Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
My Obagi nuderm diary...with follow up :)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
WAIT everyone,,the previous post has goone werd...Leggy i am happy that u r liking the resultas,,,may be by 14th week,,my skin will be even better Smile hopefully...
Kims,,,,,thank u soo soo so much,,,i wish i had taken some before and after pics to show u girls Smile
Bean...this is what kims told me,,i can stop obagi for 2 to 3 days before such occasiion and then start it again once i m done...i had a wedding cming of my cousin in may and before 2 days,,,i ll stop obagi and will re start in 4 to 5 days Smile

The problem with previous post was that i posted the answer for leggy in front of kims name and Kims,in front of leggys Smile
azumma
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:39 am      Reply with quote
WoW interesting !! I am just finished the second round Obagi Nuderm. And I am on maintenance now. Using only Clear and blender every other day at night only. I peeled a lot on second round (I didn't peel that much on first round I don't know why) and at that time, I thought my freckles gone completely. But after finishing all my 18 weeks, it appears again a little bit even though I am still on maintenance. (Why this freckles keep coming out again??) Also my pore didn't get smaller. reappearing freckles and pore are annoying. What have I done wrong?? I am happy with Obagi since my skin got better definately. My skin looks prettier than before Obagi. But I want my freckles completely gone and my pore gets smaller. Do I have to thrid round again? It was soooooo painful on second round. I don't want to go back again. Sad
azumma
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:42 am      Reply with quote
I mean I am not complaining but I don't think I get a result like you guys. In this forum, everybody got a fantastic results. Completely gone their freckles and sun spots.... Confused
beann1210
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
Maheen ~ Wonderful! I'm so happy you are finally at the point of success. I'm still having good days and bad, but, hey, at least there's some good days! THANK YOU FOR ALL THE HUGS, GIRLS! God knows I need them right now. Not just for my skin, but everything in my life right now. Glad I have all of you!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Azumma,
Did you do 18 weeks for your second round and you're now on maintenance once again? And some freckles are returning already?

What sunscreen are you using? Also, are you still using retin a with the Blender. You may try using the products more frequently while on maintenance. Just some thoughts.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
azumma, maybe the every other night of the Blender isn't enough to keep your freckles gone? Or are you saying they never totally went away to begin with?
beann1210
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone used Vitamin C serum while the first 18 weeks of Obagi, before getting to maintanence? Do you think it would mess up the treatment?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
Beann, check this out: http://www.skincare-md.com/index.cfm?event=regimen&id=7

I've used my C serum some days, it is supposed to give you added sun protection too. I just use mine during the day. I've had my Vivier CE kinerol for over a year now, not sure if it is still active but I still keep using it anyway.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:01 pm      Reply with quote
beann1210 wrote:
Has anyone used Vitamin C serum while the first 18 weeks of Obagi, before getting to maintanence? Do you think it would mess up the treatment?

Hi Beann,
It's fine to use Vit C while on Nuderm. You would apply it after the toner in the morning.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:39 am      Reply with quote
Dear Kims,,,Riley,anyone,everyone who knows the answer....
I m going on vacation for 10 days and i was wondering if i can take a complete break from Obagi for that long,yes for 10 full days ? or is it going to revert my skin back to where it was,,,not so beautiful ? my skin is flaking alot these days,,very dry and tight and since i will stay at a relative"s house,,,i really dont want them to see me in this ugly phase....
If i take a break for 10 daysm,,,,and when i ll start obagi again,,would it be like starting from scratch ??????
Helppppppppppp.......is 10 days alot to take a break ???
Thanks my girls Smile
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
Maheen, I can't remember who but someone took a break from Obagi while on holidays too and just kept using the Clear maybe?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
maheen1 wrote:
Dear Kims,,,Riley,anyone,everyone who knows the answer....
I m going on vacation for 10 days and i was wondering if i can take a complete break from Obagi for that long,yes for 10 full days ? or is it going to revert my skin back to where it was,,,not so beautiful ? my skin is flaking alot these days,,very dry and tight and since i will stay at a relative"s house,,,i really dont want them to see me in this ugly phase....
If i take a break for 10 daysm,,,,and when i ll start obagi again,,would it be like starting from scratch ??????
Helppppppppppp.......is 10 days alot to take a break ???
Thanks my girls Smile

Your skin will not go back to where it was before in 10 days. You can definitely take a break the entire time, though just keep in mind you may have to add an extra week in at the end of your treatment to make up for that. You may go through a little of the flakiness, etc. when you start back up. It would be great if you could at least stay with the tretinoin those 10 days, but if not, it isn't going to affect you that greatly in the long run!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
beann1210 wrote:

It is actually a Great thing to do and can definitely speed up the reduction of the brown spots. I use Skinceuticals C, E, Ferulic and used that when I did Nu Derm. You can use Any C serum. You would use it once a day in the morning.
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
My overseas order of tretinoin cream finally arrived today! Yay! I'm excited! I've been getting lazy with the Nuderm lately, just a lot of peeling and I was blaming my tret gel for that. So here's hoping that the cream will be better for me. Although I've gone up to 0.05%. After 12 wks, I'm finally moving up, lol.
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Riley girl Smile\
i have no problem using tretinoin in these ten days....do u think it wont make my skin peel ? i really dont want people to see my skin shedding like i m a snake....do u think i can also moisturize my face in the morning?
Thanks Smile
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
MOose i m not sure which product makes in obagi u peel...tret,blender,exfo or claer ? i would want to avoid that during these 10 days,,,also i wan tto use the moisturizer in the am time all these 10 days to avoid these lines on my face,,,i look so old cuz of them....
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
maheen, usually it is the tretinoin that makes you peel, but if you are taking a break from the Nu Derm, try the tretinoin at night and moisturize in the day. See if that works. If not and you are still peeling then just wait until you are ready to get back into Nu Derm full swing. My thinking was that it might make your start up easier if you continued on the tretinoin, but really 10 days isn't going to hurt you to stop everything!
beann1210
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks girls for the Vitamin C answers! I wish I would have asked it sooner, as I thought using it was a no-no. Oh well, now I know.
I also have a peeling question . . . I peeled a lot in the beginning. I think this is my 8th week; started on Feb 9. Anyway, I still peel, but just not as often. In the beginning it was an every-day affair. Now it's three days a week, I guess. Question is - Does the peeling ever go away completely? Or do I have to wait until maintenance to stop peeling? Or is there peeling on maintenance too . . . ? Gosh, I hope not. Shock Another thing I noticed is that the peeling is different than it was at first. It was a much more dry flakey peel in the beginning. Now it's more like it "rolls" off my face. Or maybe a better way to describe it would be that the skin kinda balls up when I rub it off. Did anyone else have this? I do like it much better than the dry flakies!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hey! I thought of another question! They're just pouring outta me tonight! Laughing
Has anyone else used a Clairosonic face brush while on Obagi? Thoughts?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
Beann, yeah I have different types of peeling too. I used to have big sheets coming off. I also had that rolling peeling you were describing. The last few days I just had all over tiny peeling which was quite annoying! It was harder to camouflage. I also found too that after a major peel it would settle down a bit and then at the start of the next skin cycle, it was major again. Or maybe your skin has just adjusted so well to it that you won't peel anymore!
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
oh thanks Riley girl....u r right....i will try that first and then see what happens...Smile

otherwise will stop completely for 10 days,,,might also see the real results since the redness will subside Smile
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:12 am      Reply with quote
beann1210 wrote:
Hey! I thought of another question! They're just pouring outta me tonight! Laughing
Has anyone else used a Clairosonic face brush while on Obagi? Thoughts?

Hi Beann,
I used the Clarisonic while on Nuderm -- and still do. It's great for exfoliation and getting rid of the "peelies."

I pretty much peeled -- in some form or fashion -- during the whole process. And, I still peel at times while on maintenance (like right now!) I guess that means that our skin is continuing to renew but it can be rather annoying as well.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:19 am      Reply with quote
Hi Maheen,
I took breaks from Nuderm while on vacation last summer. Like you, I didn't want to be red and peely the entire time! I did use Clear; I absolutely did not want any sun spots showing up! And, I also used retin a -- but not every night. And, of course, plenty of sunscreen.

Hope you have a great vacation!! Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:29 am      Reply with quote
moosejavian wrote:
Beann, yeah I have different types of peeling too. I used to have big sheets coming off. I also had that rolling peeling you were describing. The last few days I just had all over tiny peeling which was quite annoying! It was harder to camouflage. I also found too that after a major peel it would settle down a bit and then at the start of the next skin cycle, it was major again. Or maybe your skin has just adjusted so well to it that you won't peel anymore!

Hey Moose ~ I agree that our skin calms down after a major peel and then goes into the next "cycle". Calm stage = Wow days. Next cycle = peeling, yucky days. Can't wait to start seeing more Wow days!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:30 am      Reply with quote
moosejavian wrote:

What strength tretinoin are you on, and have you been on the same strength the whole time? I'm doing the big 0.1%.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:02 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |