Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

My Obagi nuderm diary...with follow up :)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
pinkpaperdoll
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 14, 2010 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
margarett wrote:
I use the one I buy at the drugstore, Stieva-A. 0.025%

Hi margarett! Do i have to ask for prescription first before i could get one at any drugstore?
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 14, 2010 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
pinkpaperdoll wrote:
margarett wrote:
I use the one I buy at the drugstore, Stieva-A. 0.025%

Hi margarett! Do i have to ask for prescription first before i could get one at any drugstore?

Yes pink, unfortunately, but I know there are a lot of posters here who have bought it online. I've never bought it online, so I really don't know which drugstore to chose, but I just recently saw a post of reliable online drugstores
and I think they don't ask for prescription.
pinkpaperdoll
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 14, 2010 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
margarett wrote:

Yes pink, unfortunately, but I know there are a lot of posters here who have bought it online. I've never bought it online, so I really don't know which drugstore to chose, but I just recently saw a post of reliable online drugstores
and I think they don't ask for prescription.

Ok.. thanks margarett! i juz hope i could get a prescription from my pcp.. Smile im still waiting for my obagi kit from EDS.. its been a week now..
its_kristy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 16, 2010 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
Can somebody recommend a good eye cream that won't burn/sting my skin while using obagi? I've been applying the obagi around the eyes and the couple of eye creams I have burn when I apply.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 16, 2010 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
its_kristy wrote:
Can somebody recommend a good eye cream that won't burn/sting my skin while using obagi? I've been applying the obagi around the eyes and the couple of eye creams I have burn when I apply.

Hi Kristy,
My eyes will do this too. So after applying retin a (and then waiting about 45 minutes) I sometimes pat a little jojoba on them. It seems to help the stinging and possible irritation.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 16, 2010 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
its_kristy wrote:

I'm using Neocutis lumiere eye cream. I have VERY sensitive eyes so I'm not using the Obagi or retin around my eyes and so far this eye cream isn't irritating. I did have a reaction at first but I now think it was from the retin-A migrating towards my eyes and not from the eye cream.
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 17, 2010 10:13 am      Reply with quote
Howzzzzzzzz everyone doing here ???
Moose are u happy with ur skin ???
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 17, 2010 11:30 am      Reply with quote
Hi Maheen!

Well, I had a very difficult week. My face started to feel and *look* so dry and wrinkly that I felt weak and cheated!!! Sad Embarassed and applied Emu Oil on top of Retin-A. I also did some lotion mask treatment for a couple of days. I am not using Exfoderm anymore or only where I got some freckles left. Also, Retina/Blender, I'm only using it twice a week.
In other words, I am using the Clear twice a day, a bit of Exfoderm only on the freckles and twice per week as well as the |Retin-a/Blender. Every night I use Emu Oil and my skin is very soft, like a baby; the ugly dark patches have not return. I am going to see a dermatologist on Thursday. I love what Obagi has done for my tone but not for my wrinkles. Luckily, my new wrinkles are starting to look much less obvious when I see them in my magnifying mirror.

How about you maheen?
its_kristy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 17, 2010 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the recommend Tia.

Another question, does anyone know how the Pill affects response to Obagi? The last week my face has reacted more severely to the regimen and I'm wondering if it has anything to do with this being the week I'm taking the sugar pills.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 17, 2010 10:14 pm      Reply with quote
hi everyone! i just received my Obagi kit from EDS but wasn't able to get Rx for Retin-A.. What i have in hand right now is Retinol cream 1.5%.. I juz wonder if i can use the retinol instead of retin-a? need ur comments please! cant wait to start using Obagi!
juls0630
5% products discount

Tue May 18, 2010 10:42 am      Reply with quote
Maheen - I am so happy with my results. The first four weeks were rough, but I am seeing changes... soft, supple, and naturally a little more oily than before. I was always dry. I have even gone without makeup a couple times and just used concealer on my breakouts that I am just starting to get over. I had some crazy huge zits around my mouth that are just starting ot heal and then I will have to wait for the redness to go away. I am using everything everyday as recommended and my skin must finally be over the UGLY stage. YAY:) It can only get better from here.
juls0630
5% products discount

Tue May 18, 2010 10:44 am      Reply with quote
By the way - thanks for all the posts and support. If it wasn't for this forum I would have not made it through the first couple weeks! Reading this everyday has HELPED me! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 18, 2010 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Juls,
Glad you're well. EDS also got me through those rough Obagi days, too! Otherwise, I probably would've quit. This forum is an incredible support system.

Tue May 18, 2010 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
So I have been on ther Obagi Nu-derm since the beginning of February. My results have been less than great. I have battled acne and scarring since my teens and added serious melasma after 3 pregnancy's. I have been single now for 5 years and the stress has caused my skin to go crazy! I spent 5 months on accutane without good results and had to stop because of the side effects it was having on my liver. Started the Obagi after and have used it pretty religously-all the steps- for more than 3 months. The 1st 3 weeks was not too bad. I expected the dryness and peeling and was prepared for that. What I wasnt prepared for was the horrible cystic acne it caused for about 5 weeks. It was on my face and my neck. Terrible! I didnt stop the Obagi because the dermatolgist said "some breakouts" would happen. I wouldnt call it "some" but after spending $400 I wanted to see it through. The acne has stopped but I still am not seeing the results that I expected for $400. My derm said that I needed an Obagi Blue Peel but the $600 price tag is more than I can handle right now. Any advice?

Help me!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 19, 2010 1:38 am      Reply with quote
40plus wrote:
So I have been on ther Obagi Nu-derm since the beginning of February. My results have been less than great. I have battled acne and scarring since my teens and added serious melasma after 3 pregnancy's. I have been single now for 5 years and the stress has caused my skin to go crazy! I spent 5 months on accutane without good results and had to stop because of the side effects it was having on my liver. Started the Obagi after and have used it pretty religously-all the steps- for more than 3 months. The 1st 3 weeks was not too bad. I expected the dryness and peeling and was prepared for that. What I wasnt prepared for was the horrible cystic acne it caused for about 5 weeks. It was on my face and my neck. Terrible! I didnt stop the Obagi because the dermatolgist said "some breakouts" would happen. I wouldnt call it "some" but after spending $400 I wanted to see it through. The acne has stopped but I still am not seeing the results that I expected for $400. My derm said that I needed an Obagi Blue Peel but the $600 price tag is more than I can handle right now. Any advice?

Help me!

Are you using the correct amounts of all the products, and what strength of Retin A are you on? Also, what sunscreen are you using?

Just an FYI, but some people with melasma need a peel in conjunction with the products to achieve the best results. Melasma is a lot tougher to treat than regular hyperpigmentation.
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 21, 2010 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
Dear Rileygirl and Kims,,,,,
Remember i went on vacations ? so stopped obagi nuderm for 10 days and then i came back and just cuz i was lazy i didnt start using it right away,,,fo the past20 days,,,i havent used obagi nudrm,,,the dark complexion has returned,,the blotchiness has returned to 6 percent,,,i look ugly again,,,the frshness ,,the glowy even toned complexion i achieved with obagi nuderm is no where to be found,,,,,have sarted obagi again for todayand will continue for anoter 6 weeks,,,what to do,,,,hurt but hopeful.....i dont look as pretty as i was looking few days ago......SadSadSad
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 21, 2010 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, Maheen. I'm sorry to hear that. I can't remember how long you were on the Obagi before you stopped to go on vacation. How many weeks had you done?

I would definitely go back on for at least another 6 weeks, and remember, this is something that you have to use to maintain your results. If you don't use the products for maintenance, then your skin will slowly revert back to where it started from.
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 21, 2010 11:41 pm      Reply with quote
thank u so much Riley for such a kind reply..You r absolutely right that it has to be maintained which I DID not....i finsihed my 13th week when i go on the vacation and then since then its been around 20 days that i havent used a bit of nuderm system....hmm i think that its too quick and so fast to lose the effects of obagi nuderm...may be my skin has reacted more cuz during the vacations there were 8 days when each day i had to travel in the car or had to walk ,even though it was cloudy one day but the res tof the days it was sunny...during all those days i applied lots of sun block,i mean liberally before going out but after that i didnt reapply it even if i was out for another 5 to 6 hours,,,due think this could be the reason ? i wont say that my skin is as ugly as it was before starting nuderm but its is somewhere bettween the good and the bad,,,it still is better than when i started nuderm but not as good as it was after the 13th week,,i was ecstatic....
u tell me why did this happen ? sun ?
i will definitely do the 6 weeks and then will see if i need more of it or i can g on maintainence Smile
Thanks alottttttttt........u r so sweet...
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 22, 2010 6:25 am      Reply with quote
Maheen, I honestly don't know why it could happen that quickly. I know some people can only do the 3 months and have great changes, but then they have to maintain those changes with the products. I think possibly if you had continued on with the products in maintenance mode, your skin would still be looking as good as it was.

I think if you go ahead and restart the products, and then once your skin gets to where you are very happy again, use the products for maintenance, you should be good to go! Very Happy
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 22, 2010 8:48 am      Reply with quote
Maheen,
I feel pretty certain that if I didn't stay on some sort of Obagi maintenance, my freckles and hyperpigmentation would return in a short amount of time as well. I know how unfair it seems when we work so hard! Frustrating, too!!

Once you start up again, I'll bet you'll see results again rather quickly.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 22, 2010 9:27 am      Reply with quote
Hi kims and riley! if i may ask, how many bottles (approximately) of each of the obagi set are to be consumed for the 16-week phase and for the maintenance phase as well?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 22, 2010 10:27 am      Reply with quote
pinkpaperdoll wrote:
Hi kims and riley! if i may ask, how many bottles (approximately) of each of the obagi set are to be consumed for the 16-week phase and for the maintenance phase as well?

Hi, Pink. You should be using approximately 1 bottle of Clear a month, and the Exfoderm and Blender should last around 3-3 1/2 months if I am remembering correctly. So, for your 18 weeks, you will need 4 bottles of Clear, and 2 of the Blender and Exfoderm. Your cleanser will last the entire time and well beyond. The toner will go quick, but after the 1st 6 weeks, you can replace the toner with plain witch hazel. (Not everyone follows that protocol and some people use just 1 bottle of each through their entire 18 weeks. But I am giving amounts based on the Obagi protocol of 1 gram of Clear twice a day, and 1/2 gram each of Exfoderm and Blender once a day.)
pinkpaperdoll
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 23, 2010 7:14 am      Reply with quote
Hi riley! thanks for a very clear answer! Very Happy

by the way, it's my 6th day on Nuderm.. My face is so red, my lips are so dry.. but the flaking or peeling haven't started yet.. Neutral I searched about the different protocols and i followed the GRADUAL protocol, which is for the very sensitive skin.. so ive been using 1/2 grm of clear, exfoderm and blender as stated in the protocol guide..

cant wait to see my face peeling coz they say it's only then that ull know the product is working..
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 23, 2010 7:36 am      Reply with quote
pinkpaperdoll wrote:
Hi riley! thanks for a very clear answer! Very Happy

by the way, it's my 6th day on Nuderm.. My face is so red, my lips are so dry.. but the flaking or peeling haven't started yet.. Neutral I searched about the different protocols and i followed the GRADUAL protocol, which is for the very sensitive skin.. so ive been using 1/2 grm of clear, exfoderm and blender as stated in the protocol guide..

cant wait to see my face peeling coz they say it's only then that ull know the product is working..

I do understand you wanting to see your face flaking, and more than likely you will. Just wanted to mention though that not everyone has that. Some of us have tough skin and we don't react that way. However, if you don't see your skin flaking it does not mean the products aren't working. Just wanted to put that out there in case there is anyone not having the flaking and thinking the products aren't working!
pinkpaperdoll
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 23, 2010 7:49 am      Reply with quote
Very Happy ive used Obagi before, i think it was 2004 and ive had that excessive flaking experience.. but had to stop using the product as using it for a month because our Physical Education classes at my school was swimming.. so my dermatologist adviced me to stop Obagi.. after so many years, its only now that i use the product again. Smile

the only difference's that, my acne is on its worst during that time (cystic acne).. and now, my concern is for the scars left on..
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:55 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |