 18 weeks.....I don't know what I am going to do if and when I eventually reach that target!!
Leggy 61
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
Sydney & Moosejavian, I know its hard counting the weeks and days,and jumping out of bed every morning to see your results,but it will be worth it.I like you was afraid to go on maintenance I was afraid I would lose what I had gained.Something that did help was I always had some sunscreen with and would put it on when the flakes around my mouth would get bad,especially after eating.Hang in there you ladies are going to look so good soon.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:16 pm      Reply with quote
Another tip in how to deal with the flakies during the day:

Mix a little Exfoderm with a small amount of cleanser and use gently to exfoliate a patch of flakies and then reapply sunscreen and mmu.

I read this somewhere on EDS, but couldn't tell you which thread or poster.

Maheen, Hang in there and keep using Aquaphor until your skin heals. I'd definitely hold off on the Nuderm for now.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:44 pm      Reply with quote
Kims...i m feeling better now since my skin is getting better...the scab has shed leaving behind reddish marks,,on my lef cheek,,my chin,,,but somehow in a matter of one day,,,these marks have become lgither,,,still quite noticeable but not brownish or dark ,,so i m happy about it,,feels like they r going to disappear very soon,,,Smile
so not feeling bad...
this is my 9th week,,,so probably i will see good results faster now than i saw in ht elast month cuz i m closer to the 12th week Smile lets see...
Thanks for all the support,,,will update u...Smile
beann1210
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:00 am      Reply with quote
Hi girls. I'm so glad everyone is sharing their Obagi experiences. I'm on day one of week four, so I'm quite a bit behind everyone else so I like reading about your results and tips!
I'm also 40 and have recently noticed those dreaded I'm-40-signs on my skin. But I am already seeing some improvement with Obagi NuDerm. The pores around my nose look smaller and the little lines that were forming above my upper lip are virtually gone! Hallelujah!! The only thing I don't like (besides the redness, itchiness, and dryness) is that the wrinkles around my eyes seem worse. Maybe because my skin is so dry? Anyone else experience this?
Hey Sydney ~ Doesn't the mineral powder make the flakies look worse? What kind did you buy at Costco? (I love Costco.) Is it better as the more expensive stuff like, say, Bare Minerals?
Thanks again, ladies, for all the great input. Keep it coming! Razz

5% products discount

Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:00 am      Reply with quote
Hi Kims, have you tried the cleanser and exfoderm tip yourself? The only problem with that is that the cleanser bottle is a little big to carry around, could decant it into a smaller one tho!! Will give it a go.

Beann, sounds like we are doing the Obagi for similar reasons. Yes the mineral powder does not look great when the flakies are at their worst however it does disguise the redness which can border on the deep purple late afternoon Embarassed It works up to about midday, when I have to reapply it as the flakes have started and my skin has started to heat up, then I have to reapply prior to school pick up about 2.45. Then I don't care about the evenings as I haven't arranged any evening engagements since starting the Obagi. If I have a weekend of friends planned I stop for a few days before to let the reddness subside to ensure that I look half decent Smile I don't know if the more expensive mineral powders work as I have only tried the Dior powder (which I later discovered was not actually a mineral powder) and the one from Costco, which does the trick for me at present so am not tempted to try any others. Great that you feel that you have some positive results already, I remember when I was at week 4, I pretty much hibernated for the first 6 weeks!!
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
Maheen, I am glad that you are feeling positive about the skin changes with the scabbing. I think it will be just fine!

Kims, with the exfoderm/cleanser trick, do you know if you rinse it with water or just scrub it until it disappears?

The positive thing for me right now is that my skin is feeling nice and plump eventhough it is dry. It is almost like touching my kids' skin! Almost! Not that it's almost like a baby's but definitely feels like young skin. If I just feel it and not look at it, then I am happy, lol. I still have that red cystic acne on my chin but seems like it is on it's way down.

Do some of you experience just extreme flushing/redness sometimes? I was chatting with coworkers at lunch today and what would've been normally a slight blushing from me it felt like my whole face was heating up!
TexasStar63

Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
this thread has been very helpful!!! I am in my 3rd week and wondering if I am experiencing "normal" results.

beann1210~ I am 46 and the biggest pain with Nuderm other than red, flaky skin, is the pronounced wrinkles under my eyes. I look 60+ years old! I was told by my esthetician NOT to put any moisturizer on any area as it will slow the process down. I saw her today and she said it was all normal and under the eyes is the hardest part to deal with for some of the older people using the products, just hang in there... ughhh. hard to be patient...
Evening is the worst time... more redness, flakiness then in the rest of the day. I am looking forward to the great results eveyon seems to be having when this phase is OVER!
"hang in there" Smile

Minerals Makeup question: I was at Costco today and wondered if those would be OK. Does the makeup make it look drier like regular powder makeup makes you look? and how do you know what tone to get because you can't take it back... I have been thinking about purchasing Jane Iredale, but pretty costly. Would the Costco brand work just as well... hmm... Confused
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Texas, welcome! Oh yeah, in the first few weeks I got that shrink wrapped/leather face look, really like a plastic film on my face. It will get better!

I will be purchasing the JI mmu as well, just waiting for their starter kit to come out. I don't know about the Costco brand but you might want to find out their ingredients and compare.

This is a great thread, rileygirl and kims have been really helpful and just hearing other people's experiences help in this Obagi journey!
beann1210
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Texas. Yes, your experiances with Obagi sound just like mine. I'm a little flakey in the morning, but I look pretty good in the morning when it comes to the redness. I use a clarisonic face brush (just got it prior to starting the treatment) and it really helps get the flakies off in the morning and then again at night. If you get one, just be sure not to use too much pressure. It will make you tender. I also get a flushed feeling and more redness towards mid-day. Sometimes my face feels almost hot. Wondering if this is what happens during menapause. Laughing Towards the evening I get itchy. That drives me crazy.
So your estitician said no moisturizer even around the eyes? I can't fathom that. I hate the increase in my eye wrinkles. I'm going to call my estitician tomorrow and see what see has to say. I'm willing to grin and bear it if I have to. I'll let you know what she says.
I usually use Bare Minerals makeup, but I havent' really been using it since starting Obagi. The powders just look awful with the dryness and make it look worse, I think. I bought a hydrating mineral viel and that works okay, but no coverage. I actually have been skipping foundation altogether. I work at an elementary school, so I don't need to look like a glamour queen anyway. I did go out last week. I used a heavy moisturizer and a cream foundation. It worked okay, but my skin still got dry later in the evening. Next time I plan to keep a moisturizer with me and reapply it with more makeup if it happens again.
Take care, and happy Obagi'ing!

Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:34 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |