Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

My Obagi nuderm diary...with follow up :)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:58 am      Reply with quote
Maheen, I used to get lots of pimples on my back too so there is lots of scarring and hyperpigmentation there. I am going to try just doing the tretinoin on there for now except for the part where I have a tattoo since I don't know how that will affect it. I don't want to use the whole Obagi system on it yet as that can get really expensive.
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
Maheen, I just got my eyebrows threaded, it was good, just pink for about an hour but not painful at all and no scratches! I say if you want to get yours done, it's perfectly fine to do so!
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
Moose,,,thats a god news...i am growing my eyebrows like bushes in a garden hahaha just to be on safe side but now i ll go and get them threaded...really need this info...
Happy for u...hope u r looking more beautful than ever...
xoxo...
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
I am not sure but has anyone else noticed that their acne scars seem to be more prominent/deeper while on the early phase of the Obagi? I don't know if because the skin is getting thinner that the scars are becoming more obvious or maybe the skin cells are pushing them up gradually? Am I making sense?
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:03 am      Reply with quote
Moose my acne scars have become sooo prminent,,,more than ever.....i tried to put mineral makeup and aaah the scars become even more visible.....i tell myslef it is because these day smy skin is drier than ever,,,because of tretinoin,,,and i have alwasy observed that dryness makes scars look bigger and more prominent...
Am i making sense hahahahahaha ?
Anyway,,,u r making sense for sure Smile
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Moose and Maheen,
I think sometimes the flaws in our skin (i.e. acne scars) sometimes appear more prominent due to the use of retin a. After your skin acclimates to ra and you get through a few more skin cycles, I think you'll both see some improvement in the scarring.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:19 pm      Reply with quote
thanks Kims this is what i hope so too....i hope the scars will became less visible....hmmm do u think they have more prominent also because the blotchiness is gone and the skin is clear,,,so there is nothing to hide the scars Smile
Let see...good to see u hear....
tk care...
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
maheen1 wrote:
thanks Kims this is what i hope so too....i hope the scars will became less visible....hmmm do u think they have more prominent also because the blotchiness is gone and the skin is clear,,,so there is nothing to hide the scars Smile
Let see...good to see u hear....
tk care...

That's always possible. I think it's also because the retin a initially thins the top layer of skin but is essentially thickening it below the dermis.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:02 pm      Reply with quote
Smile
beann1210
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:36 am      Reply with quote
Hi ladies ~ I'm glad to have found this web-site. I too have started the Obagi NuDerm, and have questions/comments. I've been on the system now for 2-1/2 weeks. I'm on the 0.1% strength Tretinoin (sp?) which I used every other night for the first week and now use every night. I follow the system perfectly: Morning - cleanser, toner, clear, exfoderm, and SPF. Night - cleanser, toner, clear, blender & tretinoin. I'm not using any other products with the exception of an eye cream. I'm concerned that the system is not working for me because I'm not getting the "horrible" effects that I've read some of you had. My face was kinda red for a few days, but now it's only pink once in a while. It's flaking here and there, but the skin is not near "coming off in sheets" like some of your's. I've had dryness and a little itchiness, but no pain or burning. I believe my complexion looks more toned, but I don't see anything else. Am I just lucky to not have the "horrible" side-effects, or do I need to up the tretinoin to 1 gram instead of .5 gram? Also, I'm not sure if it's my imagination, but did anyone experience their wrinkles looking more prominent? (I'm 40 years old.) Any input would be apprciated! Take care.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:36 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the input Kims!

Hi Beann, if you are following the regimen exactly with the correct amount of products and not getting the horrible side effects then that is great! I've read some don't really have that bad peeling. I am not sure that increasing the tretinoin to 1gm would give you added benefits based from what it says on the product inserts. The wrinkles do look more prominent for me because the skin is dried up so much that some days my face had that shrink wrapped look. Did you take any before pics? If not, you're still early on in the process you can still take a few now and compare again in about a month or so.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:43 am      Reply with quote
Hi Beann,
Moose is right about why your wrinkles look more prominent. It will get better! I didn't peel in "sheets" either but was rather ""flakey" the whole way through and my face remained rather pink.

You're also using a high percent of retin a and you could increase your usage to 1 gram. I think some protocols say you should use that much with 1/2 gram of Blender. I sounds like your skin is tolerating the products quite well!

What issues are you trying to address? And, btw, welcome to the forum! EDS is a great place to be!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
Kims, did you use to have oily skin before Obagi? I wonder if I'll go back to the oiliness once I am done with the 18wk?
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
moosejavian wrote:
Kims, did you use to have oily skin before Obagi? I wonder if I'll go back to the oiliness once I am done with the 18wk?

My skin has always been oily and never dried out like some of you have experienced while doing Nuderm. My skin is more normal in the winter due to the drier air, but it can be pretty oily during the summer months.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:11 pm      Reply with quote
Beann welcome to this amazing forum...u ll learn alot of stuff....
my skin neevr peeled in sheets either but yeas i had read skin for many days then it becaome pink and it still turns pink form some places when i irritate it....i had lots of flakiness and i still get it but not to that extent...it doestn mean that obagi is not working for u..and u know may be these same symptoms that u r experiencing are severe for someone and not so severe for u since u can better tolerate it...For some people getting the red look on their face ,is very scary but for me it was nt,,cuz i was already prepared ror the worse,,,so when it happened i was nt bothered much and i was thinknig,come one its not that bad...Smile
i m sure it will work wonders for u,,,just stick with it...

Moose i hope u r doing much better,,,,and i m sure things are getting better for every passing day...
Kims u r a real sweetie pie,,,u r always there to help people and so is riley girl...God bless you...

8TH WEEK UPDATE

Okay so my 8th week is going to be completed in 2days...
so what i have noticed so far...
My skin was looking very healthy and very much improved early in the morning when i woke up...i loked myslef in the mirror like everyday and i was like (WOW) Smile Gosh,,,my skin is getting much more like it was 3 and a half years ago when it was nt ruined by me...
AND YES I GOT THE WOW FEELING TODAY...

blotchiness 95% gone...
Red acne,few marks left,,otherwise ,most of the acne has dried up...
Complexion is alot more fair than it was before starting the nuderm...My complexion became really dark than it was naturally because of many things that i did wrong to my skin...it is almost the same now as it used to be when i was 18 Smile
Skin looks more toned now except for the red acne scars Smile probbaly its not gonna go away...
Fresher skin...

Aaaah so this is what i saw in the morning...and then in the afternoon i went to a mall for getting my face threaded...yes,,,when i came back,,i had these huge areas of raw skin on my left cheek and my chin,,,its covering almost half of my chin...it has a burning sensation to touch,,,and if i try to apply clear there...it looks raw,,feel raw..it is raw...aaah my luck...
Now at night,,,the burning sensation has subsuded but its looks the same...now my concern is that once it is healed( i m not gonna apply retin a on it today),,,is it going to leave brown or anyother discolored marks ,or is it going to look like the rest of my skin ???
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH................I m hurt...i worked hard to get a skin devoid of marks or hyperpigmentation...now whats my fate after today ?????????????? i m hurt SadSadSad
Its my mistake..should nt get anything threaded...i was fine without it...it probably got areas of my skin peeled...i m hurt...
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:14 pm      Reply with quote
Today my hubby"s aunt was coming,,,and since my skin became raw,,,i went to buy jane iredale min foundation loose type...Just applied the warm sienna shade there at the mall and it hid everything on my face...
i thought warm sienna was the right shade for me,,,but when i saw my self in sunlight and different other lghts,i realized my face was darker than my neck,,which means that since after sing obagi my complexion has gotten back to what it used ot be,,,i m not a dark perosn anymore,,and i need a lighter shade...
Moosejavian or anyone else who has used or who has knowledge about jane iredale products,,do u think the sahde amber is lighter thatn Warm sienna...and does it also have a yellow tone in it,,,like warm sienna...my skin tone is yellowish...Smile
thnaks girls...
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:39 pm      Reply with quote
Maheen, am I correct, did you get your whole face threaded? I'm so sorry you had the rawness, I only got my eyebrows done and like I said I only had pinkness for about an hour. I also told the esthetician I was on retin A and she agreed that threading doesn't take away skin surface not like sugaring or waxing does. I hope the rawness goes away by tomorrow. I think it was Kims that had waxing done too and used Aquaphor on it after. Now I feel bad since I told you it was ok to do threading. Crying or Very sad

JI's amber is lighter than warm sienna and they belong in the same group so I think that would work.

Oh Maheen, I'm so sorry.
beann1210
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:03 am      Reply with quote
Wow! I ask . . . and you answer. How great is that?!
Moose ~ When you say you had/have more prominent wrinkles with Obagi, were they worse in the morning? I seem to have, not just more prominent wrinkles, but new ones when I wake up, especially around my eyes. How long have you been on the system?
Kim ~ Thanks for you input. You seem to have a lot to say about Obagi. How long have you been using it? What great results did you get? Any improvement with large pores or wrinkles?
Maheen ~ Sorry to hear about your threading ordeal. I hate it when I make bad choices that mess up my skin. Trust me, I've made my share of mistakes lately and am paying the price!
I've heard about this Jane Iredale makeup too. I'm always looking for a good foundation, because I just can't find one that I like. I tend to look better without it because the lines and pores on my face just seem to stand out more when I wear makeup. Do any of you ladies use this foundation and do you have any input for me about it?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:55 am      Reply with quote
Moosejavian...sweetheart..its not your fault...u dont have to feel bad...plzzz...u told me only about eyebrows,,not the whole face...na dyes i got the whole face threaded...aaaahhhhhh regretting badly...that area is still raw looking reddish but not burning anymore....i am more worried about leaving a scar or browninsh color once its healed..i workd hard to get the skin i used to have 3 years back and i was sort of about to achieve it,,,,didnt want to get the bad skin back,,,i hope it doesnt happen./...i hope its not gonna leave any mark...oh God plzzzzzzzzzz......
So plzzz dont feel bad...
I was really happy cuz before Obagi my complexion got so dark cuz of various weird things i did to my skin,,i was nt happy about it,,,and now after using obagi for 8 weeks,,my complexion has become what it used to be,,,and i m really happy warm sienna looks dark on my face SmileSmileSmile
Okay Moose...dont feel bad...not ur fault AT ALL....

Beann...how did u ruin ur skin,,,why r u needing to use obagi ? what is wrong with ur skin,,,what is that ur trying to correct i m sure u ll get amazing results...Uptil yesterday mornnig(before i messed up my skin again)i was very very pleased with the results of Obagi...was thinknig wow i m lucky i found obagi and i found EDS forum Smile u ll do great too...
By the way everyone including Riley girl,,Moose,,Kims,,,Beann,,,,,,,,i have a 30 g tube of tretinoin 0.1 % that i have been using for the past 8 weeks,,and i still have it,and i m still using it,,,probably its gonna last me till the end of march,,,,so it means that i used the 30 gram tube for 3 mnoths that is 12 weeks....whats wrong with me..plzz tell me what do u think,,,am i using too leess of it ? i know i was supposed to use atleast a half gram every night so the tube should have lasted me for 2 mnoths but it would last me for 3 mnoths...aaahhh...what to do,,,,i still get flakiness but less than i used to in the first 4 weeks...should i increase the quantity ????????
Thanks SmileSmileSmile
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:01 am      Reply with quote
Beann forgot to tell u,,,i also get these fine lines in my eye area when i wake up,,,they get lgither as day passess but are more prmoinenet once i wake up in the morning...never had even a single line in that area,,,,Kims and Rileygirl says,,,they r temporary....i think its noy cuz of dry skin,...u can use any eye moisturizing cream in that area...
Sydney
5% products discount

Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:23 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I have found this site a wealth of information and advice whilst I have been on Obagi Nu-derm....thankyou!! Razz I am currently on week 12. I still have very dry, red skin and am peeling. Up until now I have been using the exfoderm forte, but I have decided to change to the exfoderm to see if the side-effects lesson. Has anyone else done this??

I have taken 2 breaks during the 12 weeks and was very happy with the tone of my skin during the breaks. I am now determined to push for the final 6 weeks to complete the 18 weeks....I hope that I can keep my resolve!! Confused

For those of you who say that your eyes seem to have more wrinkles, I am having the same experiences. I was always quite proud of my lack of crows feet and bags, however the Obagi seems to have made any wrinkle much more pronounce. During my Obagi breaks there was a definate improvement, so I am hoping that this will change once I am on maintenance. Good Luck everyone and keep up the good work!! Smile
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:56 am      Reply with quote
Beann, I am on my 8th week and yes the face is a lot wrinkly in the morning because of the tretinoin the previous night. Some have used the Obagi eye cream, I just used an organic cucumber gel I have some days when it was really bad. My face doesn't peel as bad as the first few weeks anymore so it will definitely get better. I haven't bought the Jane Iredale yet, I am holding out until I can get their starter kit. You can read more about it on their website, I think it's the way to go for mineral make up.

Maheen, your rawness is probably just superficial and because it's new and you would still be using tretinoin then I think it will get pushed out. How do you measure half gram of tret? I read it should be from the end of your pinkie finger to the first joint or if you look at the tube of Obagi, it's the length from the letters OBA. I too still have not used up my first tube of clear and it should've only lasted me 30 days. I guess I wasn't using enough of the product in the beginning and have only recently really added more when I was already acclimatized to the whole system.

Sydney, welcome to the boards! Congrats on your 12wks, hang in there, it shouldn't be long now. I am still on my first tube of Exfoderm forte, I've always had oily skin so I think I am going to stick with the forte. Do you have enlarged pores and if so, have you noticed it diminish?
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:33 am      Reply with quote
Sydney congrats on getting good results....are u going to keep up the results with maintenance ? what was the reason u decided to start obagi nuderm systtem...?
U said u took 2 breaks,,,during that time what good changes u saw in ur skin ?
Thamks...
Moose,,,i hope u r right.....i m hopeful,,will let u know i n a few dsys what happened...Smile
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:37 am      Reply with quote
Ok, you guys, will someone explain to me what is "threading?" Sorry for my lack of knowledge!

Maheen, can you use Aquaphor on the raw areas and back off on the Obagi until it clears? You're right, you don't want any hyperpigmentation to result. Let us know how it goes!

I know some of you are feeling more "wrinkly" these days and I think that's pretty common while on Nuderm, but it really is temporary. I felt like I had new lines and wrinkles, too. It seems like any imperfections you might have (or think you have) are highly exaggerated. It does get better!

I did the whole Nuderm regimen for almost 28 weeks before going on maintenance. My biggest problem related to serious sun damage -- lots of sun spots, discoloration, rough texture. Nuderm really took care of the spots and freckles, but even on maintenance I'm still hoping for more improvement in texture.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
Kims, threading is a method for taking out facial hair. It's really amazing how it's done.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIeHYNt-rl4
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:35 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |