Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
My Obagi nuderm diary...with follow up :)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
Wow Sydney, congrats! It's great that you have achieved the skin you want! Woohoo!

So question, when one goes on maintenance, do you stop the full regimen completely for a certain number of days and then start on the maintenance or do you just taper off to the maintenance schedule? Does the redness and peeling then disappear while on the maintenance?

TIA!
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
Oh and today I just used half a pump of my sunscreen and put on MMU pressed powder on top of that. I was out driving for maybe 15 min and I could feel my left cheek getting sensitive! I don't think my sunscreen was working for me! Maybe I didn't use enough but I wanted to try just half a pump to see if it was enough protection. It was enough for coverage but I guess not enough to protect me. Now I'm kinda scared to be out in the sun again Sad I think I will skip the regimen tonight.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
moosejavian wrote:

So question, when one goes on maintenance, do you stop the full regimen completely for a certain number of days and then start on the maintenance or do you just taper off to the maintenance schedule? Does the redness and peeling then disappear while on the maintenance?

TIA!

No, you just go on to maintenance. You don't have to stop for a certain number of days.

The redness should definitely slow down on maintenance. However, the peeling depends. The maintenance used to be Blender/RA 2 times a week. However, there are some people that when they reduce the RA that much, and only use it twice a week, they end up peeling More than someone who uses the RA more frequently. So, again, maintenance is about playing to see what you can get away with!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
moosejavian wrote:
Oh and today I just used half a pump of my sunscreen and put on MMU pressed powder on top of that. I was out driving for maybe 15 min and I could feel my left cheek getting sensitive! I don't think my sunscreen was working for me! Maybe I didn't use enough but I wanted to try just half a pump to see if it was enough protection. It was enough for coverage but I guess not enough to protect me. Now I'm kinda scared to be out in the sun again Sad I think I will skip the regimen tonight.

Moose, is that the P+S sunscreen? That doesn't bode well for me in FL if it is! (BTW, I never did hear back from the company!)
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
Yes Rileygirl, it was the P+S. Maybe if I had used the full pump it would be different? Which email did you use? spa@pureandsimple.ca ?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
moosejavian wrote:
Yes Rileygirl, it was the P+S. Maybe if I had used the full pump it would be different? Which email did you use? spa@pureandsimple.ca ?

Keep me posted, Moose if the you have the same feeling when you use 1 pump.

Yes, that is the email address I used!
Sydney
5% products discount

Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:18 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Rileygirl, that helps. I'm hoping to cut ret A and blender down to twice a week, if I used it nightly my skin would look constantly red and peeling I'm sure, then there would be no point in doing treatment as my skin would look awful anyway!!!

I have left all products off now for 5 days to allow redness and peeling to totally subside, I just needed to see the finished product!! I plan to restart with maintenance from tomorrow. Very Happy Hope I can keep up with the results. Is it normal to have redness and peeling on the maintenance? Should you cut down on the product if the side-effects are too much? I'm sure that I will now have as many questions on maintenance as I had on full treatment Razz
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:53 am      Reply with quote
syedney...Congrstas on ur great succeess...so happy for you....is that true that once u stopped using obagi nuderm for few days,,then u get to see the results and the results are not that obvious during the time ur on that regimen ?
Moose,,,hope u r well,,,,my skin is peelingl like crazy....when would this stop..how is ur skin doing anyway...
Riley,,as u said above that some people need only 12 weeks beofre going on maintenenace and some need longer,,what would decide it ? is it that i feel all the flaws have disappeared and then i can go on maintenence ?
I peel more when i have skin reti a for one night,,and then apply it the next night,,,oh I peel soo much in the morning...Is this peeling going to subside on maintenence ? how can one live with it for the rest of their lives ?
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
Moose,,,have u already bought the Jane iredale mineral makeup ??? if yes,,then which shade u got ? i found that Amber is on a pink side rather than yellow,,warm sieenna is yellow but a bit dark..which one u chose >????
Also if u applying mineral powder on top,,,dont u think it would decrease the effcets of obagi nuderm,since it would absorb claer/exfoderm ???
What do u think sweety ?
Sydney
5% products discount

Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Maheen,

All the way through my treatment until last Wednesday my skin has been red and peeling lots. I took my first break break off treatment for my birthday as I was going on a spa break with hubby and friends, it takes about 4 days for skin to look normal with minimal peeling. However, I do not advise taking breaks if you can avoid them, as psychologically it is much harder to restart the treatment once you have stopped. Try and stay on it for as long as you possibly can. I am concerned that when I start maintenance and start reapplying the tretinoin and exfoderm it is going to spoil my nice new complexion, which is why I am going to try and get away with minimal applications. I really want to maintain my current complexion, it is only when you put your before and after piccies together that you realise how bad your skin was before treatment.

I used mineral powder, I don't think it has affected absorption of products as am pleased with results. Smile
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
maheen1 wrote:

Riley,,as u said above that some people need only 12 weeks beofre going on maintenenace and some need longer,,what would decide it ? is it that i feel all the flaws have disappeared and then i can go on maintenence ?
I peel more when i have skin reti a for one night,,and then apply it the next night,,,oh I peel soo much in the morning...Is this peeling going to subside on maintenence ? how can one live with it for the rest of their lives ?

I think everyone's best bet, if they are not following a derm and listening to their advice, is to stick it out for 18 weeks. However, if you are totally happy with your skin at 12 weeks there is no saying you can't stop the full regimen and go on maintenance. This is one of the reasons I always say people should be under the care of a derm, the derm would tell you exactly how long, or when to stop!
Sydney
5% products discount

Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Riley, I am under the care of a consultant physician and he suggested that even though he advises 18 weeks of treatment, he felt that at 10 weeks I could have stopped. I was so determined tho and also addicted to the regime that I was determined to see the 18 weeks through.....but alas 13 weeks was all I managed!!! Confused I need to speak to him this week with regards to maintenance, but I knew that you had previously posted on this, I had also seen other websites but for the life of me cannot find them now. But my plan is to take your info and take his advice then probably do my own thing!!! Laughing
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Hi, Sydney! I am happy to hear that your skin looks great. Some people only need 12 weeks before they are ready to go on maintenance, so you must be one of those lucky ones!!

Here's the "normal" maintenance schedule for Nu Derm:

AM: Cleanse/Tone. Clear 2-3 mornings a week, on opposite days Exfoderm 2 mornings a week. Sunscreen.

PM: Cleanse/Tone, and then Retin A/Blender anywhere from 2-5 nights a week.

The play comes in with the Blender/RA combo and how many nights one needs to use them. Some people can maintain they results with only 2 nights a week use. However, others need to use the products 5 nights a week to maintain results. You will have to play around and see what your own skin requires. Your goal is to use the 2 products combined the least amount of days you need to in order to maintain what you have achieved.

On the off days and nights when you don't use Obagi products, you can use whatever you want.

Here you go, Sydney! Normal Nu Derm maintenance.
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
Riley, today it was cloudy so I didn't get to test the efficacy of the P+S. That's weird that they didn't reply to your email, maybe you can try again?

Maheen, I haven't bought the JI yet. I think I will go with the Golden starter kit which has Warm Sienna and Golden Glow pressed powder in it. I've read on the FB page from one lady that she uses Warm Sienna on the pressed but when she tried that same shade on the loose, it was a bit light. They recommended for her to use Golden Glow. So I guess depending on the product, you might end up with different shades.

Sydney, if you don't mind maybe you can share your before and after pics! You'd be an inspiration to the rest of us!
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Moose...then probably if the comact poweder is a bit dark for me,,i can try the loose form,,it might work for me,,
And yes Sydneyyyyyyyy plzzzzzzzzz we would lvoe to see ur before and after pics,....seriously we need it Smile we ll be motivated and more encouraged to see ur beautful after Obagi results.Smile
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
Moose i just read some where that the shade Golden glow in compact form is lgither than the loose form,,,,,hmmmwhich means that the loose form is darker than the compact form and vice versa Smile
As far as i undertsand u said that u have read somewhere about the warm sieenna loose mineral powder being lighter than the compact form ? am i understading it right ? Do u u have anyway of confirming that the llose form is actually lighter than the compact form ? u know i really wanna buy the jane iredale products now since i have to o attend a weediing soon,,,i wanna buy the warm sienna loos mineral powder IF it is really lighter than its compact form...Plzzz let me know if u have anyother info about it...Smile
Thanksssssssss........
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone!

Sydney, Congrats on going on maintenance! It's great that you're pleased with your skin after such a short period of time. I just started seeing results at about the 12-13 week mark. I still peel sometimes on maintenance and I think it's because I don't use the retin a every night. If I did, I think my skin would be acclimated and wouldn't peel periodically. Sometimes, I just get lazy!

Maheen and Moosej, Keep your spirits up, Maheen! I know you're making progress and your skin will keep improving. Some of us have tougher issues to deal with than others and we just have to stay in for the long haul! Smile
Did you get your sunscreen figured out, Moosej? Being out in the sun scares me too. After working so hard to get rid of the sun spots and freckles, I DO NOT want them to come back and start this whole process over from square one!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
Maheen, oops sorry, I just read the post on the FB page again and they were talking about the pressed and the liquid foundation. It seems the liquid of the same shade is lighter. Can you not try them on at the store anymore? Hopefully you will get a response on the FB page!

Kims, the JI starter kit is now available at the spaboutique here in Canada. I am hoping that with the sunscreen and the dream tint and pressed base of JI will protect me. Have you used the dream tint? Not sure if it is ok to use with the Obagi since it is a moisturizer with spf 15? I know the pressed gives a spf 20 so that will be good hopefully.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't used the Dream Tint; is it kind of like a primer? Another thing I wanted to add about JI make up is that the pressed powder is somewhat lighter than the loose powder in the same shade. I didn't even think about this when I bought it (your post above reminded me of this.)

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
Dream tint is a tinted moisturizer. Here is the list of ingredients:
Ingredients:
Titanium Dioxide 4.5%. Water/Eau/Aqua, Algae Extract, Sambucus Nigra (Elder Flower) Extract, Dimethicone, Jojoba Esters, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Stearate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Glycerin, Boron Nitride, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Cetearyl Candelillate, Camellia Sinensis (White Tea) Leaf Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Vanilla Tahitensis Fruit Extract, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Extract, Glyceryl Polymethalcrylate. [+/- (May Contain) Iron Oxides (CI 77489, CI 77491, CI 77492)], Mica (CI 7701
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
Moose thats alright..yes i was wondering hwats true since i read the opposite on another site...
Kims thanks for the support:) i m sure i ll complete 24 weeks no matter what and yes my issues are a bit more severe than others,,specially the acne scars thats r still as visible as they were ever...The blothciness is gone and that was one of the main reasons i started obagi Smile Retin a caused some acne and now it has healed but it has left new scars somewhat blackish and reddish so now tryin gto get rid of it Smile
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Riley girl and sydney....
Sydney so happy that u r finally done with great results...hope the same for myself and Moosejavian...
Riley i think i ll need to compelte the 24 week cycle since still improvement has to be done...the acne caused by retin a has left marks and now trying to treat them Smile
Thanks girls ...
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:56 pm      Reply with quote
Maheen so maybe if you tried the Warm Sienna in the liquid it would work better? I am used to a liquid foundation but the reason I didn't consider that was that it didn't have the spf in it which I would like. Oh and I had the major peelies over the weekend too. My forehead which hasn't really peeled in the first cycle was coming out in big sheets. I liked it though! I have some large pores on there too which I think have diminished after the peel. I was really only considering doing the 18wk regimen but now maybe I will end up with the 24wk just to see if that would really improve my pore size.
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:57 pm      Reply with quote
Kims can i ask you which shade of jane iredale makeup do u use and if its purepressed or loose ?
I just read somewhere that loose is about 2 steps darker than the purepressed form in the same shade....aahh so confusing..i really wnated to get the loose form...my nordstrom spa doesnt carry the loose form.ANyway i tried the purepressed form and it was almost right for me,if not exaclty...i tried the shade warm sienna ,,,amber was a bit more pink for me...
So if warm sienna was the rigth shade for me in purepressed form then in the loose form which shade will be right for me,,,,note..i have a yellow skin tone...Smile
Sorry i know i m really bothering u all...why is it so hard for me to get the right shade...
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:02 pm      Reply with quote
hehe good luck with that...glad that ur forehead is finally peeling...today when i woke up all my face was full of flakies excpet for my forehead..i know it feels so good to see peeling happening but i hipe ince we have completed the cycles,,,the peeling stops...i dont wanna live with a flaky face for the rest of my life...
I really dont wanna use the liquid foundation..i hate applying wet stuff on my face and thats why i was really happy to find that there r foundations that r not wet,,that r in dry form...
Thats why i wanna get the powder form,,was more intereted in the llose mineral base but have read somewhere that it is 2 steps darker than the purepressed form...but if i go two steps behind in the loose form,,then there is no foundation that is for yellow skin tones...i have a yellow skin tone ...
May be i should giv eup,and end up buying the warm sienna purepressed form...i hope its gives the same coverage...i wanted something sheer,,but have heard that it is more like a matte finish with purepressed form...lets see SadSadSad
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:33 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |