Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

My Obagi nuderm diary...with follow up :)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
IWantFlawlessSkin
5% products discount

Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:09 am      Reply with quote
Hi Cheryl, yes I know three weeks isn't enough, I plan on doing the full 18 weeks of Obagi. It is just not an easy thing as I am sure you know and I love having this forum to fall back on and read everyone's experiences. My skin was pretty well exfoliated prior to Obagi with the use of Retin A and also glycolic acid 50% peels, even with that I have never had any peeling on my forehead or cheeks. Hopefully I will see more peeling in those areas as time goes on.
Do you peel everywhere on your face or just in certain areas?

5% products discount

Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
I want - I so feel your pain - literally and figuratively. This peeling is no fun. At first, I too peeled where I didn't need it most. In my case my cheeks. Now I'm peeling in more areas where I need to - chin and forehead. I am so over the peeling. It never fails if I have to go out in a social situation my skin is thrilled to peel and flake. Yesterday I stayed home - BEST. SKIN. DAY. YET. Oh well in another 10 weeks I'll hopefully have that nice complexion everyday.
I did buy Jane Iredale pressed powder foundation this week and it helps with the redness. I've read lots of Obagi Nu Derm users recommending it.
Stick with it - everyone says it's worth it - I'm counting on them to be right. Be sure you are taking photos to see your improvement when you don't think your skin is changing.
nutree
5% products discount

Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:10 am      Reply with quote
IWant and ithinkican – sounds like we’re all enjoying the peeling. I just started week 7 today and I don’t see it starting anytime soon. I’ve not gone out too much since I’ve started this project but did on Friday night. My skin had that tight saranwrap sheen before I went out and sure enough when I went to the bathroom later that evening I saw some nice snake-like peeling starting on my forehead and chin. Ugh!!!

IWant, my Friday peeling aside, I have found that I rarely peel on my forehead and cheeks – even though these are sometimes the only place that I put exfoderm since everywhere else feels too raw.

For the most part I can live with the peeling, since it is usually worst when I wake up when I can wash it off or at the end of the day when I can stay at home if it gets bad. My problem is the redness. It has been bad since day 1 and doesn’t seem to be getting any better. I think I’ve worn turtlenecks or tightly wrapped scarves every day since I started to hide the dramatic colour difference. Does the Jane Iredale powder do anything to hide that at all?
CherylV23

Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
I need the peeling in my cheeks the most but I don't have much peeling there. I peel and get red more under my nose and around my mouth. I look like I am sunburnt, although no one has asked why I am red so maybe it is worse in my head. I am with you guys too though because my peeling comes when I am around people most. And.....I peel more during the day and then at night and when I wake up no flakes. I don't get it. I am seeing my sun spots fade and only after 3 weeks so I know it is doing something. Hang in there guys....I believe this stuff is gonna work!! Now I just need to find something that will get rid of the dark circles under my eyes Laughing
IWantFlawlessSkin
5% products discount

Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:24 am      Reply with quote
yes the dark circles I have them too, they are terrible, but since I have been using the obagi I have seen a little difference in them! I use the Obagi around my eyes also, it doesn't really bother me, it tingled at first, but now I have adjusted to it. Yes, these big embarrassing flakes around the nose and mouth, lol, it looks so funny with this dead skin hanging off my face. I think we peel more in the day because the tretinoin has absorbed into our skin overnight and we move our mouths around so much in the day, I can't think of any other reason. I have seen an increase in the redness this week though, yesterday at the gym my sister asked me if I was ok because I was so red! I don't bother with the makeup because then the flakes just look so much worse, but the Jane Iredale has really received great reviews.
I started week 4 today, I can't believe it.

Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
Well, just as I posted that my peeling wasn't too bad it got really bad. I was totally red all over and have lost maybe 2 layers of skin, today alone. I look like Papa Smurf with the white beard from all of the flakes hanging off. During the day I use moisturizer and a cortisone healing stick but at night I just let it flake and it is amazing how flakey it is. Oh well, I guess it is working. I will try using it more under my eyes and see if I can get it to lessen my dark circles.
nutree
5% products discount

Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
I've been trying not to moisturize, except when I have something important so to keep the peelies at bay I've found that a Papaya Enzyme Granule Peel I got a while ago has been a life saver. It is a powder that you just add water to make a foam. It works on the keratin to help get rid of flakes. Works like a charm without irritating.
IWantFlawlessSkin
5% products discount

Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:37 am      Reply with quote
Cheryl, let us know how it goes with your eyes.

Since using obagi I have skipped my night treatment twice (not because of irritation, I was out late and lazy and I spent the night out and didn't have my products with me). I noticed both times in a day or two after that my peeling is more substantial. I wonder why that is...

5% products discount

Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
nutree wrote:
IWant and ithinkican – sounds like we’re all enjoying the peeling. I just started week 7 today and I don’t see it starting anytime soon. I’ve not gone out too much since I’ve started this project but did on Friday night. My skin had that tight saranwrap sheen before I went out and sure enough when I went to the bathroom later that evening I saw some nice snake-like peeling starting on my forehead and chin. Ugh!!!

IWant, my Friday peeling aside, I have found that I rarely peel on my forehead and cheeks – even though these are sometimes the only place that I put exfoderm since everywhere else feels too raw.

For the most part I can live with the peeling, since it is usually worst when I wake up when I can wash it off or at the end of the day when I can stay at home if it gets bad. My problem is the redness. It has been bad since day 1 and doesn’t seem to be getting any better. I think I’ve worn turtlenecks or tightly wrapped scarves every day since I started to hide the dramatic colour difference. Does the Jane Iredale powder do anything to hide that at all?

I bought the Jane Iredale foundation and I can say when I don't have much flakiness - rare indeed - it works beautifully. When I am flaky I try to wear it just to tone down the red areas. I've only worn it 3 times. First time I didn't know better and it was a flaky disaster. Second & third times it worked great - my husband commented both times how great my skin looked. I think I will really like it when I'm done with the peeling.

I'm officially HALF WAY through the 18 weeks now. That feels really good to say. I believe that should mean I am also more than half way through with the really icky phases. I'm really looking forward to starting those lovely final 6 weeks where we are supposed to see improving skin - not peeling skin.

As for dark circles - the only thing I've ever been able to use successfully is Cle de Peau concealer - it is pricey, $70, but it lasts at least 6 months. It will likely last longer now because I will only have to cover dark circles not all those dark spots on my face.

Happy peeling everyone.
nutree
5% products discount

Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
Congrats on making it halfway ithinkican - I'll be there in a few days. Good to hear about the Jane Iredale foundation - I think that'll be my next purchase. My only problem is going to be to get the right colour as I am still fairly red.

I'm quite happy with my results but have noticed in the last few weeks that I have a lot of blackheads on my chin and forehead. Everywhere else is clear. I had had some luck clearing the plugs using a mix of castor/jojoba/tea tree oil - like a modified OCM but got a bit worried from reading some threads about OCM. Funnily enough when I saw my derm, she recommended a pre-cleanser by Environ called subuprep. I had to smile when I tried it the first time as it is an oil (one of which is tea tree) that you massage into the skin before using the cleanser. I guess I wasn't so far off afterall.
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:21 am      Reply with quote
I did try this after all even though I have no pigmentation issues and I'm glad I did. As a long time retin a user, I did not experience any redness and the peeling was not significant enough to bother covering up. The compliments started to roll in about week five about how fresh my face looks. It's brighter, not necessarily paler though. I'm going to continue to see if fine lines are removed.

Thu May 02, 2013 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hi guys! I'm new here. Today is day 17 on Obagi and I have really enjoyed reading through a bunch of your guys' experiences with it.

A little about me...
I used to have great skin. I never had acne or an uneven skin tone or any skin flaws at all really. Then when I was in college out of no where I got horrible eczema. I know everyone says, "oh my son has that" or "oh I have eczema." Haha, no. Not like this. I went to 5 different dermatologists and all of them said it was the worst case they had ever seen. It was everywhere, including my face. Eventually my doctors got it under control with some steroid shots, which I still get here and there if it starts to flare up, but for the most part I'm clear. However, 5 years later the eczema has left me with a really uneven skin tone and some mild scarring on my cheeks where I scratched.

Recently my doctor recommended Obagi to me and said that she felt it would really help with the scarring and skin tone issue. I am so looking forward to having a nice, fresh looking face again! Although I hardly ever get pimples (maybe 1 small one a month) I still find myself wearing a lot of makeup to even out my coloring. Such a pain!

So far my face is red, tight and peeling. Honestly, its nothing compared to what I dealt with when I had the eczema, but it is still discouraging since I am so sick of dealing with redness/peeling after those months of hell. But my skin is SO soft! My fiance is amazed with how soft and smooth my skin is, so I know its working!!

One thing I wanted to ask you guys about is if you all are using Obagi under the care of a doctor or if you just ordered it yourselves and are applying it as directed by Obagi? My doctor tells me that after 6 weeks I will be on maintenance! But it seems that most people on here aren't on maintenance until 18 or 24 weeks. It does sound like I am being directed to use more Tretinoin than what I've read in a lot of the posts on here (I was prescribed .1% and was initially using 1 gram per night for the first two weeks. Now I am using 2 grams per night.). I was never told to only use a pea sized amount.

My doctor said that when starting the system my skin would be the worst around day 10. Then when I increase the Tretinoin it will again get the worst after 10 more days. Then, after my next appointment she said we will be increasing the Tretinoin to 3 grams (all this time the blender amount remains the same at .5 grams) and again it would be the worst around the 10th day of increasing it. Is this what most of you all have done? I'm wondering if I will get to maintenance faster because of the treatment being more rigorous??
Maria1234

Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:15 am      Reply with quote
It's my first time.... I'm in pain..peeling..redness and soreness is horrible...even the wind stings...is this normal and how long will this last.....??
J Lyn

Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:37 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I just completed week 1 on the nuderm system. I am experiencing all the normal side effects such as red face and peeling, especially on my chin! My chin last night was peeling like mad! This morning I woke up and it looks almost raw and has so many lines on it which I never had before, even though it's new skin. DOes anyone know what I should do today? I can't believe how aged my chin area looks even though the peeled skin brought up smoother skin. Help! Confused
Kitten_7

Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:47 am      Reply with quote
Hi, does anyone still look at these forums? Nearly all of the popular topics were written years ago now
Anyone still here to give advice on Obagi Nu Derm? Very Happy
tida

Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
My first week...I have sever redness and pain on my chin and some above the mouth...I think I can deal with the redness for now but what can help the pain!!!? any suggestions?
tida

Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
I hope so....Kitten_7.....I need some advice! How are you doing on Obagi?
DebM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
I used obagi a few years back. I have a blender that looks purple when I use it. Is it still good? Expiration date is 9/18 which I know things are good after the date. But purple?
jess2101
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:12 am      Reply with quote
it is not normal !!that it is purple Sad
sassyinpink
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
whooa. took me an hour to read through many of the posts here. lol. really tons of sharing from so many types of skins
infiniterelaxationspa

Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:22 am      Reply with quote
Wow this thread is an incredible wealth of information. It's taken me a long to read through most of it but there's so much value here
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:57 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |