Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
My Obagi nuderm diary...with follow up :)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Sydney
5% products discount

Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
Also, I have noticed a difference in my pores, I do think that they are smaller and my skin feels and looks a bit tighter. Also don't fret ladies, my eyes were dreadfully dry and wrinkly when on agressive obagi, now they are much better that I am on maintenance!!!
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Sydney, That's great news for you! If your maintenance plan is working for you , then I'd stick with it. If not, then you can always add the products more frequently. I've been pretty happy with my skin during maintenance, and I hardly ever use the Exfoderm Forte.

Maheen, Since being on maintenance, my face isn't red or even pink at all. But during the regular Nuderm routine, I stayed pretty pink. I always looked like I had a mild sun burn.

Moosej, I think addressing large pores is a tough issue. I have oily skin which usually means large pores as well. Quite honestly, I don't think Obagi did much to help with my pores. My skin is overall tighter and healthier, however.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
Sydney, your maintenance schedule looks pretty good! Hope you are able to keep up your results with it.

Kims, are you then trying other stuff to help with the pore size? I am trying to research now on what other products to use when I am on maintenance and there is just so many out there it's hard to decide! I think I will start off with the OCM and see how that works.
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:25 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Kims,...Honestly its a very good feeling to know that this redness is temporarily Smilei hope mine gets better once i finished...
Rileygirl,,i think u wrote that u dont use exfoderm on maintenance,,,why was that so ? and r u not using Obagi anymore? not even for maintenance?
Moose,,,,good to hear our skin can look non obagi at times,,,hehehe,,,hope it will always look non obagi not red once we r on maintenance Smile
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:39 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Moosej,
I really don't know what to do about pore size! Supposedly, we really can't change the size of them. Min e are most prominent on my nose and cheeks. How about you? I sometimes will use masks to temporarily "tighten" them and I think mineral powder helps a little too.
I think we probably are much more aware of them than anyone else. I've heard/read that Dr. Brandt"s Pores No More is really effective, but I haven't ever used it.

My under eye wrinkles and large pores are really my chief skin complaints at the moment. Obagi Nuderm has really taken care of the sunspots.

I guess there's always something...

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:48 pm      Reply with quote
maheen1 wrote:
Thanks Kims,...Honestly its a very good feeling to know that this redness is temporarily Smilei hope mine gets better once i finished...
Rileygirl,,i think u wrote that u dont use exfoderm on maintenance,,,why was that so ? and r u not using Obagi anymore? not even for maintenance?
Moose,,,,good to hear our skin can look non obagi at times,,,hehehe,,,hope it will always look non obagi not red once we r on maintenance Smile

Hi Maheen, It may be me that you're thinking about. I hardly ever use the Exfoderm Forte, and it's really just because I forget about it! My bad!! But really, I've been happy on maintenance and have been able to "maintain" my results. Go figure... However, I'm getting ready to do the full blown regime -- as recommended yearly-- in April and I will be incorporating all of the products. So, I'm sure I'll be red-faced and peeling like crazy!

I think Obagi recommends an 18-week regimen each year, but my plan is to just do a six-week program and see where I am at that point. Trying to have youthful skin and reversing sun damage is quite a chore!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:36 am      Reply with quote
Kims & Moose ~ I'm in the same boat as you. I'm only in my 7th week, but I'm trying to figure out what kind of regime to do once I go on maintenance. I think I'm going to continue with only the toner (daily) and blender/tretinoin (every 3rd day) while on maintanence.
I also have large pores, so let me know what you two come up with to help with that. One little trick I do is once I'm done with my make-up, I dip my finger into my BE Mineral Veil and pat it into the pores around my nose. It really helps to hid them. It doesn't stay all day, but you can just take it with you and very easily reapply wherever you are. One problem is that it doesn't work very well at the times that you're all dry and flaky from the Obagi. Try it and tell me what you think.
I know for sure that I'll be using a DIY C serum once I'm on maintance, but I'm not sure what else to use. I only want to use the essentials. Any advice from the experts?

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:42 am      Reply with quote
Oh! And one other thing that I found for the large pores issue is Monistat . . . No, not the you-know-what-cream, it's actually an anti-chafing gel/powder that is made by Monistat that works wonderfully as a primer! I know what you're thinking, but trust me. Do a little looking on your favorite beauty forums and you will see that women are raving about it. It is said to be better than Smashbox and costs around $7! I got mine at Target. Comically, they had it next to the yeast infection creams. Guess the Monistat name fooled the store too. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:24 am      Reply with quote
maheen1 wrote:

I unfortunately can't stay on the HQ for any longer than 3 months or I get a black nail on my hand and my liver enzymes start elevating. So, I usually do a cycle of Nu Derm once a year, and then I stop. This may make people feel better, but the longer I have done this yearly cycle, the more my pigmentation stays gone and does not return. I now only have 3 sun spots (1 on left cheek, 2 on right cheek) that are smaller than a pencil eraser size.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:02 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
maheen1 wrote:

I unfortunately can't stay on the HQ for any longer than 3 months or I get a black nail on my hand and my liver enzymes start elevating. So, I usually do a cycle of Nu Derm once a year, and then I stop. This may make people feel better, but the longer I have done this yearly cycle, the more my pigmentation stays gone and does not return. I now only have 3 sun spots (1 on left cheek, 2 on right cheek)

that are smaller than a pencil eraser size.

That is good news,Rileygirl! Are you still planning on going a round with Nuderm?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:05 am      Reply with quote
Beann,
Sounds like your monistat trick may be worth a try! Thanks!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:57 am      Reply with quote
Beann, is it the Monistat gel or powder that you use as primer? And does that go on after the SS to act as primer for the MMU? I would have to look at that when I am at the store.

Kims, yeah, it's my nose and cheeks too, it's almost like a big triangle area right smack in the middle of my face. Sad Rolling Eyes I wonder what Jane Iredal product would be recommended for a cover up? I would have to ask at the spa when I go there next.

I think exfoliation is key to preventing large pores so that the oil doesn't sit in them and makes it balloon up so I will probably keep using the exfoderm and then maybe experiment with the OCM. I am just hoping I don't purge anymore from it after purging with Obagi.
beann1210
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:58 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Kims, but the Monistat stuff is not my discovery to take credit for. I think I ran in to it on makeupalley.com. Can't quite remember, but it works pretty well.
Rileygirl ~ Thanks for the input on HQ. I'm not very knowledgable about the dangers of it. Can you fill me in? Maybe I should do just the tretinoin a few times a week on maintenance and then do the whole system once a year. Can I use the tretinoin without the blender or should I get a different brand of Retinol, like Renova?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
beann1210 wrote:

Rileygirl ~ Thanks for the input on HQ. I'm not very knowledgable about the dangers of it. Can you fill me in? Maybe I should do just the tretinoin a few times a week on maintenance and then do the whole system once a year. Can I use the tretinoin without the blender or should I get a different brand of Retinol, like Renova?

Honestly, IMO, there are no dangers with HQ. It is just my particular body that is affected this way. I do have an autoimmune disease, which could contribute. I have not read about this happening to other people, so don't get worried. That is one reason I hesitate to say anything. I don't want to worry people. I personally have researched HQ and I feel it is safe. Studies done used a Very high amount of HQ, way more than we put on our face with Nu Derm. So, no worries in my opinion!

Now that said, the point with maintenance is to use the least amount of product that you can in order to maintain the results you got while on the 18 weeks. Some people need to stay on the HQ for prevention of the return of pigmentation, but I know at least 1 sweet lady that has gotten away with only using the RA.

If you choose to not use the HQ, you can still use the tretinoin you presently use. The Renova is the same thing in a moisturizing base, so if you find your skin is dry while on maintenance you could try that.
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
Do you guys know if it's ok to put the products on in the morning and then wash them off in the afternoon? Sometimes I only work for a half day and would like to just wash my face when I get home and just have SS on after. Do you guys think that the 5 hours or so of the products being on my face would have done it's job? Or does it keep working until it gets washed off? TIA!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
kims wrote:

That is good news,Rileygirl! Are you still planning on going a round with Nuderm?

I am not positive, kims. I am giving the LPB some more time. I got major fast fading in 1 week, but since then I have not seen any other fading! But, since it is just like putting water on your skin, I am ok using up the entire bottle and then seeing how the spots look!
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
Moose u wear sunscreen at home ???
Yes Kims u r right that was you:)
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
Beann,
I do use the Clear about two times per week on maintenance -- just to hopefully keep the sun spots from coming back. You can see how you do without it and then add it back in if you need to.

Moosej,
I think you'd be fine washing your face in the afternoon and just applying sunscreen. You'll be applying the products later in the p.m. I haven't looked into the Jane Iredale line to see what they have for pores. Let me know if you find something!

Maheen,
I wear sunscreen too in the house, even on days when I'm staying in.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hope this might help,can not remember where I read this but,the exfodern it what helps the enlarged pores,it really helped and even now I still put it on in those areas,along with exfoliation and it has helped a great deal.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
Leggy 61 wrote:
Hope this might help,can not remember where I read this but,the exfodern it what helps the enlarged pores,it really helped and even now I still put it on in those areas,along with exfoliation and it has helped a great deal.

Thanks, Leggy! For some reason, I forget about the Exfoderm and I really do need to start using it more consistently. I think large pores also make your skin have a rougher looking texture, and Exfoderm is supposed to help with that too.

Do you know if it's ok to use the Exfoderm at night rather than as part of the a.m. routine?

P.S. Will get back to your pm!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
I have used it at night,but still just the pore area not all over. Yes it does help with my rough texture,that is why I started on nuderm in the first place,but was amazed at how it cleaned up everything else. I put it on thinly,than my SS and makeup.
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Leggy, do you do any other methods of exfoliation aside from just using the exfoderm?
Leggy 61
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
Yes I use Nanci micro cloth,but I use exfoderm very lightly,and I have been on maintenance for a year,so when I see the pores I use the exfodern.
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
Leggy, I just checked out the microfiber cloths from NCN (I'm guessing that's what you meant). Did you use that while on the Nuderm cycle or only during maintenance? Would it be good for taking the flakies off?

Today my face was peely again, not the large chunks but more like many little ones all over the face!
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
Kims, do you think the JI magic mitt will work for exfoliation? It is a microfiber cloth too. I want to have the option of buying it locally if I can because if I went with NCN I might end up paying duties.
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:25 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |