Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

My Obagi nuderm diary...with follow up :)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
moosejavian wrote:
Kims, do you think the JI magic mitt will work for exfoliation? It is a microfiber cloth too. I want to have the option of buying it locally if I can because if I went with NCN I might end up paying duties.

I'm sure it'll work just fine, Moosej. I have a Clarisonic and it worked really well in getting rid of the "peelies."

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
I have used others,but like Nanci's best and I did use it while on the first 18 weeks,but only VERY GENTLE don't rub to hard.I also used ZO exfoliate while on the 18 weeks also.ZO products are made by the same doctor that makes nuderm and I email him about using it and he said he recommends it with nuderm, it is very good,that really helped me get through the 18 weeks.
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Leggy!

I have another brewing pimple and it's on my nose! It hasn't surfaced yet, hopefully it will die down after I spot treated it with tea tree oil. I don't know if this is purging or my hormones are out of whack but I've also been snacking on chocolates lately. Rolling Eyes
whengz
5% products discount

Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
hi moosejavian , maheen1 nd riley. i join this forum because i know i could get good advices from you who's been on obagi nu derm program for a longer time.. Smile

i have bought my tretinoin .05 and it arrive just monday. i applied it with the blender that night and so last night.. morning comes and i do feel some stretch on my face but still no peeling.

i do follow the procedures.. any idea no peeling for me ? Embarassed
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
Whengz, it could take a few days before it starts to peel. Mine came after about 3 or 4 days, I've read some in a week. Or some people don't peel with it as much as other people do. If you don't peel then consider yourself lucky!
whengz
5% products discount

Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
moosejavian - but does it mean if i don't peel the old dead skin won't come off ?
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
Whengz, honestly, I don't know the answer to that! I think skin is constantly shedding even if we don't see it. The products just make them do it faster. Don't worry just yet, in the next few days I am sure you will see some sort of peeling.
Leggy 61
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
Whengz,It takes sometimes 5 or 6 days before you see peeling or flakes,but they will come.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
whengz wrote:
hi moosejavian , maheen1 nd riley. i join this forum because i know i could get good advices from you who's been on obagi nu derm program for a longer time.. Smile

i have bought my tretinoin .05 and it arrive just monday. i applied it with the blender that night and so last night.. morning comes and i do feel some stretch on my face but still no peeling.

i do follow the procedures.. any idea no peeling for me ? Embarassed

It is still a little too early, whengz. It can take a few week for the dry and flaky to start. But, if you do not ever get dry or flaky, it does not mean the system is not working. There are a few people who can tolerate the products and not have any of the side effects. Trust me, you will probably get the dry/flaky skin very shortly!
beann1210
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
moosejavian wrote:
Beann, is it the Monistat gel or powder that you use as primer? And does that go on after the SS to act as primer for the MMU? I would have to look at that when I am at the store.

Kims, yeah, it's my nose and cheeks too, it's almost like a big triangle area right smack in the middle of my face. Sad Rolling Eyes I wonder what Jane Iredal product would be recommended for a cover up? I would have to ask at the spa when I go there next.

I think exfoliation is key to preventing large pores so that the oil doesn't sit in them and makes it balloon up so I will probably keep using the exfoderm and then maybe experiment with the OCM. I am just hoping I don't purge anymore from it after purging with Obagi.

Moose ~ Sorry. Must have missed your question before. The Monistat is a gel/powder. It looks like a gel coming out of the tube but feels like a powder when you put it on. Makes your skin feel like silk. You would use it as a regualar primer; after SS and before Makeup. May want to give it a few minues to set in before appling make up on top of it; especailly MMU.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
I need hugs! I'm having a horrible skin day. Crying or Very sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
beann1210 wrote:

Big hugs, beann. It will pass quicker than you think. Stick with it, you will be very happy with your results in the end. Very Happy
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
beann1210 wrote:

Sending hugs your way, too, Beann!! Tomorrow's a new day! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Beann! Hugs to you! You're not alone! I was off from work today but still had to go out to do some errands but I couldn't get the dry flakies under control! I'm wondering now if the new SS I used had something to do with it. Geez, I guess it's another trial and error for my SS search.
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:45 pm      Reply with quote
Whengz.....dont worry..everyone is right,,too early to say anything or to get disappointed...u ll get the peeling eventually...mine started days later,,dont know how many but didnt start rigth away Smile
Beannnnn......
Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggggggggggggggggggggsssssssssssssssss Very Happy
good days will come never to go back SmileSmileSmile
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:07 am      Reply with quote
Heyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa all,,,this is the beginnig of my 12th week,,the week i have been waiting for Smile
Everything is almost the same,,,,
Kims once i have ASKED u if u had the wow feeling at the end of nuderm,,and u said that u neverhad that since all the changes were too gradual and it was nt like one day u woke up with a better skin....today i understand what u meant by that...
Today when i look at my face,,,i can tell the difference,,,,
On the scale of 1 to 10
if blotchiness was 10 before nuderm than now it is less than 1 Smile i didnt say 0 because there is a half inch patch of light brown melasma on my left cheek thats just not going anywhere,,it is still there dont know what to do about it...

If before starting nuderm my Acne was 8,,then it is now 0...(p.s i m also taking niacin 500 mg for it and its magical...

Freshness
My face was not fresh looknig at ALL before starting nuderm but now it looks FRESH Smile

Complexion
Before nuderm,my complexion got much much darker ..only my face was affected since it was the only part of my body oter than feet and hands that was exposed to sunlight...my face used to look much darker as compared to my chest andthe rest of my bod y and now Smile)Smile My face looks almost the same shade SmileSmileSmile i m ecstatic...

Previoualy ,,when i had nt statted obagi nuderm,,,i would look my self in the mirror and what and what i would see is a face that was depressed,,,blotchy,,,aged,,,,as if that face was nt happy and was nt healthy either,,but now since my face looks fresh,,,,toned,,,and over all healthy,,i wake up everyday to see a happy face in the mirror...

So Kims and Riley,,,salute to u again SmileSmileSmile
I am happpppyyyyyyyy.

Do u think its gonna stay like this now or its going to improve more in the next 12 weeks ??????
And thanks kims,,,,,i dont use ss at home but now i will SmileSmileSmile

Moose how r u doing....
Beannn huugggs for u again....
Leggy 61
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:04 am      Reply with quote
Maheel, CONGRATULATION!!!!!!!!!!!!! on your success it does feel good to see progress and it will only get better. I kept a log and took pictures each week and after reading your post went back and looked,I could'nt believe how I looked on those weeks,some good some bad.I noticed that on week 14 I just started looking better and after that smooth sailing,but the difference after maintenance was better so it is very important.Again a big congrats to you for all the hard work.

Beann,Hugs and hang in there we have all been there,there will be light at the end of the tunnel for you.
whengz
5% products discount

Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:11 am      Reply with quote
thanks for your inputs girls. cuz im a bit worried that the products don't want to cooperate with me.
since i started using nu derm w/o tretinion march 12- 21 (10 days) no peeling happened
and moosej suggested that i shld get tretinoin to complete my regime.

so i got it just this monday, and today i got peeling just around my mouth, but not on my cheeks Sad .. i was hoping that thru peeling my old acne spots and blemishes will fade.

but then i wont lose hope since i can have you girls here to encourage me and continue until I reach my 6th week...

thanks again guys!
whengz
5% products discount

Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:15 am      Reply with quote
and one more thing I have to ask you girls.

i will be attending a party next week, any advise what make up should i use ?

could i still use a liquid foundation or mineral foundation just to cover up the redness of my face ?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:44 am      Reply with quote
whengz wrote:

so i got it just this monday, and today i got peeling just around my mouth, but not on my cheeks Sad .. i was hoping that thru peeling my old acne spots and blemishes will fade.

The cheeks are very hard to peel, and most people do not have peeling on their cheeks. Are you making sure you are using the correct amount of the products, and rubbing them in really well?
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Maheen, So, so , so happy for you today! You've made some real progress. And I'll bet that the small spot of melasma will be gone by the time you're finished!! Yay you!! Very Happy

Whengz, Remember that you're just starting Nuderm and you may not see a lot of progress just yet. Rileygirl's right about not peeling on your cheeks; I didn't peel there either. However, you might try adding a little extra Exfoderm to just your cheeks and see what happens. Take care!

5% products discount

Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
thanks riley and kims, im pretty sure you saw how the product works for you Smile

so definitely i would still go on with the program..

what about my last question on what make up to wear... any idea if i can put on bare mineral
matte with SPF 15 ...
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
Whengz, you can use make up while on the Obagi. I'd say experiment with it now before the big day, if you haven't really had any peeling you shouldn't have any issues. But with that being said, the day of your party your skin might be flaking/peeling! We just never know with Obagi, some days good, some not so good. Or maybe you can stop the Obagi the night before and that morning.

Maheen, yay for you!!!! Congrats! I am sure it will just get better and better from here!

Beann, hope today is a bit better for you!
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
whengz wrote:
and one more thing I have to ask you girls.

i will be attending a party next week, any advise what make up should i use ?

could i still use a liquid foundation or mineral foundation just to cover up the redness of my face ?

Hi Whengz,
If you don't want to be red and peely next week for your party, just stop using the products 2-3 days before. You can use any make up you're comfortable with -- either liquid or powder.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Kims for being sooo happy fpr me...i m happy too Smile wow so u saw the real difference started occurring in the 14th week Smile i think its different for everyone but the best thing is that u r keeping up with the results...
Kims do u think that obagi is eventually going to take care of my lguh lines ??? i mean seriously,,,its bothering me alot ! do u had any such issues ,,if u did,,,then may be u know the answer Smile
Moose thanks...Smile howz everything gonig with u ? arent u tired of using obagi now ? Smile
Leggy:) thanksssssss alot Smileu r happy for me today,,i ll be happy for u tomorro becuz u ll love what u ll see in the mirror,,mirror will be ur best friend Smile
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:52 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |