Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
My Obagi nuderm diary...with follow up :)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Tia2010
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:29 am      Reply with quote
its_kristy wrote:
Tia2010 wrote:

So even though I don't apply it directly to my eye area , my eyes still look awful ! They are dry and sooo wrinkled. Even my dh commented how my new skin care system was " kicking my eyes ass" Rolling Eyes Crying or Very sad

I cant imagine applying right under my eyes I look bad enough right now!!!!!

I don't know about you, but I see on-line ads for various beauty products and it often features a 'time-progressed' rendering of a woman with horrible wrinkling everywhere and just think "eesh, that's what I look like..." Embarassed

exactly!! As a matter of fact I'm going to my derm today because I woke up this morning with hooded / droopy eyes ! My once firm eyes are now actually almost sitting on my lashes ! When I started Obagi I had no loose skin around my eyes , now they are so loose and wrinkled they are "hanging" its crazy! I am going into see her today and find out if this is normal or a reaction. Crying or Very sad Even my teen sons noticed my eyes looked horrid , and they are teenagers who don't notice anything Rolling Eyes
fongflyer5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:34 am      Reply with quote
It's so frustrating to find something that works as well as the Obagi products that really help in improving your skin tone and maintaining it. I've just finish 22 weeks of Obagi, stopped 2 weeks short of doing 24 weeks & I'm about to go on maintainence now. I would love to try other products but Obagi has really proved to me nothing really worked as well. I decided to incorporate some of the Obagi CR range as I don't need such a aggressive approach now. I've tried other "bleaching" products like kojic acid, but honestly they had no effect. Good luck I hope you are able to find some other products that work just as well. One big thing I learnt during these past few months is the importance of a physical sunblock in keeping the pigmentation from returning.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
How come this whole NuDerm regimen does not help with acne problems Confused This does not make sense since we use so much Retin A!
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
Hi RussianSunshine, how long have you been on the Nuderm or RA at least? Maybe your skin is till purging?

Also, I also read on another thread that you are using CP, did that not help with your acne?
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:41 am      Reply with quote
moosejavian wrote:
Hi RussianSunshine, how long have you been on the Nuderm or RA at least? Maybe your skin is till purging?

Also, I also read on another thread that you are using CP, did that not help with your acne?

I'm on my 4th week. CPs didn't help me with acne. The single thing that worked was eliminating dairy products from the diet Very Happy

Right now I still have occasional breakouts Sad
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
fongflyer5 wrote:
It's so frustrating to find something that works as well as the Obagi products that really help in improving your skin tone and maintaining it. I've just finish 22 weeks of Obagi, stopped 2 weeks short of doing 24 weeks & I'm about to go on maintainence now. I would love to try other products but Obagi has really proved to me nothing really worked as well. I decided to incorporate some of the Obagi CR range as I don't need such a aggressive approach now. I've tried other "bleaching" products like kojic acid, but honestly they had no effect. Good luck I hope you are able to find some other products that work just as well. One big thing I learnt during these past few months is the importance of a physical sunblock in keeping the pigmentation from returning.

Hi Fongflyer,
Congrats on finishing 22 weeks! That's awesome. I couldn't agree more with you in regards to the Obagi products and how well they work, particularly for hyperpigmentation.

I know they're expensive, but I also feel that I save money in the long run by not buying each and every new product on the market. While it's often tempting to try other things, I'll have to say that I've been pretty consistent with the Obagi products. While on maintenance, I have added in cp's and I'm using the Reversital microderm stick on my chest and arms.

I'm in absolute agreement about the physical sunscreen as well. Good luck to you on maintenance!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
Done with the first week. I had a very red and flakey face during my whole first week. When should I expect reduction in redness? I have olive skin, BTW. Please advise.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
micka686 wrote:
Done with the first week. I had a very red and flakey face during my whole first week. When should I expect reduction in redness? I have olive skin, BTW. Please advise.

Probably when your are done with you 18 weeks. Laughing Seriously, some people are red throughout the entire "program".
micka686
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
micka686 wrote:

Probably when your are done with you 18 weeks. Laughing Seriously, some people are red throughout the entire "program".

Oh wow ... I'm mixed up about one more thing. In the morning I use 1 gram of Clear and then I apply 1 gram of Exfoderm. At night, I apply 1 gram of Clear and I mix up 1 gram of Blender with 1 gram of Retin A 0.05%. Am I doing it right?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
micka686 wrote:

Oh wow ... I'm mixed up about one more thing. In the morning I use 1 gram of Clear and then I apply 1 gram of Exfoderm. At night, I apply 1 gram of Clear and I mix up 1 gram of Blender with 1 gram of Retin A 0.05%. Am I doing it right?

The 1 gram of Clear is correct. The Exfoderm and Blender should be 1/2 gram (and the Retin A is correct, but if you get too bad, you can back that down to 1/2 gram for a while, as well).
micka686
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
micka686 wrote:

The 1 gram of Clear is correct. The Exfoderm and Blender should be 1/2 gram (and the Retin A is correct, but if you get too bad, you can back that down to 1/2 gram for a while, as well).

Oh ok, so I might see some reduction in redness, flakiness and itchiness. I concluded that one tube of Clear should last me a month and Exfoderm and Blender should each last me 4 months or so. right? I should change my regiment and I might see some reduction ... I will keep you posted.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
Micka,
A whole gram of Exfoderm?? Wow, no wonder you're so red!! That is probably my least favorite Obagi product -- Sunfader is a close second!

You may have less irritation with the cut back, but you'll probably stay somewhat on the pink/red side. Embarassed

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
Micka,
A whole gram of Exfoderm?? Wow, no wonder you're so red!! That is probably my least favorite Obagi product -- Sunfader is a close second!

You may have less irritation with the cut back, but you'll probably stay somewhat on the pink/red side. Embarassed

OMG, is it too much??? I didn't realize I am using too much ...
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
micka686 wrote:
kims wrote:
Micka,

OMG, is it too much??? I didn't realize I am using too much ...

Didn't mean to alarm you...just re-read Rileygirl's earlier post. You only need 1/2 gram of the Exfoderm.

For me, the Exfoderm causes the most irritation and I can barely stand to use a half gram!! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
moosejavian wrote:

I'm on my 4th week. CPs didn't help me with acne. The single thing that worked was eliminating dairy products from the diet Very Happy

Hi RussianSunshine,
Have you checked into the Obagi Clenziderm line of products that are designed specifically for acne?

5% products discount

Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
micka686 wrote:

Hi Micka, I just completed my 4th week. Everybody is different, but my experience is that the redness is really bad the first 2 weeks, and has gradually gotten less. People thought I had a sunburn when I started this. Now, I look a little pink but not anything like when I started. Keep the faith.
its_kristy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 01, 2010 5:35 am      Reply with quote
Ok, here's one. I just got up (7:00 am) and did my morning Obagi routine. I'm going to exercise at 9:00. Afterwards, do I need to do the whole Obagi routine again or can I just do the cleanser, toner, c and spf?
micka686
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 01, 2010 5:58 am      Reply with quote
acta5534 wrote:
micka686 wrote:

Hi Micka, I just completed my 4th week. Everybody is different, but my experience is that the redness is really bad the first 2 weeks, and has gradually gotten less. People thought I had a sunburn when I started this. Now, I look a little pink but not anything like when I started. Keep the faith.

I'm glad to hear that. I can live with pink. It looks like I got sunburn too... I will be glad to be pink ... N not red and scary like I am right now.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 01, 2010 7:11 am      Reply with quote
its_kristy wrote:
Ok, here's one. I just got up (7:00 am) and did my morning Obagi routine. I'm going to exercise at 9:00. Afterwards, do I need to do the whole Obagi routine again or can I just do the cleanser, toner, c and spf?

If you have the time, what I would think would be to just cleanse your skin when you get up, and after your exercise do the entire routine. I think you are wasting product if you are just going to wash it all off in a few hours.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 01, 2010 8:06 am      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
RussianSunshine wrote:
moosejavian wrote:

Hi RussianSunshine,
Have you checked into the Obagi Clenziderm line of products that are designed specifically for acne?

kims, there are not too many reviews on Clenziderm on EDS so I'm hesitating!
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 01, 2010 8:54 am      Reply with quote
Hello my dearest Rileygirl,Kims,,Moose,sydney and all others who know me Wink how do u do ?

Well i have decided(i guess like Sydney) that i m no longer goingto complete my 18 weeks cycle of obagi nuderm,,it is getting too much for me now...
My skin is again red,flaky,dry and irritated ..,,,and when it is not,,i can see my beautiful results achieved by obagi...
I am happy with my skin and the results...
i have few questions from Rileygirl Kims and sydney,Moose..plz see if u can answer as always Smile

1....what would be the maaintenance ? i know u have explained it thousands of times for people,,but one more time for me Smile

if you answer is that i have to use clear,blender and exfo and retin a,2 to 3 times a week ,does that mean 2 to 3 times a day that would make 6 times cuz it would be day and night both out of the 3 days right ?or is it a total of 2 to 3 times ?
like right now i m using the products 14 times a day cuz its 7 times a a week ? u know what i mean...

2...when i go on maintenance,,,would i still get this red flaky face everyday or occassionally ???
3....can i start using a moisturizer now,even if i dont need it ? can i apply it on top of retina or is it bette that i dont use it the day when i m putting retina on my face ? and can i use moisturizer after aplying clear ?
4.....do i have to use exfoderm or forte on maintenance ???

5,..Can i expect that the results i have achieved from these 13 weeks are going to last exaclty the same way on maintenance or after a few days,u girls think,my ugly skin is going to return ???
6....if i have a wedding to attend,and if i ALREady have started maintenance,,,do i still need to stop obagi maintenance for 2 to 3 days before the occassion to avoid flakiness and redeness(the way i had to when i was doing the 13 week cycle??? )

Thanksssssss my firends...sorry for asking so many questions but u know i m excited that now i can go on maintenance,,,,
luv ya alllllllllllllll......
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 01, 2010 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
maheen1 wrote:

1....what would be the maaintenance ? i know u have explained it thousands of times for people,,but one more time for me Smile

if you answer is that i have to use clear,blender and exfo and retin a,2 to 3 times a week ,does that mean 2 to 3 times a day that would make 6 times cuz it would be day and night both out of the 3 days right ?or is it a total of 2 to 3 times ?
like right now i m using the products 14 times a day cuz its 7 times a a week ? u know what i mean...

2...when i go on maintenance,,,would i still get this red flaky face everyday or occassionally ???
3....can i start using a moisturizer now,even if i dont need it ? can i apply it on top of retina or is it bette that i dont use it the day when i m putting retina on my face ? and can i use moisturizer after aplying clear ?
4.....do i have to use exfoderm or forte on maintenance ???

5,..Can i expect that the results i have achieved from these 13 weeks are going to last exaclty the same way on maintenance or after a few days,u girls think,my ugly skin is going to return ???
6....if i have a wedding to attend,and if i ALREady have started maintenance,,,do i still need to stop obagi maintenance for 2 to 3 days before the occassion to avoid flakiness and redeness(the way i had to when i was doing the 13 week cycle??? )

1. Maintenance. Use the Clear 2-3 days a week (only 1 time a day, either morning or evening). Use the Exfoderm 2-3 mornings a week (only 1 time a day). Use Blender/Retin A anywhere from 2-5 nights a week.

2. Your face may get occasionally red and flaky.

3. You can use a moisturizer when you need it. Most people who go through Nu Derm do not need daily moisturizer. But, that is your personal choice what you want to do.

4. No. It is advised, but most people I know don't or they only use it occasionally.

5. On maintenance you should be able to maintain your results that you achieved in the 13 weeks you were on the system. However, this is the playing around time. You will have to play around to see how much and or how little you need to use the Blender/Retin A and Clear to maintain your results.

6. No, if you are in maintenance, just use the products like I outlined above.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 02, 2010 12:44 am      Reply with quote
Hi maheen,
Are you satisfied with your results at 13 weeks? I know you have worked so hard to get where you are at this point.

Maintenance is really important if you wish to "maintain" the results you have achieved this far. You will still need to use the Nuderm products as Rileygirl outlined in the previous post. If you are like a lot of us, you will still benefit from the cumulative effects of the products. Which means, that you will continue to see positive results.

Please let us know how maintenance works out for you -- you are such a sweet and exuberant spirited person!! Smile

5% products discount

Sun May 02, 2010 7:33 am      Reply with quote
Hi Maheen, I know exactly where you are coming from, but I often wonder what my skin would have been like if I'd continued to the 18 weeks; in saying that my spots are now non-existant as are blackheads, so I am pleased!! This is my maintenance routine:

I use cleanser and toner am and pm every day.
I use Clinique 7 day exfoliater am in the shower.
I use Vit C every morning after toner.
I use ROC anti wrinkle around eyes or Obagi gel, am and pm.
I use sunscreen daily and apply throughout the day.

Monday - Clear in the evening
Tuesday - Exfoderm (either am or pm)
Wednesday - Blender and Tret pm.
Thursday - Clear pm.
Friday - Exfoderm (either am or pm)
Saturday - Blender and Tret pm.
Sunday - No additional products.

I do not use moisturiser at all.

I do have slight peeling the day after the tret, however this is easily manageable compared to full regime. I have no redness at all, (I have noted that if I increase the blender and tret to 3 times a week I peel more and face gets a little red).

I hope this helps!! Good Luck on maintenance!!
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 02, 2010 11:39 am      Reply with quote
Rileygirl....thank u sooooooo much for all the information,,,,helped me and answered all my queries Smile Luv ya...God bless you...
Kims sweetheart,..u r the person who knows who i am and who has the purest heart ever...
I m really liking the results so far...i dont know how to expalin but somedays i m loving my skin more than the previous day...and also sometimes when i wake up my skin looks very pretty for the frst few hours,,i m like soo happy with it and then after a few hours,,it starts looking a bit less pretty somehow,,and a bit dull abd less vibrant..whats that ? why does this happen and then i m like(oh am i really happy with the results) ? so its that what makes me a bit confused...i dont know if u can help me with this and if u have any suggestions for me but the main reason of this is that during the day after waking up and till a few hours of that,,i have almost no redeness on my face,,,no redness in the form of patches and no redness of the acne scars,,,now after a few hours of waking up,,the redness startes t come back,,so the acne marks get pink and also pink patches appears in some areas AND THIS IS WHAT make my face look less even toned and pretty SadSad:O(
Do u think that using obagi for few more weeks and completing the 18 weeks would help with that ? i dont know i want u girls to suggest mewhat i should do about it...Smile

Sydney...thank u sooo much for sharing ur daily routine,,,,,r u still happy with the results so far ? it seems that u r Smile the pigmentation never returned for u and so did the blackheads,if i am right ? so is the improvement still the same as when it was at the end of 13 weeks or is it better or worse ? Thanks alot girl,,,,ur so nice Smile
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:05 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |