Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
My Obagi nuderm diary...with follow up :)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
azumma
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
the results are different for each person. Actually I didn't have any good result for the first try. But I got a better result from second time. I am on maintenance over 2 and half years but I have some side effect right now. But for the first timer, stick with it and you will see the result.
nannap wrote:
i am on week 6 now of the aggressive Nu derm, the face is still super red, super flakey and make up (even mineral) is not working too well as am so dry. I have seem absolutely no improvements as yet but skin is looking very bad-pores v big, spots coming up, blackheads very noticible, red and peely. I know skin is supposed to get worse before better but I feel I need some encouragement here as I feel pretty low about it. Can any users please tell me how long it took you to see results? what was the improvement in pores, spots, wrinkles, blackheads, undereye better(am not using products under eyes but they are so dry as i think the products still get to the eye skin)? Any info is greatly appreciated as I feel like I want a spotty red lollipop at the moment!
azumma
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
Also the exact portion usage is important. a pea size portion. there is a good instruction from this forum. If I find it I will forward it to you.
nannap wrote:
i am on week 6 now of the aggressive Nu derm, the face is still super red, super flakey and make up (even mineral) is not working too well as am so dry. I have seem absolutely no improvements as yet but skin is looking very bad-pores v big, spots coming up, blackheads very noticible, red and peely. I know skin is supposed to get worse before better but I feel I need some encouragement here as I feel pretty low about it. Can any users please tell me how long it took you to see results? what was the improvement in pores, spots, wrinkles, blackheads, undereye better(am not using products under eyes but they are so dry as i think the products still get to the eye skin)? Any info is greatly appreciated as I feel like I want a spotty red lollipop at the moment!
desertpalm

Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:49 am      Reply with quote
I'm using cleanser, toner, clear, sunscreen am plus cleanser, toner, clear, blender w/ retin-A .5 pm. Day 5 sees redness, swelling, & the first dry peeling/cracking around the perimeters of the dark, melasma marks on my nose & cheeks - so something is happening!

My question is: is it ok for the clear to sting a bit when first applied? Also, when I try to rub in the clear or blender, it goes on clear, but then turns white the more I rub. It eventually dries clear...is this normal? Sorry for submitting these questions on different Obagi threads...but all of you experts out there offer great advice - thx Smile
Zhenzhen
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using Obagi MD for oli skin for more than 2 weeks.
The effect is excellent. Even though it did cause slight pain and heavy dryness, everything is going well as I expected.
Thanks for other members in EDS forums gave me many useful suggestions, otherwise I would have been very upset at the effect.

5% products discount

Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
So I'm one full week into my Obagi Nu Derm. I am loving it. Yes my face is pink to red at various times of the day. I had lots of peeling on my cheeks this morning - but a nice warm shower this morning helped loosen up the peeling and I very gently rubbed off most of the dry skin. My face already looks different. Dark spots are lightening and new ones are coming to the surface - I'm hopeful they will disappear as quickly as they have appeared. I am glad I'm using the Obagi eye cream morning and night. It is very easy to tell where I am/am not applying the cream as my skin is very taught and wrinkly around my eyes where I do no apply the eye cream.
I was a little hesitant to believe reports of people seeing changes in their skin in the first week of use but now seeing it myself I'm a believer. I can't wait to see what changes week two brings.

I have been putting the entire system on my arm where I have an age spot and I already see it lightening significantly as well. So I'm assuming my face is getting the same effects it's just easy to see my arm as I look at it all day long.
ithinkican
5% products discount

Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
What does everyone use for sunscreen after the initial tube of Obagi sunscreen is gone? The one I received in my kit is tiny and will be gone in another 2-3 weeks. Should I order another Obagi or is there another preferred brand for best coverage? TIA!
blanchedubois
5% products discount

Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
ithinkican wrote:
What does everyone use for sunscreen after the initial tube of Obagi sunscreen is gone? The one I received in my kit is tiny and will be gone in another 2-3 weeks. Should I order another Obagi or is there another preferred brand for best coverage? TIA!

You definitely don't need to stick with the Obagi ss unless you really liked it. I personally didn't, so once I finished it, I substituted with something different. Everyone has different experiences with sunscreen, so what works for me might not work for you (for example, I have dry skin so I prefer a ss that isn't too mattifying) but the most important factor, IMO, is sticking with a primarily physical sunscreen- not chemical. In my experience, and in the experience of many with hyperpigmentation/melasma, using a high performance physical ss makes a huge difference at keeping dark spots from reoccuring. If you're going to try to find an Obagi substitute, make sure you looks for something with a high zinc content (coupled with titanium dioxide doesn't hurt.)
ithinkican
5% products discount

Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
For now I like the Obagi SS just fine, but if I can find a less expensive SS that performs as well I may try it out. Thanks for the advice to look for a physical not chemical SS.
Alexya
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
I use Pratima sunscreen which has 18.6% zinc oxide, and really like it.
What is the minimum amount of time you can use Nu Derm and still see results?
Is it true you should go through three rounds of peeling or does it vary with each person?
Thanks !
ithinkican
5% products discount

Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
Alexya wrote:
I use Pratima sunscreen which has 18.6% zinc oxide, and really like it.
What is the minimum amount of time you can use Nu Derm and still see results?
Is it true you should go through three rounds of peeling or does it vary with each person?
Thanks !

I just finished my 3rd week this weekend. Smile I had a couple really good days - no peeling no redness - last week and then today my entire face peeled again. I love the peeling though because I can see it is working. I plan to do the 18 week regimine. Nice to know I'm half way through the first 6 six which from what I've read is the most difficult phase for most people. I've already seen some great results. Lightening of sun spots and melasma and my skin feels so soft to touch. Some of my very fine lines are even improving. I can't wait to see what the next 3 weeks brings. Not sure there is much peeling after the first six weeks but I'm sure it varies from person to person. So far I can say this was worth the investment for me. I will continue to post updates simply because I know how helpful it was for me to read the experiences of other people before me.

I will look into Pratima SS - thanks for the recommendation.
Alexya
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:23 am      Reply with quote
ithinkican,
congratulations on making it this far! That's great. You may have to change your name to iKNOWican!
The fact that you're seeing product is inspiring. My first week was rough, especially at the end of it!
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
Anybody omit the Clear and still have good results? I don't have any pigmentation issues, I'm just looking for some help with some new fine lines and soggy feeling areas. I was thinking getting the blender and the Exfoderm. I definitely prefer to use my own cleanser, toner, and sunscreen for allergy reasons.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
If you have no pigmentation issues, I would suggest to go with other products i.e. incorporating Vitamin C, Vitamin E and Retin-A and/or some type of Retinol into your beauty regimen. Also include a weekly peel if you can. Of course, you can use your own cleanser and toner. And to further protect your skin, I would suggest a sunscreen of at least 30 SPF...

Ava with wings wrote:
Anybody omit the Clear and still have good results? I don't have any pigmentation issues, I'm just looking for some help with some new fine lines and soggy feeling areas. I was thinking getting the blender and the Exfoderm. I definitely prefer to use my own cleanser, toner, and sunscreen for allergy reasons.
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
I already use retin-a and vitamin c. I was hoping for something more aggressive.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:47 am      Reply with quote
If you need more aggressive approach, you can try chemical peel or laser treatment in a doctor's office.... Or you can try ReAura laser or Tria laser. I read that these 2 gadgets are getting some great reviews on some fine lines and wrinkles (and some dark spots too).. Well, some members can probably chime in on this...

Ava with wings wrote:
I already use retin-a and vitamin c. I was hoping for something more aggressive.
ithinkican
5% products discount

Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
Alexya wrote:
ithinkican,
congratulations on making it this far! That's great. You may have to change your name to iKNOWican!
The fact that you're seeing product is inspiring. My first week was rough, especially at the end of it!

iKNOWican, that is cute. Actually I have a full 4 weeks in now so I actually believe I do know I can.There have been days when I thought nothing was happening - no peeling, no redness and I was sure it just stopped working. No question after yesterday and the peeling mess I woke up with this morning that it's still working. I am continuing to take weekly photos and that is SO helpful to see the changes big and small. My original intention was to get rid of hyperpigmentation but the overall improvement in my skin has been a welcome bonus. For example when I have a bad dream or stressful dream I would wake up in the morning and look in the mirror with a lovely "11" staring back at me between my eyes. Now the "11" isn't there, nor are my sleep impressions from my pillow. My skin has renewed elasticity. Bonus! Two more weeks to go in the "ugly phase" I'm hopeful that the next 12 weeks are more gentle with continued improvement. Can anyone chime in with their experiences after the first six weeks?
Alexya
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
I meant to say that you are making "progress" instead of product LOL
ithinkican
5% products discount

Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:35 am      Reply with quote
Times sure does fly. I'm still pleased with my progress on Obagi NuDerm. This coming weekend will mark six weeks for me. These past couple of days my face has gotten very dry. This happened once before and then I had a very big peeling day a couple days later but so far nothing but continued dryness. Hoping this passes soon. It feels tight and not like the smooth softness I had a few days ago. TOM break outs on my chin are also a little discouraging. Looking forward to the end of the first six weeks - the repair stage completed. Moving into the improvement stage for weeks 7-12.
Alexya
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:06 am      Reply with quote
Hi,
I am glad to know you are hanging in. I am also, doing my dupe of Obagi. It's getting a bit better for me. I had to take a day off, but went right back to it. My skin seems to be calming down as not looking so irritated, but today when I woke up it had that look of drawing up, looking snake-ish and getting ready to peel. Six weeks, ithinkican, you're a third of the way there!
For anyone with SH, this seems to be getting that in order, too. it's drying out and more is coming to the surface. The bumps which appeared red earlier, are getting smaller and seem to be drying up. That's worth the earlier pain, if it can get those off! Cool I was told I'd go through more rounds of peeling, so I feel I am right on schedule. Everyone who has to hsa gotten used to seeing it and they're no longer shocked LOL I am starting to see very nice skin coming up, tight, firm, smaller pores and fewer lines. Week No. 4 for me!
ithinkican
5% products discount

Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:31 am      Reply with quote
Hello week seven and hello peeling like crazy!!! I really wasn't expecting this and honestly I have mixed emotions about it. I think my face looks so much better after the first six weeks that I'd be happy to stop with the redness, dryness and peeling cycles but if there is more that needs to come off then I guess I'll just soldier on. I really hope this isn't what the second 6 weeks looks like and heaven forbid that it carries into the final 6 weeks. I'm feeling ready for maintenance mode. Anyone have any encouragement for how this comes to an end?
CherylV23

Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
I really appreciate reading all of your experiences with Obagi as I am just starting week 2 and I would've been shocked with all of the peeling if I hadn't read all of these posts. So, thank you.

I am just starting so not much to report here other than major peeling. My skintone does look more even already which is good because I have found that wearing foundation just makes it look worse. I haven't gone without foundation in 15 years but I am ok enough with the results so far that I can do it. Also, I know this will be worth it in the end.
ithinkican
5% products discount

Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:57 am      Reply with quote
Okay so week 7 and peeling worse than ever - who knew? I honestly thought that the worst part would be the first 6 weeks. I had very few really bad peeling days in the first six weeks. This past week has been by far the most peeling. So I finally dug out my paperwork that came with my system and sure enough it says peeling and such should complete by the end of the SECOND PHASE!!!! Oh my - another six weeks.

I have really only worn makeup about three days - because as you said Cheryl - it makes it look worse. I can wear eye makeup thankfully. Smile

Here's a question I had when I started, that I can now answer for someone else. How long does the product last? The teeny tiny 30ml/1oz Obagi sunscreen that came in my set lasted 7 weeks. I'm impressed because it is so tiny and I was sure to wear lots. Now I also have to say I was only outside two days when I had to reapply. So approx 7 weeks before you will need sunscreen and you don't want to run out so have it on hand a couple weeks beforehand just to be sure. Everything else in the set is holding up well I assume the next thing I will need to buy will be Clear - because it is used am and pm and it is a small container.

I'm still pleased with my skin's overall improvement. I'm taking weekly photos and every week I think I haven't improved that much and I find flaws but when I compare to the very first photo I took pre-Obagi I see the difference and that's encouraging.
CherylV23

Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
IthinkIcan - I am glad you said you can see a difference weekly as I am at the end of week 2 and I think I can see a difference but then there are days I wonder if I am just crazy. I did take a pre-photo so I guess I will need to compare it to a current photo.
IWantFlawlessSkin
5% products discount

Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Ladies, I am on week 3 and I find that I am peeling more than I did before. I am really sick of this peeling! And I only peel around my mouth, around my eyes, an the very outside part of my face. But my problem areas are my cheeks and forehead, but no peeling at all. I am feeling really down. I hate going without makeup, I try my best to avoid looking at people because I don't want them to see me in such a mess.

Cheryl, like you, I felt like I saw improvements the first few days, but since then, nothing much has changed, I feel like my red acne marks are worse than ever.

Hope you are all doing well, this forum is such a big help!

Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
Iwant - I don't think 3 weeks is long enough to have given this system a fair shake. Stick with it. All of the literature says you have to do the full 12-16 weeks to get improvement. I also did an acid peel before I started so that may have helped me jump start the improvements.

I am in week 2 and I have peely days and not so peely days. Today was a very peely day and I feel icky but most people don't even notice it. I don't like the makeupless face either but it is better than the 1/2 makeup and 1/2 peeled off face.

Well, I am off to see how much of my face has peeled off as I feel like I lost a whole layer or two today alone.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:42 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |