Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

My Obagi nuderm diary...with follow up :)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
najlaali wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply..

i'm 36 years old and have an light olive tone skin. I'm using the all the products in the obagi nuderm and i don't have any diaper rash cream!!!!! is that a must have?????

Rileygirl do u think that using diaper rash ointment is going to help the area that is already a bit dark???? also have any of u experienced that or have i done some damage to that area Sad Sad Sad

Hi, majlaali. I know that it is normal for pigmented areas to get darker before they start to lift up and fade away. So, at only 3 weeks in I would not be worried. Now, if patches are still getting darker at about the 8 week mark, then I would definitely go see your derm/esty.

The diaper rash cream isn't a part of Nu Derm, but it can be a real lifesaver if you get raw spots, as the zinc oxide will heal those raw spots very quickly. If you have a thick, paste-like zinc based sunscreen, that will also work on the raw spots. The diaper rash cream will not help in lightening the brown spots.

If you are using the Sunfader, I would stop that and use a good strong physical sunscreen. What sunscreen are you using, and are you out in the sun a lot? Are you under the care of a derm/esty? If you are, it may help ease your mind if you went to see them and had them take a look at your skin.
najlaali

Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Rileygirl... Smile

I'm using the sunscreen that came along with the nuderm package.. Question

I'm not out in the sun that often, only to run errands and pick-up and drop off kids @ school or anywhere they need to be... Laughing

I do hope that this works!!!!!
i don't know if u have read my prior posts about my trip overseas this june Cool i'm hoping that by that time the redness and peeling are over... Neutral

Thanks again u all have been great... Very Happy
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
najlaali wrote:
Thanks Rileygirl... Smile

I'm using the sunscreen that came along with the nuderm package.. Question

I'm not out in the sun that often, only to run errands and pick-up and drop off kids @ school or anywhere they need to be... Laughing

I do hope that this works!!!!!
i don't know if u have read my prior posts about my trip overseas this june Cool i'm hoping that by that time the redness and peeling are over... Neutral

Thanks again u all have been great... Very Happy

You're welcome, najlaali!

Hope your skin looks great in June for your trip!
its_kristy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:27 am      Reply with quote
moosejavian wrote:
Kristy, I'm the same way, my hyperpigmentation was from acne. Do you know if that runs deep as well? I still have some stubborn spots that hasn't gone away.

MJ, I'm not sure if PIH runs as deep as hyperpigmentation from photodamage or not. I did read that if the damage is in the dermis (vs the epidermis) that the hyperpigmentation has a blue or grey appearance vs a distinct brown. Is yours blue or grey? Mine is very dark but distinctly brown. I'm pretty there are several areas on my face that will not be fully removed.
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
Kristy, mine are dark brown too, so does that means it is just in the epidermis? Then it would be easier to "fix"?

Najlaali, is your ss at least an spf 30? You should also apply it even when you are only indoors.
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
Friends need help....
As u gilrs already know that i was on vacations for 12 days and stopped obagi completely....
So now i m back and have started obagi again for the last 2 days...My skin feels tight,,peeling a bit too but the area around the eye is very dry and wrinkly,,,dont remember if it was that severe when i started the first time...
My husband is saying again that i m ruining my skin and i ask him why so he says its becuz i m using obagi and my eyes are allwrinkleed as if i m 70 years old....and he thinks these r permanent...
Just need assurity that this is normal,,,i can use a nigth cream etc,,,but this is temporary...
its al bcuz of the dryness right ?
i dont know if i m doing anything wrong...
Also what sunscreens are u girls using...i bought the burn out after the suggestions on EDS forum,,but when ever i apply it,,i get rashes and severe peeling on my face,,dont think its good for me..
Do u girls know of any sunscreen that u would recommend me,physical one that i can apply without getitg afraid that its too oily or whitish...???
Thanks buddies Smile
Sydney
5% products discount

Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:53 am      Reply with quote
Hi Maheen, great to hear that you are happy with your skin so far on Obagi. Going back onto it is hard after taking a break as I'm sure you are finding out, this is why I only lasted 13 weeks (although I am still very happy with my results being 6 weeks on maintenance now ). The wrinkly eyes are normal I think as these too were problem areas for me whilst on full Obagi, they do get better and go away once on maintenance, use a good moisture cream am and pm. You just have to bite the bullet again and plough on, the end result will be worth it!!! Smile
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:09 am      Reply with quote
Hi Maheen,
I think your skin is just reacting to the Nuderm products normally since you took a hiatus while on vacation. You can use any kind of eye cream you'd like while on Obagi. Again, your wrinkles aren't permanent, and I bet
you look no where near 70!!

I use NIA24 sunscreen and it works for me. It does have a whitish cast but sinks in quite nicely. I really like their products and would like to incorporate some of them into maintenance.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:42 am      Reply with quote
Thanks alot Kims and Sydney.....gladto hear that the wrinkles are not permanent Very Happy
and yeah ,,,this is the initial gift obagi gives u...very irritating,,,,,its like starting obagi again...very dry skin,hard to smile,tight,,,and a bit sore...i remember when i was at week 12,before going on vacation,there was no more sunburnt appearance and the face wasnt tight...Smile
Hope tosee that soon again...hope it doesnt take as long as it took when i first started Obagi...wish me luck,,
Kims,,,where can i buy Nia24 other than this forum ? is there ANY store that sells that...?
Thanks my buddies...Smile
mitra

Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:04 am      Reply with quote
hi girls,im a new bee.I am on first day of third week obagi nu derm. my problem is aging spots plus open pores and dull and heavy texture, things which make u put on heavy makeup everywhere even on the beach! now after 2 weeks I am thrilled by the result, it looks fresh and young. browns are fading, smaller pores,... but its so wierd cuz i dont have ANY peeling and i look normal, just a bit pinky light red which i like it cuz i have always been so yellow!!!
i read all the forum, i noticed most of u r looking for a good mineral make up, PLSSSSS just try Gurlain its MAGIC. very very nice and natural satin finish, and it has an aqua foundation which has moisturizer plus spf 20.
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:22 am      Reply with quote
Mitra welcome on this forum...glad u r liking the results so far..we ll r going thru some phse of obagi nuderm and i think,almost all of us r liking what we r getting from nuderm.....
dont think it matters much if u r not peeling,,,doesnt mean its not working..for me,,,i peeled alot and i still peel whuile on the 3rd cycle of obagi...
I m also thrille dby the results...some day is worse than the other...stil l there r phases when i m doubtful about obagi working on me and th eother days i m soo happy to see my face and the changes obagi has made...Smile
Keep going,,u ll be happy ...
And thanks for the recommendation.,..would u be able to tell us where we can buy it form.,i mean the mineral makeup Gurlain..is it also available in stores ?
Thanks Smile and Goooooood Luck Smile
mitra

Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
dear maheen, my typing sucks! it is Guerlain which is a french brand. It is soooooooo nice. Im so proud of myself to find such a thing!they have all kind of make up and also a line of organic and mineral foundation, loose powder and so on. there is a foundation which name is AQUA in 10 different shades. it is like a satin moisturizer which has a beautiful coverage and gives u a veeeery nice glow like the pictures of covergirls! and it also has a mineral loose powder which name is Terracotta which is a flawless bronzing powder, damn natural!!!!!! I can swear it is made for obagi nu derm, cuz it solves your dryness too, u can apply it without any base. Hope u can find it.
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
Dear Mitra Smile thank u sooo much ...but still dont know whichh store i can buy it from ? is it sold only online ??? Thanks Smile
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
Maheen, you can find a store locator here:
http://www.guerlain.com/int/en/base.html#/en/points-of-sale/

Mitra, wow, its awesome that you are already experiencing results so early on! Congrats! Imagine what it would be like when you finish all the cycles. No peeling is great too! Have you used tretinoin before?
mitra

Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:27 pm      Reply with quote
maheen,I live in Dubai.Here there are very big shopping malls where u can find these kinds of brands in beauty stores. brands like Esteelauder, Clarins, Chanel,Dior, and so on. it is not a pharmacy thing.
Moose, hi there, yes before obagi I was using retin a for about 1 year. I am 39 and as long as I remember I was taking care of my skin and using very famous brands, but I didnt get any result and I always had a bad skin. but this obagi is DAMN working!!!!
mitra

Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:54 pm      Reply with quote
and here is my routine,
Am: face wash and toner, clear, exfoderm and spf 35 in case i go out
Pm face wash and toner, blender and complex A
Just tell u, instead of using all these products around my eyes, I just use Professional-C serum 5% morning and night.in just 2 weeks i have amazing result, even my dark circle has gone!!! no dryness at all. Now Im going to add C serum 15% to my Am routine.
one more thing, 5 days ago I added clear to my Pm routine and I feel my spots r fading faster.
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:50 am      Reply with quote
Mitra, it's probably that your skin is used to the tretinoin that is why you don't peel anymore. But also make sure you are using 1/2gram of the products each time. But I think that if you are already seeing results then that is really awesome!
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:02 am      Reply with quote
Hi Mita and welcome to the forum! You're having really great results for such a short period of time. That's great!

Maheen, as far as I know, the NIA24 products are sold through derms, plastic surgeons, and spas. You might try Ebay too. The prices on EDS are actually a little cheaper than the ps's office in my area.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
thanks Kims for the info,,i ll check it out at ebay first Smile

Well one question for Riley girl,,you and my other friends who know the answer Smile

As u know i was on vacATion for 10 days after finishing the 12th week on obagi,,,now i m back and have started using obagi again,,this is my 13th week...
Actually today was a WOW moment for me when i was looknig at my face in the mirror and it was so clear,,more clear than ever on obagi or even i t was nt like that many years ago...and also yesterday night,,my face was looknig more even toned than ever...i was happy with it...
So ,i have decided not to do the 24 week cycle anymore instaed i ll go for the 18 week cycle now...
So my question is that what does actually make u decide that 18 weeks is fien for me or 24 weeks or only 6 weeks in enuff for me...i mean,,,i still have acne scars,,,still have red round small marks left by past acne,,,,,have a very tiny light brown melasma mark on my left cheek,,,,all the blotchiness has gone,,,my original comlpexion has returned,,i m not dark anymore,,,so do u girls think that obagi is going to help me get rid of the red acne scars as well,,,should i continue obagi for another 6 weeks after the 18th week if the red scars r still there ?
I dont know but i think that ots not going to do anything for the red acne marks or even the scars,,,,and i think that this is the maximum obagi can do for me what i have already achieved,,..
Plz experts come forward and suggest whats right for me SmileSmileSmile
Thankkkkkkkkkkssssssssssssssssssssssssss my firends...Smile
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
Maheen,
If you're happy with your skin after 18 weeks, go ahead and start maintenance. The good thing about Nuderm is that your skin will continue to improve if you stay on a consistent maintenance schedule. And never,ever forget the sunscreen!! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
wow...it will improve even on maintenance SmileSmileSmile
Yayyyyyyyyy.....
Thanks kims...
Honestly now this is the time that u and Rileygirl told me about,,,,that after 12th week your skin would be much better and u can see noticeable difference...I CAN already see my skin looks really nice now ,,lets see what tomorrow brings for me SmileSmileSmile
Thanks Kims Smile
Moosejavian hope u r doing amazing too Smile
micka686
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
maheen1 wrote:
Friends need help....
As u gilrs already know that i was on vacations for 12 days and stopped obagi completely....
So now i m back and have started obagi again for the last 2 days...My skin feels tight,,peeling a bit too but the area around the eye is very dry and wrinkly,,,dont remember if it was that severe when i started the first time...
My husband is saying again that i m ruining my skin and i ask him why so he says its becuz i m using obagi and my eyes are allwrinkleed as if i m 70 years old....and he thinks these r permanent...
Just need assurity that this is normal,,,i can use a nigth cream etc,,,but this is temporary...
its al bcuz of the dryness right ?
i dont know if i m doing anything wrong...
Also what sunscreens are u girls using...i bought the burn out after the suggestions on EDS forum,,but when ever i apply it,,i get rashes and severe peeling on my face,,dont think its good for me..
Do u girls know of any sunscreen that u would recommend me,physical one that i can apply without getitg afraid that its too oily or whitish...???
Thanks buddies Smile

I got a question ... do u use Obagi around your eyes????
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
Maheen,
If you're happy with your skin after 18 weeks, go ahead and start maintenance. The good thing about Nuderm is that your skin will continue to improve if you stay on a consistent maintenance schedule. And never,ever forget the sunscreen!! Smile

I agree, and yes the Retin A will continue to work while on maintenance so your skin can continue to improve. If you find that any of the brown pigmentation is coming back, then up the use of the Clear.

I think it is great that you have gotten the Wow moment! I am so happy for you, Maheen!
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
Micka,,,i have heard that we should apply everything in the eye area except for exfoderm,,,but for me,,,i use even that around my eyes...my dark circles are much lighter cuz of clear and blender Smile
Good Luck Smile

Rileygirl,thank u sooo much,,u r sooo nice Smile
U r right,,,retin a will work even on maintenance,,its a very good feeling,,my skin will improve and improve every passing day Smile nothing to lose but yes i know sunscreen is a must...and yes i m very prone to hyperpigmentation so i ll have to adjust the use of clear Smile have now decided to go for 18 weeks rather than 24 weeks Smile excited SmileSmileSmile
its_kristy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:45 pm      Reply with quote
moosejavian wrote:
Kristy, mine are dark brown too, so does that means it is just in the epidermis? Then it would be easier to "fix"?

MJ-

I found an abstract called Topical Treatments for Melasma and Postinflammatory Hyperpigmentation: Postinflammatory Hyperpigmentation (PIH)that does seem to indicate that hyperpigmentation contained to the epidermis is easier to treat than that which is found in the dermis.

"The amount of color change depends on the location of the melanin deposition. Epidermal involvement appears as brown discoloration whereas dermal deposition appears as blue-grey.[1] Mixed epidermal and dermal depositions appear as brown-grey discolorations. The use of a Wood's lamp can often be very beneficial in determining the location of melanin deposition showing enhancement of color contrast in lesional skin for the epidermal type, but not the dermal types. The mixed type has enhancement in some areas of lesional skin, but not in other areas.[2] Whether the melanin is deposited in the epidermis or dermis is important therapeutically because dermal hyperpigmentation is much more challenging to treat.[3]"

The rest of the abstract can be found below but you have to register to see the entire thing, which I do recommend. (membership is free).

Couple of interesting points:

Combination therapy, which consists of several methods(AHA/BHA, tretinoin, and/or hydroquinone or kojic acid) to reduce pigmentation and is what the Obagi system is considered to be, was not invented by Obagi. Some other guy named Kligman invented it in the 70's. Obagi just happened to be the one to popularize it.

Second, there were several clinical studies performed and at least one included niacinamide and N-acetyl glucosamine as part of the regimen. There were no reported side effects i.e. erythema, peeling, etc. Does anyone know where to get that?

"The combination of N-acetyl glucosamine (NAG) and niacinamide (Olay® Definity®) was recently shown to reduce facial hyperpigmentation in Japanese and Caucasian subjects with facial hyperpigmentation in two double-blind, vehicle-controlled, split-face, left-right randomized clinical studies.[37] In another double-blind, vehicle-controlled, full-face clinical study, a significant reduction in facial hyperpigmented spots was seen in patients with facial hyperpigmentation using the NAG 2% + niacinamide 4% formulation when compared with the vehicle regimen.[38] There were no adverse effects reported."

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/549273
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:39 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |