Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
My Obagi nuderm diary...with follow up :)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
gemini44

Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone, I've been using the Obagi Nu Derm now going on my 4th week and can I just say what a difference in my skin in just 4 weeks my daughter even asked me if I was wearing makeup. I haven't had any peeling or redness at all just a little dryness and itching especially on my neck but I'll tell you the hyperpigmentation has really faded and I'm not getting the breakouts that I had which were horrible after having my hysterectomy a year ago. I'm sticking with it if I can see a change in this amount of time I can't wait to see what my skin looks like at the end of 18 weeks. I should also say I have been on retin-A for about 20 years so that might be why I haven't had any of the peeling or redness and my skin is just used to it.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
Good luck, Gemini44! Sounds like things are going great for you!

5% products discount

Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
Hello everyone
Haven't been on here for ages, I am on week 14 now. My skin is looking ok, but I have never experienced that wow factor yet! I'm about to go on to maintenance so I can have some fillers done end of January. Thereafter back on the full routine for a further weeks and then I have booked in for an Obagi Blue Peel. Anyone had this done. Would appreciate any thoughts?
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Nik.
I'm so envious you're getting the blue peel. If I had more $$ I'd definitely try that. Keep us posted to what you think about it.
Very Happy

5% products discount

Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
I definitely will, really lucky as I'm going as a model so only a third of the price!!!
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
Nik-
That's a fantastic deal! I'm so glad you got it!
Coleen

Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hello All,
I am 28 years old.
Just started Obagi system 5 days ago.
I am going to stick through this....however, my face is red, swollen, flaking, painful and at times itchy. I seriously can't go out looking like this - I also am in so much discomfort, I wouldn't be much fun to go out with.
I got this for my skin, obviously, mainly sun damage. I want to take care of my skin from now on - as I have lacked doing so in the future.
Thank you for having this forum, it has been so helpful. I have spent the last few hours reading all of your stories and reply's. I have my fingers crossed that I can get through this - and that it works. Smile
I am going to buy the Clarisonic Pro tomorrow morning as well as some eye cream. And some type of light gentle moisturizer. I like to mix a little bit of moisturizer into my make up (when I apply it), which is not often. I rarely wear make up.
Thanks for all of your advice.
My face is so tight - I can barely open my mouth to eat, certain foods - especially evident when I eat bananas. Like seriously. This better improve soon, or I don't know if I can stick it out.
I am using the 0.1% - and I will now go to every other night, using it - as my Derm has stated.
I live in Calgary, Canada - it is SO dry here, so I think that adds to everything.
If there are any helpful tips of suggestions let me know.
Applying the product to my face is one of the most painful things I have to endure - and I do it to myself, twice a day. I could run around the house screaming because it hurts so much.
I want to thank you again for starting this site.
Robyn
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:03 am      Reply with quote
Robyn,
Just read where you're using 0.1% retin a -- strong stuff!! Could you ask your derm to start you out on a lower percent -- 0.025 or 0.05?? No wonder your skin is having such a strong reaction!

If you've never used a retinoid before, It's my personal opinion that 0.1% is too strong to start with especially combined with all of the Obagi products.

Also, the Clarisonic is great for removing the "flakies" but I certainly wouldn't use it right now. Wait until your skin has returned to normal.

Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:31 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Kims.
I will totally take that advice.
I am def only going to use one day on and one day off. Thank you so much.
I will revert back to the other forum - as it seems this one has dried up, some.
Thank you for being such a wonderful help. I look forward to reading more about what you ladies talk about and your advice.
Thanks,
Robyn
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
Keep us posted on your progress!

5% products discount

Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone
I can't remember where I originally posted that I was going for the Obagi Blue Peel! Just to let you know that after 26 weeks on Obagi Nuderm, I eventually had it done on Monday. Not as bad as I expected, and I managed to have 5 layers done. It did burn a lot and wasn't the most comfortable procedure, but I'm hoping the results will be worthwhile. Most of the blue has come off now, I'm just a deathly grey colour, eyes slightly swollen but nothing drastic. So basically just waiting for the peeling to start (and finish) to check out the end result. I will let you know if it's worth it!
Nik
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
Nik537 wrote:
Hi everyone
I can't remember where I originally posted that I was going for the Obagi Blue Peel! Just to let you know that after 26 weeks on Obagi Nuderm, I eventually had it done on Monday. Not as bad as I expected, and I managed to have 5 layers done. It did burn a lot and wasn't the most comfortable procedure, but I'm hoping the results will be worthwhile. Most of the blue has come off now, I'm just a deathly grey colour, eyes slightly swollen but nothing drastic. So basically just waiting for the peeling to start (and finish) to check out the end result. I will let you know if it's worth it!
Nik

Thanks for the update, Nik! I probably would've done the blue peel but no one in my area does it. What issues were you focusing on while doing Nuderm? I did it for 24 weeks before going on maintenance. I hope you have great results!

Please keep us posted!

5% products discount

Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:28 am      Reply with quote
Hi Kims
Is it not popular over there? Is it something to do with your climate. I did it to improve my skin laxity and for a bit of sun damage and fine lines. I just wanted my skin tightened up. The only downside is you absolutely can't go out of the house for fear of frightening the neighbourhood! My eyes are a little more swollen today and I still don't have all the blue tinge off, but hopefully in ten days I'll be pleased!
Nik
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:23 am      Reply with quote
Hi Nik,
I know there are a lot of derms and plastic surgeons who offer the Blue Peel -- just none in my city. In fact, when I first started Obagi two years ago, no one even offered the product line. That's how I came to find EDS!

Anyway, still hoping you have great results! Can't wait to hear.

5% products discount

Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
Quick update, today i am resembling a snake woman. It has peeled off a lot round my mouth, same old thing with the nuderm when you move those areas eating etc, they come off faster, have to confess I have assisted it a little! Starting to peel round my eyes now and my left eye still very tight to close so hopefully that will sort itself out. Skin still has a very bluish tint, except around the mouth but from what I can see it's looking clear fresh skin, just hope it stays like that. Think the problem with having this is the downtime. I could NOT go out looking like this, if you have the 5 layers done like I have you defenitely need 14 days off. That's not always easy to do, infact this is my summer holiday! Will not see my Doc on Saturday and then slowly back on the obagi nuderm and 6 full weeks of that before I go onto maintenance. Next on agenda - latisse - amazing!
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
Sounds like you got a fairly deep peel -- might as well go all out and get it done right the first time! Hope you're happy with the results!

5% products discount

Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:30 am      Reply with quote
Hello Girls
Day 6 today and at last I look less like an avatar! My skin is looking fresh although I do have the odd spot here and there, apparently that's just purging. I slowly start the Obagi again now until I am back to full strength in four weeks. Six weeks full on Obagi and then onto maintenance after 36 weeks that will be a big celebratory day for me!
Hope you are all bearing up, it really is worth it in the end
Nik
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
Sounds like you're coming along well, Nik! It sure is a lot of work, energy, and expense for all of us who are trying to outwit Father Time!

I'm really tempted by your success to make an appointment with my plastic surgeon for a consultation. I'd like to see what she offers in terms of peels and/or laser treatments.

In the meantime, I really need to do full-on Nuderm for at least a six week stint. I'm noticing a few new "spots." Mad

5% products discount

Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:07 am      Reply with quote
Very definitely Kims. I thought I was doing so well I'd been on Ogagi for 24 weeks and when I spoke to the girl who was doing my peel she said I hadn't been using enough tret and I had to really up it for the week prior to the peel.
Apparently your skin improves for 6 weeks after the peel so I am hoping for that today I have woken up with 3 spots which I am NOT happy about! Started using the Clear again today, so slowly introducing it till I get back up to full strength for a further 4 weeks. Will it ever end?
Where abouts do you live? You've been using Obagi a long time right? Do you follow the maintenance routine?
N
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:40 am      Reply with quote
I live in the midwest of the U.S. I've been using Obagi Nuderm for the past two years and I do have a maintenance plan. Mainly, I use Clear, Blender/Retin a every 2-3 days.

But now, I've ordered more Exfoderm Forte to use as well. When it arrives, I'll start my six weeks.

5% products discount

Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:46 am      Reply with quote
So you are just doing a full system for 6 weeks as like a top up? I live in England, but I grew up in SA so been in the sun a lot. I've had quite a lot of sub-q etc done over the past year. In fact it's become quite an obsession with me my skin and it's still not like I want it to be. Hopefully when all this dies down and I've finished the next Obagi full on 4 weeks I'll be happy. I think the Blue Peel is quite big over there isn't it? Do I take it from your signature that you are 48 if that's not a rude question?
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
I'm doing a six-week round to hopefully give my skin a "kick start." Then, I'll go back on maintenance.

Yes, I'm 48 -- not a rude question at all. I really just started taking care of my skin only a few short years ago. I wish I would've known about Obagi sooner AND used sunscreen in my earlier years! I'm certainly paying the price now.

5% products discount

Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:37 am      Reply with quote
I'm 48 too so I hear what you are saying. I lay in the sun in South Africa for hours and hours and am paying the price now. I try and tell my daughter not to make the same mistakes, but hey when you're young you know it all. I have 3 big spots today, so I'm so glad I'm not back at work yet. I start the tret again tonight so hopefully that will dry them out.
At least your skin will be used to Obagi you shouldn't go through that awful red initial reaction should you? Do you use Sunfader? What about Vit C oil?
Let me know how you are getting on
Nik
Nik537
5% products discount

Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:42 am      Reply with quote
4 weeks post peel and I am quite pleased with the results, overall my skin seems smoother. Back on full Nuderm routine now for a further 6 weeks and then onto maintenance. Been doing this since beginning October 2010, it's getting tiring!
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:02 am      Reply with quote
Nik537 wrote:
4 weeks post peel and I am quite pleased with the results, overall my skin seems smoother. Back on full Nuderm routine now for a further 6 weeks and then onto maintenance. Been doing this since beginning October 2010, it's getting tiring!

It may be tiring, but sounds like it's definitely been worth it for you!

Do you think the Blue Peel made a tremendous amount of difference??

Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:48 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |