Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

My Obagi nuderm diary...with follow up :)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:23 pm      Reply with quote
Isnt it so nice that u think that there is no one coming onlnie these days,,or atleast not coming on EDS,,,but as soon as u write somehting here,,,all of a sudden all those people come back and start encouraging u and helping u ? thank u soooooooo soo soo much Kims ,beann and Mmooose....
U have made me feel really better...
Beann,,,my skin tone is yellow,,,but cant understand what difference it makes ? have u heard that obagi doesnt work on this tone of skin:? Really >? i have never heard of that...plz tellme something if u know...
Kims,,.,thats so sweet of u to say that i am beautiful rigth now,actually u r beautful form outside and in...
U r right to say may be this is the old damage thats obagi bringing up and yeah i have got got results,,i mean i can not say it hasnt worked on me..i remember before obagi,my skin got so much blotchy that it totally ruined all my face ,,,i rememebr i was not able to see my face in the mirror after waking up cuz it was so depressing to see weird comlexion,,dark light dark light,,,ewww...When i would go in the morning to the bathroom to brush my teeth,,,i used to avoid looking in the mirrow in front of the sink,,but now,it doesnt happen,,,even though some days i dont like exaclty what i see cuz the skin is soo dry and the laugh line appears dark too,,,bcuz of the dryness,,,but the issue of blotchiness is not there,,,,,once i wash my face with water,,and when it is still a bit damp and the dryness is gone,,then again when i look in the mirror,,,i m not that bad...so yeah i know it is working,,,and i will complete the 24 weeks,,i m sure about that since i have already ordered that obagi products ...Smile its just that i feel the improvement has stopped,,,the results i achieved in the beginnig of obagi,,they r the ones still on my favce but cant see anything new...thats my problem,,but lets see...i was hoping that i will,,like the otehrs,,see the big improvement form the 12th week too,,but how can i get amazig results in the remaining 1 week...
Moose,,,i have nt taken any before pics and i wish i had,,,,i know if i did,,,it could show there is a lot of improvemnt happened...
ANyway..thanks to all of u for the support...hope u guys r going good Smile
tk care now SmileSmileSmile
Sydney
5% products discount

Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:26 am      Reply with quote
Hi Maheen,

like you I did not have a wow moment throughout my 13 weeks of continuous use of obagi. I was red and peeling the whole time. My lines looked more prominent especially around my eyes. By 13 weeks I'd had enough and stopped the products. It was only once about 4 days after stopping the products that I took my after piccie and compared with a before one. Then I had my wow moment. It was clear to see looking at the pictures the benefits that obagi has had on my skin. I have now started maintenance and can go without foundation, just wearing lippy and mascara. For a 41 year old who has worn foundation for decades I think that is pretty good going. I so wish that I had the stamina to complete the third cycle, however I am pleased with my results. So, keep it up, I am sure that you too will be happy with your results. The whole process is quite a rollercoaster and seems to take forever, but you have come this far, keep going!! Very Happy
beann1210
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:54 am      Reply with quote
Maheen ~ That was just a guess regarding your skin tone and whether or not it might take longer for darker tones. I do know, however, that the Obagi brochure states that part of the process is old damaged cells get pushed to the surface and are replaced with new cells. Maybe this is what you're experiencing. I am still getting this as well.
Keep it up. So many have loved their results, and all these women can't be wrong. Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:57 am      Reply with quote
Sydney,
Congrats to you! Sounds like your skin is in great condition; and no foundation -- that's amazing!

Maheen,
You're doing great. We're all here for you! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:15 am      Reply with quote
Sydney ,beann and Kimmssss Smile
First of all accept a biggg hug from me Smile
thanks alot...i am feeling encouraged....
Sydney,,,,honeslty ur post has made it easier for me to continue....it feels exaclty what u experienced is the same as i m currently experiencing Smile my skin ilooks the same way,,,red weird,,flaky....
the bad thing is that i didnt take any pics before starting obgi....
i will keep using it,,,,and will make sure i complete my 24 weeks....i do remember what myskin used to look like....For me its a sweet dream to go out with out lots of powder and foundation on to try to make my skin tone even...:)in the last 3 years i havent left the house without them...it qwould be just a miracle for me if that could happen SmileSmileSmile

Beann...my skin is not that dark,,,,It became much much darker in the last 3 to 4 years but origoinally i was nt born with a dark skin,,,my skin was always light and yellow or goldish.....so now i can see my cmoplexion returning and its a great feeling,,,hopefully once i stop using obagi for some time,,my skin is going to get even lighter may be somewhat close to what it was,,i would love it....the reddish color of myskin due to the use of obagi is not letting me see exaclty what obagi has done for me......
By the way i was getting lots of acne on my face that i didnt have 6 months ago,,but since i have started takinng my daily dose of 500 mg of niacin,,acne is gone SmileSmileSmile
Thanks Kims,,,,,u all r right,,,i m doing fine and will get the reward later,,may be after few weeks SmileSmileSmile
Luv yaaa alllllll........
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
Maheen, even if you didn't have before pics, just compare your new pics to the ones you did at 6 wks. I'm sure you'll like it!

Sydney, wow, no foundation! What brand of sunscreen are you using? I can't remember, did you have large pores before? Did you find they got smaller?
beann1210
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
Now I know what you all mean by a rollercoaster ride. My skin was doing great, but today I had a bad skin day. I'm hoping you can all assure me that this is how it goes at around week 6, and that I will start having more good skin days than bad. Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
beann1210 wrote:
Now I know what you all mean by a rollercoaster ride. My skin was doing great, but today I had a bad skin day. I'm hoping you can all assure me that this is how it goes at around week 6, and that I will start having more good skin days than bad. Confused

Hi Beann,
Sounds normal to me! There's always ups and downs and will be throughout the entire process. You're nearly finished with the "out with the old" phase; you're 1/3 of the way through!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
Beann, just a week or so ago I had the major peelies again and before that some acne break outs. So yes, good and bad days are the norm. From what I've experienced it seems that I will get the bad peelies for a few days sometime in each one of the 6 wk cycle. So I am expecting some more when I start my 3rd cycle.

I am still waiting on the tretinoin 0.05% cream that I ordered online, it's taking forever but they are the only ones I found who delivers to Canada. All this time I have been using the 0.025% in gel form! I am excited to get the cream in higher % to see if that will make a difference.

Kims, does the NIA24 SS leave a whitish cast on the face? TIA!
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
Beann...everyone is right,,this is absolutley normal...bad days will come and go but honeslty i m in my 11th week and for me,,,the bad days are still there..nothing seems the way i expected it to be,,,i mean,,,my face still doesnt look the way it should be looknig on the 11th week,,,i dont know....still lots of improvemnt to happen..hopefully...
I still peel...its all gonna be fine once we r on maintenance,,everyone is saying that so lets believe them...

Kims....i nevr had fine wrinkles or any kinda wrinkles around my eyes but after starting Obagi i have many of them...u can see them from close...even my hubby noticed them without me telling them...and ofcourse they look weird for a 30 yr old...i have those fine lines specially in the area thats below the eye....
Please can u tell me if u have an idea when am i going to get rid of these lines...i dont apply any moisturizer in this area...do u think its becase of that ? if these lines are not permanent,,then r they completely gonig to disappear ? and if yes,,then when ? once i stop obagi or go on maintenance or sometime during these cycles ?
Thanks SmileSmileSmile
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:18 am      Reply with quote
Hi Maheen
I have been starting using Obagi last week and I decided not to put it around my eyes because I know retin-a for me in that area makes it look
wrinkly and dry. So I treat my whole face except around my eyes and I use my usual eye cream. No way I am going through the ugly retin-a drying thing around my eyes ever again. Some women have very thin skin in the eye area and can't tolerate retin-a there.
beann1210
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:47 am      Reply with quote
Thanks girls. I'll keep it up. Geeezzzz . . . The things we do to be beautiful. Laughing

Hey Moose ~ I ordered my last Obagi set from a place called Skincareheaven.com. (The first set I got from my derm.) Not only are their prices better, but you get 10% of what you spend off of your next order. So, if you spend $100 now, you'll get $10 off the next time you buy something. They have the Obagi Tretinoin in all three strengths, and I didn't see anything about not shipping to Canada. Also, I got my order in 4 days! Here's the link. Check them out: http://www.skincareheaven.com/newproducts.php?index_search_box=Obagi+Tretinoin

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:27 am      Reply with quote
Hello Everyone!

Moosej, I like the NIA24 sunscreen because it does a great job of protecting my skin. It initially leaves a whitish cast, but it quickly sinks in. It also seems greasy at first which is the part that I don't like about it. I really feel that a physical sunscreen is superior to a chemical one. Hope that helps a little.

Maheen, You can use an eye cream while you're on Obagi -- anyone that you like -- if you feel that your eye area is too dry.

5% products discount

Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:49 am      Reply with quote
I started using obagi nu derm normal to oily skin w/o tretinoin, i just bought it and try it because i am reading good reviews about it.

im on my 6th day, my skin is peeling less around my mouth, less itch and less stretch. compared to my first 4 days.

i still can't see improvements yet but i will surely continue with the program.

does it mean i got less peeling because i don't use tretinoin ? pls advise ...
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:43 am      Reply with quote
Hi Whengz! Welcome to the board! From what I understand you won't get the full effects of the Nuderm system if you don't include tretinoin in the regime. You should start with the 0.25% if you haven't used tretinoin before. For many of us we didn't see any improvements in the skin at least until after the first 6 wk cycle.

Maheen, thanks for the link. I have already paid for my tretinoin order, it's coming from overseas and still via the US so it's taking a long time. They told me anywhere from 20-30 days. It was more cost effective for me that way too. I ordered 3 x 20 gm of 0.05% plus shipping only cost me $30.

Kims, thanks!
whengz
5% products discount

Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:03 am      Reply with quote
hi moosejavian thanks for ur warm welcome ..

do you think if use tretinoin .25% together with the blender , it will make my skin red again and will swell ? cuz i was so scared during my first 3 days that my face was swollen.

and where could i order the tretinoin with out prescription ?
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:15 am      Reply with quote
Whengz, are you in the US? I think many ladies here on EDS order from alldaychemist.com and medsmex.com. I haven't gotten from them since I live in Canada. I think if you add tretinoin you will initially get some redness but you can start with every other day until you get used to it.
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
Dear Whengz,,,,,as far as i know,,,,u wont get the benefits of obagi nuderm without using tretinoin...yes u can start with 0.025 and then move up to may be 0.5 and then 0.1..i started directly with 0.1 and i didnt have any problems...i did have flaky skin that i still have,,,had reddish sunburn look,but thats absolutely normal..thats a reminder to me that obagi is working and good things r happening...
You should definitely start using tretinoin along with the other obagi products...i have heard that if i a person doesnt use tretinoin
with it,,,,its like missing one of the most important products of obagi...
so do it girl Smile

I am hapy,,,one of my relatives have pharmacy and he sent me 2 tubes each of 45 grams...its a generic one...but who cares...he didnt want me to pay for it but i did...i paid a total of 110 dollars for the 2 tubes and 10 for the shipping...i think this much will last me till my 24 weeks completed...Smile
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Kims...i hope once i start using eye cream,,the wrinkles disappear...hope they r not permanent...
beann1210
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
margarett wrote:
Hi Maheen
I have been starting using Obagi last week and I decided not to put it around my eyes because I know retin-a for me in that area makes it look
wrinkly and dry. So I treat my whole face except around my eyes and I use my usual eye cream. No way I am going through the ugly retin-a drying thing around my eyes ever again. Some women have very thin skin in the eye area and can't tolerate retin-a there.

Hey Maheen ~ I have the eye wrinkles too. The other thing that is actually kind of funny, is that I have a whitish mustache going on. Reminds me of mild mustache. The flaking skin is not coming off as easily on my upper lip because of the peach fuz, so it's whiter than the rest of my face. I was laughing at myself this morning. Too funny. Wrinkles and a mustache; aren't I supossed to be getting better looking? Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
That was supossed to say "milk mustage". My figers got away from me.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
Ok. Let's try this one more time . . . "MILK MUSTACHE", not "mild mustage". Geezzze! I think I need to get more sleep. Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
hahahahahhaha...finally u succeeded....not ur fault,,,obagi"s fault...its making us nervous...
U r right/.//..its suppose to make us look better than what we were....
Did u have the ey wrinkles before ? if no,,,,then arent u worried about it what if it stays like this ? i m worried...i will go and get teh eye cream and start using it...the one thig i didnt have was wrinkles and yes finally i have the complete packgae,,,wrinkle sat 30 Smile
Are u using any eye cream ?
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
Are we supposed to use the exfoderm or exfoderm forte around the eyes ? or do we need to skip this area ?
Are u all using it ?
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
maheen1 wrote:
Are we supposed to use the exfoderm or exfoderm forte around the eyes ? or do we need to skip this area ?
Are u all using it ?

The Exfoderm may be a little too irritating for the eye area, but I did use all the other products. But since you're concerned, skip the Obagi and use an eye cream of your choice.

I don't think your eye wrinkles are permanent.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:43 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |