Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

My Obagi nuderm diary...with follow up :)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Nik537
5% products discount

Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:05 am      Reply with quote
Hmmmmmmm they say you don't notice the full results for 6 weeks, bear in mind I'm peeling again from the Obagi so perhaps I haven't seen the total effect yet. If I'd paid full whack for it I think I might have expected more, but we'll see once I get onto maintenance. At the moment the sun is out and it has made me completely neurotic! How are you getting on, you were doing a further 6 weeks weren't you?
N x
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I'm doing a full stint of Nuderm right now. I'm very peely once again with a lot of it going on on my cheeks and forehead. I didn't peel much there before. So, that could be a good thing!

I will probably go beyond the six weeks and see what happens. I think that doing the full regimen again will be good for my skin.

I still have textural issues that I'd like to deal with as well as some stubborn age spots.

I just ordered the new Obagi Nuderm sunscreen SPF 50. Have you tried it?

5% products discount

Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
Interesting that you are peeling on your forehead and cheeks this time, I have had most of my peeling round the mouth area. Actually after that blue peel I am surprised I have any skin left to peel off - but I do!
No I haven't used that SPF yet. I have the 35, which I'm not that keen on, but my dr has always advised Heliocare 50, do you know that one at all?
Will you go back on maintenance afterwards then? We never actually ever come off this stuff do we!
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
Nik537 wrote:
Interesting that you are peeling on your forehead and cheeks this time, I have had most of my peeling round the mouth area. Actually after that blue peel I am surprised I have any skin left to peel off - but I do!
No I haven't used that SPF yet. I have the 35, which I'm not that keen on, but my dr has always advised Heliocare 50, do you know that one at all?
Will you go back on maintenance afterwards then? We never actually ever come off this stuff do we!

I do agree that Nuderm is a huge commitment! But, I'm totally okay with that because I do believe that it works -- when so many products don't! I'll definitely be going back on maintenance when I'm finished with this round.

No matter what, I always make sure that I've got Clear, Blender, and retin a on hand! Smile

5% products discount

Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
how long have you been using it now Kims?
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using Nuderm for two years. I did a 24 week regimen to begin with and then went on maintenance for several months. So...even after using it for this long, I'm peeling all over again!

Rileygirl, our in-house Nuderm expert, has said that it's recommended to do an 18 week stint each year to maintain and keep your skin at its healthiest. Not sure that I want to do a full 18, but I think 6-12 would be helpful for a "kick start."

5% products discount

Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:11 am      Reply with quote
Oh no! I don't think I could cope with 18 weeks a year! Is it as bad as first time round. Just done my face, it's looking very red this morning that sunfader burns like fire. Back to work tomorrow so hoping it calms down a bit or I'll have all that 'have you been in the sun' all over again!
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:23 am      Reply with quote
I don't think I can do 18 weeks either; but 6-12 seem doable. It becomes such a habit for me!

I didn't reorder the Sunfader; but I'm aware that a lot of people find it tough to deal with!

5% products discount

Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:38 am      Reply with quote
I hear what you are saying. It does become a habit I felt like something big was missing when I stopped for the two weeks post blue peel.
I use everything diligently, I'm a bit anal about it all so come hell or high water I slap on the Vit C oil and the sunfader every day!
Have a lovely Bank Holiday Monday!
monalisasmiler
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 04, 2011 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
Hi I am told this is the link to ask for advice, I realise there is a lot of information on here to read but wondered if someone would just mind answering me this question.

I have just had recommended and bought obagi tretinoin cream 0.05% and obagi blender with the professional c serum, very expensive. I had gone for a consultation re c02 laser and was recommended to do this as a prep, my concerns are some scarring and blocked and open pores. What I wanted to know is should I hang fire before starting these treatments and what sort of side effects to expect? I also work so wondered whether to start these in the holidays when I can hide Mad

Thank you so much
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 04, 2011 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
monalisasmiler wrote:
Hi I am told this is the link to ask for advice, I realise there is a lot of information on here to read but wondered if someone would just mind answering me this question.

I have just had recommended and bought obagi tretinoin cream 0.05% and obagi blender with the professional c serum, very expensive. I had gone for a consultation re c02 laser and was recommended to do this as a prep, my concerns are some scarring and blocked and open pores. What I wanted to know is should I hang fire before starting these treatments and what sort of side effects to expect? I also work so wondered whether to start these in the holidays when I can hide Mad

Thank you so much

Depending on your skin, you can expect redness, dryness, tightness, and peeling. The first six weeks are usually the hardest. You might look worse before you look better.

How long are you planning on doing Nuderm? I would think this regimen would be a great prep for a laser treatment. Good Luck!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 05, 2011 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks very much Kims for the input, started this last night but a bit worried as I work in a class full of 16-19 year old boys so don't really want to look like a scaly lizard, maybe should have held off until the holidays, oh well I will see how I go.

I am applying the blender and tretinoin at night and the c serum followed by moisturiser then sun block on a morning. Is there anything we can do if we have the peelies to speed things up? I currently use Estee Lauder Double wear foundation but was told to try bare minerals but when trying mineral foundation in the past have found it highlighted pores but will look at trying this.

Thanks for any advice.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 05, 2011 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
Are you using the Clear at all? Since you're not using all the components of Nuderm, maybe your reaction won't be quite as bad. That being said...Blender and retin a can make you quite red and peely -- especially if you've never used a retinoid before.

I use the Clarisonic to help with the flakiness as well as a regular wash cloth. Not sure what you mean by "speed things up."

What's your time frame for Nuderm?

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 05, 2011 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
Not using the clear, just the ones mentioned. Wasn't given a time frame. Will see how things go.

Thanks for the advice.
monalisasmiler
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 06, 2011 12:01 am      Reply with quote
I wondered if someone can answer if it is safe to have either the electrolysis thread vein treatment or the Ipl? I have had both previously and was going to try the electrolysis again purely because the Ipl I cannot sit still it makes me jump so much.

Thanks again for any advice I have been using Obagi for Three days now and notice tingling and tightness and skin looking a little red and blotchy. I am using factor 50 sunscreen Smile
Nik537
5% products discount

Fri May 06, 2011 9:58 am      Reply with quote
I'm having a very red peely day.
How's your six weeks progressing Kims?
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 06, 2011 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
monalisasmiler wrote:
I wondered if someone can answer if it is safe to have either the electrolysis thread vein treatment or the Ipl? I have had both previously and was going to try the electrolysis again purely because the Ipl I cannot sit still it makes me jump so much.

Thanks again for any advice I have been using Obagi for Three days now and notice tingling and tightness and skin looking a little red and blotchy. I am using factor 50 sunscreen Smile

I wouldn't do either while on Nuderm.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 06, 2011 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
Nik537 wrote:
I'm having a very red peely day.
How's your six weeks progressing Kims?

Hi Nik,
I'm kind of plodding along. I've been really peely on my forehead and cheeks this time around, but I don't think I'm nearly as red as I was the first time around. I just ran out of "Clear" so that's on my list of things to purchase -- wish it wasn't so expensive!

I'm using the new Nuderm Sun Shield SPF 50 and I'm really liking it! It dries pretty matte and doesn't feel "oily" at all.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 07, 2011 12:12 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Kims, good to have the advice from someone who is an experienced user, thanks once again for taking time out to reply to us all Very Happy
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 07, 2011 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
Monalisasmiler,
If you're planning on a Co2 treatment, you probably wouldn't need IPL.

What kind of skin issues are you trying to address with Nuderm and a laser treatment?

5% products discount

Sat May 07, 2011 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kims
Tell me about the expense of it all. I just bought tret, blender and vit c oil. Clear and toner next on the list. It is neverending. I was talking to my doc about the SPF 50 when I saw him he hadn't had any feedback on it as yet. I have recently bought the Factor 35 so I'll have to finish that. Do you think the 50 is much better then? I have decided I'm going to do one more week on Obagi (bear in mind I started in October!) and then stick myself on maintenance. Happy days! Hope all is going well with you, 6 weeks will be over in a flash x
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 07, 2011 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
Nik537 wrote:
Hi Kims
Tell me about the expense of it all. I just bought tret, blender and vit c oil. Clear and toner next on the list. It is neverending. I was talking to my doc about the SPF 50 when I saw him he hadn't had any feedback on it as yet. I have recently bought the Factor 35 so I'll have to finish that. Do you think the 50 is much better then? I have decided I'm going to do one more week on Obagi (bear in mind I started in October!) and then stick myself on maintenance. Happy days! Hope all is going well with you, 6 weeks will be over in a flash x

It's been so long since I used the 35 that I really couldn't say which is better! I like the 50 as a stand alone and when it's my finishing step of the Nuderm layers. I don't feel like it "sits" on my skin and it dries matte. As a finishing step, I like it better than Burn Out or NIA 24.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 08, 2011 2:57 am      Reply with quote
Hi Kims I have combination skin with the t zone having blocked and open pores. I have some scarring too from a veinwave treatment hence the Co2 laser, but not sure if I can afford the down time etc so may consider the dermaroller also. I do have some broken capillaries also which seem more obvious now since starting the obagi and I am flushing and skin getting hot and looking blotchy, it is also making me more shiny so I keep having to make toilet breaks to blot Rolling Eyes
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 08, 2011 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
monalisasmiler wrote:
Hi Kims I have combination skin with the t zone having blocked and open pores. I have some scarring too from a veinwave treatment hence the Co2 laser, but not sure if I can afford the down time etc so may consider the dermaroller also. I do have some broken capillaries also which seem more obvious now since starting the obagi and I am flushing and skin getting hot and looking blotchy, it is also making me more shiny so I keep having to make toilet breaks to blot Rolling Eyes

So, are you mainly attempting to treat scarring?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 08, 2011 11:48 pm      Reply with quote
Not just the scarring, but the texture and the pores also, I have been reading the posts over the weekend and realise it does not treat the scarring. Have you any experience of the dermaroller or the Co2 laser, I think I read your daughter had the laser, I am based in the UK.

Thanks once again for your help.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:12 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |